Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Lets Talk About Estonia - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Estonia (876545 Views)

Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / Estonia Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by bayoshenko(m): 9:47pm On Jun 07, 2016
Uganda1:
one way to india ..ET.
Aeroflot..hvent booked...will do while in india.

Note:
If you decide to travel through Russia(Aeroflot), you will require a russian transit visa. You have to factor it into the cost of ticket. Russian visa is somewhat expensive for Nigerians. I am not sure of the cost from India but not less than USD 130.00 and that is for 7 days processing, express will be more expensive.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by lanre205(m): 10:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
Thanks for every useful tip provided on this thread. You all have been mesmerizing. Sobastical, nairaspace, Demaejy, lost city, yoyolagos, nek12 to mention a few.

Although, I got an admission into Msc Financial Mathematics, University of Tartu b4 I found this thread, nonetheless, the information u give goes a long way. I doff my hat for the house.

However, I got an information that if one should apply for Indian visa online, there's a tendency that a date that'll be given for interview would be ahead, perhaps 2 months the date one intends to travel i.e. if I choose June 7th as the date of travelling, the computer might generate August 3rd as my interview date. How true is this?

Howbeit, I wouldn't mind if someone could help me out to meet with an official (genuine) at the embassy that would help with visa application.

Thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 3:09am On Jun 08, 2016
lanre205:
Thanks for every useful tip provided on this thread. You all have been mesmerizing. Sobastical, nairaspace, Demaejy, lost city, yoyolagos, nek12 to mention a few.

Although, I got an admission into Msc Financial Mathematics, University of Tartu b4 I found this thread, nonetheless, the information u give goes a long way. I doff my hat for the house.

However, I got an information that if one should apply for Indian visa online, there's a tendency that a date that'll be given for interview would be ahead, perhaps 2 months the date one intends to travel i.e. if I choose June 7th as the date of travelling, the computer might generate August 3rd as my interview date. How true is this?

Howbeit, I wouldn't mind if someone could help me out to meet with an official (genuine) at the embassy that would help with visa application.

Thanks

Yes, it is very true . You will be given a date far ahead of your intended interview date. Like now, available appointment date maybe around September.

However, you will have to reschedule back your appointment date at the embassy. Don't pay anybody at the embassy for this, it is free of charge. When you want to reschedule your appointment date, go to the embassy very early with all your complete application documents including the evidence of appointment date booked with Estonia embassy in New Delhi. Please make sure you book earlier date with Estonia Embassy in Delhi as this is what Indian High Commission in Lagos will use to reschedule back your appointment date.

Go with your complete documents.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Uganda1: 6:22am On Jun 08, 2016
bayoshenko:
[/color]

[color=#006600]Note:
If you decide to travel through Russia(Aeroflot), you will require a russian transit visa. You have to factor it into the cost of ticket. Russian visa is somewhat expensive for Nigerians. I am not sure of the cost from India but not less than USD 130.00 and that is for 7 days processing, express will be more expensive.
Thanks for the heads up chief..
AdiĆ³s
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Uganda1: 6:30am On Jun 08, 2016
But again check this out

Note:
[/quote]

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by bayoshenko(m): 7:05am On Jun 08, 2016
Uganda1:
But again check this out

Note:

I am glad that you are doing your own investigation. I am not sure the information above is for Nigerians(I may be wrong), it is better to ask from their embassy in Lagos or Abuja before you travel. I had to apply for a transit visa when I travelled through one of the international airports in Moscow some years ago. Please don't risk the russian route. Try airlines like Turkish airlines, etihad, etc. Look out for the promotional tickets they are usually cheap but with some restrictions.
Before buying a ticket, consider the transit waiting time. It will be good not just to consider the price alone.

NOTE: I am not in Estonia, just giving information on my experience on that route. Good luck in your endeavours.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 08, 2016
[quote author=lanre205 post=46370269]Thanks for every useful tip provided on this thread. You all have been mesmerizing. Sobastical, nairaspace, Demaejy, lost city, yoyolagos, nek12 to mention a few.

Howbeit, I wouldn't mind if someone could help me out to meet with an official (genuine) at the embassy that would

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by papyskinsy: 9:45am On Jun 08, 2016
guy.. i heard indian govt. wanna ban nigerian frm enterin india.. is it dat serious

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by nek12: 10:15am On Jun 08, 2016
papyskinsy:
guy.. i heard indian govt. wanna ban nigerian frm enterin india.. is it dat serious

yes it was suggested by one of their ministers but is not possible because they have a lot of investments in Nigeria unless they will forgo it to move back to their country but before it happens at all Estonian embassy must have been in Nigeria.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by nek12: 10:18am On Jun 08, 2016
lanre205:

Thanks

so I heard but I have not applied. I think the best option is apply online then proceed to your office to choose a closer date.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by lanre205(m): 11:29am On Jun 08, 2016
Demaejy:

Yes, it is very true . You will be given a date far ahead of your intended interview date. Like now, available appointment date maybe around September.

However, you will have to reschedule back your appointment date at the embassy. Don't pay anybody at the embassy for this, it is free of charge. When you want to reschedule your appointment date, go to the embassy very early with all your complete application documents including the evidence of appointment date booked with Estonia embassy in New Delhi. Please make sure you book earlier date with Estonia Embassy in Delhi as this is what Indian High Commission in Lagos will use to reschedule back your appointment date.

Go with your complete documents.

Thanks, bro. Will do exactly that.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by lanre205(m): 11:32am On Jun 08, 2016
hakeembee:
Congrats to you, india is nonot that complicated. Gurus in the house will direct you but read previous posts. Someone even posted email and letters from indian embassey. I applied for this but not given, i applied with a degree in Finance, they said i didnt do enough Mathematics. what degree field did you used to apply

Thanks, I applied with a degree in mathematics
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by sobastical: 11:36am On Jun 08, 2016
lanre205:

Thanks, I applied with a degree in mathematics

As someone here have said go to the embassy for a reschedule get there before 10:00am they will call you guys for reschedule and please make sure you book earlier date at the estonia embassy as demeji has stated cos thats what they will look before giving you a closer date.

Gracias
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by siridris: 11:51am On Jun 08, 2016
Hello guyz. Good morning.
I need to ask some question. Is it a must we go through this India of a thing. Can't someone apply for a schengen visa in schengen country's embassy. Since its a schengen visa , u will just use that to enter estonia and b4 3 weeks u can apply for temporary residence permit in estonia instead of going through India.

Also I will like to ask that if u go to India , and get the estonia visa ,will u need to come back to nigeria or u just go straight from India to Estonia.

Also my final Question. How much does the estonia embassy will require of u to have in your account or sponsors account. I mean the min amount of money b4 they can give u visa. Am not referring to application fee or flight fee oo

And lastly if u don't use India or Egypt or Russia, which other country can u use and that is easy.

Thanks a bunch.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 1:48pm On Jun 08, 2016
sobastical:

As someone here have said go to the embassy for a reschedule get there before 10:00am they will call you guys for reschedule and please make sure you book earlier date at the estonia embassy as demeji has stated cos thats what they will look before giving you a closer date.

Gracias

Indian embassy don vex ooooo! Dem no gree reschedule interview date oooooo!
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by sobastical: 2:11pm On Jun 08, 2016
yoyolagos:

Indian embassy don vex ooooo! Dem no gree reschedule interview date oooooo!

why won't they? Which time you reach there?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 08, 2016
siridris:
I need to ask some question. Is it a must we go through this India of a thing. Can't someone apply for a schengen visa in schengen country's embassy. Since its a schengen visa , u will just use that to enter estonia and b4 3 weeks u can apply for temporary residence permit in estonia instead of going through India.

Also I will like to ask that if u go to India , and get the estonia visa ,will u need to come back to nigeria or u just go straight from India to Estonia.

Also my final Question. How much does the estonia embassy will require of u to have in your account or sponsors account. I mean the min amount of money b4 they can give u visa. Am not referring to application fee or flight fee oo

And lastly if u don't use India or Egypt or Russia, which other country can u use and that is easy.

Thanks a bunch.
If you are a Masters student, you are permitted to use a schengen visa to enter then apply for your TRP inside Estonia. But you are not permitted as an undergraduate student, you must apply for your TRP outside Estonia.

It depends, if your resumption date in Estonia is far , you can come back to Nigeria. Just note that, Estonian embassy in New Delhi will only issue your visa to be valid from August. So, the ball is in your court to calculate well.

The inflow and outflow of cash is what matter most. I think the minimum amount depends on the number of your family members. Please check Estonian police border website to seeing an updated information about this. The list has been changed compare to what used last year.

You can go via Turkey, Georgia , Kazakhstan or China as well.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by lanre205(m): 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2016
siridris:

Thanks a bunch.

There was a time, I think around 3 weeks now I sent a msg to Estonian embassy in Turkey. I inquired if I could procure the visa when I get to Turkey, I got a relative positive response as below.

Dear Sir

Do you have the admission letter issued by the University of Tartu and when are you planning to visit our Embassy?
If you have booked an appointment at our website then the system will send you confirmation.

You will need to apply for D-visa at the Embassy. There will be no guarantees beforehand.

Kind regards
Leemet Paulson
Counsellor for Consular Affairs

Worthy of note in the msg is that "There will be no guarantees beforehand"
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 4:19pm On Jun 08, 2016
sobastical:

why won't they? Which time you reach there?

Someone was there today
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by icotfodile: 6:28pm On Jun 08, 2016
Thanks a lot guys, for all the information and suggestions.

I've got a question to ask, please do not tell me to go back to previous pages....thanks

I noticed on pages 80 and 81 of this thread that a similar question was asked on the requirements for Visa and nairaspace answered with the requirements for indian visa(for those going through india). I would not be going through india

However, the question I want to ask is the requirements for obtaining the Estonian Residence permit and Visa ireespective of the country you applying from. Also, please dont direct me to their police and border guard website, because I saw some documents required which seem unnecessary to me or not for my purpose.

Finally, concerning the insurance contract that seem to be required, how and where could i obtain it and at what cost...
Thanks in anticipation of your polite responses

University of Tartu seems not to be of assistance in obtaining a Residence permit
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by dreamchaser90(m): 6:58pm On Jun 08, 2016
icotfodile:
Thanks a lot guys, for all the information and suggestions.

I've got a question to ask, please do not tell me to go back to previous pages....thanks

I noticed on pages 80 and 81 of this thread that a similar question was asked on the requirements for Visa and nairaspace answered with the requirements for indian visa(for those going through india). I would not be going through india

However, the question I want to ask is the requirements for obtaining the Estonian Residence permit and Visa ireespective of the country you applying from. Also, please dont direct me to their police and border guard website, because I saw some documents required which seem unnecessary to me or not for my purpose.

Finally, concerning the insurance contract that seem to be required, how and where could i obtain it and at what cost...
Thanks in anticipation of your polite responses

University of Tartu seems not to be of assistance in obtaining a Residence permit

The documents I submitted for TRP were:
1. Application form for TRP.
2. Data concerning close relatives and family members.
3. Bank statement.
4. Proof of source of funds in my bank account.
5. Copy of health insurance contract.
6. Letter of guarantee (confirming that in case the existing insurance is not valid in Estonia, you will purchase a valid health insurance contract from Estonia).
7. Copy of the data page of my passport and visa.
8. Copy of my old passport (The consul requested for it because my present passport was issued in Moscow).
9. A colour photograph sized 40x50 mm.

As for visa, I think the same documents will suffice in addition to travel insurance (I didn't apply for visa).
For the health insurance, I bought Swisscare Studentpass International Standard for 365 days at EUR 197.1
You can buy it online.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 9:42pm On Jun 08, 2016
dreamchaser90:

The documents I submitted for TRP were:
1. Application form for TRP.
2. Data concerning close relatives and family members.
3. Bank statement.
4. Proof of source of funds in my bank account.
5. Copy of health insurance contract.
6. Letter of guarantee (confirming that in case the existing insurance is not valid in Estonia, you will purchase a valid health insurance contract from Estonia).
7. Copy of the data page of my passport and visa.
8. Copy of my old passport (The consul requested for it because my present passport was issued in Moscow).
9. A colour photograph sized 40x50 mm.

As for visa, I think the same documents will suffice in addition to travel insurance (I didn't apply for visa).
For the health insurance, I bought Swisscare Studentpass International Standard for 365 days at EUR 197.1
You can buy it online.

Since yesterday wey I don dey contact people from estonia concerning insurance! Dey warned seriously concerning Swisscare! It is no longer accepted! They stopped accepting it early dis year.

Once I get more update on it, I will post it here!

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by sobastical: 9:54pm On Jun 08, 2016
yoyolagos:

Someone was there today

It depends on time when he gets there
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by bollyfolly: 4:41am On Jun 09, 2016
Pls help to get more details on the one to buy oo, I've a friend there who suggested Swiss too but you may find the info on this link

http://www.tlu.ee/en/studies/Practical-Information/Health-Care

yoyolagos:

Since yesterday wey I don dey contact people from estonia concerning insurance! Dey warned seusefuly concerning Swisscare! It is no longer accepted! They stopped accepting it early dis year.

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 4:48am On Jun 09, 2016
gee4real:
pls ooo, l have sent in my docs and it's confirmed received at euroakademy, do l need to send WAEC scratch card with it? cause l am confused.

how far with your Admission? did you later send the scratch card?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 6:03am On Jun 09, 2016
sobastical:

It depends on time when he gets there

Everybody were denied yesterday! Based on info, all applications for change of date were collected around 9a.m but only those going to India for medical reason were granted change of date others were asked to come on d date indicated earlier on the application form irrespective of ur reason for the change or when your school will be resuming.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 09, 2016
yoyolagos:

Everybody were denied yesterday! Based on info, all applications for change of date were collected around 9a.m but only those going to India for medical reason were granted change of date others were asked to come on d date indicated earlier on the application form irrespective of ur reason for the change or when your school will be resuming.
So sad ! Hope your date is nearer maybe around August?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by sobastical: 7:33am On Jun 09, 2016
yoyolagos:

Oh well, it's their season
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by gee4real: 12:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
@lostcity, , yes l did, but l have not heard from them, even with mails l sent to them.
pls advice what can l do.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 09, 2016
gee4real:
@lostcity, , yes l did, but l have not heard from them, even with mails l sent to them.
pls advice what can l do.

You don't ve to worry, looks as if they rarely reply mail, Worryless,your Doc's are with ENIC/NARIC,i heard it takes up to a month before they reply you(stating the outcome of your Evaluation whether +/-) Keep your fingers crossed, and be praying,everything will be fine!!
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by gee4real: 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2016
Thanks bro, God bless.....
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by rajiism(m): 11:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
yoyolagos:

Since yesterday wey I don dey contact people from estonia concerning insurance! Dey warned seriously concerning Swisscare! It is no longer accepted! They stopped accepting it early dis year.

Here is the list of accepted insurance companies: http://www.studyinestonia.ee/healthcare but the cheapest one is: https://www.kindlustusest.ee/student-insurance

All the best......

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (399) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.