Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1436574 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 20, 2021
ookins:
I tried checking my passport application status on NIS but am getting "application not found" as response. Please what could be the problem.?
I captured on the 7th of December
me too pls what could be wrong
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Theyolu: 6:46pm On Dec 20, 2021
Damatik:

Please kindly help a sister. My kids captured since first week of October at same alause, still saying not ready. How did you get yours?

Thanks is advance.
I didn't do anything. The collection date on my collection slip stated Friday 17th December as collection date. But I went Saturday 18th December.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by PedigreeCity: 7:30pm On Dec 20, 2021
Vanguard News Nigeria

Don’t patronise touts for passport application ― Minister

December 20, 2021

Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola
The Minister of Interior, Mr Rauf Aregbesola, has advised Nigerians against patronising touts and unscrupulous officials when applying for passports.

Aregbesola gave the advice in Ibadan on Monday, during the rollout of the enhanced e-passport and inauguration of Ibadan passport production Centre.

He said that patronising touts and unscrupulous passport officials did not always end well but rather defeated the purpose of eliminating corruption and infusing integrity to the passport administration process.

The minister said that the ministry observed with regret that applicants still patronised touts and unscrupulous officials to beat the system and get expedited services.

He said that the payment for Nigerian passports had been digitalised.

“When they are disappointed, they come to report to us. Of course, we have zero tolerance for corruption and subversion of due process.

“We take seriously any such report and invoke the necessary disciplinary measures.

“I will implore applicants to stop patronising touts and our officials directly. Follow the process we put in place; apply for passports and pay online.

“The only engagement with our staff is the enrolment of your biometrics,” he said.

Aregbesola said that the timeline for the process of passport application for fresh applicant was six weeks maximum and three weeks maximum for renewal.

“We work within this schedule to enable us investigate any claims made by applicants and verify them for the final document.

“If there are challenges, eventually you will get your passport before your due date of travel, if you apply early enough.

“Nowhere in the world is passport administration done on wait-and-get basis except in extreme emergencies. The only wait-and-get passport is passport photograph,” he said.

The minister noted that the new enhanced e-passport being rolled out was an improved document with high security features.

“It is the latest technology in passport making anywhere in the world and only few countries have it.

“It is the most secure identity document ever produced. We are proud to make it available to Nigerians,” Aregbesola said.

The Acting Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Immigration Service, Mr Isah Jere, said the enhanced e-passport had two categories of 32 pages with five years validity and 64 pages with 10 years validity.

Also speaking, Gov. Seyi Makinde of Oyo State lauded the efforts of the Nigeria Immigration Service and pledged the cooperation of his administration to the service.

He was represented by his Chief of Staff, Mr Segun Ogunwuyi.

In attendance were the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III; Olubadan of Ibadan represented by Ekefa Balogun, Chief Sarafadeen Ali and heads of all paramilitary services in the state, amongst others.

(NAN)

Vanguard News Nigeria

RELATED NEWS

FG inaugurates enhanced e-passport in UK

Nigerian Passport
November 24, 2021
In "News"
Secure Nigeria’s borders, ensure passport reforms — Aregbesola tasks acting NIS CG

Disclaimer

EPAPER
Vanguard Newspaper 20 December 2021
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by daisydamsy: 8:20pm On Dec 20, 2021
I finally got my passport today. Ikoyi office. Whew! Just in time.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Vicktorhmustjap: 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2021
Peaceomon:
not DIY ...it’s the 32 PAGES
please help with your contact info I did mine in benin since sept 8 no response.. Mine was diy. My wife and children wants to do let me use him to do their... I have sent you a pm please respond
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IntrovertGuy: 10:35pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I currently have a passport that's going to expire October 11, 2022.

I'm already thinking of renewal now. Is it too early?

Besides I'm going for the 64 Pages, 10 years validity.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by suco01(m): 10:36pm On Dec 20, 2021
IntrovertGuy:
Hello Everyone,

I think it's 6months to expiry you can do that
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 10:38pm On Dec 20, 2021
IntrovertGuy:
Hello Everyone,

The earliest you can apply for a renewal is April 2022.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ayofag(m): 11:44pm On Dec 20, 2021
Any news my ilorin pple? No booklet since mid August
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Peaceomon: 11:57pm On Dec 20, 2021
Brightfab:

How much did you pay cos someone is telling me to pay 60k?
I paid 40k
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IntrovertGuy: 5:54am On Dec 21, 2021
suco01:

aieromon:

The earliest you can apply for a renewal is April 2022.

Thank You

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 21, 2021
francisgodstime:
what should i do ? i applied for my passport on 13th today i just checked my application status and is showing me application not found
Someone should pls answer me na
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kennybuluro(m): 7:55am On Dec 21, 2021
Please who is going or his in Abeokuta immigration office?

I wouldn't mind if you can help me check for the status of my passport.
Initially I was getting application vetted on my Portal, but now am getting application expired.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by odutolasodiq(m): 12:36pm On Dec 21, 2021
Theyolu:

I collected my passport at Alausa today. 32pages/5years. I captured October 20. So irrespective of them crying no booklet, I still got it. It is strictly DIY

Confirmed

I got mine yesterday 20th of December, 2021 less than 4 weeks after biometric capture, 16th November, 2021. Strictly DIY!

My Advice
Stop patronizing touts to expedite the process of passport application. Start your application on time either fresh or renewal. Most of the information posted on this thread about non availability of booklet is false, especially at Alausa NIS office. The officers will approach you with offer to help, but do not patronize them. Stop indulging them. Stand your ground!

Nigeria shall be great again!

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by homebase(m): 12:48pm On Dec 21, 2021
By numerous observations from this thread "expired" means your passport is ready for pick up.

kennybuluro:
Please who is going or his in Abeokuta immigration office?

I wouldn't mind if you can help me check for the status of my passport.
Initially I was getting application vetted on my Portal, but now am getting application expired.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by homebase(m): 12:52pm On Dec 21, 2021
Congrats!

I also captured on 19th November at Alausa.

64 pages with 10 years duration.

Is yours a renewal or fresh application and how many page?

Also did you receive SMS for pick up?

odutolasodiq:

Confirmed

I got mine yesterday 20th of December, 2021 less than 4 weeks after biometric capture, 16th November, 2021. Strictly DIY!

My Advice
Stop patronizing touts to expedite the process of passport application. Start your application on time either fresh or renewal. Most of the information posted on this thread about non availability of booklet is false, especially at Alausa NIS office. The officers will approach you with offer to help, but do not patronize them. Stop indulging them. Stand your ground!

Nigeria shall be great again!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Silverb(f): 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2021
Just picked up my passport at the Warri Office.
I did capture in September, Paid 40k yesterday to get my booklet today.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by superNOVAe(m): 1:04pm On Dec 21, 2021
My capture at the Warri immigration office was in October, i get mine soon.
Silverb:
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2021
I just picked up my passport at the Ikoyi Office.
I did capturing on 22nd of November and the passport was ready five days after (Nov. 27) as stated in the passport.

The advice is If you need your passport urgently, stay away from DIY.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by odutolasodiq(m): 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2021
homebase:
Congrats!

I also captured on 19th November at Alausa.

64 pages with 10 years duration.

Is yours a renewal or fresh application and how many page?

Also did you receive SMS for pick up?

Fresh, 32 pages and 5 years validity.

Yes, I recieved SMS to come for collection.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by iamL(f): 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2021
Silverb:

Warri and Asaba are among the most corrupt immigration offices in Nigeria. They are totally racketeers. Don't even try DIY with them.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by prettyamebo: 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2021
suco01:

Mine expired April this year. Can I still go for renewal?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by suco01(m): 6:27pm On Dec 21, 2021
prettyamebo:

Mine expired April this year. Can I still go for renewal?

Yes

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Specyano(m): 1:07am On Dec 22, 2021
odutolasodiq:

Fresh, 32 pages and 5 years validity.

Yes, I recieved SMS to come for collection.

Won't I try my luck like this, I captured 17th Nov. buh yet to get collection msg, though didn't get any 4 capturing either then, not even mail sef
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kennybuluro(m): 5:44am On Dec 22, 2021
So I sent someone to help check for my passport status at the immigration office at Abeokuta yesterday.
As usual they asked her the most commonest question you hear in the immigration office. Which officer is helping you?
She called me and asked me the same question. I told her tell them I did it myself. The officer asked for my enrollment number, he checked on his computer, and told her my passport is not yet available.
I said no wahala kindly help me to ask the officer why the status of my passport changed from vetted to expired? The officer said my passport is not available.
He then told her to call me , so he can talk to me, he said why didn’t I fast track my passport so I can get it on time. I asked him how much for fast tracking he told me 15k. I then asked him when am I getting it ?
He responded next week Tuesday.
Naija which way, passport that I applied for since September.
If there are no booklets like they claim, then where are they getting the ones they use for express or fast tracking?

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ednut91(m): 7:13am On Dec 22, 2021
iamL:

Warri and Asaba are among the most corrupt immigration offices in Nigeria. They are totally racketeers. Don't even try DIY with them.

Hello IamL, how far with your passport application in Asaba passport, have you gotten your passport? I plan to apply in Asaba next month and I need it as soon as I can
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sotall(m): 7:49am On Dec 22, 2021
kennybuluro:
So I sent someone to help check for my passport status at the immigration office at Abeokuta yesterday.
As usual they asked her the most commonest question you hear in the immigration office. Which officer is helping you?
She called me and asked me the same question. I told her tell them I did it myself. The officer asked for my enrollment number, he checked on his computer, and told her my passport is not yet available.
I said no wahala kindly help me to ask the officer why the status of my passport changed from vetted to expired? The officer said my passport is not available.
He then told her to call me , so he can talk to me, he said why didn’t I fast track my passport so I can get it on time. I asked him how much for fast tracking he told me 15k. I then asked him when am I getting it ?
He responded next week Tuesday.
Naija which way, passport that I applied for since September.
If there are no booklets like they claim, then where are they getting the ones they use for express or fast tracking?

Your passport is ready for collection. Someone is just trying to swindle you.

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kennybuluro(m): 8:02am On Dec 22, 2021
sotall:

Your passport is ready for collection. Someone is just trying to swindle you.

Thanks for the heads up sir. I will go to their office on Thursday.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Rhuntee: 10:32am On Dec 22, 2021
Good morning, pls I am trying to apply for passport online for my 2 year old niece and the fees is 25000 which is different from 10000 plus I paid in July.pls has the price changed or am I doing something wrong

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.