Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1451171 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (831) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by slim147(m): 11:23am On Nov 12, 2021
Thecvbankng:
Picked up my passport from the Ikoyi Passport Office moments ago. DIY method. Fresh passport. Registered and captured 25th July. Got a text last Saturday to go pick up.

Here's my opinion:

I won't encourage DIY in Ikoyi passport office. Not even with the new leadership there.

Nothing has changed. Literally nothing

You're expected to have an immigration officer on your case in Ikoyi

If you need your passport urgently and thinking of DIY, I'd suggest you ask around before attempting Ikoyi

Even to pickup passports, folks pay bribe to skip the wait

These are solely my personal opinions and decided to summarize my journey here and thank those that helped me along what became a journey.

Congrats . Please , when making the payment online, can a friend help me pay for the fees or may I be the one making the payment ? And which is the easiest or fastest way to make payment online
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lexy2lexy: 12:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
I sent a message on Facebook and to the official email address but yet to get a response or acknowledgment

iroanthony:
I sent message to the bus email about passport delaying, they replied to me that they have created tickets for me . After a day they sai that my ticket have been resolved pls what dose this mean
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Thecvbankng: 12:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
slim147:

Congrats . Please , when making the payment online, can a friend help me pay for the fees or may I be the one making the payment ? And which is the easiest or fastest way to make payment online

Anyone can make the payment for you I believe. Just follow the instructions and enter the right details

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by slim147(m): 12:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
Thecvbankng:

Anyone can make the payment for you I believe. Just follow the instructions and enter the right details

Please which is the easiest to make payment online ? Payarena? Or cash at bank ? And which bank is best?

I thought this page is for DIY does it mean nobody made payment or what? Make una answer na
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by EgunMogaji2: 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
mimzzz:
Were you able to get the application ID and reference number? If yes search for NIS portal status query. You should find a page/ section that allows you use your application ID and Ref number to retrieve the application form and receipt etc.

Alternatively check your e-mail inbox (and spam) for an e-mail from nis which should have the application if and reference number for you.

If these options don't work, then send them an e-mail or call or message on FB.

All the best.

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/visa/OnlineQueryStatus
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by slim147(m): 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
slim147:

Please which is the easiest to make payment online ? Payarena? Or cash at bank ? And which bank is best?

Need response pls
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by slim147(m): 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
Abeg , make una answer nah? Abi nobody do payment online ni?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Deemeeji: 1:58pm On Nov 12, 2021
[/color]
slim147:
Abeg , make una answer nah? Abi nobody do payment online ni?
[color=#990000]

I personally paid online using Netpost. Bank charges was about #2k+
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DuBLINGreenb(m): 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2021
slim147:

I thought this page is for DIY does it mean nobody made payment or what? Make una answer na

I paid online using Netpost or payarena there is a bank charge of about 1,500 or 2k
It's very easy to do just fill in your card details and pay.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by slim147(m): 2:35pm On Nov 12, 2021
Deemeeji:
[/color][color=#990000]

I personally paid online using Netpost. Bank charges was about #2k+

Okay what next after payment ?

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by slim147(m): 2:39pm On Nov 12, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

I paid online using Netpost or payarena there is a bank charge of about 1,500 or 2k
It's very easy to do just fill in your card details and pay.

Pleas what’s next after payment

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DuBLINGreenb(m): 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2021
Wait oh guys, what's going on please.

I was supposed to collect my passport on 22 - 7 - 2021

That is 22nd of July 2021 and it is now 12 NOVEMBER 2021 and still nothing at all from immigration.

My passport collection slip is with me here and it said collection date 22/7/21 was when I was supposed to collect the passport.

Please What is the way forward
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DuBLINGreenb(m): 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
slim147:

Pleas what’s next after payment

Print your receipt and the form you filled.

take those to the passport office

Go with your Nin as well you will submit photocopy of it

when you get there you will be asked to write a letter they should have letter format there that others have written you'll just write the same letter but add your name and address and sign and date then you'll staple them together and submit it all

If you have an old expired international passport go with it as well

If this is your first passport they may ask you for a referee or something like that I can't remember now but it's basically someone with an international passport all they need is the photocopy persons passport data page

And then local government identification and birth certificate or affidavit if it is your first passport.

Goodluck.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by EgunMogaji2: 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Gentlemen.

On the portal
https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/visa/OnlineQueryStatus

Where do I find application and reference numbers to use?

I do have the printout they gave me when I “captured”.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by slim147(m): 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

when you get there you will be asked to write a letter they should have letter format there that others have written you'll just write the same letter but add your name and address and sign and date then you'll staple them together and submit it all

If this is your first passport they may ask you for a referee or something like that I can't remember now but it's basically someone with an international passport all they need is the photocopy persons passport data page

And then local government identification and birth certificate or affidavit if it is your first passport.

Goodluck.

Thanks . Bless you bro

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
Rhuntee:
Just add 10 weeks to the normal 6 weeks, cos I eventually got my passport exactly 16 weeks after capturing.
Captured -14th July, 2021
Collected-3rd November, 2021
So judging by your result I should be expecting mine next week 16th November 2021 since I did my capture 13 days after you did yours.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by slim147(m): 3:24pm On Nov 12, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Goodluck.

Will I need passport photograph? If yes, how many?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by EgunMogaji2: 3:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
Just FYI.

I’m at the Ibadan office and the allegation is that they are producing July passports now.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:39pm On Nov 12, 2021
zyphr:

The delay in passport issuance is dependent on the traffic experienced by the passport office where you did your capturing plus they prioritise people regarded as VIPs first no matter the queue. I'll expect that a place like portharcourt will have a lot of people coming for passport as well as VIPs constantly taking up the scarce booklets hence the delay you are experiencing.
I heard that Zamfara has the least traffic and you could get your passport there in 3 days but who will risk his/her life because of passport?

Thanks for this reply I was warned to avoid doing it in PH but I get coconut head I no dey hear word.
When I went there the crowd at the PH office was something else but somehow somehow I conquered thinking I was sharp now see me lol.
All the same I have learnt my lesson next time I will do it in Bayelsa or some other state around. I'm hopeful maybe next week I'll get the text from the other guys testimony if not I'll go to the office and see what I can do.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
slim147:

Will I need passport photograph? If yes, how many?

I remember stapling two photographs to the document but just go with 4 in case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Just FYI.

I’m at the Ibadan office and the allegation is that they are producing July passports now.

I used to think the passports were done at Lagos or Abuja and then shipped down to the various issuing centers around Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by EgunMogaji2: 3:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

I used to think the passports were done at Lagos or Abuja and then shipped down to the various issuing centers around Nigeria.

No idea really. I’m just parroting what the good officers were telling people.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

No idea really. I’m just parroting what the good officers were telling people.

Thanks for the info
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Coolcube: 4:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Just FYI.

Ibadan office is full of corruption. My daughter capture on July 7 and has gotten her passport, issue date is first week in October. My wife's captured late August and till now the story is that they are stuck on July.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Fiestafetta: 4:50pm On Nov 12, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Just FYI.

When do they said they will round up with July application

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by EgunMogaji2: 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2021
Fiestafetta:

When do they said they will round up with July application

I have an August 3rd date and I was asked to come back on Wednesday.

This delay has cost me at least N2.2M.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AdeGbuyi20(m): 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2021
Picked up my passport at Nis alausa on Wednesday.
32 pages fresh. The collection date was Monday.
My observation, DIY!
Go with original and complete documents.
Hey there early to submit your application.
You can come for capture after a week I guess when you receive a message.
You can wear any cloth except white.
Check your documents well while capturing for any mistake.
Most officers won’t help you or answer your questions well because you are DIY.
Officer Charles is a nice man and very diligent. Infact most of them are diligent but Charles especially.
If you are DIY don’t let anyone just go inside and ask directive if you do not have yet. Don’t go with any fake documents or else you will be stressed.
Pay online and do everything yourself.
I paid just 26k and got it after 6 weeks.
For collecting too good early and drop your slip in the box and wait till you hear your name.
Hope this helps anyone

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by PreciousRuby(f): 10:32pm On Nov 12, 2021
Congratulations!!

Please when did you do your capturing?

I visited the Alausa office to check if mine was ready. I ended up leaving there at about 6:30pm without my printout which was dropped in the collection box because they couldn't find it. I was simply asked to come back again and write my name on a sheet of paper.

Has anyone experienced this?

AdeGbuyi20:
Picked up my passport at Nis alausa on Wednesday.
32 pages fresh. The collection date was Monday.
My observation, DIY!
Go with original and complete documents.
Hey there early to submit your application.
You can come for capture after a week I guess when you receive a message.
You can wear any cloth except white.
Check your documents well while capturing for any mistake.
Most officers won’t help you or answer your questions well because you are DIY.
Officer Charles is a nice man and very diligent. Infact most of them are diligent but Charles especially.
If you are DIY don’t let anyone just go inside and ask directive if you do not have yet. Don’t go with any fake documents or else you will be stressed.
Pay online and do everything yourself.
I paid just 26k and got it after 6 weeks.
For collecting too good early and drop your slip in the box and wait till you hear your name.
Hope this helps anyone
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Fiestafetta: 11:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I have an August 3rd date and I was asked to come back on Wednesday.

This delay has cost me at least N2.2M.

Please kindly update the thread, though I was told the August will start next week if they are able to finished July but just that I don't trust them a bit...... Those people are crooks and unpatriotic

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by MrPresent(m): 12:06am On Nov 13, 2021
I want to do my International Passport so I can start processing Admission to UK or USA but I can't do it at the moment. Why?
Well, I did Modification Of Name on my NIN on the 28th of October. They gave me a tracking ID.

I have been going to the local Govt I did it in "Ayobo-Ipaja Local Govt, Lagos" and they keep telling me the Server at Abuja is down.

I was even there this afternoon, still the same story. The way the staff are behaving to people is even annoying. They will be telling you and be smiling as if there is more to it.

But the funny thing is, they were still registering people for NIN at the office.

My question now is...

Is it not the same server they are using for Registeration that they are using for Checking/Tracking/Printing of NIN Slip or it is a different Server.

Right now, this has limited me becos I want to do my first International passport so I can start applying for admission abroad.

Right now, I can't do any.

I'm just tired and exhausted.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AdeGbuyi20(m): 3:35am On Nov 13, 2021
Yes I captured exactly 6 weeks ago from this week that should be September.
You can write your name on paper I think I saw some people do that and they got their passport that day.
In case yoI sense any foul play or delay ask for Charles and explain to him.
Them go find am out.
PreciousRuby:
Congratulations!!

Please when did you do your capturing?

I visited the Alausa office to check if mine was ready. I ended up leaving there at about 6:30pm without my printout which was dropped in the collection box because they couldn't find it. I was simply asked to come back again and write my name on a sheet of paper.

Has anyone experienced this?

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oluwapomile1: 5:43am On Nov 13, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Thanks for this reply I was warned to avoid doing it in PH but I get coconut head I no dey hear word.
When I went there the crowd at the PH office was something else but somehow somehow I conquered thinking I was sharp now see me lol.
All the same I have learnt my lesson next time I will do it in Bayelsa or some other state around. I'm hopeful maybe next week I'll get the text from the other guys testimony if not I'll go to the office and see what I can do.

The person who convinced me to go DIY route got his in 3 weeks. He did in August this year. And yes it's in PH. DIY.

Don't be surprised your passport is ready for collection. Write mail or something. Those people at PH office are something else!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (831) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.