Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! (22318 Views)

Opinion: The Boy-child Should Not Be Domestically-inclined Primarily / LOCK Your Spouse UP! A Cure For Domestically-Violent Partners!!! / Boy-child or Girl-child, does it matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by dstnd: 7:05pm On Nov 20, 2014
nomabeeee:
that's vry good.you learnt while you were still growing up.this is exactly how I want my son to turn out to be.lol
ehn mummy!if I hear!!!hisssssss
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Johnnoo(m): 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2014
Must a lady originate this sort of thread
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2014
cosmos4242:
I think cooking should nt be left for only females, I growth up with my mum, and wen I was coming up she told me am felling this nw as a punishments bt I ll understand it later, she taught me Hw to cook encase if I marry and if tell my wife to cook for me and she filling some Hw I should go to kitchen and make cooking and bring it to her, and to honestly it help me a lot, I can do my cooking without waiting for my woman, I think the work should nt be only leave for woman, I rest my cases.
why are u marketing yourself like this?
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Thinkr(m): 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2014
Una don start again grin well, I know how to cook pretty good and I enjoy doing that. But let's understand domestic chores are cultural role for female, even oyinbo sef never cry reach una naija girls on top this matter. Besides you girls should also teach ur daughters how to cut grasses, service generator, wash car etc. Don't leave it for the male alone.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by GoodFaith: 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2014
Mondisweets:
Dont expect NL guys to contribute on this thread unless in involves bashing women grin
Ok
U want my comment
Sorry I don't like to cook
I can cook some time but cooking is not for me
When u sit on that ride lawn mower and shovel the snow
We can talk

1 Like

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by iamord(m): 7:12pm On Nov 20, 2014
exthar87:

Why would I do one sided
Do u want my daughter to become a barbie doll

Correct babe. I met a babe that is a definition of Lazy. So annoying and not willing to learn. I smh when i see her cos she does not know what's in front of Her.she has become ugly and old to me .
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
GoodFaith:

Ok
U want my comment
Sorry I don't like to cook
I can cook some time but cooking is not for me
When u sit on that ride lawn mower and shovel the snow
We can talk
my dad taught me how to use a lawn mower when i was about 11. Then? undecided
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by hydeka: 7:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
laykorn:

Sir,are you from the Ice Age? Mynd is no more a mod.
Ayamlaykorn
I knew that even before you. Don't you think you should be careful to check the date of a post before quoting someone?
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by GoodFaith: 7:16pm On Nov 20, 2014
Mondisweets:
my dad taught me how to use a lawn mower when i was about 11. Then? undecided
Do u shovel the snow?
sorry at 11 u can't get on my ride lawn mower
46 deck girl
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 20, 2014
hydeka:

I knew that even before you. Don't you think you should be careful to check the date of a post before quoting someone?
I think I should. Thank you sir grin
Ayamlaykorn
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by spiceemman(m): 7:18pm On Nov 20, 2014
Like I always say no babe can do me shakara when it comes to cooking good food. Proud I took time to learn how to cook. Every male should do same actually
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
GoodFaith:

Do u shovel the snow?
well im in the southern hemisphere but i know how to use a garden rake in autumn undecided undecided
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Mushood: 7:22pm On Nov 20, 2014
YourCoffin:
Men will always be men. If you like teach them till thy kingdom come, it will come a time when he would dump all those stuff and start frequenting restaurants. House chores and cooking are really tiring for most men. When I mean tiring, I mean tiring.

For instance, my mum trained me quite well in that aspect. I can cook virtually everything. But right now I only boil noodles and I'm good to go. No time for all those pounding and turning of pots. Very few men retain their cooking skills as they grow because naturally they would prefer not to cook, especially ones that require time and extra care. They are just not that organized and focused as women and therefore cooking is really a hardwork for them.

If you have to force your boys to learn to cook, prepare to buy countless pots and make sure you have a fire extinguisher ready somewhere.
u are rite bro cos am a victim of wat u said above. I cooks everything I wanna eat even wen my gf come visiting. But stil, I get tired of cooking some days and I will prefer going to canteen. COOKING IS NOT EASY THOUGH!!! GBOSA to housewives
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by GoodFaith: 7:24pm On Nov 20, 2014
Mondisweets:
well im in the southern hemisphere but i know how to use a garden rake in autumn undecided undecided
Ok
I will put u to work
I have garden work coming autumn
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 20, 2014
GoodFaith:

Ok
I will put u to work
I have garden work coming autumn
and who said i want to work for u? undecided
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by GoodFaith: 7:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
Mondisweets:
and who said i want to work for u? undecided
Thank u for accepting my offer
I look forward to seeing u in my garden in spring ( first week of April)
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by CoCoLav(f): 7:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
stinggy:

See what you've turned a nigga to. Not fair sad angry
What does he stand to gain with the experience?

He will help his wife in the kitchen when he grows up. Secondly, if he can cook for himself, he won't have time for end time girls. He is also a pro at anything frying: Chicken, fish, plantain and potatoes. By the time he turns 14 he will know how to cook rice, stew and beans very well. He already knows how to cook yam porridge to an extent. All na step by step grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Owiii(m): 7:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
I grew up in a house of five boys and a girl. She was the last born of the house. We did all the cooking,cleaning of house and all domestic chores. She started cooking putty for us when she was nine. I can say that am a very good cook.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
GoodFaith:

Thank u for accepting my offer
I look forward to seeing u in my garden in spring ( first week of April)
undecided you probably live in someone's flats with 6 roommates and you want to come here form baddest boy ever liveth cheesy hilarious!
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by adeoladrg(m): 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
I was taught to be domestically inclined when I left CU and it appeared to my mum that I had the potential of becoming very useless.

I spent a year at Unilag where I learnt how to cook. I later became the boss of the kitchen anytime I'm home. Was used to washing and cleaning right from my boarding school days..
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by mcdreeezy: 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
Shymexx is the only person that made sense here. All other comments supportin guys to cook make absolutely no sense...
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Anaskie(m): 7:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
CoCoLav:

He will help his wife in the kitchen when he grows up. Secondly, if he can cook for himself, he won't have time for end time girls. He is also a pro at anything frying: Chicken, fish, plantain and potatoes. By the time he turns 14 he will know how to cook rice, stew and beans very well. He already knows how to cook yam porridge to an extent. All na step by step grin grin
Madam, which one is end time girls again? Lmao grin
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by GoodFaith: 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2014
Mondisweets:
undecided you probably live in someone's flats with 6 roommates and you want to come here form baddest boy ever liveth cheesy hilarious!
Sorry the word flat is not use in my location
28 year ago I didn't live with more than one person in a two bed apt.
so go play
You live in UK or Nigeria
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by CoCoLav(f): 7:53pm On Nov 20, 2014
Anaskie:
Madam, which one is end time girls again? Lmao grin

grin you know now. Those money money money girls, the ones that don't even care how you got the money, all they want is to eat it and once it finishes fiamm they disappear.

2 Likes

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by crystalsaint(f): 8:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
cosmos4242:
I think cooking should nt be left for only females, I growth up with my mum, and wen I was coming up she told me am felling this nw as a punishments bt I ll understand it later, she taught me Hw to cook encase if I marry and if tell my wife to cook for me and she filling some Hw I should go to kitchen and make cooking and bring it to her, and to honestly it help me a lot, I can do my cooking without waiting for my woman, I think the work should nt be only leave for woman, I rest my cases.
lolzzzz...
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
GoodFaith:

Sorry the word flat is not use in my location
28 year ago I didn't live with more than one person in a two bed apt.
so go play
You live in UK or Nigeria
None of the above. Wow 28yrs ago i wasn't even born. How old are you?
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Emmalot121(m): 8:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
mrworldwide1:
Girls want to be treated equally , don't be surprised when men start asking to make fighting with girls a normal thing
Thanks! You have just repeated what I wrote sometime ago that 'In a world of equality, domestic violence is allowed.' Silly posts like this make me go bonkers! When I read posts like this, it turns my perception of women on its head. Why are people like this lady so afraid of male superiority? I don't care about her view on my question. What I have written, I have written. lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by GoodFaith: 8:09pm On Nov 20, 2014
Mondisweets:
None of the above. Wow 28yrs ago i wasn't even born. How old are you?
I am a old man that wear true religion jeans
Cartier Glasses
I left home when I was between 20- 25
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by kelechiMarie(f): 8:09pm On Nov 20, 2014
My brother cooks better than me.For me it's important that you teach your kids basic skills like cooking,changing tyres etc.regardless of their sex
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
nomabeeee:
I learnt how to do a lot of domestic work while I was growing up..if you will agree with me,mothers are only concerned about their girl-child being domestically inclined. They teach their girl-child probably because they feel knowing or doing domestic work is meant for just the female..

I personally don't agree to the fact that domestic work is meant for only the female..I think mothers should also teach their boy-child domestic work too..if you can teach your girl how to sweep,clean,cook,do the dishes and laundry then your boy should also learn that as well..it goes a long way..

The importance of the boy-child being domestically inclined is that when he grows up,he stands on his own.That knowledge helps him take care of his personal needs not to go about looking for someone to do it for him..this is my opinion...
You are very right.

In my home,its a different ball game,my mother does not believe the kitchen is a section meant for only the girls. With her tough discipline..I've learnt over the years how to cook and keep the home.

It baffles me when I meet guys who don't know how to cook.

1 Like

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by superior494(m): 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
I juz trust myself cos if woman no tight for cooking, i dong beat u be that.

#So proud of it#
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by GoodFaith: 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2014
superior494:
I juz trust myself cos if woman no tight for cooking, i dong beat u be that.

#So proud of it#
?
don't get it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me / Woman From Bristol To Pay N900k For Someone To Make Decision For Her For A Month / Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.