Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1439879 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Babaelemu: 2:18pm On Sep 25, 2019
Hi family please advise is it possible to renew Nigerian passport older than 10 months to expire?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Edgarated(m): 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2019
lowisz:
Just got confirmation my passport is out in Abuja yesterday, I did change of name and change of age, men this stuff are very expensive and can only be done in abuja

please i want to do the same, like how much should i be looking at?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ojoduoludare(m): 6:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
i did the same fill on line .. but i regret at the end since april that i DID capturing till now i have not collected it... why my brother who go through back yard august now in canada... same alausa

I really appreciate all the people that have been contributing to this page in enlightening the public about the fact that they can actually process international passport on their own. God bless.

To my experience.
I went ikeja passport office for my renewal process and met a customs officer who told me the new one 32 pages is N45,000 but I would pay and fill all the required info at ikeja and still go to ikoyi office for capturing which does not make sense to me while the old one is #28,000 and would take like 3 months to come out since their is no booklet. The place was actually very empty.

I told him I was ready to process the new one and he asked for my National identification number. I had not collected the slip from Zenith bank where I captured and so, I excused myself and told him I would return the next day.

I proceeded to zenith bank and picked my NIN slip. Went back to the office and just felt like going tru nairaland again on passport processing. That was when my senses finally resurrected. I followed the guide I read up here. Filled the form on immigration site, got the reference and print out, went to GTB to make payment for the passport (25,500) and updated my payment on my created profile when I got back from the bank. Immediately I got a date for capturing (12, September 2019). I was really excited. I saved N19,500 from doing it myself.

Day of capturing
I was very excited to go to Ikoyi passport office to view the drama because I had made up my mind that even if heaven falls, I wasn't going to bribe anybody. I got to ikoyi passport office at about 11:30am on the 12th of September and the sea of people was overwhelming. I first had my passport photograph taken outside (8 copies for N500), I went straight to servicecom desk and met a custom officer for guidance. About three of them asked me who was processing it for me because they hardly see people do it themselves. I was made to fill a new set of data forms (3), dropped two passport, photocopy of my old passport data page, NIN slip and bought a file which i took to servicom. From there, I went to a room for approval. I had to take the file to like 5 different persons/department for approval and stamp before I was finally sent to the capturing room. I was almost discouraged but was glad I did the process myself ( at each table I had to wait for a million files of custom officers that are processing for people to be stamped first).

The capturing room queue was very fast and within 30 mins I was done. I was given a slip and a date to come for the passport (10 working days), I Returned my fill to servicecom and off I left at about 2:00pm

I didn't spend a kobo for bribe neither did anyone ask me. All I did was that I was very polite, greeted every officer with a smile and asked questions from senior custom officers. It was an experience and thanks to Nairaland family for the enlightenment.

Would let you know when my passport finally is ready but for now, my status shows Vetted.

Garcia [/quote]

7 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ogemele(m): 9:54am On Sep 27, 2019
bukie040:
Hello house, pls am in a terrible situation right now which require urgent help, I filled change of data form online and paid 33,000 instead of filling change of name due to marital status. I intend to make d correct application now but I don't knw if d money paid for COD can be used in place. I don't knw wat do , who do I contact. Can anyone help, I need solution.

Same happened to me. U can talk to nogimmigration on twitter or u call on phone but subsequently u may hav issues. Best bet pay another cash
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Carmal90(m): 1:19pm On Sep 27, 2019
Finally my passport is done .
July 30-September 26..
Ilorin center.
Regards
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by zabson(m): 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2019
Hi!
I just got my new passport. But I saw ECOWAS passport. is it the same as International passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by adeadex2006(m): 7:30pm On Sep 27, 2019
My Date of birth is not correct on my passport and it will expire in 2021 have not used for any transaction. Since the government said we re to be using NIN number now for international passport, am thinking of correcting date of birth on my NIMC slip do u I need to pay again for correction of date of birth to passport office? .
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Carmal90(m): 8:39pm On Sep 27, 2019
zabson:
Hi!
I just got my new passport. But I saw ECOWAS passport. is it the same as International passport?
That is what is on my passport as well.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ogemele(m): 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2019
adeadex2006:
My Date of birth is not correct on my passport and it will expire in 2021 have not used for any transaction. Since the government said we re to be using NIN number now for international passport, am thinking of correcting date of birth on my NIMC slip do u I need to pay again for correction of date of birth to passport office? .

Yes u need to and that can be done only in abj
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kingskim(m): 7:31pm On Sep 29, 2019
smithval:
I got mine same day at Awka in Anambra state.
No big deal at all.

Boss how much you pay pls I'm in awka
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dkberen: 5:52pm On Sep 30, 2019
Babaelemu:
Hi family please advise is it possible to renew Nigerian passport older than 10 months to expire?
Yes, mine had about 3 years remaining sef but i did change of name and got a new one today here in the South East.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dkberen: 5:59pm On Sep 30, 2019
Emm22:

Old one is what you will get. Remember to ask them for A reference number or enrollment number when done. This is should they post you for months in a bid to extort from you. If they try to extort from you for express, ask them for the PCO or Comptroller. Reason being that he sent for you, this way they will attend to you immediately and you will get your passport that day. I'm speaking from experience!!!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dkberen: 6:28pm On Sep 30, 2019
helpee:

I followed this tip and i got mine done under one hour. shocked I still can't believe it. The same officers shouting no materials for two months now were begging me and ushering me into offices like I was the queen of England.
I took the advice here as Transformium said even after i had paid 35k. I captured since two months only for the officer in charge of printing passport to ask for more money(extra 5k). I tweeted to NIS, told them my predicament and they responded that I should go to the PCO office immediately. In less than twenty minutes of their reply, the PCO called me to come collect my passport. I was treated like a queen. Like I've never felt this celebrated before shocked .... even the comptroller apologized too. I literally set the state office on fire with what i did cos i noticed everyone was on their feet doing their jobs. You should see me grinning from ear to ear. cheesy
Have your facts such as name of officer/extortionist grin and enrollment number for states that give(mine didn't give). Then be bold enough to mention about it on Twitter under their handle. Believe you me, they will give you that passport that day even if its on a Friday.
Now, let me go and be excessively useful smiley with this sole means of identification I have cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by smithval(m): 6:32am On Oct 01, 2019
kingskim:

Boss how much you pay pls I'm in awka

I paid 35k for the passport. Got it same day.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kingskim(m): 8:37am On Oct 01, 2019
smithval:

Thanks will be going tomorrow
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by vivypretty(f): 2:19pm On Oct 01, 2019
smithval:

I guess you did express delivery.
Is it there immigration office at agu awka?
Do you have an idea of how long and how much it will cost if it is not express?
You got the new passport right?
Can you please list the things they asked for?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by otokx(m): 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
Had quite a different experience today, will drop more words next week on what really may be going on.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by smithval(m): 5:50am On Oct 03, 2019
vivypretty:

I guess you did express delivery.
Is it there immigration office at agu awka?
Do you have an idea of how long and how much it will cost if it is not express?
You got the new passport right?
Can you please list the things they asked for?

Call me on 070 3 7 two zero 2 five 7 eight.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by morgang(m): 12:28am On Oct 04, 2019
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by morgang(m): 12:38am On Oct 04, 2019
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Kenon1: 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2019
Is the cost of online renewal of international passport(32 booklet with 5 years validity) for a minor(about 6 years of age) same for an adult?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by fummylolah: 2:57pm On Oct 08, 2019
Thanks to God . Picked up my passport on Friday(4th, Oct 2019) at Ikoyi passport office. Total day for processing, capturing and collection was a month. Although It was ready before the day I went to pick it up.

Processed online on the 5th of September
Went for capturing on the 12th of September
Went to pick the passport on the 4th of October.

It was quite an experience. I went to Ikoyi for some official stuffs and just thought of trying to check the immigration office if the passport was ready. Did a photocopy of my slip and proceeded to the collection center, this was around 2:15pm. I met a huge crowd of people waiting to collect their passport. Some told me they got there since 9 am. I almost lost hope but something in me kept saying I should give it a shot.

I walked to the collection door and politely greeted a custom officer. I pleaded that he help to check if my passport was ready so I could come pick it up another time because I had no time to wait. he collected but returned almost immediately stating his boss sent him on errand. Just then a senior officer came by and I quickly read his name tag. Seeing he was a Yoruba man, I switch dialect to Yoruba immediately and begged him to please help me check if my passport was out. he laughed and collected mine with two other ladies and went into his office. Waited for like 20 mins and surprisingly he came out with my passport topping all the passport he brought for distribution. I was so excited and waited another 15 mins to activate the passport.

Left the passport office at 3:15pm. it was just God's favor I tell you because a lot of people I met there where still waiting for their names to be called. I did not spend a kobo in collection of my passport.

The passport is the new one o.

Gracia

fummylolah:

I really appreciate all the people that have been contributing to this page in enlightening the public about the fact that they can actually process international passport on their own. God bless.

To my experience.
I went ikeja passport office for my renewal process and met a customs officer who told me the new one 32 pages is N45,000 but I would pay and fill all the required info at ikeja and still go to ikoyi office for capturing which does not make sense to me while the old one is #28,000 and would take like 3 months to come out since their is no booklet. The place was actually very empty.

I told him I was ready to process the new one and he asked for my National identification number. I had not collected the slip from Zenith bank where I captured and so, I excused myself and told him I would return the next day.

I proceeded to zenith bank and picked my NIN slip. Went back to the office and just felt like going tru nairaland again on passport processing. That was when my senses finally resurrected. I followed the guide I read up here. Filled the form on immigration site, got the reference and print out, went to GTB to make payment for the passport (25,500) and updated my payment on my created profile when I got back from the bank. Immediately I got a date for capturing (12, September 2019). I was really excited. I saved N19,500 from doing it myself.

Day of capturing
I was very excited to go to Ikoyi passport office to view the drama because I had made up my mind that even if heaven falls, I wasn't going to bribe anybody. I got to ikoyi passport office at about 11:30am on the 12th of September and the sea of people was overwhelming. I first had my passport photograph taken outside (8 copies for N500), I went straight to servicecom desk and met a custom officer for guidance. About three of them asked me who was processing it for me because they hardly see people do it themselves. I was made to fill a new set of data forms (3), dropped two passport, photocopy of my old passport data page, NIN slip and bought a file which i took to servicom. From there, I went to a room for approval. I had to take the file to like 5 different persons/department for approval and stamp before I was finally sent to the capturing room. I was almost discouraged but was glad I did the process myself ( at each table I had to wait for a million files of custom officers that are processing for people to be stamped first).

The capturing room queue was very fast and within 30 mins I was done. I was given a slip and a date to come for the passport (10 working days), I Returned my fill to servicecom and off I left at about 2:00pm

I didn't spend a kobo for bribe neither did anyone ask me. All I did was that I was very polite, greeted every officer with a smile and asked questions from senior custom officers. It was an experience and thanks to Nairaland family for the enlightenment.

Would let you know when my passport finally is ready but for now, my status shows Vetted.

Garcia

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IrepChrist: 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2019
I picked mine last thursday at the Festac office after 3months plus fews days... Its the old design and I still prefer it.

Thanks everyone...

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AtoningBlood(m): 1:53pm On Oct 10, 2019
Please i need this info urgently.

Can I help someone to collect his passport at the passport office?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kampbelo(m): 2:19pm On Oct 10, 2019
AtoningBlood:
Please i need this info urgently.

Can I help someone to collect his passport at the passport office?

You can only collect on behalf of your child only. Because individual will need to pick it up for activation
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ttsoft(m): 1:25am On Oct 12, 2019
fummylolah:
Thanks to God . Picked up my passport on Friday(4th, Oct 2019) at Ikoyi passport office. Total day for processing, capturing and collection was a month. Although It was ready before the day I went to pick it up.

Processed online on the 5th of September
Went for capturing on the 12th of September
Went to pick the passport on the 4th of October.

It was quite an experience. I went to Ikoyi for some official stuffs and just thought of trying to check the immigration office if the passport was ready. Did a photocopy of my slip and proceeded to the collection center, this was around 2:15pm. I met a huge crowd of people waiting to collect their passport. Some told me they got there since 9 am. I almost lost hope but something in me kept saying I should give it a shot.

I walked to the collection door and politely greeted a custom officer. I pleaded that he help to check if my passport was ready so I could come pick it up another time because I had no time to wait. he collected but returned almost immediately stating his boss sent him on errand. Just then a senior officer came by and I quickly read his name tag. Seeing he was a Yoruba man, I switch dialect to Yoruba immediately and begged him to please help me check if my passport was out. he laughed and collected mine with two other ladies and went into his office. Waited for like 20 mins and surprisingly he came out with my passport topping all the passport he brought for distribution. I was so excited and waited another 15 mins to activate the passport.

Left the passport office at 3:15pm. it was just God's favor I tell you because a lot of people I met there where still waiting for their names to be called. I did not spend a kobo in collection of my passport.

The passport is the new one o.

Gracia

Hi. Please help!
Thanks for your assistance. I applied for the international passport online ad read, made payment successfully. But where will I print my Guarantor’s form?
My interview date is scheduled in 23/10/19.
And what are the necessary documents I need to tag along?
Thanks again

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.