Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,526 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (714) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1434016 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dvdami(m): 6:18am On Jun 05, 2023
Hello everyone, my capture date is in few day's time at Alausa passport office.

I heard somewhere that the I should not take the Guarantor's Form to any court/magistrate outside. I heard there is a provision for it to be sworn at the passport office.

I would like to confirm this please.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by MadeMan01(m): 7:16am On Jun 05, 2023
dvdami:
Hello everyone, my capture date is in few day's time at Alausa passport office.

I heard somewhere that the I should not take the Guarantor's Form to any court/magistrate outside. I heard there is a provision for it to be sworn at the passport office.

I would like to confirm this please.

Thanks in advance.

Please, in all tha you do in life, be it passport application or planning for children school fees, avoid last minute arrangements. The guarantor form clearly shows the officers capable of signing the guarantor form. Get one of them, I used a notary public for my mom last year and brother this year and it was collected ( make sure Notary Public signs with red seal), you can use a Commissioner for Oaths or any other listed. Arrange your completed documents in advance and avoid last minute stress. What if you get there and it's starts raining heavily, will you be running with documents in the rain?

Please gather in advance

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bukolo: 10:32am On Jun 05, 2023
Good morning, apologies for delay in response.

I went on my capturing day (Akowonjo passport office, Egbeda, Lagos), but couldn't captured.

My document was arranged and was told to come back as my file would have to be taken to Ikeja for approval.

I went back ( 2 weeks after) my file was approved and i captured.

I was given an enrolment form that still had my maiden name, so i called Servicom in Abuja.

I was told it is only in Abuja that change of name due to marriage is approved before your passport will be produced.

I am now waiting for this approval.

Thank you.

lightdream:
Goodevening, please how do you finally handle the situation? My wife could not do change of data but only applied for renewal.Her passport expired ,now with a new surname. Please how do you handle yours or what is the way out?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dvdami(m): 11:41am On Jun 05, 2023
MadeMan01:

Please, in all tha you do in life, be it passport application or planning for children school fees, avoid last minute arrangements. The guarantor form clearly shows the officers capable of signing the guarantor form. Get one of them, I used a notary public for my mom last year and brother this year and it was collected ( make sure Notary Public signs with red seal), you can use a Commissioner for Oaths or any other listed. Arrange your completed documents in advance and avoid last minute stress. What if you get there and it's starts raining heavily, will you be running with documents in the rain?

Please gather in advance

Thank you very much.

I watched a youtuber gave that opinion. She did hers in Festac where there was a resident Commissioner For Oaths. She generalised the case. I just needed to be sure.

I will proceed to a nearby court in Lagos tomorrow to get it done. I will do DOB affidavit too.

My capture date is Friday.

Thank you, once again.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kekemeke2000: 1:33pm On Jun 05, 2023
Please did anyone capture at Abeokuta early March 2023 and has been issued passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by portablesuzy: 2:01pm On Jun 05, 2023
GOOD DAY HOUSE PLS WHATS GOING ON IN FESTAC CENTER DID CAPTURING AND OUR PASSPORT IS NOT YET OUT GOING TO TWO MONTHS NOW. ANS I PAID FASTRACK , I CALLED THE PERSON SHE KEPT SAYING NO MATERIAL .
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by makazona(m): 6:38pm On Jun 05, 2023
I finally collected my passport today.

Online registration: 28 Nov, 2022.
Captured: 5th January, 2023.
Collected: 5th June, 2023.

DIY @Osogbo OFFICE na one chance o.

Their servicom unit ineffective as they were still telling me my passport was not out until I collected it and showed them.

Nothing is moving there joor especially for DIY.

But I thank God las las.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sonicroyel: 8:02pm On Jun 05, 2023
portablesuzy:
GOOD DAY HOUSE PLS WHATS GOING ON IN FESTAC CENTER DID CAPTURING AND OUR PASSPORT IS NOT YET OUT GOING TO TWO MONTHS NOW. ANS I PAID FASTRACK , I CALLED THE PERSON SHE KEPT SAYING NO MATERIAL .

Same here oh since no booklet then what was the essence of fast tracking
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sonicroyel: 8:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
jumski:
Capturing date: 11th May
Passport issued: 2nd june
Going for collection next week

Processing office: Festac
Not DIY

Can I contact you and speak to you about your plug ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by purity2all(m): 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2023
I collected my passport today..

I captured January 11th .

Strictly DIY, didn't give anyone a dime.

Did it in Alausa.

Big thank you to everyone here who helped in providing the needed guidance.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by jumski: 11:20pm On Jun 05, 2023
Sonicroyel:

Can I contact you and speak to you about your plug ?

Bro. i actually met a guy today at festac after my collection, he explained to me since February himself and his family are yet to get their passports after paying to an officer. Then i took him to my own agent, she said that there is nothing she can do that i am even lucky because i assisted her for some stuffs.
The main coco is that she said there is no booklet yet for 32 pages.
I left them there discussing......

[I guess she can assist for fresh applicants]

Mine was actually 2 weeks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by BeMab: 3:02pm On Jun 06, 2023
Hello Nairalanders, does anybody know if passports renewed in the United States are done in Nigeria? I'm trying to fast-track it.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IslamDefender: 3:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
BeMab:
Hello Nairalanders, does anybody know if passports renewed in the United States are done in Nigeria? I'm trying to fast-track it.

Your question is not clear. Do you mean can you renew your Nigerian passport in Nigeria while you're in the US or can you renew a passport issued in the US in Nigeria?

If the first, no. You have to come down to Nigeria to renew or renew at your Nigerian Consulate in the US.

If the second, yes. For example, if you renewed your passport in New York and it's about to expire or already expired, you can renew it in Nigeria. But you must be physically present in Nigeria to do so.

Hope this helps.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by BeMab: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
IslamDefender:

Your question is not clear. Do you mean can you renew your Nigerian passport in Nigeria while you're in the US or can you renew a passport issued in the US in Nigeria?

If the first, no. You have to come down to Nigeria to renew or renew at your Nigerian Consulate in the US.

If the second, yes. For example, if you renewed your passport in New York and it's about to expire or already expired, you can renew it in Nigeria. But you must be physically present in Nigeria to do so.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. That helps. Do you know if there's a forum like this on nairaland for those renewing in the United States. I'm trying to get mine expedited.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by saintkeppy(m): 7:59pm On Jun 06, 2023
makazona:

Their servicom unit ineffective as they were still telling me my passport was not out until I collected it and showed them.

But I thank God las las.

Congratulations bro, please how much is the current price for international passport now?
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by byMikee: 8:59pm On Jun 06, 2023
purity2all:
I collected my passport today..

I captured January 11th .

Strictly DIY, didn't give anyone a dime.

Did it in Alausa.

Big thank you to everyone here who helped in providing the needed guidance.

How long was it from the Capturing to Collection?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Fatasy(m): 9:45pm On Jun 06, 2023
byMikee:

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by purity2all(m): 10:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
byMikee:

Approximately 4months.

The collection date on my slip was the 31st of March.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by onuwaje(m): 11:15pm On Jun 06, 2023
CarlosTheJackal:
Applied May 13

Did Capturing May 31

Passport Ready by Friday this week.

Immigration office Abuja and it's fast track

How did you do yours i captured at the same Abuja office since May 10th..

Did they send you a notification?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by BuyAndSellStuff: 12:16am On Jun 07, 2023
CarlosTheJackal:
if you are in Abuja, go to Immigration office and I will give you an officer to do it for you. He did mine in three weeks.

It's not possible to get it immediately?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by byMikee: 12:53am On Jun 07, 2023
purity2all:

Approximately 4months.

The collection date on my slip was the 31st of March.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by CarlosTheJackal: 6:19am On Jun 07, 2023
BuyAndSellStuff:

It's not possible to get it immediately?
Nobody can do it from r you and you get it immediately
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by CarlosTheJackal: 6:20am On Jun 07, 2023
onuwaje:

How did you do yours i captured at the same Abuja office since May 10th..

Did they send you a notification?
Mine wasn't DIY, I used someone there
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by CarlosTheJackal: 6:25am On Jun 07, 2023
Sonicroyel:

Same here oh since no booklet then what was the essence of fast tracking
Lagos has no booklets for processing so I will advise you have patience or go to Abuja
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by BuyAndSellStuff: 8:57am On Jun 07, 2023
CarlosTheJackal:
Nobody can do it from r you and you get it immediately

Ok.
Please let me have the guy's number. Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chinelo87(f): 9:07am On Jun 07, 2023
makazona:

But I thank God las las.

Please did you check online and it was completed
I did for my kids DIY went physically to check was told not ready in May, being checking online since and has not been produced.
Captured Jan 20th need to know
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by onuwaje(m): 9:12am On Jun 07, 2023
CarlosTheJackal:
Mine wasn't DIY, I used someone there
I also used someone there too
Maybe my connection was 2G yours was 9G grin

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by HeightsKE: 11:13am On Jun 07, 2023
sunnyg12:

Still on January production o.
I SINCERELY THINK THE GOVT SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT FESTAC CENTRE.
THEY ARE KILLING THE HOPES AND DREAMS OF NIGERIANS THERE.
INFACT,THE IMMIGRATION SERVICE SHOULD BE SCRAPED!
THESE PEOPLE ARE DESTROYERS!!!!!!!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by HeightsKE: 11:15am On Jun 07, 2023
CarlosTheJackal:
Lagos has no booklets for processing so I will advise you have patience or go to Abuja
Please this kinda post can give people heart attack o,how do you know this?

I didn't renewal Feb and yet to collect..and without it,I cannot go to sea to work!

They want to kill Nigerians
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Evestar200(f): 12:15pm On Jun 07, 2023
Let me put my passport Wahala Issue here.

I applied for my Passport on June 8 2022 and did Capture on June 9, 2022, in Warri before leaving for Kaduna. I came back in June and I asked the guy that was processing it for me if my passport was ready and he angrily told me no that I didn't do an urgent passport and that it will take three minutes before it will be ready.

So, I left Warri and return to Kaduna hoping that when I returned in December my passport will b ready. In December when I arrived in Warri, I went to the immigration office to collect my passport. When I got there, I gave them the slip and gave them a number to wait, after waiting close to an hour, they called me and said my passport is not yet ready and that I should go and meet the person processing it for me. I was shocked and angry because is 6 months and my passport is not yet ready.

I called the person processing it for me and he told me my passport is supposed to be ready, maybe there is an issue somewhere and he will call me once is ready, so I left the immigration office angrily and went home.

I waited for two weeks and the guy did not call me, so make contact and explained to people and my Team Manager directed me to General Manager that he has a brother working In Nigeria Immigration, I contacted him and he gave me his brother's number, so I called his brother and explained everything and he told me to come to the immigration office the next day.

Meanwhile, I was contacting the guy that was processing it for me and he told me they cannot find my fine, and that I need to reproduce the processing documents so that they can take my file to the production room. I paid for that and they have to reproduce the document in my file and I filed them.

After all this, I still did not get any good feedback so I reported my issue to the Immigration office headquarters and they responded and told me to report my issue to the Warri Immigration Service desk, I went to lay my complaint but they refer to meet the guy processing it for me, I got angry and called Nigeria Immigration headquarter and told me to call the name of the person processing it for me. I did and they said I should send them my appointment letter for them to track it but I don't have any of those documents.

So on the 3rd of January this year, I went and decided to see the PCO, at first the immigration officers close to her office don't want to allow me in, saying she is busy, but I stood my ground and waited more than 4hrs before they decided to report my case to her and she called me then I explained everything to her including the part where I reported them to Abuja and she was angry with me for reporting them, saying I want to make them lose their jobs, that we Warri people are good at reporting.

After saying all that, she called them to find my file, Behold! The file that was missing is in there with other files that have not been produced. She said they have passed June, maybe my file has an issue, they look at my file, no issue so she begged me and said they don't have the passport I applied for and that the one they are issuing now is enhanced passport and is a different amount, that she will make a call to Abuja and once they sent her passport she will produce it.

I told her I want to travel back to Kaduna before I will come back to Warri in June so how am I going to get the passport?. She said since my case has been like this, she will do a third party for me, and that I should write a letter with the name of the person that will take it on my behalf and with a valid ID.

I did exactly as I was told, and my friend went there two times before they finally produced the passport I captured on June 9 2022, on January 19th 2023.

My friend collected it on my behalf and I get hold of my passport on June 1st 2023. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ttomexy(f): 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
Evestar200:
Let me put my passport Wahala Issue here.

I applied for my Passport on June 8 2022 and did Capture on June 9, 2022, in Warri before leaving for Kaduna. I came back in June and I asked the guy that was processing it for me if my passport was ready and he angrily told me no that I didn't do an urgent passport and that it will take three minutes before it will be ready.

So, I left Warri and return to Kaduna hoping that when I returned in December my passport will b ready. In December when I arrived in Warri, I went to the immigration office to collect my passport. When I got there, I gave them the slip and gave them a number to wait, after waiting close to an hour, they called me and said my passport is not yet ready and that I should go and meet the person processing it for me. I was shocked and angry because is 6 months and my passport is not yet ready.

I called the person processing it for me and he told me my passport is supposed to be ready, maybe there is an issue somewhere and he will call me once is ready, so I left the immigration office angrily and went home.

I waited for two weeks and the guy did not call me, so make contact and explained to people and my Team Manager directed me to General Manager that he has a brother working In Nigeria Immigration, I contacted him and he gave me his brother's number, so I called his brother and explained everything and he told me to come to the immigration office the next day.

Meanwhile, I was contacting the guy that was processing it for me and he told me they cannot find my fine, and that I need to reproduce the processing documents so that they can take my file to the production room. I paid for that and they have to reproduce the document in my file and I filed them.

After all this, I still did not get any good feedback so I reported my issue to the Immigration office headquarters and they responded and told me to report my issue to the Warri Immigration Service desk, I went to lay my complaint but they refer to meet the guy processing it for me, I got angry and called Nigeria Immigration headquarter and told me to call the name of the person processing it for me. I did and they said I should send them my appointment letter for them to track it but I don't have any of those documents.

So on the 3rd of January this year, I went and decided to see the PCO, at first the immigration officers close to her office don't want to allow me in, saying she is busy, but I stood my ground and waited more than 4hrs before they decided to report my case to her and she called me then I explained everything to her including the part where I reported them to Abuja and she was angry with me for reporting them, saying I want to make them lose their jobs, that we Warri people are good at reporting.

After saying all that, she called them to find my file, Behold! The file that was missing is in there with other files that have not been produced. She said they have passed June, maybe my file has an issue, they look at my file, no issue so she begged me and said they don't have the passport I applied for and that the one they are issuing now is enhanced passport and is a different amount, that she will make a call to Abuja and once they sent her passport she will produce it.

I told her I want to travel back to Kaduna before I will come back to Warri in June so how am I going to get the passport?. She said since my case has been like this, she will do a third party for me, and that I should write a letter with the name of the person that will take it on my behalf and with a valid ID.

I did exactly as I was told, and my friend went there two times before they finally produced the passport I captured on June 9 2022, on January 19th 2023.

My friend collected it on my behalf and I get hold of my passport on June 1st 2023. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Exactly 12 month

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dvdami(m): 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
Good day house,

Thanks for your assistance thus far.

My capture date is two day's time at Alausa passport office. I decided to step out to stamp declaration of age and guarantor's form.

I went to the court close to the passport office but the lady said she cannot stamp my guarantors form for me because those at the passport office will reject it.

She advised me to go to high court.

I wonder if anyone has had a similar experience recently.

Which high court do you recommend? I want to do this tomorrow in order to avoid any mishap on Friday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.