Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1444520 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nettybrown(m): 10:50pm On Dec 14, 2022
Can someone please help me confirm which month they 're currently producing for NIS Ibadan ?

Please oooooo!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by protonz(m): 11:19pm On Dec 14, 2022
Jeremy123:
I went to osogbo today
Omo it was a total waste of money
I doubt if they are going to even produce DIY own talkless of sending a text message to come for collection.
So, my appointment was on the 9th of November, 2022.
I went to see if its ready and I was told by the collection woman (after telling her my enrollment ID) that it wasn't ready.
Now I would have left and gone home if not for what she said next.
She said its supposed to be ready by now nau that I should go and meet my processing officer.
In my mind, i was like which one is processing officer.
She directed me to servicom.
I went to meet servicom
It was later on I realised that processing officer refers to someone who's doing the whole process for me.
I only realised after the servicom lady asked me who did it for me, I told her online.
She then told me they are currently on August.

In my mind, I laughed reason being that I met someone who did capturing same day with me collecting his own passport today.
So I just want to know, is it that mine has been neglected or something cos I see no reason why mine would be delayed and someone who captured same day with me would be getting his today.

So I asked what can be done, she told me if I can pay 10k
I told her I can't afford it
Then I asked how long should I wait before I would get it. She said 4 months from now.

Seems DIY in osogbo is dead.
I don't even know what to do cos on the application, they said it was 6 weeks
Well narrated. The fact is that, passport collection in Osogbo takes 2wks, that's for those that have handlers. whereas online applicants can take forever. I only knew this when i went for capturing. The thing really pained me. I tried liasing with the officers to help facilitate early processing, but it was too late.

I captured early october. I guess my pp would be ready around feb/march
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Senaxx: 1:02am On Dec 15, 2022
I am a single parent as well. They tried it with me but i was ready for them. My affidavit was well detailed. I had researched online before going to swear it. Make sure it details the child's date of birth, full name, your own full name. It should also state that you're the sole parent and guardian of the child and that the father never married you or carried out any customary traditions on you and you have been solely responsible for the child's upkeep.
Also, try and go with original copies of school fees payment receipt of your child because I was asked for that when they could not get me with the affidavit. I had to ask a family member to send me pictures of the receipts and I printed it out there and handed it to them. They want proof that you've been soley responsible for the child's upkeep (that's if you have been). Make sure you take receipts going as far back as a year or 2 (to be on the safe side).
Also write a consent letter for your child (since the father cannot write one). You can check for the format online. It should include your full name, your child's full name and your passport number, passport data page & NIN. If your passport Is still in process, you can add just your NIN number & photocopy to the letter
Hope your child is answering your own surname because if he/she isn't, they will insist that you go bring the father no matter the Affidavit you swear

Glowprincess:

This is a follow up on my previous post. Made my way to Ikeja high court last week to get an "Affidavit for single parent" like these people asked me to. I went for capturing today, confident that I had all required documents. This woman at the servicom said "the Affidavit wasn't detailed enough". She proceeded to show me a sample on her phone (which I don't understand why they didn't do initially) and asked me to go and get another Affidavit. I was so mad. Did I trek to Ikeja high court or get the Affidavit for free? I couldn't react cos na dem get power. The Affidavit they need should be very detailed and give an account of your child's birth and many other stories till date. Lol. If I used an agent, I bet I wouldn't be experiencing this. An agent had earlier told me "I would suffer" as a DIY single parent. I thought she was only trying to cajole me into paying her. Now I fully understand what she meant. I will go and get the Affidavit they need. They'll probably request for my head after I provide that.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dammywapes(m): 8:35am On Dec 15, 2022
Nettybrown:
Can someone please help me confirm which month they 're currently producing for NOS Ibadan ?

Please oooooo!
I dey go there tomorrow but who to ask is the issue cos those officers no geh joy. I b diy…
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jeremy123(m): 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2022
Osogbo passport office are mad for DIY
Who knows how we can report them?

Also, while we are here
I want you all to know that if you're interested in getting victor ola book on Canada job Masterclass where he talked about How To get jobs in Canada.

You can read this thread https://www.nairaland.com/7473133/canada-sponsored-job-offer-victor

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by fadafaith: 3:49pm On Dec 15, 2022
@
Sikay19:
Thank you for your input. I will do this next week because this week will make it sixth week i have captured. Let me see how it goes on Friday before i make a move on Monday

Please do, don't forget to give us feed back.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by fadafaith: 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2022
But how long will it take them to do a renewal passport, my is up to two months now.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by CalebClinton: 5:00pm On Dec 15, 2022
3 months, which state?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jeremy123(m): 5:33pm On Dec 15, 2022
Should we start laying our osogbo complaints there

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by highchiefpee(m): 5:57pm On Dec 15, 2022
Good idea...osogbo immigration office can't continue with that nonsense segregation ,separating diy and fastracking wit red and blue marker on applicant files,without any check from immigration headquarters,we need to expose them
Jeremy123:
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sikay19(m): 7:25pm On Dec 15, 2022
Jeremy123:
I have done that severally and no response. Until we sponsor a campaign against them where it becomes a trending topic nothing will change.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nettybrown(m): 7:46pm On Dec 15, 2022
dammywapes:
I dey go there tomorrow but who to ask is the issue cos those officers no geh joy. I b diy…

Abeg bros, give me update when you get there, thanks!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sheunsheun(m): 8:19pm On Dec 15, 2022
Justbesure:

**My encounter today in Gwagwalada**

I am in Gwagwalada immigration office now to collect the passport I captured for, on the 20th of September. But what I am seeing here is beyond me, the officer they referred me to in S. A. to PCO office is showing me my file, that they pulled it out from production because I did not pay for settlement they called it compliance fee, that they are not going to do it.

It was a big drama today in their office, after I raised my voice that he remove my file because of bribe and no fault of mine and he didn't call to notify me of it since that day, to bring the so call compliance fee so that they can go ahead and produced the passport and he didn't even know if it was on health ground that I am doing the passport.

He asked that we should discuss and I told him that there is nothing I will discuss with him, that what I am there for is my passport, that he will explain later why he decided to remove my file from production when there was no issue with the file. At this point a lot of people both visitors and his fellow officers where all listening to the issue.
He decided to work away from the the office and asked my to leave, of which I told him I am going nowhere He came back about fifteen minutes later and called me and start by saying that he is going to produce the passport since it was on health ground that he is actually sorry for the whole thing, that he actually noticed the day I came for capturing I was not feeling well and that was why then he allowed me to captured, that it was a mixed up, and I will get the passport next week and he end up giving me his number. All this was because I raised my voice that he must explain why he removed my file from production.
NB, they are very fast in Gwagwalada office, they have finished up to September and they now producing October.
Wow, I captured a day earlier (19th) and passport was ready since 15th Nov. However, they insist i pay 8k for a certain “stamp” on the day. I was running very late for work so i succumbed. And was captured under 30min.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Idrismusty97(m): 9:20pm On Dec 15, 2022
Good day everyone, Please does Alausa passport office opens on Saturday? Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sakieja(f): 10:32pm On Dec 15, 2022
I concur, let's report them . wicked soul

Jeremy123:
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sakieja(f): 10:36pm On Dec 15, 2022
I concur this.let us report them.wicked soul people

Jeremy123:
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jeremy123(m): 10:54pm On Dec 15, 2022
sakieja:

Are you osogbo too?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by protonz(m): 11:14pm On Dec 15, 2022
sakieja:

We can start by forwarding our complaints to this emails

info@interior.gov.ng
info@immigration.gov.ng
info@servicom.gov.ng
info@interior.gov.ng

Twitter;
Tag @raufaregbesola @amoscondy @Agbaakin1992
@nigimmigration

At least let them be aware of what is happening at the Osogbo Office, even if they dont respond

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by KangaIye: 4:33am On Dec 16, 2022
Sikay19:

I have done that severally and no response. Until we sponsor a campaign against them where it becomes a trending topic nothing will change.

You send a DM

Message this sharonlisajames080 at gmail.com
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jeremy123(m): 6:49am On Dec 16, 2022
KangaIye:

You send a DM

Who's that and why should we message?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by KangaIye: 7:31am On Dec 16, 2022
Jeremy123:

Who's that and why should we message?

Sorry not you,vthe person I realized the person I quoted was trying to send a DM to this my account and I can't access the email that was why I drop that email for him to message me on.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sakieja(f): 7:50am On Dec 16, 2022
Yes

Jeremy123:

Are you osogbo too?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sikay19(m): 7:53am On Dec 16, 2022
Whoelse is experiencing this lately? I can’t access my tracking portal.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jeremy123(m): 8:18am On Dec 16, 2022
sakieja:
Yes

When did you capture?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sikay19(m): 8:22am On Dec 16, 2022
KangaIye:

You send a DM

Alright brother
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 8:49am On Dec 16, 2022
Sikay19:

If you try later in the day and get the same result, there is a high possibility your booklet is ready for collection.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sikay19(m): 9:01am On Dec 16, 2022
aieromon:

If you try later in the day and get the same result, there is a high possibility your booklet is ready for collection.
Thank you for this information but I have checked again. The production is still pending.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by SmooshCHN: 9:35am On Dec 16, 2022
I finally applied for my passport renewal thanks to everyone on this thread. I picked Ekiti and would go next week Thursday even though the earliest date for capturing is 19th Dec, 2022.

Apart from going with my documents, is there anything I need to know about that cente as I don't like surprises?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Iamyemmie: 9:45am On Dec 16, 2022
lilachiever:
Na me and Alausa today. See sea of people. Omooo
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kelmicheal: 10:35am On Dec 16, 2022
Sikay19:
Your PP is likely to be ready
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sikay19(m): 10:44am On Dec 16, 2022
kelmicheal:
Your PP is likely to be ready
My brother l don’t really get. It keeps fluctuating. Like it will display tracking stages and on another trial. It will bring this blank details.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by favoryt(f): 11:03am On Dec 16, 2022
Omo I'm just leaving Ikoyi office now. I wasn't able to capture today. I was told that my names are not arranged properly on my NIN. That I should go to NIN office to correct it.

Please who has had a similar experience, how did you go about it and how long did it take?

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.