Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Understanding The Concept of Tithing - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding The Concept of Tithing (37129 Views)

The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by foxychev(m): 10:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
Cut the crap please. God's kingdom is about father and children. Have you ever seen a prince or princess paying taxes to the king?
Tithing is not meant for christians.

3 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by newcreatio(m): 10:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
See, plain and simple, tithe or tithing is unscriptural in the light of the New Testament. Jesus did not command it, the apostles did not instruct it. The only places in the New Testament it was mentioned was by one, Jesus when he was mentioning the disgusting attitudes of the Pharisees and, two, by Paul when he was narrating about Abraham and faith. There was no INSTRUCTION to give tithe.

Additionally, tithe was also in those days not compulsory for certain groups of people. If you were not a farmer or livestock keeper, you had no business tithing. The following category of workers were exempted from tithing: carpenters, masons, soldiers, hired hands, fishermen, lumber workers, tax collectors, weavers, construction workers, priests, merchants, and just about anybody who wasn't a farmer in lands or animals. And the tithe was not money. Today's tithes are money and it comes.from the very category of people that were exempted by that law.

Freewill giving is what the New Testament says should be done such as giving, seeds, contributions, anything you so desire to give. But like bankers our advocates of tithes like "the sums assured" as if they are insurance marketers.

The churches today should repent from this evil!

6 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Aringon(m): 10:41pm On Nov 02, 2014
christemmbassey:
you are lieing, tithes is not used for salaries, i played piano for churches for many yrs, i never collected 10naira, offerings(collections) at every church meetings is more than enough to pay pastors salaries asuming they are too lazy to work.

Bassey let me put it to u that, u do not say what u don't know. If u decide to play the piano without charges then good and well. There are so many pianoist, drummers, trumpeters are are being paid monthly. In my parish for example, the drummer and paionist are paid monthly salary, the church administrator is paid salary also. At every month, the parih renders the account and remit to the church HQTR the remaining which is used for the expansion of the church at the camp and for evangelism.
If u don't want to pay the tithe so be it n on judgement day, we will see who answer the questions as to y u refused to pay ur tithe
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Babprosper20(m): 10:45pm On Nov 02, 2014
Lets all just pray to GOD to give us the true understanding of his word, instead of being here argueing like pegans; for christ sake we are christains and are suppose to follow one doctrine like in days past, but now the more we get different churches, the more doctrines are forned day by day
THANKS< I HOPE YOU GUYZ UNDERSTANDS
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 10:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
Strange When tithing isn't scriptural in the NT grin
Aringon:

Bassey let me put it to u that, u do not say what u don't know. If u decide to play the piano without charges then good and well. There are so many pianoist, drummers, trumpeters are are being paid monthly. In my parish for example, the drummer and paionist are paid monthly salary, the church administrator is paid salary also. At every month, the parih renders the account and remit to the church HQTR the remaining which is used for the expansion of the church at the camp and for evangelism.
If u don't want to pay the tithe so be it n on judgement day, we will see who answer the questions as to y u refused to pay ur tithe
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by MadCow1: 10:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
jdilight:
There is a religious movement that believe that tithing is an old law that should be made away with the entrance of the new law of Christ. I will like to use this medium to bring to light a few things about tithe.

The law which we know came through Moses according to the word of God. This law many believe was made away with the entrance of Christ. But Jesus himself who understand the unchangeability of God declared, "I did not come to destroy the law but to fulfill it", "whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven". The spirit of God inspired the writer of Numbers to write, "God is not a man that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

THE ORIGIN OF TITHE

I want to let us know that before the law came into being, tithe has already being. Genesis 14:18 and 20, "Then Melchizedek King of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was the priest of God Most High". "And blessed be God Most High who has delivered your enemies into your hand." And he gave him a tithe of all.

Before the law came into being Abraham has given tithe. The question is, "how did Abraham came to know about tithe before it came into being?" God had called Abraham out from his land in order to use him as a means of bringing the savior into the world. To keep Abraham on track, God needed to bless Abraham. God made it clear to Abraham that he was going to bless him. This blessing was not going to come the way the people arround Abraham were getting theirs. It was going to come through spiritual principles. The last principle of the wealth God promised Abraham was Tithing.

Abraham without prior knowledge of tithe, gave tithe. Abraham was the first person that gave tithe.

Nice write up, but filled with mixed up stories to support lies..

I will only drop one line here and take you on in a debate should you choose to challenge it..

Abrahams offering g to the king was not a tithe cos you can only pay tithes from the works of your hands and from crops and livestock.. You can't pay tithe with spoils of war.

I can expand more on the reason why Abrahams gift is not a tithe.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 11:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
You are fooling yourself, the only people receive the tithing blessings are prosperity preachers. These preachers now say tithing is NT doctrine. Christians are not under the OT law.{Torah} We are now under the law of Christ. In the OT God had poured out his blessings yearly on the Levi priest the poor and the needy. So could you point out where in the O/Testament tithing was changed from bringing your food into the storehouse, to feed the levi priest, the poor, the widow's, the fatherless, the strangers, and the hungry. And where does it say in "YOUR" bible, tithes is now "Money," Many use the scripture of Mal 3 you are cursed with a curse if you don't bring your tithes into the storehouse, but it still don't prefer to money? And yet in the O/Testament tithing was set up as food to feed the needy.{Here comes the twist} Now the poor, the widow's, the fatherless, the strangers, and the hungry. are now forced to pay tithes, given the words from these preachers, if you don't pay you will be cursed with a curse. So could you clear this up? So us Non-tithers, can see if we are following that same doctrine in the N/Testament And to make it clear for you. We non-tithers have no problem in giving.
ayo4dworld:
God help us! I dont know why Christians find it difficult to give. I am yet to find a place in the bible that talks about Christians not to pay tithe (pls share if you have any scripture in mind).

The Scriptures can not be interpreted with wordly wisdom, neither can it be understood if the HolySpirit did not guide you through. Nobody is forcing anyone to pay tithe, if you are not conviced, don't pay, read and study the bible on tithing, then pay if you are convinced. It's not your duty to confuse people not to pay tithes because you are not convinced paying tithes. 10% is not too much for God, and the 10% will not make you die before the end of the month.

You are expected to pay 10% of your increase/income. I don't expect a person that doesnt work/ have business/have not received any gifts to pay tithe like the OP has said.

God does not need your money, it is His house that needs it. Moreover, if you don't give you are only dealing with your self, u don't expect d blessings of tithes to work for you when you don't pay it

3 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by nora544: 11:26pm On Nov 02, 2014
Aringon:

My father played the piano very long in the church and he never get paid, so did the drummer and the piano player not have an other job.
To play the piano in the church it is your time you give to God.

I never hear that piano player get money when they play on sunday in the church in my country.
I know many of them and all have a job some teach music.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by boxer022(m): 11:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
WinsomeX:
So we should tithe because Abraham tithed. But Abraham did a lot more things that are not binding on Christians today.

Abraham circumcised his sons. Christians are not bound to be circumcised today. Acts 15, Galatians 5.

Abraham offered burnt offerings. No Christian
does that today.

Abraham was polygamous. Christians are not.

Abraham fought wars. Christians do not necessarily fight wars.

And, lastly here, Abraham gave a tithe once from war spoils. Should Christians do the same?

As for Jesus fulfilling the law. If the law is fulfilled, what is left to be done in it? Why would Christ fulfill all the law and leave only that of tithing for Christians to fulfill?

Please attempt my questions.
If you read the Bible very well concerning tithing you will see the blessing associated with it. Abraham being the father of faith obeyed God by tithing. Talking about Abraham circumcising his sons and himself, God gave it as a command to him that all male children born to him are to circumcised on the eight day. In the world today, circumcision is still going on. If you doubt me ask any igbo man. The Bible made it clear that whoever is a male and is not circumsised will not enter into any gathering of God's children. Talking about offering burnt offering to God, Abraham was a Jew and did according to the instructions which God gave to him. In the world today burnt sacifices are still being made to that same God that called Abraham, his son Isaac and grand son Jacob. Jesus Christ our saviour who came on earth to die for our sins made it clear that he did not come to do away with any law of God rather to fulfill them. I will like to ask you a question, you said since Christ came to fulfill the laws of God and for that there is no other law, do you steal, or commit adultery or kill? If your answer is no, I will like to know why because as you said Christ has fulfilled the law and thereis no other one left,you should have been at liberty to do things anyhow you mind not minding. I will like you to know that Jesus Christ did not come to earth to cancel his father's law athe both of them are one. Christ said that no one can go to his father except through him. This shows that Father and Son are at peace.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by ican2020: 12:25am On Nov 03, 2014
jdilight:
There is a religious movement that believe that tithing is an old law that should be made away with the entrance of the new law of Christ. I will like to use this medium to bring to light a few things about tithe.

The law which we know came through Moses according to the word of God. This law many believe was made away with the entrance of Christ. But Jesus himself who understand the unchangeability of God declared, "I did not come to destroy the law but to fulfill it", "whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven". The spirit of God inspired the writer of Numbers to write, "God is not a man that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

THE ORIGIN OF TITHE

I want to let us know that before the law came into being, tithe has already being. Genesis 14:18 and 20, "Then Melchizedek King of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was the priest of God Most High". "And blessed be God Most High who has delivered your enemies into your hand." And he gave him a tithe of all.

Before the law came into being Abraham has given tithe. The question is, "how did Abraham came to know about tithe before it came into being?" God had called Abraham out from his land in order to use him as a means of bringing the savior into the world. To keep Abraham on track, God needed to bless Abraham. God made it clear to Abraham that he was going to bless him. This blessing was not going to come the way the people arround Abraham were getting theirs. It was going to come through spiritual principles. The last principle of the wealth God promised Abraham was Tithing.

Abraham without prior knowledge of tithe, gave tithe. Abraham was the first person that gave tithe.

[size=15pt]If you must pay tithe,
Who will you pay it to?
Read Rev 1 vs 6
Where is God's house?
Inside you or house made with hands
Read the whole of Galatians chapter 3 to chapter 5
And stop living in the past and bringing unnecessary problem to oneself[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by ican2020: 12:35am On Nov 03, 2014
WinsomeX:
So we should tithe because Abraham tithed. But Abraham did a lot more things that are not binding on Christians today.

Abraham circumcised his sons. Christians are not bound to be circumcised today. Acts 15, Galatians 5.

Abraham offered burnt offerings. No Christian
does that today.

Abraham was polygamous. Christians are not.

Abraham fought wars. Christians do not necessarily fight wars.

And, lastly here, Abraham gave a tithe once from war spoils. Should Christians do the same?

As for Jesus fulfilling the law. If the law is fulfilled, what is left to be done in it? Why would Christ fulfill all the law and leave only that of tithing for Christians to fulfill?

Please attempt my questions.

Thank God will have great minds that can indeed read their Bibles and understand our position in Christ.
Rev 1 vs 6 shows us who we are in Christ.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by ican2020: 12:51am On Nov 03, 2014
boxer022:
If you read the Bible very well concerning tithing you will see the blessing associated with it. Abraham being the father of faith obeyed God by tithing. Talking about Abraham circumcising his sons and himself, God gave it as a command to him that all male children born to him are to circumcised on the eight day. In the world today, circumcision is still going on. If you doubt me ask any igbo man. The Bible made it clear that whoever is a male and is not circumsised will not enter into any gathering of God's children. Talking about offering burnt offering to God, Abraham was a Jew and did according to the instructions which God gave to him. In the world today burnt sacifices are still being made to that same God that called Abraham, his son Isaac and grand son Jacob. Jesus Christ our saviour who came on earth to die for our sins made it clear that he did not come to do away with any law of God rather to fulfill them. I will like to ask you a question, you said since Christ came to fulfill the laws of God and for that there is no other law, do you steal, or commit adultery or kill? If your answer is no, I will like to know why because as you said Christ has fulfilled the law and thereis no other one left,you should have been at liberty to do things anyhow you mind not minding. I will like you to know that Jesus Christ did not come to earth to cancel his father's law athe both of them are one. Christ said that no one can go to his father except through him. This shows that Father and Son are at peace.

Separate man's philo from God's way
See this: Roman 4 vs 25
"Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification"
All you have to do as man or woman is to accept Christ as your Lord and Saviour.
Ones you do that, you will be translated into life from death.
Christ has taken away our offense (ones will accept him) and we are now justified (not guilty any more).
Is this not wonderful?

Is good to read our Bible daily to know who we are in God and God's plan for us all

2 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 1:58am On Nov 03, 2014
I have something for you. There are 613 laws back in the old testament and since tithing was a sin offering. I can name just a few, Genesis 17: 10-12, This is My covenant which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you; Every male child among you shall be circumcised; and you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between Me and you.
Deuteronomy 21:18-21, if a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or his mother V's 19, his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of the city V's 20 the parents would complain about their son V's 21 all the men shall stone the son to death with stones so or Israel shall hear and fear.
Leviticus 20:9-10, For anyone who curses his father and mother shall surely be put to death. V's 10, The man who commits adultery with another man's wife, shall surly be put to death. Jesus {fulfilled} changed this law as well. Look up John 8:3-7, When the woman was caught in the very act of committing adultery. Those who don't sin cast the first stone.
Leviticus 19:27-28 You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor disfigure the edges of your beard. V's 28, You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you. V's 30, You must keep my Sabbaths.
Leviticus 4:34-35 The priest shall take some of the blood of the sin offings with his finger, put it on the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and pour the remaining blood at the base. V's 35, He shall remove all its fat, as the fat of a lamb is removed from the sacrifice of the peace offering. Then the priest shall burn it on the altar, according to the offerings made by fire to the lord So the priest shall make atonement for his sin that he has committed and it shall be forgiven him.
Leviticus 16-30, For on that day the priest shall make atonement for you, to cleanse you, that you maybe clean from all sins before the lord. We don't seem to follow those laws any more, "do we." Why? Because Jesus came to fulfil the law, changing the O/Testament covenant laws under God, to the N/testament covenant laws under Christ. So theirs many scriptures from the OT to the NT, that are the same, But through Jesus they are handle"d a different way. No-one stones his son/daughter because of disobedience, anymore. do they.
Galatians 3-10-14, For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the 'LAW" V's 11, But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident", for "the just shall live by faith."V's 12, YET THE LAW IS NOT OF FAITH, but the man who does then shall live by them. V's 13, CHRIST HAS REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW, having become a curse for us. That the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the spirit through faith..
Hebrews 10:5-12 Therefore. when He came into the world, He said: Sacrifice and offering You did not desire. But a body You have prepared for me. V's 6, In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You had no pleasure. V's 7, Then I said: "Behold, I have come-In the volume of the book, it is written of me-to do your will, O God,' "V's 8, Previously saying, "Sacrifice and offering, Burnt offerings, and offerings for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure in them" {Which is offered according to the law}.V's 9, Then he said: "behold, I have come to do your will O God," He takes away the first {covenant} that he may establish the second {covenant} V's 10, By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ-once for all.
V's 11, And every "PRIEST" stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same Sacrifices, which can never take away sins. V's 12, Jesus had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God.
Jesus said: he came to fulfil the law, In John 8:3-7, the scribes and Pharisees brought to him a woman caught in adultery. V's 4, they said: to Jesus. "Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. V's 5, Now Moses, in the "LAW" commanded us that such should be stoned, But what do you say?" V's 6, But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground, V'S 7, So when they continued asking him, He raised himself up and said: to them, He who is with out sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.
So there it is, "Evidence" Jesus had fulfilled the law.
boxer022:
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 5:42am On Nov 03, 2014
Theirs a good scripture to this, in Matthew 17;24-26, Those who received the temple tax {tithes} said: to Peter "Does your teacher not pay the temple tax. V's 25, Peter answered and said: yes" Jesus asked Peter saying "What do you think. Simon? From whom do the Kings of the earth take customs or Taxes, from their own sons or from strangers? Peter said: from strangers. Jesus said: to him, Then the sons are free.
foxychev:
Cut the crap please. God's kingdom is about father and children. Have you ever seen a prince or princess paying taxes to the king?
Tithing is not meant for christians.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 5:47am On Nov 03, 2014
We are the seeds by faith, not by tithing. We are sharing the same blessing through faith, not by tithing. And Abraham didn't become rich from the spoils of war. Genesis 14: 23 that I will take nothing, from a tread to a sandal strap and that I will not take anything that is yours, lest you should say, "I have made Abram rich..And why Jesus didn't mention the tithing in the NT, Because he had changed the old covenant to the NT covenant..
daniwealth:

My dear,Tithing is not bribe is a scriptural principle,is True Jesus never talked about Tithe,but we are made to understand that we are seed and descendants of Abraham,Abraham was the first to pay tithe and that was the secret of the wealth and Riches of Abraham,so we need to follow in that pattern to enjoy the same blessings of Abraham.is stingyness that makes some people speak against tithe,giving 10% of my Increase and keeping 90% for myself,wont make me Poor.those tithe are used to finnance and Funds the Church.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by morbid: 7:23am On Nov 03, 2014
The most informative thread I've come across
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by mbulela: 8:22am On Nov 03, 2014
Aringon:

don't want to pay the tithe so be it n on judgement day, we will see who answer the questions as to y u refused to pay ur tithe

There will be no such question on judgement day.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by dein77(m): 8:40am On Nov 03, 2014
This tithe issue has been over-flogged. When shall we spend quality time to discuss more important matters like giving, love, mercy, etc?

Nobody will ever make it to heaven or hell because they paid or didn't pay their tithes!

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by PastorKun(m): 8:48am On Nov 03, 2014
Opengates:

Are you really a Pastor

Just asking...

It's not every pastor that twists God's word for money. There are still some that haven't bowed to mamon.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by StepG: 8:51am On Nov 03, 2014
Liekiller:
Let me make a suggestion: use your heart and common sense. Maybe also ASK YOURSELF WHAT JESUS WOULD HAVE DONE. Conclusion: pay school fees for a poor kid instead of making a scam pastor richer. Bring your Xmas goat to a poor family instead of to a rich pastor. Help the homeless get a home instead of financing yet another private jet for a scam pastor. Wouldn't that be the true Christian spirit?!??
while I will agree with you on this,you must to know that thith is an obligation you still do your charity if you like at the same time bring your tenth for God otherwise malachi says you are robbing God.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 03, 2014
jdilight:

THE ORIGIN OF TITHE

First of all, what is a Tithe?

A tithe is one tenth of annual produce or earnings.

What Abraham gave was one tenth of Spoils of war. Moreso Melchizedek was a representative of True worship to God. It was a very common custom at that time to give one tenth of whatever you have to whatever god you worshiped.

Now in the days of the Israelite when God made that Law, he specifically asked that the Israelite to give one tenth of what they had as Tithe to the Temple. The reason was because the Temple had expenses that needed to be covered. The Priests who were devoted to service in the Temple had to have an upkeep. Maintenance on the Temple has to be constantly done. For a central Location of worship in a city like Israel in those day, you would quite agree that huge costs were involved in running the Temple. To help cover that cost, God instituted the tithe. The tithe had a very specific purpose. The Tithe was not an atonement for sin. It was neither a precursor to a blessing. Rather it was a responsibility that every Israelite had in relation to their commitment to the Temple. Remember that the priests did no other work apart from the Temple work

Today, we no longer worship at a temple. Therefore we no longer need the Tithe. Infact the Bible makes clear that each one should give according to what he has concluded in his heart and that it should be given cheerfully for God loves a cheerful giver.

If there is any church that stipulates that Tithing is mandatory, that church is only preying on the ignorance of its members. Tithe is no longer required in service to God.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by duni04(m): 9:09am On Nov 03, 2014
boxer022:
These pastors are making so much money from your ignorance. You really need to study your bible cos you definitely don't know what you're talking about.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by xest(m): 10:30am On Nov 03, 2014
It seems u r one of the so called pastors that milked people in the name of tithing. If tithing is part of the law,why is the pastors emphasising on it so much and leaving the others or are the others not laws too?. They make tithing mandatory which is not suppose to be. Even Christ Jesus said it clear in Matthew 23:23 that the wealthier matter of the law which is showing mercy,being faithful and being fair. This is to show u that they r more important than tithing. If christ has fulfilled all the laws,why the fuss about tithing.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by boxer022(m): 10:44am On Nov 03, 2014
brocab:
I have something for you. There are 613 laws back in the old testament and since tithing was a sin offering. I can name just a few, Genesis 17: 10-12, This is My covenant which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you; Every male child among you shall be circumcised; and you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between Me and you.
Deuteronomy 21:18-21, if a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or his mother V's 19, his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of the city V's 20 the parents would complain about their son V's 21 all the men shall stone the son to death with stones so or Israel shall hear and fear.
Leviticus 20:9-10, For anyone who curses his father and mother shall surely be put to death. V's 10, The man who commits adultery with another man's wife, shall surly be put to death. Jesus {fulfilled} changed this law as well. Look up John 8:3-7, When the woman was caught in the very act of committing adultery. Those who don't sin cast the first stone.
Leviticus 19:27-28 You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor disfigure the edges of your beard. V's 28, You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you. V's 30, You must keep my Sabbaths.
Leviticus 4:34-35 The priest shall take some of the blood of the sin offings with his finger, put it on the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and pour the remaining blood at the base. V's 35, He shall remove all its fat, as the fat of a lamb is removed from the sacrifice of the peace offering. Then the priest shall burn it on the altar, according to the offerings made by fire to the lord So the priest shall make atonement for his sin that he has committed and it shall be forgiven him.
Leviticus 16-30, For on that day the priest shall make atonement for you, to cleanse you, that you maybe clean from all sins before the lord. We don't seem to follow those laws any more, "do we." Why? Because Jesus came to fulfil the law, changing the O/Testament covenant laws under God, to the N/testament covenant laws under Christ. So theirs many scriptures from the OT to the NT, that are the same, But through Jesus they are handle"d a different way. No-one stones his son/daughter because of disobedience, anymore. do they.
Galatians 3-10-14, For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the 'LAW" V's 11, But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident", for "the just shall live by faith."V's 12, YET THE LAW IS NOT OF FAITH, but the man who does then shall live by them. V's 13, CHRIST HAS REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW, having become a curse for us. That the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the spirit through faith..
Hebrews 10:5-12 Therefore. when He came into the world, He said: Sacrifice and offering You did not desire. But a body You have prepared for me. V's 6, In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You had no pleasure. V's 7, Then I said: "Behold, I have come-In the volume of the book, it is written of me-to do your will, O God,' "V's 8, Previously saying, "Sacrifice and offering, Burnt offerings, and offerings for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure in them" {Which is offered according to the law}.V's 9, Then he said: "behold, I have come to do your will O God," He takes away the first {covenant} that he may establish the second {covenant} V's 10, By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ-once for all.
V's 11, And every "PRIEST" stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same Sacrifices, which can never take away sins. V's 12, Jesus had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God.
Jesus said: he came to fulfil the law, In John 8:3-7, the scribes and Pharisees brought to him a woman caught in adultery. V's 4, they said: to Jesus. "Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. V's 5, Now Moses, in the "LAW" commanded us that such should be stoned, But what do you say?" V's 6, But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground, V'S 7, So when they continued asking him, He raised himself up and said: to them, He who is with out sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.
So there it is, "Evidence" Jesus had fulfilled the law.
What you are saying is that since Christ came to do away with the laws his father gave to His people. Which means that God and His Son Jesus are in enemity or they do not agree. God said inm the Bible that before he says any word, that word is refined seven times by him. God also that instead of any of his words which He spoke not to be fulfilled, Heaven and Earth should pass away. Talking of Sabbath, the same bible said that Jesus Christ is the Lord of Sabbath. All of the laws which God gave in the Bible, He said that they will be to the end of time. Christ been the Son of God cannot come and or do away with His Father's laws, as Christ and his Father are at peace
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by daniwealth(m): 12:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
brocab:
We are the seeds by faith, not by tithing. We are sharing the same blessing through faith, not by tithing. And Abraham didn't become rich from the spoils of war. Genesis 14: 23 that I will take nothing, from a tread to a sandal strap and that I will not take anything that is yours, lest you should say, "I have made Abram rich..And why Jesus didn't mention the tithing in the NT, Because he had changed the old covenant to the NT covenant..
My Dear been Abraham seed by faith,we should do,the same as he did,
His wealth and greatness were all traceable to Tithing.I dont care,what people say about Tithing,i will always give it...10% from my Income to give in God Work wont make me Poor.No pastor taught me how to Tithe,it was a revalation from the scripture and is Working for me.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by daniwealth(m): 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2014
dein77:
This tithe issue has been over-flogged. When shall we spend quality time to discuss more important matters like giving, love, mercy, etc?

Nobody will ever make it to heaven or hell because they paid or didn't pay their tithes!
Tithe wont take you to heaven or hell.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by dein77(m): 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2014
daniwealth:

Tithe wont take you to heaven or hell.

Simple.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by fridayj(m): 1:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
Wait, can tithe be paid only in money, what about lik u hav ten cloths an one as tithe, housez, cars,phone,animal, shoes an all possess material to the worst of all trogh children... cheesy
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by thegoodone2(m): 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
actualy I dont support tithing but the way things is going in Nigeria we christain need to pay tith. I pray our leader (pastors) should not disappoint us when we need them. If war start in Nigeria to day and is bw us and 2faith who will finance that war? 2faith has b saving toward that. Abuja 1989 if i may right.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by nannymcphee(f): 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
daniwealth:

My Dear been Abraham seed by faith,we should do,the same as he did

With all due respect sir, since you're Abraham's seed by faith & you must act the same way, kindly do the following:

1. start an affair with your maid with the consent of your wife(if married)or mother(if unmarried)

2. drive the said maid if & when she becomes unruly

3. Offer burnt sacrifices to God almighty, infact you should display ur love for God by tying up your child on alter, attempt to stab him/her(don't worry God will speak out)

His wealth and greatness were all traceable to Tithing

Sir, Abraham's wealth/greatness came as a result of the covenant & not the tithing

I earnestly wait for the results of the 3steps I outlined above

4 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Amondayweh: 3:48pm On Nov 03, 2014
pls mr jisilight read romans 10vs4. ask ursef whc law did christ end.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"Shepherd Bushiri 'Heals' Lady With HIV During Church Service" - Prophet Claims / Bat Sent From The Village To Our Home Hangs Dead On Our Electric Pole / Why Pastor Adeboye Sat On Royal Chair – Olugbon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.