Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1451707 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (831) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 9:14pm On Apr 22, 2022
coolangel54:
Good afternoon all, just found this page.
I want to renew my international passport as it will expire soon (was advised to renew it so I can get a longer period for my study permit visa).
I reside in Delta State and the last passport I did was done at Asaba immigration office. I intend renewing it myself via the the immigration website though. What documents should I prepare (I don't have NIN slip but I have my NIN and a national id card though expired). My NIN is in my maiden name but my first international passport is in my marital name.

Please, advise me on what route to take? Do it yourself or via the website especially for those resident in Delta. NB: just checked Immigration website now for requirements for unexpired validity (my old passport will expire January 9,2023) and I saw that I need to provide proof of maiden name (how do I get this?), and since validity is more than six months, I should state reasons why I need a new one (please, I need help here too).

While for change of name on my NIN so it tallies with name already on my passport, one of the requirements is that I provide the NIN slip. I can't find this again but I have my e-id card with me (the original national id card).
stop confusing urself.
If you already have a passport in your marital name, noone willa sk you yo go and bring any proof of maiden name. U need to update ur NIN names to your marital name, just as it appears in your passport that is about to expire. Check few pages back to see how to do data modification for name or google, it is 500 naira on NIMC website.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 9:16pm On Apr 22, 2022
opezi:
Good evening, I also plan on renewing my passport (lost).
Can you advice me on every document needed to get ready because i plan to DIY it (I have already registered and scheduled my appointment date).
Every other advice will be appreciated
check the Nigerian immigration portal, every single point and document you need is outlined there. See it for yourself so that you do not get confused
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 9:18pm On Apr 22, 2022
AgentXxx:
Good day everyone,please I need answers to the question below..
For a woman who got her passport before marriage thereby having her father’s name on it but right now she is married even though she did a court affidavit and news paper publishing bearing her father’s name with her husband name included.. Now the question... is it compulsory for her to renew passport to change to her new name which has additional name of her husband or the affidavit and marriage is enough to cover her for travelling with her husband as a dependent?... Thanks in advance
marriage certificate and affidavit is find. Not compulsory to bear your husband’s name

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 9:20pm On Apr 22, 2022
ShallyK:
Please I need help, my passport renewal is hanging because NIM did not drop. What does this means and how can I resolve it.
I reached out to NIMN on twitter and they keep saying they have forwarded to the department in charge.
Any faster way to resolve this?
NB: I already captured.
Alausa Lagos Office
read about 10 pages back, find pufframmy’s long post on this NIN problm solving.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by opezi: 10:50pm On Apr 22, 2022
yes I have seen a list of documents there but I will like to know if there are any other documents that will be needed because of how these officials like to waste DIY peoples time.. e.g in the list of documents I saw, there was no NIN nut as I have been following this thread, Ive seen that NIN is very important .

giselle237:
check the Nigerian immigration portal, every single point and document you need is outlined there. See it for yourself so that you do not get confused
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AgentXxx(m): 4:39am On Apr 23, 2022
Tga
giselle237:
marriage certificate and affidavit is find. Not compulsory to bear your husband’s name
God bless you... thanks for the response
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 12:36pm On Apr 23, 2022
opezi:
yes I have seen a list of documents there but I will like to know if there are any other documents that will be needed because of how these officials like to waste DIY peoples time.. e.g in the list of documents I saw, there was no NIN nut as I have been following this thread, Ive seen that NIN is very important .
NIN is most important if application is in rivers, abuja, ogun, enugu and lagos.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by coolangel54(f): 2:30pm On Apr 23, 2022
Thanks for this. So after payment online, all other processes are done in NIMC physical office right in one place of domicile?
giselle237:
go to remita. Pay bills. Pay to National identity MC. amount is 500 plus bank charges of about 150 naira. Subject is data modification. Put the names u want on the new nin and pay. Print out invoice and take ur court affidavit, marriage certificate and newspaper change of name to NIN, fill the data modification form and proceed
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by coolangel54(f): 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2022
How true is this? I saw on NIS website that passport renewal is of two categories: expired and unexpired validity. For unexpired validity (passport with more than six months validity), you just need to state your reason for renewal.
Mine hasn't expired yet till January 9, 23 but I need to renew it to process study visa permit.
Solatium:

No,you won't be able to initiate renewal until it's around 3 months to it's expiry
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by coolangel54(f): 3:32pm On Apr 23, 2022
Can a husband stand as guarantor for the wife and possibly the children too?
adubam:

Get anyone with Intl passport to print it's front page and a passport photograph and a letter attesting you
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by coolangel54(f): 3:42pm On Apr 23, 2022
As regards change of name on NIN, after payment and printing of slip, can I proceed to any of their branches as stated on the website or it has to be changed at the office in Immigration? I presently live in Ughelli, Delta State with no immigration office but from what I saw on NIMC website, their office is at the Local government secretariat.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Wilson5183(m): 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2022
Am a Fresher, I want to start processing my international passport.
Please someone should explain the procedures to me and what are the necessary document I should have before going.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by adubam(m): 5:17pm On Apr 23, 2022
coolangel54:

Sure.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Solatium(m): 6:50pm On Apr 23, 2022
coolangel54:
How true is this? I saw on NIS website that passport renewal is of two categories: expired and unexpired validity. For unexpired validity (passport with more than six months validity), you just need to state your reason for renewal.
Mine hasn't expired yet till January 9, 23 but I need to renew it to process study visa permit.

If that is what you saw on their website it means the rules has evolved.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by coolangel54(f): 9:16pm On Apr 23, 2022
Thanks
adubam:

Sure.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by coolangel54(f): 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2022
For renewal of passport that hasn't expired yet, abeg what do I choose from these options?

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by incognitoo: 11:05pm On Apr 23, 2022

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by verocharles(m): 8:23am On Apr 24, 2022
EXPIRED

coolangel54:
For renewal of passport that hasn't expired yet, abeg what do I choose from these options?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Trenchkid005: 8:47am On Apr 24, 2022
Hello house. Please I have a question. There was an error on my NIN date of birth, is it going to affect my intl passport application? , because I intend to use my real date of birth on my passport application or is it just my name that will be needed from my NIN. Please I’d really appreciate your answers
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Teejay13(m): 11:02am On Apr 24, 2022
incognitoo:
Dear all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to change to a different processing state after booking an appointment. I filled Alausa in my application but I would like to move it to Osogbo as that would be easier for me. If anybody knows the process kindly let me know.

Thanks,
Don't think it is possible to switch location.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Teejay13(m): 11:07am On Apr 24, 2022
Trenchkid005:
Hello house. Please I have a question. There was an error on my NIN date of birth, is it going to affect my intl passport application? , because I intend to use my real date of birth on my passport application or is it just my name that will be needed from my NIN. Please I’d really appreciate your answers

If you intend to use the date of birth on your application, then you will need to do NIN modification for the date of birth on your NIN.
This can be done online or at the NIMC office.
I think the cost is about 15000 online
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ttummee: 12:30pm On Apr 24, 2022
hello house, i did DIY, and my date of collection on the slip after capturing says 2nd of April. I captured at ikeja. I was out of town so i couldn't collect it on the due date, can i go on any day to collect my passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Solatium(m): 12:50pm On Apr 24, 2022
ttummee:
hello house, i did DIY, and my date of collection on the slip after capturing says 2nd of April. I captured at ikeja. I was out of town so i couldn't collect it on the due date, can i go on any day to collect my passport?

Yes,you can even go on Weekends

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 10:45pm On Apr 24, 2022
coolangel54:
6 months to expiry is the least stressful one and is what is nationally accepted
and if it is study permit for UK do not bother, validity till jan 2023 is accepted for study permit
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 10:46pm On Apr 24, 2022
coolangel54:
Thanks for this. So after payment online, all other processes are done in NIMC physical office right in one place of domicile?
yes, go along with all supporting documents including previous NIN

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 10:46pm On Apr 24, 2022
coolangel54:
children do not need guarantors, they need the data page of international passport and nin of one or both parents.
Husband can be wife’s guarantor.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 10:48pm On Apr 24, 2022
Wilson5183:
Am a Fresher, I want to start processing my international passport.
Please someone should explain the procedures to me and what are the necessary document I should have before going.
go to the portal and read the information, it prevents confusion. When you are done, come and ask specific questions on things you are not clear on. Very helpful for you sir
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 10:49pm On Apr 24, 2022
coolangel54:
wait so you dnt get into unecessary difficulties with NIS.. start the renewal process in July. Or pay now but do not select appointment dates before July 2022

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 10:52pm On Apr 24, 2022
Trenchkid005:
if you are applying in Lag, Abuja, rivers, ogun or enugu where NIN presentation is compulsory then you must correct the Dob On your nin first.
It is 15,000 naira, pay online via remita.
Check NIMC website for the rest of documents to provide and steps to take.
If you will capture in these dates, dnt bother to fill out or pay for a passport without corrcting this.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Themmiee21: 11:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
Hi Giselle

What if none of the parents v Int passport before.

giselle237:
children do not need guarantors, they need the data page of international passport and nin of one or both parents.
Husband can be wife’s guarantor.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bfn1: 1:06am On Apr 25, 2022
verocharles:
Must one receive message that the passport is ready? Those of us that they wrote collection date in the enrolment slip, does it really work?
Don't bank on them:

1. You may or may not receive any message.

2. 'Collection Date' is also not reliably indicative that your passport is physically ready.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 8:43am On Apr 25, 2022
Themmiee21:

Hi Giselle
What if none of the parents v Int passport before.
it is needed now, start the process for the parent(s) now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (831) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.