Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Understanding The Concept of Tithing - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding The Concept of Tithing (37110 Views)

The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 02, 2014
Pyrrho:
I was told that all of the Church money(tithes, offerings, properties, donations...) is banked in his name. How true is this?
ofcourse thats a lie .
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 02, 2014
Liability:
most of my money is with bishop oyedepo.

Please how do i collect it back, because i realised he is amassing wealth for himself and his childrem.

Help!
did you write any cheque in his name ? if you did we can help you in court.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Goshen360(m): 11:40am On Nov 02, 2014
Today's tithe collected in the name of God is nothing but falsehood and religious fraud. It doesn't stand the truth of sound doctrine and has been proven man-made. People of God, sit down and study the word for yourself and question this practices. How come you have been paying tithe but you still struggling financially like any other man? You pay tithe but you still counted as middle class and can't afford to pay the tuition for these religious higher institution for your children?

I thought they said Malachi opens the windows of heaven and pour you out blessings that there will not be room to contain such blessings. It's either that verse is lying or someone twisting that verse to fraud people. I challenge all tithe advocates to produce evidence of Malachi 3 and I challenge every one who had been wrongly taught the falsehood of tithe to return and study the subject - It doesn't take you but a week to get all the tithe scriptures together and study them in context.

6 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Kay17: 11:40am On Nov 02, 2014
What surprises an outsider like me, is the justification for trying to give to an omnipotent being. It is hardly comprehensible, to provide for the Being supposedly responsible for the Universe. Tithe is also tied to this idea of a "quid pro quo." Sounds too capitalist.

7 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by zurine(f): 11:42am On Nov 02, 2014
wow
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 02, 2014
Lol...

But why does this tithe topic always come up on first Sundays of the month?

I don't know the intention of the OP but I've learned a lot on this thread.

Someone asked, what would Jesus have done? I think this should be a control question in everything we do.

Do you think Jesus would pass the begger, the homeless, the motherless, etc and mindlessly walk into a church built with gold to give 10% of his earnings to a man who could afford 3 square meal just to fulfill some heavily influenced old testament law?

If you think so, happily pay your tithe.

But if you think he would rather give shelter to the homeless, clothes to the naked etc, then channel your tithe in that direction.

Whatever turns you on.

Personally, I used to pay my tithe. I did cause I felt obliged to do so. It does not really affect me much financially so why not? But then I still have not felt the kind of inner joy I felt on the Valentine day of 2012 when I went out of my way to put smiles on the faces of some motherless kids.

Brothers, I think I have just realised what turns me on. And I believe it's all clearly spelt out. Jesus was an advocate of giving, not grudgingly, not cause of one law out there; but willingly and cheerfully. He was a propeller of the concept of widow's might. He did not leave any stone unturned, he did not forget some things. He said all he wanted to say. Though we have chosen to hear only what we want to hear.

I was about to go to church this morning and do the 'necessary'. That was before I came across this thread. I can't wait to go out there in search of the one who really needs my doe. I'm willing to spend exactly that 10% but in a more fulfilling way. It's not by chance I came across this thread. I think it's all planned out by God. The OP is God sent and someone's prayer is about to be answered today. I pray God leads me right as I go in search of the needy.

Op, thanks a million times. God really works in mysterious ways. He has spoken to me and I have listened.

Happy Sunday All!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Johnbosco77(m): 11:46am On Nov 02, 2014
since tightin is 10& of ur increase, how would a worker earning 45k a month knw his increase?

3 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by asala1: 11:49am On Nov 02, 2014
The poster ran a way cause he knew he has bitten more than he could chew. I am sure he didn't have the prior knowledge that, the tithe issue is like a time bomb especially on nairaland- don't dare go there.

7 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 02, 2014
Liekiller:

so do the churches regularly help the poor directly? I more often see them building schools that - again - only the rich can afford, and not providing free quality education for those who actually couldn't afford education at all. If anything. But that's not really my point anyway. My point is that I strongly believe that all this money should be used in a more sensible way. And it wouldn't hurt most of us to do some good personally instead of turning a blind eye and delegating the good-doing. This matter should not be about endless and pointless quote wars. Simply put, I want the next person who has an Xmas ram to give away to bring it to someone living under a bridge rather than to a pastor who doesn't need it and already has been given 10 others! I would also like to see self-proclaimed good Christians lend a helping hand to abandoned "witch children" whose suffering was caused by nonsensical teachings. Or how about inviting a cripple on the street to Xmas dinner and listening to the story of his life? I would like to see people THINK and use their heart, and remember what should be the true essence of Christian belief.
do the tithers not do many of these , we only see the ill side because the society has made it so . it is very normal for a pastor to perhaps have thousands of gifts during xmas considering the number of his followers maybe .... what matters most is what he does with those gift . do you think a pastor can wear all the clothes he gets in a year or drive all the cars he may get . My dear everyone to his belief , the fact that people give to their pastors in diverse ways does not mean they dont help the poor . There will always be poor amongst us , the bible made it clear ... the poor will keep coming. if these pastors start saying how they have helped the poor . it is still folks like you that will say they are showing off ... you cannot please everyone , thats why not every one recieved the apostles even after the appearance of jesus .
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Nctrice(m): 11:56am On Nov 02, 2014
patrickmuf:
This is what I hate about Christianity... Selectivity is the main practice... Tithing is not old testament but sacrificing lambs is, the passage that admonishes women not to put on a man's garment is old testament... They select what to believe so as to propagate their senseless message...
I still won't tithe until i'm certain it's a command from God...
if only Muslims can be as selective as Christians I believe the issue of islamic extremism, islamic radicalism and/or islamic Terrorism would not be on the front burner in our world today!

3 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
Goshen360:
Today's tithe collected in the name of God is nothing but falsehood and religious fraud. It doesn't stand the truth of sound doctrine and has been proven man-made. People of God, sit down and study the word for yourself and question this practices. How come you have been paying tithe but you still struggling financially like any other man? You pay tithe but you still counted as middle class and can't afford to pay the tuition for these religious higher institution for your children?

I thought they said Malachi opens the windows of heaven and pour you out blessings that there will not be room to contain such blessings. It's either that verse is lying or someone twisting that verse to fraud people. I challenge all tithe advocates to produce evidence of Malachi 3 and I challenge every one who had been wrongly taught the falsehood of tithe to return and study the subject - It doesn't take you but a week to get all the tithe scriptures together and study them in context.
the bible never said ,live in sin , pay your tithe to make the heavens open upon you . thats the mentality majority carry as long as I pay my tithe this and that will not happen . Giving and living rightly is key to his blessings.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by heykims(m): 12:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
jdilight:
CAN YOUR 10% OF YOUR INCREASE MAKE YOU POOR?

No, but it can transform our supposed men of God to JET-MEN overnight. Oyedepo baba! twale o!!

4 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Goshen360(m): 12:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
If you or anyone wants to follow the law of tithing, here are some of them:

New International Version
You must not eat in your own towns the tithe of your grain and new wine and olive oil, or the firstborn of your herds and flocks, or whatever you have vowed to give, or your freewill offerings or special gifts.
Deuteronomy 12:17

Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the LORD your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the LORD your God always.
Deuteronomy 14:23

When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied.
Deuteronomy 26:12

Ask yourself questions from the above verses:

Does your lie speaking tithe pastor ever told you to EAT YOUR TITHE? Has he ever told you to have a tithe break, give it to Levites...if they still exist, give to foreigners, fatherless and widows? Do you see the content of tithe in all these verses? Do you see "tithe of your money"? God's tithe are defined in His word.....study to show yourself approved unto God.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
sylve11:

U have not seen, well, let me forgive u on dat. cool
and those are the hungry pastors , we dont even hear about their ministries.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Liekiller(f): 12:07pm On Nov 02, 2014
GozieDiora:
Lol...

But why does this tithe topic always come up on first Sundays of the month?

I don't know the intention of the OP but I've learned a lot on this thread.

Someone asked, what would Jesus have done? I think this should be a control question in everything we do.

Do you think Jesus would pass the begger, the homeless, the motherless, etc and mindlessly walk into a church built with gold to give 10% of his earnings to a man who could afford 3 square meal just to fulfill some heavily influenced old testament law?

If you think so, happily pay your tithe.

But if you think he would rather give shelter to the homeless, clothes to the naked etc, then channel your tithe in that direction.

Whatever turns you on.

Personally, I used to pay my tithe. I did cause I felt obliged to do so. It does not really affect me much financially so why not? But then I still have not felt the kind of inner joy I felt on the Valentine day of 2012 when I went out of my way to put smiles on the faces of some motherless kids.

Brothers, I think I have just realised what turns me on. And I believe it's all clearly spelt out. Jesus was an advocate of giving, not grudgingly, not cause of one law out there; but willingly and cheerfully. He was a propeller of the concept of widow's might. He did not leave any stone unturned, he did not forget some things. He said all he wanted to say. Though we have chosen to hear only what we want to hear.

I was about to go to church this morning and do the 'necessary'. That was before I came across this thread. I can't wait to go out there in search for the one who really needs my doe. I'm willing to spend exactly that 10% but in a more fulfilling way. It's not by chance I came across this thread. I think it's all planned out by God. The OP is God sent and someone's prayer is about to be answered today. I pray God leads me right as I go in search of the needy.

Op, thsnks a million times. God really works in mysterious ways. He has spoken to me and I have listened.

Happy Sunday All!

May more follow you, sir. Imagine the change we can bring to individuals and the whole society if this is the example we follow. Happy sunday to you !

6 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by adesloop: 12:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
Delete this thread. The bible is wrongful interpreted
Thx

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 02, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]This is not a fiction. It is what really happened to me personally. This is my personal testimony about tithe. You know what? What a man doesnt believe in cannot work for him. I have been a tithe giver for sometimes now. Though I stop paying tithe at a point, but praise God I have gone back to paying it because it worked for me.

Some months ago, I was seriously ill for days, such that I could not get out of bed. I was taken to both private and public teaching hospital, all to no avail. the doctor at the teaching hospital could not diagnose my illness, while seriously ill and looking like I was dying. Note that I consulted different doctors. All the drugs prescribed were not helping at all. My people would only come back from work and check me on my sick bed, day after day.

One of the doctor at the teaching hospital personally made me to understand that my ailment was spiritual and not what medicine can do. He asked me, "what church do you attend?" "Redeemed I answered". He continue to tell me that there is a name. It is the name of God. The name is called "heuw". And that if I can pronounce that name "heuw" my sickness would go. I refused. Again seeing that I refused to yield, he asked me again. Because he new that I'm a yoruba man and it was in PH . "Do you know Ijebu people?" "Try visit them, they will help you with some spiritual help". I refused to answer him.

One day while I was agonizing on my sick bed, with serious, deep and fast breathing as if somebody was standing on my chest pumping it (I new some spirits were at work). And because the sickness was too much for me to bear, I started crying and praying at the same time.

Now hear the way I prayed. "Lord, you said that you will not test me with any plague of egypt. You said you will rebuke devourer for my sake if I pay my tithe. For these years I have been paying my tithe and i can pat my chest and be bold to tell You that I do not owe you any unpaid tithe. I know that i am not perfect, but as regards tithing, i am perfect because I pay tithe of every money that comes into my hand".

I was shedding tears profusely. All of a sudden (after around fifteen minutes of weeping and praying) a powerful strength came from no where and entered my body. And immediately and instantaneously I felt wellness in my body. This was me that could not stand up a minute ago. I stood up immediately. It was like a miracle(indeed it was). I jumped up severally to be really sure of what was happening to me. I lied down and I did press-up exercise severally. My joy witnessed no bound that evening. I marched straight to the sitting room. I saw my neighbours watching football match. I paraded myself before them shouting "I am healed praise God" " I am healed halleluyah" and jumping up and down and doing press-up as a proof of my healing. Low and behold they all looked at me with awe, not knowing what to say because they were surprised.

That was how the sickness that confined me to bed for complete six days, unable to do anything disappear without using drugs.

If you pay your tithe in obedience to the word of god, it is for your own good. A day will come that the tithe will speak for you, sooner of later. Something may not happen immediately now. But because you are ordinary human being, you cannot see into the future. If you were able to see into the future, you would love to pay more than tithe.

That is my own experience about what tithe can do. You may disapprove it if you like. The bible says whoever knows to do good, let him continue and whoever knows to do bad let him continue because a day will com when I will put a distinction between the two of them. That will be when your good will be supposed to speak for you.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Goshen360(m): 12:10pm On Nov 02, 2014
majekdom2:
the bible never said ,live in sin , pay your tithe to make the heavens open upon you . thats the mentality majority carry as long as I pay my tithe this and that will not happen . Giving and living rightly is key to his blessings.

The sins of believers are judged on Christ and Christ is not coming the second time for sins of believers if we sin. This is not to mean we make a continuous practice of sin. Giving is part of believers' new nature, not the law tithing. We, believers are not giving just because we want God to bless us, we give because we're already blessed and also in Christ. When people give in order to make blessings happen, that's works of the the law and that's why, the more people do that, the more they are fallen from Grace.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 02, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]This is not a fiction. It is what really happened to me personally. This is my personal testimony about tithe. You know what? What a man doesnt believe in cannot work for him. I have been a tithe giver for sometimes now. Though I stop paying tithe at a point, but praise God I have gone back to paying it because it worked for me.

Some months ago, I was seriously ill for days, such that I could not get out of bed. I was taken to both private and public teaching hospital, all to no avail. the doctor at the teaching hospital could not diagnose my illness, while seriously ill and looking like I was dying. Note that I consulted different doctors. All the drugs prescribed were not helping at all. My people would only come back from work and check me on my sick bed, day after day.

One of the doctor at the teaching hospital personally made me to understand that my ailment was spiritual and not what medicine can do. He asked me, "what church do you attend?" "Redeemed I answered". He continue to tell me that there is a name. It is the name of God. The name is called "heuw". And that if I can pronounce that name "heuw" my sickness would go. I refused. Again seeing that I refused to yield, he asked me again. Because he new that I'm a yoruba man and it was in PH . "Do you know Ijebu people?" "Try visit them, they will help you with some spiritual help". I refused to answer him. I was thinking " oh no, this man is trying to nitiate me by calling one name".

One day while I was agonizing on my sick bed, with serious, deep and fast breathing as if somebody was standing on my chest pumping it (I new some spirits were at work). And because the sickness was too much for me to bear, I started crying and praying at the same time.

Now hear the way I prayed. "Lord, you said that you will not test me with any plague of egypt. You said you will rebuke devourer for my sake if I pay my tithe. For these years I have been paying my tithe and i can pat my chest and be bold to tell You that I do not owe you any unpaid tithe. I know that i am not perfect, but as regards tithing, i am perfect because I pay tithe of every money that comes into my hand".

I was shedding tears profusely. All of a sudden (after around fifteen minutes of weeping and praying) a powerful strength came from no where and entered my body. And immediately and instantaneously I felt wellness in my body. This was me that could not stand up a minute ago. I stood up immediately. It was like a miracle(indeed it was). I jumped up severally to be really sure of what was happening to me. I lied down and I did press-up exercise severally. My joy witnessed no bound that evening. I marched straight to the sitting room. I saw my neighbours watching football match. I paraded myself before them shouting "I am healed praise God" " I am healed halleluyah" and jumping up and down and doing press-up as a proof of my healing. Low and behold they all looked at me with awe, not knowing what to say because they were surprised.

That was how the sickness that confined me to bed for complete six days, unable to do anything disappear without using drugs.

If you pay your tithe in obedience to the word of god, it is for your own good. A day will come that the tithe will speak for you, sooner of later. Something may not happen immediately now. But because you are ordinary human being, you cannot see into the future. If you were able to see into the future, you would love to pay more than tithe.

That is my own experience about what tithe can do. You may disapprove it if you like. The bible says whoever knows to do good, let him continue and whoever knows to do bad let him continue because a day will com when I will put a distinction between the two of them. That will be when your good will be supposed to speak for you.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by heykims(m): 12:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
adesloop:
Delete this thread. The bible is wrongful interpreted
Thx

Theres a limit to which sheep can reason, i go come as shepherd to ds world next time o #jetthings
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by unmask: 12:28pm On Nov 02, 2014
Revelation 22:18-19 KJV

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

For those that pay more than the 10%

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by unmask: 12:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
louisinemo:

One of the doctor at the teaching hospital personally made me to understand that my ailment was spiritual and not what medicine can do. He asked me, "what church do you attend?" "Redeemed I answered". He continue to tell me that there is a name. It is the name of God. The name is called "heuw". And that if I can pronounce that name "heuw" my sickness would go. I refused. Again seeing that I refused to yield, he asked me again. Because he new that I'm a yoruba man and it was in PH . "Do you know Ijebu people?" "Try visit them, they will help you with some spiritual help". I refused to answer him. I was thinking " oh no, this man is trying to nitiate me by calling one name".

i rejoice with your healing, but if I am to be blunt with you, that is one of the worst prayers I have ever heard...... You didn't talk of how you served God, how you don't sin, how you have won souls for the kingdom of God, how you intend to work more for him by preaching in the most remote places...... You based your prayer on money, that is more insignificant to God than the lives of people are to book...

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
unmask:

i rejoice with your healing, but if I am to be blunt with you, that is one of the worst prayers I have ever heard...... You didn't talk of how you served God, how you don't sin, how you have won souls for the kingdom of God, how you intend to work more for him by preaching in the most remote places...... You based your prayer on money, that is more insignificant to God than the lives of people are to book...

Thank God it was not to you I prayed. Fulfilling God's commandment i am talking about here. On money? Did I ask God for money here? If man is GOD...

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by KriTic24A: 1:00pm On Nov 02, 2014
WinsomeX:
So we should tithe because Abraham tithed. But Abraham did a lot more things that are not binding on Christians today.

Abraham circumcised his sons. Christians are not bound to be circumcised today. Acts 15, Galatians 5.

Abraham offered burnt offerings. No Christian
does that today.

Abraham was polygamous. Christians are not.

Abraham fought wars. Christians do not necessarily fight wars.

And, lastly here, Abraham gave a tithe once from war spoils. Should Christians do the same?

As for Jesus fulfilling the law. If the law is fulfilled, what is left to be done in it? Why would Christ fulfill all the law and leave only that of tithing for Christians to fulfill?

Please attempt my questions.

Some comonsense at work!!!

4 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by scedescede(m): 1:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
Please roomates if the issue of tithing was not fully explained we should just go to the last book of the old testiment which is Malachi chapter 3 verse 8 to 12,as a christian what will you believe, is it what somebody said or explained wrongly or the WORD of God which God himself spoke himself through the word of His prophet and servant, Jesus said, I came not to change the law but to fulfil what was written in the law. If you say tithing is for the old testiment why is it in the Bible that God said I am the beignning and the end. Please the tithe is not an old school for the old school but also for this generation and unto the end, just obey God's word and it most be well with you
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by fortunejum: 1:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
For tithe payers, do you pay tithe from your basic salary alone or from salary and allowances?
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by patrickmuf(m): 1:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
Nctrice:
if only Muslims can be as selective as Christians I believe the issue of islamic extremism, islamic radicalism and/or islamic Terrorism would not be on the front burner in our world today!
Lmao Nick you sound like i'm a Muslim... Pls note my position hasn't changed about religion... Religion is a cage and I'm a free man, we don't align...
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Naigerian(m): 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2014
WinsomeX:
So we should tithe because Abraham tithed. But Abraham did a lot more things that are not binding on Christians today.

Abraham circumcised his sons. Christians are not bound to be circumcised today. Acts 15, Galatians 5.

Abraham offered burnt offerings. No Christian
does that today.

Abraham was polygamous. Christians are not.

Abraham fought wars. Christians do not necessarily fight wars.

And, lastly here, Abraham gave a tithe once from war spoils. Should Christians do the same?

As for Jesus fulfilling the law. If the law is fulfilled, what is left to be done in it? Why would Christ fulfill all the law and leave only that of tithing for Christians to fulfill?

Please attempt my questions.

Thank you.

Tithing is stale, the church just use it to enrich themmselves by appealing to the sanctimonious minds of the gullible.

3 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Trailblazer1(m): 1:26pm On Nov 02, 2014
Understanding the scriptures:

Is tithing a law or a principle?

Did tithing preceed the law?

Was tithing part of the law God gave to Moses?

Does the book of Malachi represent the Law?

Was the law given to prophet Malachi?

If you can satisfactorily answer all these, then you are on your way to knowing the TRUTH.

May the Lord give us understanding!
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by koikoi2(m): 1:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
This is one of my favorite topics. I keep educating ppl on tithing yet dey refuse to understand. Tithing is like putting a new wine in an old wineskin.

Col 2:14 Having cancelled and blotted out and wiped away the handwriting of the note (bond) with its legal decrees and demands which was in force and stood against us (hostile to us). This [note with its regulations, decrees, and demands] He set aside and cleared [j] completely out of our way by nailing it to [His] cross.

This passage clearly explains dat Jesus has canceled d old code and ordinances for us and has given us a new one.

Gal 5:18 But if you are guided (led) by the [Holy] Spirit, you are not subject to the Law.

We are not under d law of 10% tithing but under grace.

2 Corinth 9:6 [Remember] this: he who sows sparingly and grudgingly will also reap sparingly and grudgingly, and he who sows generously [ [a] that blessings may come to someone] will also reap generously and with blessings.

when u are under his grace and spirit u are free to sow to God willingly, not under compulsion of 10% tithe.

Matt 23:23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, pretenders (hypocrites)! For you give a tenth of your mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected and omitted the weightier (more important) matters of the Law--right and justice and mercy and fidelity. These you ought [particularly] to have done, without neglecting the others.

Woe to me if I give tithe but do not hv love for my neighbors. This is d position of most Christians. A pastor once preached dat it is wrong to give Ur tithe to d needy or destitute.
Be wise and sow to God bountifully . u can sow in d house of God or sow in d life of person in need.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Theultimate(m): 1:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
Just do as the Lord touches your mind.. but it really good to pay tax. Shalom!
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by emmygzy(m): 1:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
heykims:

No, but it can transform our supposed men of God to JET-MEN overnight. Oyedepo baba! twale o!!
guy nawa o. Abeg me self wan start church o and i need members. I dont want poor people as my church member so that tithe will be high. Im projecting that after one year i should be able to buy a jeep.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

May God Keep Daddy Adeboye. That Man Is A True Man Of God / Apostle Suleman: "Buying A 3rd Jet Doesn't Mean Owning 3 Jets" / Residents Worship In Their Burnt Church After Plateau Massacre. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.