Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (611) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1451308 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (831) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by joejacobs10(m): 11:43am On Dec 16, 2022
please who knows what month they are in at the PH office? i captured on the 1st of November
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Juoflife1(f): 1:14pm On Dec 16, 2022
I had this problem for my son. Middle name on NIN was first name on NIS. They asked me the correct arrangement, and I said NIN is correct. They told me to look for an officer like that, I found him and he took me to meet another officer in servicom. The man gave me his phone number and told me to call him at a certain time. I called and he said he has to send a mail to NIS Abuja for rearrangement. I was told to pay 5k for that. Then my boy captured a week later. I am diy but little mistakes like this is what they use to get money from diy people grin. I chose NIS to be correct because I didn't want them to send me to nimc. No nimc office close to me. Also, I felt that it will not be too stressful for them to do it in immigration office there.
favoryt:
Omo I'm just leaving Ikoyi office now. I wasn't able to capture today. I was told that my names are not arranged properly on my NIN. That I should go to NIN office to correct it.

Please who has had a similar experience, how did you go about it and how long did it take?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by femijay8271(m): 1:26pm On Dec 16, 2022
favoryt:
Omo I'm just leaving Ikoyi office now. I wasn't able to capture today. I was told that my names are not arranged properly on my NIN. That I should go to NIN office to correct it.

Please who has had a similar experience, how did you go about it and how long did it take?

The same thing happens to me yesterday but gimme ur line, let me explain it to u, i no sabi write long epistle
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kelmicheal: 1:33pm On Dec 16, 2022
Juoflife1:
I had this problem for my son. Middle name on NIN was first name on NIS. They asked me the correct arrangement, and I said NIN is correct. They told me to look for an officer like that, I found him and he took me to meet another officer in servicom. The man gave me his phone number and told me to call him at a certain time. I called and he said he has to send a mail to NIS Abuja for rearrangement. I was told to pay 5k for that. Then my boy captured a week later. I am diy but little mistakes like this is what they use to get money from diy people grin. I chose NIN to be correct because I didn't want them to send me to nimc. No nimc office close to me. Also, I felt that it will not be too stressful for them to do it in immigration office there.

Mistakes like this is why there Are against DIY applicants they will quried you "why did you do it yourself"

New applicants who wants to go DIY way needs to learn from other past applicants experiences to try possibly to avoid such mistakes during online registrations input exactly what's on NIN slip eg First name, middle name, last name and most importantly date of birth, month and year

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Iamyemmie: 1:55pm On Dec 16, 2022
went for capturing today at alausa
Omo people plenty o
Got there ,captured and left,I no get strength for DIY
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sikay19(m): 2:08pm On Dec 16, 2022
Iamyemmie:
went for capturing today at alausa
Omo people plenty o
Got there ,captured and left,I no get strength for DIY
grin grin grin
Don’t come back to this thread again angry

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Becoted001(m): 2:27pm On Dec 16, 2022
I went to NIS Ikoyi today and was told they are producing late-September applications.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by favoryt(f): 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2022
Juoflife1:
I had this problem for my son. Middle name on NIN was first name on NIS. They asked me the correct arrangement, and I said NIN is correct. They told me to look for an officer like that, I found him and he took me to meet another officer in servicom. The man gave me his phone number and told me to call him at a certain time. I called and he said he has to send a mail to NIS Abuja for rearrangement. I was told to pay 5k for that. Then my boy captured a week later. I am diy but little mistakes like this is what they use to get money from diy people grin. I chose NIN to be correct because I didn't want them to send me to nimc. No nimc office close to me. Also, I felt that it will not be too stressful for them to do it in immigration office there.

Oh wow! I met a random person outside who said he could do the correction for 5k, but he said it'll take 1 week. I wasn't sure I'd find him when I come back there next week, so I didn't do it with him. I guess I'd have to look for NIMC close to where I stay and go do the correction.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by favoryt(f): 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2022
femijay8271:

The same thing happens to me yesterday but gimme ur line, let me explain it to u, i no sabi write long epistle

How do I give you my contact? Alternatively, could you share yours so I can call you?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by femijay8271(m): 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2022
favoryt:

How do I give you my contact? Alternatively, could you share yours so I can call you?

Alright

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lilachiever(m): 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2022
Juoflife1:

You should have done NIMC correction. That rearrangement may affect his future docs unless you want him to continue using the names as currently arranged now
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Amope28: 3:26pm On Dec 16, 2022
Thank you for this information.
Becoted001:
I went to NIS Ikoyi today and was told they are producing late-September applications.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Justbesure: 4:14pm On Dec 16, 2022
kelmicheal:

Mistakes like this is why there Are against DIY applicants they will quried you "why did you do it yourself"

New applicants who wants to go DIY way needs to learn from other past applicants experiences to try possibly to avoid such mistakes during online registrations input exactly what's on NIN slip eg First name, middle name, last name and most importantly date of birth, month and year

And also Nim name correction is just #500 and affidavit to back it up
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by duncanmighty: 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2022
Good day house, seasons greetings to you all.
I like to seek your advice on these issue--- my cousin lost her passport about 2 years ago (though expired by now) and she needs to get a new passport unfortunately she doesn't have a copy of the lost passport or the passport details. How does she go about this please since she has no data or information whatsoever in regards the previous passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by president4life(m): 4:41pm On Dec 16, 2022
lilachiever:

You should have done NIMC correction. That rearrangement may affect his future docs unless you want him to continue using the names as currently arranged now

Good evening, please the name arrangement on son's passport is different from the nin slip.
The first name on the passport is the middle name on the nin slip and vice versa, I want to apply for renewal of his passport, should I use the name exactly as it is on the passport or the nin slip. Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sakieja(f): 5:02pm On Dec 16, 2022
17th of November

Jeremy123:

When did you capture?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by HRprof: 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2022
Update
DIY
Port Harcourt
Captured on 11th October
Issued on 13 December
Passport received today

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Salesbay: 5:08pm On Dec 16, 2022
HRprof:
Update
DIY
Port Harcourt
Captured on 11th October
Issued on 13 December
Passport received today
Port Harcourt too, I captured 11th November so by this calculation mine should be ready by 2nd week of January.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lilachiever(m): 5:33pm On Dec 16, 2022
president4life:

Good evening, please the name arrangement on son's passport is different from the nin slip.
The first name on the passport is the middle name on the nin slip and vice versa, I want to apply for renewal of his passport, should I use the name exactly as it is on the passport or the nin slip. Thanks

Since your son has a passport already and it's renewal you want to do, I'd advice you go to NIS office servicom to enquire.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by HRprof: 5:56pm On Dec 16, 2022
Salesbay:

Port Harcourt too, I captured 11th November so by this calculation mine should be ready by 2nd week of January.

Yes complete 2 months
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by HRprof: 6:05pm On Dec 16, 2022
president4life:

Since is renewal is going to be an issue. You have to go to NIN office to rearrange NIN name to match the passport.
ButIf you want his passport to be same on the NIN then you will need to do name rearrangement with immigration and follow due process, they might reefer you to NIS head office Abuja. Meanwhile still visit savicon in the immigration office to make enquiries
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Juoflife1(f): 8:29pm On Dec 16, 2022
The arrangement of name on the NIN is correct. It was rearranged(first & middle name) during pp registration. So I was asked the correct arrangement and I chose the NIN. The problem was with pp registration, not NIN. Now the passport will have the same name with his NIN.
lilachiever:

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Juoflife1(f): 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2022
If the name on your passport registration is the correct name arrangement on your documents, then you go to nimc and rearrange it on your NIN. But, If the name on your NIN is the correct name arrangement on your documents, then you have to change the name on your passport registration with NIS. That was what I did
favoryt:

Oh wow! I met a random person outside who said he could do the correction for 5k, but he said it'll take 1 week. I wasn't sure I'd find him when I come back there next week, so I didn't do it with him. I guess I'd have to look for NIMC close to where I stay and go do the correction.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lilachiever(m): 8:54pm On Dec 16, 2022
Juoflife1:
The arrangement of name on the NIN is correct. It was rearranged(first & middle name) during pp registration. So I was asked the correct arrangement and I chose the NIN. The problem was with pp registration, not NIN. Now the passport will have the same name with his NIN.

Perfect then

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jeremy123(m): 9:52pm On Dec 16, 2022
HRprof:
Update
DIY
Port Harcourt
Captured on 11th October
Issued on 13 December
Passport received today

Were you sent an sms or you checked the tracker online
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gbagura: 10:02pm On Dec 16, 2022
The only way to stop this passport racketeering is to centralize the production of passports and hire an independent contractor to do the printing. Capturing can also be outsourced to verified contractors just like NIMC cos there's absolutely nothing different between NIMC and passport data collation.

Meanwhile, who knows the month they are printing at th Abẹ́òkúta office.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by greenek: 10:42pm On Dec 16, 2022
Please someone help me o
Captured on nov25th or so.
It's still showing pending nin verification.

I've my validation page from nimc.

What can I do?

The lady helping me said that it's a general issue. Is this true?

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Justbesure: 10:42pm On Dec 16, 2022
HRprof:
Update
DIY
Port Harcourt
Captured on 11th October
Issued on 13 December
Passport received today
This is like miracle, even the so call Abuja have become exploitation center and no body is doing anything about it's either you pay or they remove your file. There's nothing like DIY over here in Gwagwalada
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nettybrown(m): 10:56pm On Dec 16, 2022
dammywapes:
I dey go there tomorrow but who to ask is the issue cos those officers no geh joy. I b diy…

Bro how far? Any news pls?
We're you able to go today?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nozino: 11:08pm On Dec 16, 2022
president4life:

Always use the information on the NIN. Then get a one and the same person affidavit
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nozino: 11:11pm On Dec 16, 2022
greenek:
Please someone help me o
Captured on nov25th or so.
It's still showing pending nin verification.

I've my validation page from nimc.

What can I do?

The lady helping me said that it's a general issue. Is this true?

Why are you asking us when you can ask the lady helping you?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nozino: 11:12pm On Dec 16, 2022
favoryt:

After everything we’ve said here, you still couldn’t take time out to arrange, verify and confirm your details? Na wa!

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (831) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.