Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1436422 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ayomideayo:

Congratulations...when did you capture pls and where??

July in Port Harcourt

But they have started issuing August and some September too
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ayomideayo(f): 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

July in Port Harcourt

But they have started issuing August and some September too
Oh ok, thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by homebase(m): 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2021
Please house I want to start the process.

Can I start the online registration on phone and go to business centre or cyber cafe to re-login to print out acknowledgment, guarantor form and payment receipt?

Secondly, how do i go about getting a state or local government ID letter as I am extremely far away from my local government?

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by RaniOpe: 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Guy forget them, it's just for that day, they are merely angry that you want to travel and leave them, even if you don't want to travel not many of them can bring out over 30k from their monthly salary to do international passport so they are VERY ANGRY especially when you are a young girl or young boy. If it's an older person who find them something they won't even react badly towards the person.

I remember when I went for capture I was looking "decent" by Nigerian standard, no long hair no bushy beards no earrings or anything fancy just normal me, but because the elderly couple and their children who went before me were all rubbing powder I picked up the powder too innocently wanting to feel among and also because my face was oily after waiting in the afternoon heat, the immigration lady shouted at me to "drop it down, what do you want to do with powder" As if she knew me from somewhere before or me and her have beef or I am her child.

What concern me, Atleast that was the only thing they shouted at me for the young girl on the seat beside me we were attended to the same time, everything they were yelling at her "put your hand here" "madam face front Wetin you dey look there?" Anything the girl did they shouted at her, when she ask question they will still shout at her. I felt bad for the girl.

Even Before we entered there, the guy supposed to take our names was just lamenting and lamenting about how we want to travel and we don't know we suppose to see him and find him something we just want him to be running around like that for us.
He pointed at one guy and said "See this one you too wan travel, if all of us travel who go come dey this country"
I said to myself, If you have this kind of mentality why then did you take the job as an immigration officer in a passport issuing office?
It's like a vegetarian being a butcher.

So bro forget them. Don't let their attitude rub off on you or influence you.

Person like me if someone else gets what I want I will use that person as inspiration, "if this person fit do am me too got do am na, even if at all him better pass me Wetin him use better pass me no too much". I will be happy for the person and maybe if we are close try to learn from him or her but our mummies and daddies don't see it that way. They see it as insulting especially when it's a younger person doing well.
Age is only a number oh when it comes to things like this. Success does not come based on seniority but our people don't know.

Thank you. This woman ruined my entire day. If na normal person, I'd have worded her so badly, that she'd cry.

At a point , she nearly chased me out of the office, I kept saying sorry ma for no offense
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by maridrug(m): 6:48pm On Nov 15, 2021
Did capturing since August but no passport.
Advised to pay N70K for fast tracking after Normal N30k
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by EgunMogaji2: 7:05pm On Nov 15, 2021
Coolcube:
I tire for Ibadan office o. This delay is costly!

I’m in the same boat.

It’s unfortunate that I can provide my own passport. I already provide most of what the government is supposed to provide myself.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ugmama(m): 7:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
Is interview date same as the date one will do capturing at Immigration office?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by daceo1(m): 8:07pm On Nov 15, 2021
Is there booklet in Alausa now?
Have they started attending to 5yrs 32pages passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ayofag(m): 3:55am On Nov 16, 2021
BoluwajiPieters:

No. I'm going there tomorrow...

Okay bro, any update from your visit
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by enawt: 7:58am On Nov 16, 2021
daceo1:
Is there booklet in Alausa now?
Have they started attending to 5yrs 32pages passport?

And Ikoyi as well?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 16, 2021
Thecvbankng:

Anyone can make the payment for you I believe. Just follow the instructions and enter the right details
Good day bro pls just want to start the passport processing hw can I go about it
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by homebase(m): 9:02am On Nov 16, 2021
Please house I want to start the process.

Can I start the online registration on phone and go to business centre or cyber cafe to re-login to print out acknowledgment, guarantor form and payment receipt?

Secondly, how do i go about getting a state or local government ID letter as I am extremely far away from my local government?

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by BoluwajiPieters: 9:14am On Nov 16, 2021
yhenny:
please what's the update? Did mine August 11 and last week I was told they stopped at July 15

They're still printing those for July. Maybe till next year..
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Foxie: 11:01am On Nov 16, 2021
Good day my people,

Please I want to process my int'l passport. I'm yet to change to my husband's name officially, my name In my NIN card is my maiden name, can I use my husband's surname instead of my maiden name or they'd require me to use the same surname on my NIN Card? Thanks for your swift response.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Specyano(m): 11:41am On Nov 16, 2021
Am I to go with any documents? I'm to capture 2mao since I didn't get any sms and it's d 5th day already.

DIY
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Omolatee: 11:59am On Nov 16, 2021
Could you please help me the person contact?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by daisydamsy: 1:35pm On Nov 16, 2021
Pls my people, I applied for my passport renewal since 4th of August. After a month I went to check, they said it’s being processed. Then last month I went to check again, they said “no record found”. I met an officer who told me it could be a glitch. Now I’m back here at their office and still no record found. They said I should go get my file. File that I submitted to them. Then they told me to search some piles of files, I didn’t see mine. What should I do pls? I’m worried cause I need to use the passport next month. Nigeria will not kill me.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Fiestafetta: 2:03pm On Nov 16, 2021
daisydamsy:
Pls my people, I applied for my passport renewal since 4th of August. After a month I went to check, they said it’s being processed. Then last month I went to check again, they said “no record found”. I met an officer who told me it could be a glitch. Now I’m back here at their office and still no record found. They said I should go get my file. File that I submitted to them. Then they told me to search some piles of files, I didn’t see mine. What should I do pls? I’m worried cause I need to use the passport next month. Nigeria will not kill me.

Which state is that? Honestly that is why I don't encourage DIY, Nigeria is not a country that is good with record, at least if you handed it over to an officer, he or she will be the one telling you what to do. The same thing I told my sister, not that we had money to waste but at Least to commit it to an officer within the premises...... Ask them what to do and follow their instruction
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by daisydamsy: 2:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
Fiestafetta:

Ikoyi, Lagos. Shey I never enter one chance like this? A friend who paid also has same issue with her children’s passport. Status says no record found.

Which state is that? Honestly that is why I don't encourage DIY, Nigeria is not a country that is good with record, at least if you handed it over to an officer, he or she will be the one telling you what to do. The same thing I told my sister, not that we had money to waste but at Least to commit it to an officer within the premises...... Ask them what to do and follow their instruction
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gann: 2:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
daisydamsy:
just imagine. and you need this passport next month? the best is to find a way to complain to a senior officer oh. carry along that print out you were given after capture as an evidence of transaction. hmmmm good luck, you are going to need it.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ictmikky(m): 2:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
Your names on the passport should match your NIN especially if you're doing it in Lagos and Abuja. It's either you retain your maiden or process a name change for your NIN. You'll pay some money via Remita and you'll go for capturing at an approved NIN enrollment centre like those at the Local Government offices

Foxie:
Good day my people,

Please I want to process my int'l passport. I'm yet to change to my husband's name officially, my name In my NIN card is my maiden name, can I use my husband's surname instead of my maiden name or they'd require me to use the same surname on my NIN Card? Thanks for your swift response.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Foxie: 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2021
ictmikky:
Your names on the passport should match your NIN especially if you're doing it in Lagos and Abuja. It's either you retain your maiden or process a name change for your NIN. You'll pay some money via Remita and you'll go for capturing at an approved NIN enrollment centre like those at the Local Government offices

Thank you for your response. Please are there any implications if I decide to use my maiden name, like if we're to get visas as a family. Can I be denied visa because I don't share same surname with my husband and child?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by mimzzz: 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2021
So sorry for all this. I think you should complain widely.
On facebook send messages
On the NIS portal send messages too
There are numbers and emails on the website- so call and email.
Also go to Servicom office with all your receipts of payments and acknowledgement slips. And complain. Ask to speak to the PCO.
Don't take no for an answer
I think the worst case is you may have to submit andcapture again etc. But I think if you make a big enough fuss, you should get some fast track treatment.

Also if you know the date you went there, they usually have a book where they enter the files or the submissions. That can help.
But I def go back there with all your documents, complain to Servicom and escalate to the pco.
daisydamsy:

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pinkyruledworld(m): 12:01am On Nov 17, 2021
With all these brouhaha of passport renewal. If you have money, do 10 years and save yourself the stress of trying to renew in 5 years.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by daisydamsy: 1:08am On Nov 17, 2021
Thank you.
mimzzz:
So sorry for all this. I think you should complain widely.
On facebook send messages
On the NIS portal send messages too
There are numbers and emails on the website- so call and email.
Also go to Servicom office with all your receipts of payments and acknowledgement slips. And complain. Ask to speak to the PCO.
Don't take no for an answer
I think the worst case is you may have to submit andcapture again etc. But I think if you make a big enough fuss, you should get some fast track treatment.

Also if you know the date you went there, they usually have a book where they enter the files or the submissions. That can help.
But I def go back there with all your documents, complain to Servicom and escalate to the pco.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lookingfly: 6:16am On Nov 17, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
Hey guys tiri gbosa for you all!!!

I got my passport this morning,

Now unto the next.

I wish you all success. Don't worry you will all get it no matter the means you use.
did you do it yourself? How does one get a commissioner of oat to sign the guarantor's form as stated on their website or I need for that?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lookingfly: 6:18am On Nov 17, 2021
pinkyruledworld:
With all these brouhaha of passport renewal. If you have money, do 10 years and save yourself the stress of trying to renew in 5 years.
the immigration officer someone connected me said 10 yrs/ 64 pages is 90k.......that one too much ooo!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:34am On Nov 17, 2021
lookingfly:
did you do it yourself? How does one get a commissioner of oat to sign the guarantor's form as stated on their website or I need for that?

I did it myself,

You will go to court na where they do all these affidavit they'll do that for you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lookingfly: 8:40am On Nov 17, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

I did it myself,

You will go to court na where they do all these affidavit they'll do that for you.
wow, thanks........ It's the Standard passport one is applying for right? The officer i contacted is saying only 64 pages for 5 yrs and 10 yrs are the once available, that it will cost me 55k for the 5 yrs and 90k for 10 yrs. I don't have that kind of money ooo. I gats to do it myself.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:49am On Nov 17, 2021
lookingfly:
wow, thanks........ It's the Standard passport one is applying for right? The officer i contacted is saying only 64 pages for 5 yrs and 10 yrs are the once available, that it will cost me 55k for the 5 yrs and 90k for 10 yrs. I don't have that kind of money ooo. I gats to do it myself.

Do it yourself it'll cost you 30 something k and 70 something k respectively.
But you may not be updated regularly and given preferential treatment (normal courtesy) that's all

If you don't need it urgently do it yourself by ending of December or first two weeks of January max it'll be ready.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lookingfly: 8:59am On Nov 17, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Do it yourself it'll cost you 30 something k and 70 something k respectively.
But you may not be updated regularly and given preferential treatment (normal courtesy) that's all

If you don't need it urgently do it yourself by ending of December or first two weeks of January max it'll be ready.
alright........was there any notification when yours arrived or you kept checking their office at intervals?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:00am On Nov 17, 2021
lookingfly:
the immigration officer someone connected me said 10 yrs/ 64 pages is 90k.......that one too much ooo!
If the officer is gonna fast track it for you and will make you get it in time, i think its a good deal. How much is 32 pages?

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.