Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1450319 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (831) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Skooldeto(m): 12:12am On Jun 29, 2023
Reelz:

With your application ID n reference No u login on d website n book appointment at any choice of immigration passport office that is suitable for u..

what is that appointment is all about sir?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by brown1234: 12:53am On Jun 29, 2023
ekitimanalways:

This is from a Nairalander (skentelelady). It should help.
"I explained earlier under her post. She only needs affirmation of name from high court not notorised. Then go before her capturing date with documents that carry the right names and arrangement. They will then do verification and capturing same day. I did both verification and capturing same day at shagamu.

The issue of wrong DOB was sorted with email sent to servicon thru one of the officer I we met there for a token. This was rectified b fore our capturing date too"

Thanks but she had not capture before
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Pearlypinky: 7:41am On Jun 29, 2023
Good morning everyone. Kindly help with any advice coz I'm kinda scared. I'll be going for capturing late next month at the Ikoyi office and I registered myself online. I heard once they notice I'm going through the process myself they'll intentionally want to stress me šŸ˜©. Please guys come to my aid. How do you think I should go about this. I have all my documents except guarantor form. If you know anyone I could meet at the office kindly refer please. I was told go there as early as possible. Guys please help me
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 8:58am On Jun 29, 2023
Skooldeto:

what is that appointment is all about sir?

If you have or book an appointment with the Nigeria Immigration Service, you have arranged to go to the NIS passport office of your choice, usually in connection with biometric or capturing.Ā 

Book appointment here: https://appointments.immigration.gov.ng/
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by skentelelady(f): 3:46pm On Jun 29, 2023
brown1234:

Thanks but she had not capture before
same applied to me. Never captured before but went earlier to rectify the mistake of DOB on my NIN. That day we talked about 2 different names appearing in documents. I was told to do affirmation of name from high court not notorised. Then come on the capturing day with letter from my Local govt which I did in Lago. When I got there I first did verification then later capturing.

The point is if you haven't captured, you can still make corrections on your data
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lightdream: 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2023
Damilolly:
Please keep us updated on this change of name due to marriage.
Still on queue ooo.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Abeyjide: 10:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
nnekaike:
My capturing experience at Shagamu (DIY)

My capturing date was June 14,I arrived 7:45am and got a file.

Gate was opened by 8:10am, we queued and where given number ( Number was useless and not used).

I followed all I have read on this thread, after we got seatied at the designated area an officer came to address us,10 minutes after that,I took my file to Serviscom to submit (Very important).

Being a fresh Application my file contained.
Birth certificate (born after 1992)
State of origin
Marriage certificate
Passport application form
2 passport photograph.
Gaurantors form, completely filled and signed at high court.
payment receipts( 2 copies each).

Please ensure to do all your photocopy and print out before going there,carry extra copies if possible of all your documents.
Over there, Printing is #500, photocopy #100

After arranging my file,the officer requested for #6000 as administrative fee.
I told him I did not have up to that,he refused the #3000 I offered,said I should not bother.

After Submitting my file and waiting for 4 hours I went back to Serviscom to complain my name has not been called ( I did this more 5 times ).

Eventually I was called for vetting, the officer asked who helped me with my registration I told him I did it myself, he went through my documents and rejected my birth certificate for a very silly reason and asked I go and do another birth certificate.

I pleaded I do an affidavit,he said it must be a birth certificate from NPC.

After one week I got another birth certificate and went back to continue.
Getting there and stating my case to Serviscom they went to search for my file.

For 5 hours,they searched everywhere for my file without finding it,I requested to join the officer searching for it, we searched everywhere and my file was not found.

The officers began to blame me on why I did not use an agent or pay the 6k administrative fee, I became angry and told them I must capture that day because they have no reason to misplace my file, seeing how serious I was solution came.

Another file had to be opened and I was given a gaurantor ( I paid #1500 for gaurantor and signing at high court). Thankfully my hubby insisted I go with all my documents ( both photocopy and original).

After opening another file,I told them am not going for any vetting again, my file was taken to capturing office, within 2hours my biometrics and capturing was done.

Things I noticed
There is high influx of people in shagamu now,so the shakara of the officers is on another level especially if you are DIY and you refused to pay the 6k, it's either your file is tossed aside, and be ready to be on their neck or close with them.

If you sit for long without hearing your name,go to Serviscom and talk, stand by their door till you hear your name, because there is a very high probability that your file is on the floor.

Ensure to go with all required documents and no NIN issues.

It's not complusory to get there by 8, even if you get there by 10/11am just ensure you submit your file at Serviscom.

Na Waoooo. People are so wicked. I applied in Kwara and got my passport in a month.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AyobamiIsaac12: 11:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
Abeyjide:

Na Waoooo. People are so wicked. I applied in Kwara and got my passport in a month.
Did you apply online or you went to apply at their office?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Abeyjide: 11:32pm On Jun 29, 2023
AyobamiIsaac12:
Did you apply online or you went to apply at their office?

I went to their office. Mine,wife and baby
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ken8080(m): 11:59pm On Jun 29, 2023
Sonicroyel:

June 14th

Drop ur contact let me contact you so we can go they on Monday n know whatsup
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Superted01(m): 1:16am On Jun 30, 2023
Abeyjide:

How much did u spend ? And was it DIY ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Superted01(m): 1:17am On Jun 30, 2023
Ken8080:

Please keep us updated.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Benjamin4388(m): 2:32am On Jun 30, 2023
pufframmy:
(Answer:
Just Complain To NIMC...)
A lot of Nigerians, and Nairalanders are going through this wahalla at the moment
If you already have your NIN-Number with you,, but whenever you take the NIN-Number to the Bank, they would always tell you to go back to the NIMC and tell them to Validate your NIN-Number and add it to the NIN-Database on the NIMC Computer.
This is what you would do...
Send an email to info@nimc.gov.ng with a copy-to cc.. to customercare@nimc.gov.ng and nimccustomercare@nimc.gov.ng....
Put the subject as ā€œVALIDATE MY NIN-NUMBERā€.
Then give them your ā€œfull nameā€ and the NIN-Number that is to be validated.
(Try this first, then come back and thank me later)

ALSO ADD THIS EMAIL ithelpdesk@nimc.gov.ng

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by diiadem(f): 3:18am On Jun 30, 2023
Please I need a sure plug at Ikoyi office. DIY though but I need someone on the inside to help fast track it.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Blackchampion(m): 6:09am On Jun 30, 2023
Good Morning House.

Please, what do I need to go with for my passport collection? I will be going for it this morning. Location is Abia State.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 8:01am On Jun 30, 2023
Blackchampion:
Good Morning House.

Please, what do I need to go with for my passport collection? I will be going for it this morning. Location is Abia State.
Confirmation slip only. But keep your wallet close to you because the need may arise to bribe the corrupt immigration officers at Abia passport office...
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Blackchampion(m): 8:06am On Jun 30, 2023
ekitimanalways:

Confirmation slip only. But keep your wallet close to you because the need may arise to bribe the corrupt immigration officers at Abia passport office...
Bribe them again for what? I paid over 14k before I could capture months ago.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AyobamiIsaac12: 9:03am On Jun 30, 2023
Abeyjide:

I went to their office. Mine,wife and baby
Okay, thank you
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by carbonado(m): 9:27am On Jun 30, 2023
ekitimanalways:

1) 2 colour passport photographs.
(2) Original and a photocopy of your NIN slip.
(3) Payment receipt.
(4) Acknowledgement slip.
(5) Handwritten renewal application letter.
(6) Photocopy of the data page of your expired Nigerian passport together with your expired Nigerian passport.
(7) Online passport application form.
....morning Sir,i have a question, can someone renew their passport if has just 6 months validity left, also do you know what month they are producing in alausa at the moment, i captured in late feb...
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 10:12am On Jun 30, 2023
carbonado:
....morning Sir,i have a question, can someone renew their passport if has just 6 months validity left, also do you know what month they are producing in alausa at the moment, i captured in late feb...

Good morning, sir. Yes, a passport can be renewed when it has 6 months validity...
I don't know the month Alausa passport office is producing, I am afraid. According to a source, those captured in February 2023 are expected to come (back) for their passports from (the) third week in July 2023. I hope Alausa passport office is not trying to create an illusion. Keep your fingers crossed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 10:15am On Jun 30, 2023
Blackchampion:
Bribe them again for what? I paid over 14k before I could capture months ago.
Just to be on a safe side, keep your wallet close...
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by carbonado(m): 11:26am On Jun 30, 2023
ekitimanalways:

Good morning, sir. Yes, a passport can be renewed when it has 6 months validity...
I am afraid I don't know the month Alausa passport office is producing. But with the information available to me, those captured in February 2023 are implored to come (back) for their passports from the third week in July 2023. I hope Alausa passport office is not trying to create an illusion. Keep your fingers crossed.Ā 
....Thank you so much...
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by slimim101(m): 11:26am On Jun 30, 2023
Codedboy95:
Thank you for responding and sorry about this issue, I contacted someone on this thread and he asked me to to mtn office, that they know how to resolve it.

Good morning sir/mĆ”, have you been able to go to MTN Office and get it done. If yes please let us know what the requirements are and which of the MTN office did you go as I'm in Lagos and the best MTN office closest to me is that at Ikeja Allen.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Blackchampion(m): 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
Thank you everyone. I finally collected my passport today at Umuahia Office, Abia State command.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ayopercent(m): 11:50am On Jul 01, 2023
Good morning here, pls it is necessary for my wife to effect change of name on her NIN(she has registered before our marriage) to my own surname before applying for her international passport, though we have done an affidavit for change of name due to marriage and newspaper publication.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2023
Ayopercent:
Good morning here, pls it is necessary for my wife to effect change of name on her NIN(she has registered before our marriage) to my own surname before applying for her international passport, though we have done an affidavit for change of name due to marriage and newspaper publication.
Thanks in anticipation.
She MUST go for modification of name at the National Identity Management Commission. To obtain this service, she is required to visit any of the Commission's enrollment centers with her NIN, marriage certificate, court affidavit, Newspaper publication, etc.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sonicroyel: 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2023
Ken8080:

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chinelo87(f): 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2023
Anyone who captured on the 20th Jan at the Festac office being able to collect yet?

The last I check at their office they said it wasnā€™t ready.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Pearlypinky: 10:13pm On Jul 01, 2023
Pearlypinky:
Good morning everyone. Kindly help with any advice coz I'm kinda scared. I'll be going for capturing late next month at the Ikoyi office and I registered myself online. I heard once they notice I'm going through the process myself they'll intentionally want to stress me šŸ˜©. Please guys come to my aid. How do you think I should go about this. I have all my documents except guarantor form. If you know anyone I could meet at the office kindly refer please. I was told go there as early as possible. Guys please help me

Guys please respond to this
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ayopercent(m): 4:18am On Jul 02, 2023
ekitimanalways:

She MUST go for modification of name at the National Identity Management Commission. To obtain this service, she is required to visit any of the Commission's enrollment centers with her NIN, marriage certificate, court affidavit, Newspaper publication, etc.Ā 
Thank you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Mukah1234(m): 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2023
Pearlypinky:

Guys please respond to this

First you should get your gurantor form ready too before your appointment date.

Secondly, there is really nothing to be scared of. Just dedicate that day to this. Go early too.

Personally I would rather go through the stress now, than give someone extra 50k to make the process seamless/fast track when I am not even guaranteed of getting the passport within one month. Well except if you need the passport urgently.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (831) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.