Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1451630 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (831) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pufframmy: 11:09am On Apr 25, 2022
Are you serious dey don't. Ause I saw someone were posted about it well. Am going for capturing tomorrow for my kid will get back here as e go, me I have already get guarantor sign by court cause I don't want them to send me back at all
giselle237:
children do not need guarantors, they need the data page of international passport and nin of one or both parents.
Husband can be wife’s guarantor.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 11:59am On Apr 25, 2022
pufframmy:
Are you serious dey don't. Ause I saw someone were posted about it well. Am going for capturing tomorrow for my kid will get back here as e go, me I have already get guarantor sign by court cause I don't want them to send me back at all
Helped a friend do some applications for kids in 2021, enhanced e passport- fresh passport, nothing like guarantor’s form for them.
Take this information as applicable to Lagos, Abuja, Ogun, Rivers and Enugu.
They asked for consent letter from parents, 2 separate handwritten letters, nin of the child, passport photograph of the child, application form of the child, receipt and acknowledgmnt slip of child, Data page of intl passport of parent and Nin.. used 2 data pages of parents and nin of one parent plus driver’s licence of the second parent.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by coolangel54(f): 1:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
Thanks but school resumes in October that's why I wanted it DIY way to avoid immigration people sucking me dry financially.
giselle237:
wait so you dnt get into unecessary difficulties with NIS.. start the renewal process in July. Or pay now but do not select appointment dates before July 2022
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by coolangel54(f): 1:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Thanks so much.
giselle237:
children do not need guarantors, they need the data page of international passport and nin of one or both parents.
Husband can be wife’s guarantor.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by coolangel54(f): 1:07pm On Apr 25, 2022
Canada Sir/Ma. I was told the longer the duration of the passport, the longer stay one will get.
giselle237:
6 months to expiry is the least stressful one and is what is nationally accepted
and if it is study permit for UK do not bother, validity till jan 2023 is accepted for study permit
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Themmiee21: 1:09pm On Apr 25, 2022
@ PUFFRAMMY,

PLS IS IT TRUE PARENT'S DATA PAGE IS COMPULSORY FOR CHILDREN CAPTURING?

NONE OF THE PARENT HAVE INT PASSPORT, I (THE MOTHER) AM SCHEDULED FOR 10TH MAY WITH THEM.

ANYBODY KNOWS WHAT COULD BE DONE PLS, NIGERIA WITH ITS EVERYDAY WAHALA- I V NEVER SEEN THIS IN THE REQUIREMENT FOR CHILDREN...SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW.

pufframmy:
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Themmiee21: 1:15pm On Apr 25, 2022
@ gisselle,

U mean hand written letter from both parents even when of them probably the mother will be present?

None of us (parent) have an Int passport, infact i am booked for fresh capturing with them. What do u think is the way fwd pls?

@ All experienced in capturing for kids, your kind inputs will be of great help here please.

thank you.

giselle237:

Did some applications for kids in 2021, enhanced e passport- fresh passport, nothing like guarantor’s form for them.
They asked for consent letter from parents, 2 separate handwritten letters, nin of the child, passport photograph of the child, application form of the child, receipt and acknowledgmnt slip of child, Data page of intl passport of parent and Nin.. used 2 data pages of parents and nin of one parent plus driver’s licence of the second parent.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pufframmy: 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2022
OK can u tell me what is in the seperate handwritten letters cause i only wrote on for her (as applying for a Passport Writen unbehalf of her )
please enlight tomorrow is her capture date
giselle237:

Did some applications for kids in 2021, enhanced e passport- fresh passport, nothing like guarantor’s form for them.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pufframmy: 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2022
from the experience here it true one of the parent must have,
Themmiee21:
@ PUFFRAMMY,

PLS IS IT TRUE PARENT'S DATA PAGE IS COMPULSORY FOR CHILDREN CAPTURING?

NONE OF THE PARENT HAVE INT PASSPORT, I (THE MOTHER) AM SCHEDULED FOR 10TH MAY WITH THEM.

ANYBODY KNOWS WHAT COULD BE DONE PLS, NIGERIA WITH ITS EVERYDAY WAHALA- I V NEVER SEEN THIS IN THE REQUIREMENT FOR CHILDREN...SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2022
Themmiee21:
@ gisselle,

U mean hand written letter from both parents even when of them probably the mother will be present?
None of us (parent) have an Int passport, infact i am booked for fresh capturing with them. What do u think is the way fwd pls?
@ All experienced in capturing for kids, your kind inputs will be of great help here please.thank you.
since u are booked for capturing, your form details will serve.. don’t panic.
Someone said they used his own application details for his child as they were capturing same day.
hope you people the parents have NIN and/or driver’s licence?
Both parents must hand write letter.. 2 different letters and sign
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 5:20pm On Apr 25, 2022
pufframmy:
OK can u tell me what is in the seperate handwritten letters cause i only wrote on for her (as applying for a Passport Writen unbehalf of her )
please enlight tomorrow is her capture date
Letter of consent for your child to obtain nigerian intl passport, signed by father and signed by mother. 2 separate letters, not 1
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pufframmy: 5:35pm On Apr 25, 2022
wow i thought it only for father
giselle237:

Letter of consent for your child to obtain nigerian intl passport, signed by father and signed by mother. 2 separate letters, not 1
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pufframmy: 5:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
so it hand written not typing cause the one i have with me i type and print it out

maybe i should carry plan A4 paper incase

giselle237:

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 7:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
pufframmy:
so it hand written not typing cause the one i have with me i type and print it out.maybe i should carry plan A4 paper incase
write it out on paper, they do not take typed consent letter. Mother must also write and sign otherwise prepare not to be allowed to begin the process or to experience unecessary delays
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pufframmy: 8:45pm On Apr 25, 2022
ok thanks am ready for them lol cause both of us are going together and will do the typing now

giselle237:
write it out on paper, they do not take typed consent letter. Mother must also write and sign otherwise prepare not to be allowed to begin the process or to experience unecessary delays
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 9:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
pufframmy:
ok thanks am ready for them lol cause both of us are going together and will do the typing now
handwriting ooo.. do not type.. write with pen..
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 9:43pm On Apr 25, 2022
coolangel54:
As regards change of name on NIN, after payment and printing of slip, can I proceed to any of their branches as stated on the website or it has to be changed at the office in Immigration? I presently live in Ughelli, Delta State with no immigration office but from what I saw on NIMC website, their office is at the Local government secretariat.
nimc office will attend to changes on NIN, locate one close to you

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by hardiodun(f): 12:05am On Apr 26, 2022
No I wasn't. Never got a single SMS from the day I started the process till I picked up the passport.
ttummee:

“Were you notified through SMS that the passport was ready for collection”
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by justinaa2012: 8:27am On Apr 26, 2022
giselle237:
handwriting ooo.. do not type.. write with pen..
What if one of the parents is not around?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by LagosismyHome(f): 8:31am On Apr 26, 2022
Does anyone know the process if it yenagoa bayelsa. Do you just turn up to the immigration office and submit the form
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by justinaa2012: 8:46am On Apr 26, 2022
Please fam, how do I verify my NIN ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 8:52am On Apr 26, 2022
justinaa2012:
What if one of the parents is not around?
you have to prove to the NIS officials you are not trying to run away with the children without one parent’s knowledge.
The stressless method, just send absent parent’s documents- nothing missing and anyone can write the letter on behalf of the father and when they reach there, dnt go and say the one you are not asked.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Blackshaid: 11:42am On Apr 26, 2022
Good morning all
Please I need your urgent response. Please I want to get a passport but I will like the 10years validity one please is there anybody that has done theirs ? Where did they get it done? And does it take a longer process than the 5years own. I’m currently at the immigration office in delta state And I’m being told it’s only Abuja I can get it done. Please how true is this?

Please your urgent responses will be appreciated
Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Themmiee21: 11:56am On Apr 26, 2022
@gisselle,

Thank you for this response..

I pray we find the Almighty's favour so that same process can be applied to us.

Yes both parents have NIN and father has driver license. We will write the letters.

Thank you so much, I appreciate your response.

giselle237:
since u are booked for capturing, your form details will serve.. don’t panic.
Someone said they used his own application details for his child as they were capturing same day.
hope you people the parents have NIN and/or driver’s licence?
Both parents must hand write letter.. 2 different letters and sign
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by haylegbede1(m): 12:23pm On Apr 26, 2022
Hello everyone,

I've gone through a good number of pages here and i find that in terms of processing speed in Lagos, it seems Festac and Alausa a little bit faster than ikoyi. Please correct me if im wrong.

I would like to renew my passport in the shortest time possible (max one month), from what i've read so far it seems DIY could take a little bit more than a more or less if lucky and in a way im willing to just try it and save cost on doing express but i am not sure whether to go to the Alausa or Festac center.

Can anyone please advise on this, especially if you just did a passport recently (whether DIY or not), I would really appreciate.

Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 12:25pm On Apr 26, 2022
Blackshaid:
Please I want to get a passport but I will like the 10years validity one please is there anybody that has done theirs ? Where did they get it done? And does it take a longer process than the 5years own. I’m currently at the immigration office in delta state And I’m being told it’s only Abuja I can get it done. Please how true is this?
all states that issue enhanced e passport can issue 10 years(rivers, abuja, lagos, ogun and enugu) , when paying make sure to choose 64 pages first, if not the option for 10 years will not be visible

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Blackshaid: 12:43pm On Apr 26, 2022
giselle237:

all states that issue enhanced e passport can issue 10 years(rivers, abuja, lagos, ogun and enugu) , when paying make sure to choose 64 pages first, if not the option for 10 years will not be visible

Thank you so much
I’m grateful
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Blackshaid: 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
giselle237:

Thank you so much I’m grateful
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jomdavid: 1:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
From the requirements I saw at Alausa center, you can use your payment receipt and application form if your passport isn't ready. This is compulsory for the mother but the father's NIN can be used in place of the passport.
Themmiee21:
@gisselle,

Thank you for this response..

I pray we find the Almighty's favour so that same process can be applied to us.

Yes both parents have NIN and father has driver license. We will write the letters.

Thank you so much, I appreciate your response.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pufframmy: 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
Yes thst right still currently here Delay tactics cause of DIY

Jomdavid:
From the requirements I saw at Alausa center, you can use your payment receipt and application form if your passport isn't ready. This is compulsory for the mother but the father's NIN can be used in place of the passport.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bamangar: 3:17pm On Apr 26, 2022
Is it possible to process your Passport in Gwagwalada, Abuja without bribing? I doubt. A whole Abuja. Its very sad what is going on in that immigration passport issuance office.

Is there anyone here who captured between 25th -28th February, 2022 who has received their Passport?

I am doing a renewal- I did capturing on February 28, i wanted to DIY but i was squeezed to give them money. I had to give them, last month i called the officer i paid to know if the passport is out and he said they were out of booklets.

Today, April 26th, i called the guy again and the story he was giving me was sounding like a bass to my ears, leaving me a bitter taste in my mouth. He started by telling me that he doesn't know how to explain it to me, ehhmmmmmm, that they have backlogs which they are working on and mine is not ready. And he also said that i can hasten the process if i am going to school abroad and needed the passport urgently, i can come to their office in gwagwalada with my admission letter and school fees so they can try and work on it. I told him i have heard.

As i was dropping the call, something in me told me my passport is ready but he was just trying to extort me. Renewal is supposed to be 4 weeks... 6 weeks maximum.

I plan on going there next week but i want to be sure my passport is ready. I have come to realize that if you don't have any officer in gwagwalada, NIS working on your passport, you can't capture nor even collect your booklet. I don't want to waste the small school money i have saved on bribing more people.

I also want to bombard their twitter page with messages and even emails to be sure if my passport is ready before going there. I want to start applying for schools.

I need suggestion Please
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by verocharles(m): 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2022
If you are DIY crew, go through SERVICOM. They will assist you to arrange your files and also submit it for you by themselves. After capturing still take the file back to SERVICOM to help complete the process.

pufframmy:
Yes thst right still currently here Delay tactics cause of DIY

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (831) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.