Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,884 members, 7,813,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1435337 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Happyfellow147: 8:48pm On Sep 01, 2021
Someone should help please
I'm applying for international passport, never had one before. I used my maiden name as surname and chose Mrs as title.
My husband is my next of kin. The immigration officers during my interview convinced me to change my title to Miss and use single as my status.
They said that since I'm using my maiden name, that it would be extremely difficult to change the name to my husband's surname should I want to do so in future if I register as Mrs. Note also that this would affect my next of kin relationship as I cannot state single and fill 'husband' as NOK.
Now if I take their advice, it may be difficult to apply for my husband to join as my dependant since our wedding date showing on the certificate is earlier than my international passport registration date which I claimed single as my status.
If I go ahead to do a change of name, I'd have to pay afresh to apply for international passport including paying for change of name on my national ID.

I want to ask them to register me with my maiden name and indicate married as I don't intend to change my name anytime soon
All my official documents including school application bear my maiden name

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 1manuel(m): 4:37am On Sep 02, 2021
adexyone:
thanks. Can I have the contact pls

You have to go back to where she did the nin
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 02, 2021
Happyfellow147:
I'm applying for international passport, never had one before. I used my maiden name as surname and chose Mrs as title.
My husband is my next of kin. The immigration officers during my interview convinced me to change my title to Miss and use single as my status.
They said that since I'm using my maiden name, that it would be extremely difficult to change the name to my husband's surname should I want to do so in future if I register as Mrs. Note also that this would affect my next of kin relationship as I cannot state single and fill 'husband' as NOK.
Now if I take their advice, it may be difficult to apply for my husband to join as my dependant since our wedding date showing on the certificate is earlier than my international passport registration date which I claimed single as my status.
If I go ahead to do a change of name, I'd have to pay afresh to apply for international passport including paying for change of name on my national ID.

I want to ask them to register me with my maiden name and indicate married as I don't intend to change my name anytime soon

Married but you ain't answering your husband's name..the effect of your mistake might not be now but in the nearest future and you will surely regret it. Your husband will end up answering your boyfriend till they kingdom come.
Why not wait till you get married and then do the passport? Affidavit and marriage certificate will cover the name differences.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Mickeywilliams(m): 10:02am On Sep 02, 2021
Please , is there any difference between the standard passport and the new e-passport asides the 10 year validity period and the enhanced security features? Difference in terms of usage.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ademidecare: 10:54am On Sep 02, 2021
MrMay8:
I need to contact you . Can I pm
sure please...
I've been busy with covid vaccine that's why I'm not online
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ademidecare: 10:56am On Sep 02, 2021
[quote author=NYCnextStop post=105373482]True.

FESTAC command is DIY friendly. They are willing to assist you at every stage

How did you go about your local government Id. That's the only document delaying me[/quote
Just search for your state local govt liaison office on google ..
I did mine in ekiti laison office at GRA ikeja and got it instantly... That's the only way you can get a genuine state of origin cert
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by moyin29: 10:57am On Sep 02, 2021
Ikoyi passport collection (Renewal) for my husband ooo not me
Document vetted 29/6/2021
Capture: 2/7/2021
Collecting 2/9/2021
Omo Ikoyi no be for the faint hearted

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ademidecare: 10:57am On Sep 02, 2021
Galaxyroyp:
Guys what type of passport is being done at Festac? Is it standard passport or enhanced e passport?

Thanks in advance.
E enhanced passport.. The new passport
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by NYCnextStop(m): 11:04am On Sep 02, 2021
[quote author=Ademidecare post=105413236][/quote]Thanks. How much is it?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by NYCnextStop(m): 11:09am On Sep 02, 2021
InfinixMine:
Guys which should I get Local government of origin certificate or State of origin certificate?

Local government. It's more detailed
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kjsoteria: 11:28am On Sep 02, 2021
Sis, as you know they make everything difficult in Nigeria. I have been in this dilemma recently and had to succumb to changing from my maiden name to my husband’s name not because I was ready to make that change but because of the rigorous administrative processes involved (not just now, but in the future).

I can tell you that no where is it mandated (culturally and religion wise) that a woman must change her name when married. And please don’t claim single because you are not, as far as you have a legal document to back up your marriage. It’s ok to have a Mrs Title and still use your maiden name. However, (in Nigeria) the tradeoffs might be more consequential on the cons of not changing it especially in this clime. Some examples are ; having name discrepancies in joint assets which may complicate legalities, having to get consent letter to travel with your kids because of name difference, having to deal with the stressful process of redoing your NIN and Passport again in the future (when you are ready) etc.

I’m still having NIN issues because of this. I decided to just get it out of the way now. It’s just another thing women have to go through in the name of marriage.
The decision is yours ultimately.

Happyfellow147:

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Happyfellow147: 2:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
Thank you very much
I understand exactly what you mean because I was almost thrown off balance yesterday. Thank God I told them to pause.
Here in Port Harcourt, the immigration officers are not DIY friendly and they kept on referring to it yesterday.

I don't have the time and energy to do the Nimc change of name and all presently.
If I do that, it means I'd also apply for a fresh passport which would bear my husband's name
They should register me like that. My marriage certificate and court affidavit should be enough
kjsoteria:
Sis, as you know they make everything difficult in Nigeria. I have been in this dilemma recently and had to succumb to changing from my maiden name to my husband’s name not because I was ready to make that change but because of the rigorous administrative processes involved (not just now, but in the future).

I can tell you that no where is it mandated (culturally and religion wise) that a woman must change her name when married. And please don’t claim single because you are not, as far as you have a legal document to back up your marriage. It’s ok to have a Mrs Title and still use your maiden name. However, (in Nigeria) the tradeoffs might be more consequential on the cons of not changing it especially in this clime. Some examples are ; having name discrepancies in joint assets which may complicate legalities, having to get consent letter to travel with your kids because of name difference, having to deal with the stressful process of redoing your NIN and Passport again in the future (when you are ready) etc.

I’m still having NIN issues because of this. I decided to just get it out of the way now. It’s just another thing women have to go through in the name of marriage.
The decision is yours ultimately.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Drey007: 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2021
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by InfinixMine: 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2021
Thank you. I have to visit my LGA of origin, right?

NYCnextStop:
Local government. It's more detailed
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tejpot(m): 7:06pm On Sep 02, 2021
I saw an August 28th article on thisday online.
Modified: Updated link
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/08/27/with-ict-compliant-officials-transferred-over-5000-applications-are-abandoned-at-ikoyi-passport-office/

I don't know how true the content is, but it seems what is happening in Ikoyi is not hidden to the authorities afterall. I also heard, not verified though, that taskforce was sent from Abuja to Ikoyi passport office and they are directed to clear all backlogs before attending to new ones. People maybe able to pick their passports soon.

BUT TO NEW APPLICANTS, IKOYI REMAINS A NO GO AREA.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by NYCnextStop(m): 7:25pm On Sep 02, 2021
InfinixMine:
Thank you. I have to visit my LGA of origin, right?

It depends on your location.
I think you can also get it from your state's liason office
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by liricaliblunt(f): 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2021
Got my passport today
Submission: 16th July
Captured: 4th August
Picked up: 2nd September
Through each process , I never received a text from Alausa Passport office. I just followed my mind.

Thanks to all contributors. You made the DIY simple enough

Japa mode fully enhanced!!!

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Spicywify: 8:23pm On Sep 02, 2021
Hello house, I want to renew my children's passport. Do they need to get the NIN?

Can I do it myself for them?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 10:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
Put it this way.
Eg your father’s surname is Elechi
Your husband’s surname is Madu
You are either Miss Elechi or Mrs. Madu
You are not Mrs. Elechi as that is your father’s name.
If there’s anything you dnt want to face is stress of Nigerian change and change.
There is absolutely no haste in changing your name but if you insist on keeping your maiden name, the right thin is Miss.. the maiden name and not Mrs. Maiden name
It is very incorrect.
As for your application later, there is no where on the intl passport that will be printed that will state miss or mrs
Also lots of married women still have their maiden names on their documents and are recognized as married. The Western world does not enforce or force uou to change your name so I wonder why you feel your status as married will not be recognized except you change your prefix.
The single/married thing filled on the immigration portal does not come up anywhere on the data page of your ppt.

Attach your marriage certificate and other proofs of genuine relationship between you and your husband to your dependent application, that is admissible evidence and not the date of international passport or prefix or married or single or mrs on intl ppt form.
Happyfellow147:

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2021
Spicywify:
Hello house, I want to renew my children's passport. Do they need to get the NIN?

Can I do it myself for them?
if the kids are applying in Lagos, Abuja or Ph they must get NIN. Other places ... no
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 10:21pm On Sep 02, 2021
Mickeywilliams:
Please , is there any difference between the standard passport and the new e-passport asides the 10 year validity period and the enhanced security features? Difference in terms of usage.
you dnt get 10 year validity except you specifically apply for 10 yrs. no difference. Bot passports are internationally and nationally accepted.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
If you have not made payment you can stop and refill a new form. That is all
Shortcut2life:

I did my registration online but stopped at the payment area cause it wasn’t processing and I chose osogbo as the place of submission now I have changed my mind to do the processing in Lagos and festac precisely .. will it affect my application since I have generated my application ID online already or I should go with all my documents and start afresh in festac ? Please I need an urgent response cause I will be going there tomorrow..
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Immacharles: 10:31pm On Sep 02, 2021
Please house, how much / how many weeks does it take to get an international passport in Lagos, and which passport office would you recommend.

Thank you �
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Spicywify: 10:56pm On Sep 02, 2021
Oggg:
if the kids are applying in Lagos, Abuja or Ph they must get NIN. Other places ... no
thanks so much for your response
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by nonye6194: 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2021
Immacharles:
Please house, how much / how many weeks does it take to get an international passport in Lagos, and which passport office would you recommend.

Thank you �

Use festac or alausa office.
Even if your best friend works in Ikoyi office, don't go there as you will regret it. I'm in the 9th week since my capture in Ikoyi for a fresh passport and it is still in production.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Topboyz5: 11:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
Happyfellow147:

Don't postpone the evil day, if you intend to change surname, DO IT NOW especially if you have all needed documents showing you are married. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Immacharles: 12:07am On Sep 03, 2021
Use festac or alausa office.
Even if your best friend works in Ikoyi office, don't go there as you will regret it. I'm in the 9th week since my capture in Ikoyi for a fresh passport and it is still in production. [/quote]

Alright, thank you. Please how much does it cost and what are the requirements of getting an international passport �
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobleman4l(m): 5:21am On Sep 03, 2021
Good day. Trying to search for this article as you posted here on thisday online for that particular date but I cannot seem to find it. Can you help in getting it out?
tejpot:
I saw an August 28th article on thisday online.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/category/business/

I don't know how true the content is, but it seems what is happening in Ikoyi is not hidden to the authorities afterall. I also heard, not verified though, that taskforce was sent from Abuja to Ikoyi passport office and they are directed to clear all backlogs before attending to new ones. People maybe able to pick their passports soon.

BUT TO NEW APPLICANTS, IKOYI REMAINS A NO GO AREA.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 4realwoman: 8:25am On Sep 03, 2021
MrMay8:
hello guys am currently filling the passport form online and am seeing select epassport. please is this the correct passport. although it seems to be the only option coming up
please have you gone for capturing? And how did it go? Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 1manuel(m): 8:37am On Sep 03, 2021
corleone427:

Am about to miss out on a job offer abroad because of ikoyi immigration

Guy, you don collect your passport??
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Teledom1: 8:42am On Sep 03, 2021
Hi , is it fresh or renewal.

liricaliblunt:
Got my passport today
Submission: 16th July
Captured: 4th August
Picked up: 2nd September
Through each process , I never received a text from Alausa Passport office. I just followed my mind.

Thanks to all contributors. You made the DIY simple enough

Japa mode fully enhanced!!!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tejpot(m): 10:42am On Sep 03, 2021
Nobleman4l:
Good day. Trying to search for this article as you posted here on thisday online for that particular date but I cannot seem to find it. Can you help in getting it out?
I just saw now that the link was shortened to the business news category. Here is the right link. I have also modified the other post.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/08/27/with-ict-compliant-officials-transferred-over-5000-applications-are-abandoned-at-ikoyi-passport-office/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.