Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1438968 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jeremy123(m): 4:54pm On Dec 10, 2022
Sikay19:

It is just five weeks from the day of my capturing. Next week will make it sixth week. Let’s see how it goes by then.

Give me update when you go back there
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jeremy123(m): 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2022
ekitimanalways:

This's not me being pessimistic or not being nice. My friend captured at Ikoyi centre in August 2022 but his passport eventually went into production in November 2022 despite him paying an agent to fast track it... He picked his passport up last week.
Have a fantastic weekend.

Hopefully osogbo is different
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 6:05pm On Dec 10, 2022
Jeremy123:

I truly hope so too.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by alakara(m): 7:50pm On Dec 10, 2022
Jeremy123:

For fast track, Osogbo is better.
If u don't O Y O.
I CAPTURED SINCE AUG 23RD, TILL NOW NO PASSPORT.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tizzie: 8:08pm On Dec 10, 2022
Good day everyone.

I finally received my passport on Friday. I did 100% DIY at Ikoyi passport office. The only 5k I paid was to collect fast on the day I went for pick up cos the crowd was so much!

I paid on the 7th of June this year and captured 22nd August. My passport was ready on 1st October but I picked up on 8th December.

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Noraht: 8:36pm On Dec 10, 2022
Collected my passport today at the Alausa Ikeja office (i actually did third party collection since i wasn't around and needed a picture of my bio data page).

Capture date: 11th of October
Date of production: 29th of November
strictly DIY

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kelmicheal: 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2022
I have collected my passport today
Captured on 17th October
Production December 5th
Strictly DIY

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nigerianmigrant: 10:37pm On Dec 10, 2022
kelmicheal:
I have collected my passport today
Captured on 17th October
Production December 5th
Strictly DIY
what NIS office please ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by raphroye: 10:38pm On Dec 10, 2022
Zankut:
Finally
When did you capture?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by somebody1: 1:28am On Dec 11, 2022
Jeremy123:

Captured November 8

I'm still at the passport production stage
I haven't received sms from them either

Same here
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kelmicheal: 7:18am On Dec 11, 2022
Nigerianmigrant:
what NIS office please ?

Festac

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by okooloyun1(m): 11:12am On Dec 11, 2022
Is there anyone that captured in September at NIS office in Ibadan that has collected his/her passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by hollaleye: 11:32am On Dec 11, 2022
I captured at Ibadan NIS office on the 26th of September 2022, yet to collect passport
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Foxie: 11:47am On Dec 11, 2022
Noraht:
Collected my passport today at the Alausa Ikeja office (i actually did third party collection since i wasn't around and needed a picture of my bio data page).

Capture date: 11th of October
Date of production: 29th of November
strictly DIY
Kindly put me through the third party collection. Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Murooj: 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2022
Hi I am Amadi, smiley

I am from Lagos, Staying in Muscat, Oman.

My Passport was going to expire in short period,
Is there any consulate / Passport renewal service available in Oman for Nigerian
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Murooj: 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2022
walexsho:
Good day everyone, my International passport expired last year. How do I renew it. Does the DIY work or I meet an Insider at Immigration office.

Hi I am Amadi,

I am from Lagos, Staying in Muscat, Oman.

My Passport was going to expire in short period,
Is there any consulate / Passport renewal service available in Oman for Nigerian
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jeremy123(m): 2:42pm On Dec 11, 2022
alakara:

For fast track, Osogbo is better.
If u don't O Y O.
I CAPTURED SINCE AUG 23RD, TILL NOW NO PASSPORT.

You don go there since then to ask what's up
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by alakara(m): 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2022
Jeremy123:

You don go there since then to ask what's up
Went there 2 weeks ago, it's AA.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Zankut: 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2022
raphroye:
When did you capture?
October
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Zankut: 5:12pm On Dec 11, 2022
Jeremy123:

Captured November 8

I'm still at the passport production stage
I haven't received sms from them either

Notifications aren't reliable, infact some centres don't notify you @all
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Zankut: 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2022
PrinceFola:
Good evening bro, please is this after your capturing everything change cos i track mine also and it is not bringing all these but I'm yet to do capturing

You need to do capturing first before you track

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by raphroye: 6:12pm On Dec 11, 2022
Zankut:

October
Did it show passport has been produced online before you went there?

1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by abbydulcet(f): 6:17pm On Dec 11, 2022
Here is my experience as a DIY applicant at Ibadan Office of NIS.

Good afternoon to you all. Its a lengthy one but if you take your time, you will find it worthy especially those that wants to do DIY.

I took my time to reactivate my nairaland accout, follow this thread information and learn from experiences
My appointment request date was in first week of October after making payments Online.
25k application fee + 1k Bank charge
For my Appointment day, all October and November has been taken. 8th and 9th of December was free. I opted for 9th Because appointment time on the 8th seems unrealistic.

While i wait for December to come to me� i was gathering all documents. I must say that GUARANTOR FORM was another headache because all the unnecessary information that i felt are not required for the application. I mean(why ask for my assets, banker's details, where and purpose of traveling). My colleague was a good brain and she assisted.
I rechecked and rechecked to confirm that my name are well spelt, date of birth correct. I incurred some cost during this period. (parents should let their children know the names on their important documents and so that they can continue with same format).

Before we continue again. Quick tips
*Have 26500 in a working account
*Apply onwww.passport.immigration.gov.ng and registered within 30mins.
*Pay immediately
*Book your appointment date (where you will be and availability of docs is important)
*when u pray, pray to meet a God fearing officer.
*make copies of Online applications form, Payment receipt documents. (5copies max.)
*Plain A4 paper (come with spare)
*stipend for other photocopy that will arise (#50 per copy) and snacks to pass time.

So i took an advise from one of the thread. Not to seat back till my appointment date. I choose to go to the venue on 8th of Dec. Instead of 9th Dec (my appointment date)
Early on the 8th of Dec. got to the office around 8am i saw crowd seated under the Pavillion close to the gate. Well i forgot that we are all for different reasons. There is a public address system used to address people seated and assuring us all that we will be attended to.
I sat for a while to spy on this thread again. I look around to see who cluld be kind enough to be used by God to help me�. I saw a man standing firmly, i met him, greeted him, then told him that i came for capturing, i applied online. Didnt wait for him to ask me who was assisting me.
He led me to the next office, gave him my docs. And he said why are you just coming you applied since Oct. I said my appointment wasnt due yet and the information stated that i should come to the center on my appointment date.

He passed my file to another to arrange. Am not sure what stage i was in. A thread mentioned that
Online application have several stages which includes:"
i. Documents arrangements
ii. Account checking
iii. Verification
iv. Interview
v. Capturing

I misplaced one of my passports ��. I had to snap another 8copies for 1k.
He finally collected and i was ask to sign i a register, then go back to the pavilion to wait.

I started waiting around 10am. Around 11:30am, i met some officers to ask when i will be called, because i was told to wait. I was told to keep waiting. Around 12pm, i met another officer whom i met in one ot the offices i entered, she came to call some names(brown files only) i explained that i have been waiting she said i should come on my appointment date directly to her office.

DAY 2
I resumed early today around 8:15am.
Sat waiting for their resumption.
The Public address system is out announcing the whole stages before capturing.
Special announcements :they are working on saturday(between 10-2pm)
Online payments(DIY) will be attended to too.
I met the officer who told me to come today, gave me my file, took it to Account and i was told to come in 30mins later.
After 30mins i went back to the office, i had to do small talk on Christmas gift.i collected my file again and took it to the verification office. To go wait under the shed (Pavillion).
I can't believe this is really happening, its past 2pm, i haven't been attended to. All officers i met during this process, i have asked what happened to my file. The guys who we went in for interview together have captured and left. The last officer i met said i should wait for God's time. �.
The bread and tea i ate for breakfast has been spent on anticipation to hear my name been called for capturing. �. But someone has mentioned earlier than DIY is not for the faint-hearted.
Around 4pm� after so many just go and wait, i was called�.

Tips for Capturing room
* No white tops or shirts
* No dropping earrings and Necklace
* Pack your Hair neatly.
Well, just few minute after the photograph, the generator went off (fuel exhausted for the day). All others well told to come on saturday. I submitted the slip i was given to make photocopy.

Will let you know when i go for collection but till then, you can do it yourself too. �

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jeremy123(m): 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2022
alakara:

Went there 2 weeks ago, it's AA.

What's is AA
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by solaiphones: 8:05pm On Dec 11, 2022
I paid someone for the passport processing since 27th November 2022 up till now the man haven’t contacted me
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by berbs: 9:26pm On Dec 11, 2022
aieromon:

Auto-generated by the platform.

Thank you very much.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Noraht: 9:58pm On Dec 11, 2022
Oh i paid someone 5k to collect it and give to my brother
Foxie:
Kindly put me through the third party collection. Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Noraht: 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2022
We keep telling you people there is nothing like fast track anymore.. these officials will just take your money and still do the normal process for you.. you will still wait as other DIY applicants are waiting for their capturing date as well as production date.. just do it yourself, else you will pay an agent alot of money and they will still do the normal thing for you
solaiphones:
I paid someone for the passport processing since 27th November 2022 up till now the man haven’t contacted me
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by azelab: 10:21pm On Dec 11, 2022
abbydulcet:

Here is my experience as a DIY applicant at Ibadan Office of NIS.

Good afternoon to you all. Its a lengthy one but if you take your time, you will find it worthy especially those that wants to do DIY.

I took my time to reactivate my nairaland accout, follow this thread information and learn from experiences
My appointment request date was in first week of October after making payments Online.
25k application fee + 1k Bank charge
For my Appointment day, all October and November has been taken. 8th and 9th of December was free. I opted for 9th Because appointment time on the 8th seems unrealistic.

While i wait for December to come to me� i was gathering all documents. I must say that GUARANTOR FORM was another headache because all the unnecessary information that i felt are not required for the application. I mean(why ask for my assets, banker's details, where and purpose of traveling). My colleague was a good brain and she assisted.
I rechecked and rechecked to confirm that my name are well spelt, date of birth correct. I incurred some cost during this period. (parents should let their children know the names on their important documents and so that they can continue with same format).

Before we continue again. Quick tips
*Have 26500 in a working account
*Apply onwww.passport.immigration.gov.ng and registered within 30mins.
*Pay immediately
*Book your appointment date (where you will be and availability of docs is important)
*when u pray, pray to meet a God fearing officer.
*make copies of Online applications form, Payment receipt documents. (5copies max.)
*Plain A4 paper (come with spare)
*stipend for other photocopy that will arise (#50 per copy) and snacks to pass time.

So i took an advise from one of the thread. Not to seat back till my appointment date. I choose to go to the venue on 8th of Dec. Instead of 9th Dec (my appointment date)
Early on the 8th of Dec. got to the office around 8am i saw crowd seated under the Pavillion close to the gate. Well i forgot that we are all for different reasons. There is a public address system used to address people seated and assuring us all that we will be attended to.
I sat for a while to spy on this thread again. I look around to see who cluld be kind enough to be used by God to help me�. I saw a man standing firmly, i met him, greeted him, then told him that i came for capturing, i applied online. Didnt wait for him to ask me who was assisting me.
He led me to the next office, gave him my docs. And he said why are you just coming you applied since Oct. I said my appointment wasnt due yet and the information stated that i should come to the center on my appointment date.

He passed my file to another to arrange. Am not sure what stage i was in. A thread mentioned that
Online application have several stages which includes:"
i. Documents arrangements
ii. Account checking
iii. Verification
iv. Interview
v. Capturing

I misplaced one of my passports ��. I had to snap another 8copies for 1k.
He finally collected and i was ask to sign i a register, then go back to the pavilion to wait.

I started waiting around 10am. Around 11:30am, i met some officers to ask when i will be called, because i was told to wait. I was told to keep waiting. Around 12pm, i met another officer whom i met in one ot the offices i entered, she came to call some names(brown files only) i explained that i have been waiting she said i should come on my appointment date directly to her office.

DAY 2
I resumed early today around 8:15am.
Sat waiting for their resumption.
The Public address system is out announcing the whole stages before capturing.
Special announcements :they are working on saturday(between 10-2pm)
Online payments(DIY) will be attended to too.
I met the officer who told me to come today, gave me my file, took it to Account and i was told to come in 30mins later.
After 30mins i went back to the office, i had to do small talk on Christmas gift.i collected my file again and took it to the verification office. To go wait under the shed (Pavillion).
I can't believe this is really happening, its past 2pm, i haven't been attended to. All officers i met during this process, i have asked what happened to my file. The guys who we went in for interview together have captured and left. The last officer i met said i should wait for God's time. �.
The bread and tea i ate for breakfast has been spent on anticipation to hear my name been called for capturing. �. But someone has mentioned earlier than DIY is not for the faint-hearted.
Around 4pm� after so many just go and wait, i was called�.

Tips for Capturing room
* No white tops or shirts
* No dropping earrings and Necklace
* Pack your Hair neatly.
Well, just few minute after the photograph, the generator went off (fuel exhausted for the day). All others well told to come on saturday. I submitted the slip i was given to make photocopy.

Will let you know when i go for collection but till then, you can do it yourself too. �

Please did you mean you summit 5/5 copies for each of your documents. As well did they accept the local government birth certificate or is it only NPC birth certificate they accept?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nnefada: 1:56am On Dec 12, 2022
Hello everyone!!!
I have actually been reading but still very confused on many issues which are;

1..... I used to have a passport which expired like 17years ago and also has my maiden name. Please with this long years and being a young girl then, would I be needing a renewal or a fresh application?
2......how and where do I please go for the gurantor's form and the oat.....very confusing to me �
3......is the letter of consent from parents directly written by the parents or it can be collected from immigration office and filled? If written my the parents, is there a strict format to be followed?

I want to start application but these things are holding me down.
Someone please help with answers. Blessings to you all. Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by PrinceFola(m): 6:49am On Dec 12, 2022
Zankut:

You need to do capturing first before you track
Okay. Thank you so much..

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.