Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Lets Talk About Estonia - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Estonia (877588 Views)

Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / Estonia Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Heyofrizzle(m): 5:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
To mail Estonian embassy in Cairo ...... embassy.cairo@mfa.ee

Abeyfem247:
[/quote][quote author=Abeyfem247 post=80619713]
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Abeyfem247: 2:33pm On Jul 26, 2019
[quote author=Heyofrizzle post=80623829]You send them a mail telling them you have been given an admission into Tallinn University to study what course you would be studying. Tell them all the details and please attach the prove of admission.

Make sure you are insured.

About the Egypt Visa how sure are you on a scale of 1-10? Cox Egypt Visa is now USA visa o angry

I should make sure i'm insured, what type of insurance do you buy? And is it mandatory i attached the insurance with the email before i can get an appointment date?
On a scale of 1-10, i would say 7...because i got the infor from an agent that was there this week
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by kayevans: 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2019
slysite4real:

EUAS accepts 5.5 overall irrespective of your score in each band.
Good day bro. Please add me to the road to Estonia group

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 9:53pm On Jul 28, 2019
It's been 3 years I have been on this forum. It looks like I have to call it quit by un-following the thread.

Hope to meet you guys in Estonia. Wish you all visa success.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Evankc(m): 2:53am On Jul 29, 2019
Suplexx:
It's been 3 years I have been on this forum. It looks like I have to call it quit by un-following the thread.

Hope to meet you guys in Estonia. Wish you all visa success.

I guess you are already in Estonian?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 9:52am On Jul 29, 2019
Evankc:

I guess you are already in Estonian?

No

I am going now.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Heyofrizzle(m): 5:35pm On Jul 29, 2019
Please make use of Swisscare

[quote author=Abeyfem247 post=80649207][/quote]
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by slysite4real(m): 4:47pm On Jul 30, 2019
As you prepare to travel to Estonia, some helpful tips.

Education is your primary aim. Other things are secondary. University will expel you if you do not pay tuition fee by deadline and your residence permit will be cancelled. You cannot abandon school for work.

You cannot save your first semester tuition fee in Estonia. Make sure to travel with it plus living cost for up to 3 months at least.

Residence permit takes up to 2 months to be ready. Without it you cannot work.

Treat malaria in Nigeria and also carry anti-malaria medicine with you to Estonia just in case you still have the infection. No malaria and hence no anti-malaria drug in Estonia.

Carry other essential medications. You cannot buy antibiotics, including Flagyl over the counter in Estonia. You need a prescription from doctor. No medicine for deworming in Estonia. Have a valid health insurance.

Having a visa is not a guarantee that you will be given entry into Estonia. Be polite to airport security staff. Prepare for the worst. They could search every grain of sand in your luggage. They could also request that you show them proof of fund from your ( or sponsor's) internet banking portal (not bank paper statement). It happened last year!

Starting price for taxis in Estonia including at airport are around 2.5 to 4 euro and every 1 km ride is around 50 cent to 1 euro. The price list is posted on the door of the taxi. Don't fall mugu for some drivers especially in Tallinn airport.

You can buy bus ticket to Tartu, Parnu and other cities from airport bus stop from 6.35 to 23.00 departure time (cost around 12 euro to Tartu).

EUAS students are required to inform their school before travelling out of Estonia.

I recommend you get your residence permit first before thinking of visiting your friends in other European countries.

Helpful to carry some grinded melon, ogbono, pepper (to my Yoruba friends, pepper no dey Estonia oo) etc. They are available but expensive.

Respect the culture and laws of your new country.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by vinzez: 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
slysite4real:
As you prepare to travel to Estonia, some helpful tips.

Education is your primary aim. Other things are secondary. University will expel you if you do not pay tuition fee by deadline and your residence permit will be cancelled. You cannot abandon school for work.

You cannot save your first semester tuition fee in Estonia. Make sure to travel with it plus living cost for up to 3 months at least.

Residence permit takes up to 2 months to be ready. Without it you cannot work.

Treat malaria in Nigeria and also carry anti-malaria medicine with you to Estonia just in case you still have the infection. No malaria and hence no anti-malaria drug in Estonia.

Carry other essential medications. You cannot buy antibiotics, including Flagyl over the counter in Estonia. You need a prescription from doctor. No medicine for deworming in Estonia. Have a valid health insurance.

Having a visa is not a guarantee that you will be given entry into Estonia. Be polite to airport security staff. Prepare for the worst. They could search every grain of sand in your luggage. They could also request that you show them proof of fund from your ( or sponsor's) internet banking portal (not bank paper statement). It happened last year!

Starting price for taxis in Estonia including at airport are around 2.5 to 4 euro and every 1 km ride is around 50 cent to 1 euro. The price list is posted on the door of the taxi. Don't fall mugu for some drivers especially in Tallinn airport.

You can buy bus ticket to Tartu, Parnu and other cities from airport bus stop from 6.35 to 23.00 departure time (cost around 12 euro to Tartu).

EUAS students are required to inform their school before travelling out of Estonia.

I recommend you get your residence permit first before thinking of visiting your friends in other European countries.

Helpful to carry some grinded melon, ogbono, pepper (to my Yoruba friends, pepper no dey Estonia oo) etc. They are available but expensive.

Respect the culture and laws of your new country.

I do know much, but I think, traveling with Malaria drugs may raise alarms. Before them say, you wan come infect them. Or them begin suspect you say na hard drugs.

Better to treat Malaria properly here.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Saintsquare(m): 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2019
vinzez:

I do know much, but I think, traveling with Malaria drugs may raise alarms. Before them say, you wan come infect them. Or them begin suspect you say na hard drugs.

That's not true, one or two malaria drugs won't raise any alarm . There's a big chance malaria might surface again , which means you being quarantined lol
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Lessonnn: 1:19am On Jul 31, 2019
vinzez:

Travel with your medications, Especially the ones you know you can’t easily get over the counter there as far as you don’t have a contagious disease you are treating, you’ll be fine . If immigration officials ask you what meds it’s, tell them what you are being treated of and that it’s doctor prescription for you.
Or better you treat yourself in Nigeria before leaving if you still have time. Don’t joke with your health.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Afroresorts: 5:13am On Aug 01, 2019
Can someone with a Second Class Lower apply for admission in Estonia ?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Heyofrizzle(m): 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2019
No brov! I always advice you do your degree again.... Its more or less like a second chance to have a good grade.
But to get a course on 2nd class lower, No.

Afroresorts:
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by slysite4real(m): 5:35pm On Aug 01, 2019
Afroresorts:

Yes some courses accept 2.2
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Afroresorts: 6:28am On Aug 02, 2019
slysite4real:

Yes some courses accept 2.2

Any idea on any school and courses. ?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by helpee(m): 8:14am On Aug 02, 2019
Afroresorts:

Any idea on any school and courses. ?
You don't really need this. You don't have to be spoon-fed. They have told you some schools accept. If I were you, by now I will know all the schools. You rarely need more than five hours on the internet to get the full gist. After all, you are an intending student. Don't be afraid to Google and research things for yourself. The journey is long so you need to be independent. Seek for guidance but research yourself.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by slysite4real(m): 9:21am On Aug 02, 2019
helpee:
You don't really need this. You don't have to be spoon-fed. They have told you some schools accept. If I were you, by now I will know all the schools. You rarely need more than five hours on the internet to get the full gist. After all, you are an intending student. Don't be afraid to Google and research things for yourself. The journey is long so you need to be independent. Seek for guidance but research yourself.

You made my day. God bless you.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Afroresorts: 10:25am On Aug 02, 2019
helpee:

Yeah, you are right.

I found some.

Though sometimes asking a simple question to someone who knows more than you is life's greatest hack.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by slysite4real(m): 11:44am On Aug 02, 2019
Afroresorts:

Yeah, you are right.

I found some.

Though sometimes asking a simple question to someone who knows more than you is life's greatest hack.

I do not know your field of study, but M.Sc. Geoinformatics for Urbanized Societies at University of Tartu accepts 2.2

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Afroresorts: 12:54pm On Aug 02, 2019
Computer Science.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Evankc(m): 2:58am On Aug 03, 2019
Have you done your English proficiency test (IELTS) ? That is the 2nd step after you have decide on which school and program you intend to go for

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by editorAA: 9:44pm On Aug 03, 2019
University of tartu accepts 2.2 on paper work but have you ever thought of a permutation in mathematics?

Estonia is a country that gives tuition waiver to the best grades. Therefore, this is like a sugar trap to attract 2.1 students.

Once you have a course capacity of 40 students and you have 60 applicants with 2.1, a 2.2 candidate should know chances are so slow.

If you have 2.2, always pray lesser 2.1 candidate apply, if not...it would be so difficult to be considered.

In a nutshell, I will not encourage a 2.2 candidate to apply. If it's a must, then go for BSc.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by 1dan(f): 11:02pm On Aug 03, 2019
pls wat time of the year does EUAS usually start their WINTER application ?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by slysite4real(m): 3:52pm On Aug 04, 2019
editorAA:
University of tartu accepts 2.2 on paper work but have you ever thought of a permutation in mathematics?

Estonia is a country that gives tuition waiver to the best grades. Therefore, this is like a sugar trap to attract 2.1 students.

Once you have a course capacity of 40 students and you have 60 applicants with 2.1, a 2.2 candidate should know chances are so slow.

If you have 2.2, always pray lesser 2.1 candidate apply, if not...it would be so difficult to be considered.

In a nutshell, I will not encourage a 2.2 candidate to apply. If it's a must, then go for BSc.

With a good motivation letter it is very possible that a 2.2 is admitted while a 2.1 is rejected. Take time to prepare it.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Heyofrizzle(m): 6:37pm On Aug 04, 2019
Does anyone please have any news regarding Egypt Visa in Abuja yet?

I am yet to get a green light from these guys.

My papers/documents/Int'l Passport is still with them, any body with assistance?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by evanicolas: 8:44pm On Aug 04, 2019
Heard a lot about this place. It's going to be IT Hub in future, is it right?
europestudy2015:
Estonia is a small beautiful North Eastern European country. It has a population of less than 1.4m people. Its capital is in Tallinn, that borders between Russia and Finland. Though many people regard Estonia as another poor Eastern Europe country but the reverse is the case. Estonians regards themselves more as Scandinavian countries with Denmark, Sweden and Finland. They have a high living standard with low unemployment rate.

Estonia is a member of European Union, Schengen zone, and also a member of NATO(Cyber security headquarter of Nato is located in tallinn, Estonia). A very advanced country in Information Technology. One of their most popular start up is SKYPE though later sold to Facebook.

IT in Estonia
A popular IT system here is the use of ID Card. with this card, u can virtually access all Government services like Health care, transport, Business registration etc and banking and all other business. Infact, government services in Estonia runs 24 hours. As simple as it may sound, E Governance in Estonia is quite complex system. All database of information of all public and private organization are connected with a technology called X- Road. Serious countries all over the world send their citizens here for training to learn how Estonia e governance work. (Google e Estonia).

A brief scenario of how the system work as regards to police
An offender committed a crime in lets say UK and decides to come over to Estonia to settle whereas UK govt is on the look for him. If come here and enter a public bus, the system will notify the Estonia police of his current location. If he decides to use his own car, a camera that scans Plate nos detects his location because the car registration is linked to him. So crime here is extremely low because everything is connected.

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mayorxox(m): 9:49am On Aug 08, 2019
Heyofrizzle:
Does anyone please have any news regarding Egypt Visa in Abuja yet?

I am yet to get a green light from these guys.

My papers/documents/Int'l Passport is still with them, any body with assistance?

When is your interview in Cairo and resumption date in school?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Heyofrizzle(m): 11:54am On Aug 08, 2019
Passed already.

My interview in Cairo was on the 30th of July.

Now we are in August and I'm still in Nigeria..... Something is not just right, they aren't picking calls neither are they responding to their mails. cry cry cry

School is resuming on the 20th of August.

mayorxox:

When is your interview in Cairo and resumption date in school?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mayorxox(m): 5:33am On Aug 09, 2019
Heyofrizzle:
Passed already.

My interview in Cairo was on the 30th of July.

Now we are in August and I'm still in Nigeria..... Something is not just right, they aren't picking calls neither are they responding to their mails. cry cry cry

School is resuming on the 20th of August.

You really need to have a contact person and maybe go there physically. It takes about 6-7 weeks. I hope the school is aware of this and guess you have been able to reschedule your appointment in Cairo

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (399) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.