Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,656 members, 7,851,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:48 PM

Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) - Romance (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) (234156 Views)

Mr Nairaland [December 2014] Contest Winner - Naijaboiy! / Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (elimination Round 1) / Miss NAIRALAND December 2014 Contest (nomination & Verification) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by Idowuogbo(f): 11:04pm On Nov 01, 2014
macklef:

You excused woman, stop naging everywhere sha.
Stop following me everywhere biko! Stalker!!!!
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by Karleb(m): 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

hmm...
Please, give us your suggestions.
It would really be appreciated please.

My suggestions are:

1. Take the contest serious, I saw Dygeasy the other time begging Rokiatu to give him her pic or something like that, that alone shows that you guys are begging people to contest.

If any contestant can't meet up with specs and criteria, drop 'em, the last time I checked judges are suppossed to be neutral.

Infact, I can categorically count the no of the so called judges comment on this thread, some don't even chat with other people except their friends or they're been mentioned.

Another thing is packaging!

5 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by AbuMikey(m): 11:06pm On Nov 01, 2014
Karleb:

Blame it on the management i.e the judges, gone are the days of sexkillz and Oggugua. sad

what do You suggest We (Judges) do?
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by macklef(m): 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2014
phoenixDee:
Why do I think this year's contest will be boring sad
But sorry o, its my first time, do they share money in d end?
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by Idowuogbo(f): 11:09pm On Nov 01, 2014
Lagunna:

You are on point.

To be honest with you, I'm getting fed up of it already.
I swear!!! O dry pa! Imagine contestants sef no dey online and the ones online sef dey bore persin.

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 01, 2014
Karleb:

My suggestions are:

1. Take the contest serious, I saw Dygeasy the other time begging Rokiatu to give him her pic or something like that, that alone shows that you guys are begging people to contest.

If any contestant can't meet up with specs and criteria, drop 'em, the last time I checked judges are suppossed to be neutral.

Infact, I can categorically count the no of the so called judges comment on this thread, some don't even chat with other people except their friends or they're been mentioned.

Ok...thanks, you know one man's meat is another's poison - if you don't 'appeal' to them, it may also look like we are being proud/rude and all that.

On judges comment: Do you mean we should be commenting more?

Please elucidate on 'packaging' ? I don't get that part.

Thanks much.

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by phoenixDee: 11:10pm On Nov 01, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Personally I'm not commenting much on this thread because it's a campaign thread.
___but that aside, I get your point and would appreciate your suggestions on how to light this contest up
To me,,the problem started from the nomination thread where the mods refused to co-operate with you guys to move it to front page. This would have allowed varieties of contestants from the different sections on NL.

Their refusal to move it to front page has somehow made it a romance section thingy.

If the Grand finale is then moved to front page,,it will only bring criticisms from people who would complain about the judges and contestants because they have not been following up from the start.

The problem is already from the root.

Sorry to say,,but my humble opinion speaks that this contest should be scrapped and start afresh after we are sure of support from above

I know that's not possible because we have gone far already and people have really put much effort into this,,so don't pay attention to it...just saying what my mind feels smiley

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by macklef(m): 11:11pm On Nov 01, 2014
Karleb:

My suggestions are:

Ur right, but u can only drop people if theres a price dey all want at stake. Is there a prize here?
What really is the end benefit of the winner? Thats what drives dier motivation.
Is there any? Jjc asking
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by Karleb(m): 11:13pm On Nov 01, 2014
Packaging, is when I post long comment in different colors just to woo people to vote for my contestant!

The other time a guy who is the CM of Cupidora if I can remeber was calling another contestant Chimpazeen! imagine that and nobody did anything about it!

And lastly, you guy should know that for every mistake, error or misconduct, you are to be blamed so be up and doing!
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by macklef(m): 11:14pm On Nov 01, 2014
Idowuogbo:

Stop following me everywhere biko! Stalker!!!!
Hahah. I wanna believe thats a joke mami.
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 01, 2014
phoenixDee:

To me,,the problem started from the nomination thread where the mods refused to co-operate with you guys to move it to front page. This would have allowed varieties of contestants from the different sections on NL.

Their refusal to move it to front page has somehow made it a romance section thingy.

If the Grand finale is then moved to front page,,it will only bring criticisms from people who would complain about the judges and contestants because they have not been following up from the start.

The problem is already from the root.

I know that's not possible because we have gone far already and people have really put much effort into this,,so don't pay attention to it...just saying what my mind feels smiley

hmmm. Truetalk...you're right in every sense.
...so much sense. Right now it is looking like an inner caucus thing.
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by phoenixDee: 11:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
macklef:

Ur right, but u can only drop people if theres a price dey all want at stake. Is there a prize here?
What really is the end benefit of the winner? Thats what drives dier motivation.
Is there any? Jjc asking
Back in the day,,when there was no price we still had people jostling for this same contest...there was something about it that drew attention to people. even though it was for fun.

But now even the fun is not there sad
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by macklef(m): 11:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
phoenixDee:

Back in the day,,when there was no price we still had people jostling for this same contest...there was something about it that drew attention to people. even though it was for fun.

But now even the fun is not there sad

Well, i agree with u. From the launch of the contest, it should have been taken to frontpage.
Garner attention. Get the best and self giving conteststants.
And then begin screening.
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by Karleb(m): 11:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
macklef:

Is there any? Jjc asking

The end benefit is e-fame! believe girls love it.

Even if there are no real benefit attached to it, make them believe! That what's fun about the whole contest!

Make them know that we're not begging them to contest and trust me that with little encouragement they'll take it serious.
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
Karleb:
Packaging, is when I post long comment in different colors just to woo people to vote for my contestant!

The other time a guy who is the CM of Cupi dora if I can remeber was calling another contestant Chimpaze en! imagine that and nobody did anything about it!

And lastly, you guy should know that for every mistake, error or misconduct, you are to be blamed so be up and doing!

Wellsaid... you're very sensible
So the packaging is for the CMs because it's not in our place to campaign.

Some Nlders don't just take instructions, maybe because they registered since 2000BC.
___sometime ago, someone said a contestant is impersonating - I asked him if he/she can prove the facile accusation with an evidence...no matter how subtle.
That was all I asked that whoever(male/female....i didn't take note of the gender) for and he/she started blabbing on how I was rude, even implied that I'm a fool in another of his/her post...that's just one of the numerous examples, I wouldn't wanna mention that of my co-judges.
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by macklef(m): 11:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
Karleb:

The end benefit is e-fame! believe girls love it.

Even if there are no real benefit attached to it, make them believe! That what's fun about the whole contest!

Make them know that we're not begging them to contest and trust me that with little encouragement they'll take it serious.

Lol. I see. Justforfun its not bad.
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by Dygeasy(m): 11:24pm On Nov 01, 2014
Karleb:

My suggestions are:

Show me where I practically did the bolded and I'll deactivae my account.

The deadline for submission isn't here but its near. It's normal for us to remind them so we can finish up with their profiles on time.

Don't tempt me tonight. You have no idea what we go through in these things. No follow me yarn dust o.
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by phoenixDee: 11:25pm On Nov 01, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

hmmm. Truetalk...you're right in every sense.
...so much sense. Right now it is looking like an inner caucus thing.
Yea that's just it...

You judges don't really have a fault tho'

When sexkillz was in charge of this,,things were going right...because he had close ties with se.un and so it was easy to endorse popularity of the contest.

But there is not one single judge that is a Mod...that is a minus that dygeasy should have looked into
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by Karleb(m): 11:32pm On Nov 01, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

So the packaging is for the CMs because it's not in our place to campaign.

Some Nlders don't just take to instructions, maybe because they registered since 2000BC.
___sometime ago, someone said a contestant is impersonating - I asked him if he/she can prove the facile accusation with an evidence...no matter how subtle.
That was all I asked that whoever(male/female....i didn't take note of the gender) for and he/she started blabbing on how I was rude, even implied that I'm a fool in another of his/her post...that's just one of the numerous examples, I wouldn't wanna mention that of my co-judges.

As a judge those are part of what you should expect although some people can be silly sha.

You see, someone called you names you felt bad, now imagine the kind of emotional truama a lady would have gone through when she was called Chimpazeen!?

Seriously, I really wish one of you judges were there to silence him but you were no where to be found.

and lastly, if you judges can come out of you hidings like you just did tonight, no one would say this contest is boring!
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by macklef(m): 11:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

So the packaging is for the CMs because it's not in our place to campaign

Some Nlders don't just take to instructions, maybe because they registered since 2000BC.

Sorry mz kachi, where do u fall? Judge or organizers?

To me, the judges has nothing to do dan judge. And thats when the competition starts proper or during screening.

As regards enlivening the contest, it dos not even rely soly on the CMs

It lies majorly on the organisers. Did u get the word organizers?
If u disect it, they have everything to convince the entire public that this show here is something to watch out for,

Its gonna blow their mind, its gonna make them enjoy themselves,.......

They just have to come out of their shells n make sure thers never a dull moment on this thread. They are the whole managers of the thread.

While the CM is the manager of the contestants, to make them more appealing to the voting public
And then the judges are the scrutinizer of the contestants based on the contestants and the work of their campaign managers..

So talk to the organisers. They have to think out of the box, and create something wen here looks dry.
Thats what organisatioin is called. Its not about opening a thread, but managing it WELL.

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by phoenixDee: 11:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
macklef:

Well, i agree with u. From the launch of the contest, it should have been taken to frontpage.
Garner attention. Get the best and self giving conteststants.
And then begin screening.

My brother,,wetin we go do na

Make we just patch patch am manage the thing like that sad
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by Dygeasy(m): 11:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
phoenixDee:

Yea that's just it...

You judges don't really have a fault tho'

When sexkillz was in charge of this,,things were going right...because he had close ties with se.un and so it was easy to endorse popularity of the contest.

But there is not one single judge that is a Mod...that is a minus that dygeasy should have looked into
I can't make myself a mod.

The ish here is how everyone cannot be online 24/7 not excluding the mod I'm working with.

This things eats our time up offline, sometimes we find it hard coming here. MizMyColi, Kachisbarbie, Teeo and AbuMikey are online regularly. I'm the exclusion here. I don't know what is expected of us but we are doing our best.
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by balogundayo(m): 11:41pm On Nov 01, 2014
I think temigracie is the one... If the criteria is all about beauty nd popularity..

NB= Plz y is marieolae (the most over hyped babe in romance section) nt here.. She coulda made this thing more competitive for temigracie a bit...

Buh if temigracie does nt win this shii, then there's something wrong somewer..

SHE IS THE ONE!!!
I just like the babe!
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by EzePromoe: 11:41pm On Nov 01, 2014
kingphilip:

who am I seeing? bro it's been a tay o
quite an age bro where have u bin

BTW I'm team Jennimma
I'm so busy nowadays. Just wanna check out Nairaland today and log out till on Christmas
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 01, 2014
Karleb:

As a judge those are part of what you should expect although some people can be silly sha.

You see, someone called you names you felt bad, now imagine the kind of emotional truama a lady would have gone through when she was called Chimpazeen!?

Seriously, I really wish one of you judges were there to silence him but you were no where to be found.

and lastly, if you judges can come out of you hidings like you just did tonight, no one would say this contest is boring!

lol...nope I didn't feel bad because it was expected. I'm only trying to tell you how much they don't take instructions. Do you know after how much we went back and forth.

Other judges started appealing for the evidence, he/she still didn't provide any evidence.

I feel the contestants pain - sincerely I haven't been following the campaign thread. I would buckle up now .I have been more on the nomination thread.
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by Karleb(m): 11:44pm On Nov 01, 2014
macklef:

Sorry mz kachi, where do u fall? Judge or organizers?

To me, the judges has nothing to do dan judge. And thats when the competition starts proper or during screening.

As regards enlivening the contest, it dos not even rely soly on the CMs

It lies majorly on the organisers. Did u get the word organizers?
If u disect it, they have everything to convince the entire public that this show here is something to watch out for,

Its gonna blow their mind, its gonna make them enjoy themselves,.......

They just have to come out of their shells n make sure thers never a dull moment on this thread. They are the whole managers of the thread.

While the CM is the manager of the contestants, to make them more appealing to the voting public
And then the judges are the scrutinizer of the contestants based on the contestants and the work of their campaign managers..

So talk to the organisers. They have to think out of the box, and create something wen here looks dry.
Thats what organisatioin is called. Its not about opening a thread, but managing it WELL.

That's it bro!

But I don't think they have organizers i.e The judges are the organizer, which is why it's their responsibilty to make the thread lively, FP or no FP.
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 01, 2014
Nope...I can't categorically say we have 'organisers'

The judges are the organisers here.
We would try our best to put all these suggestions in place Sir.
Thanks
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by Capableben(m): 12:40am On Nov 02, 2014
Real beauty reflects from the intrinsic contents to the external...
Talk beauty
Talk charisma
Talk Hardworking
Talk Humility
Talk smartness
Talk Go-getter
Talk Love
Talk Passion
Talk Fashion... etc
There is a Cinderella that encompasses all these... She's not farfetched.
She's Nabsprada....
Vote for Nabsprada as our next beauty Queen...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 02, 2014
cbrass:
Its official, am inviting Apple Inc guys to support the campaign who konws they may give out apple products to anyone who votes for vivy

Can't wait to lay my hands on that iphone6

Sir its a pleasure and honour to invite you to our campaign team Strahovski

#team vivy

wink
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by Godmother(f): 1:37am On Nov 02, 2014
Vivly:

Thanks Godmother. I'll have Mario Puzo write you a book.

Awww...thanks, I take back what I said earlier about not feeling you embarassed
You are cute, I just never read any of your posts so I took the time to do so.
You are cute though. Infact you are about the finest contestant (you and one other chick whose name I won't mention cos I don't want to promote her grin ) and you've got brains too so you've got my one hundred percent vote *wink*
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by slytubadth(m): 1:59am On Nov 02, 2014
marieolae:
when did you become a drink? [size=70pt]teamjenny[/size]
abegi who is ds Jennimma..dem jst dey disturbe ma ears wif her name
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) by slytubadth(m): 2:08am On Nov 02, 2014
oya rozzay ds one i dey hear ur name always...wenti u gat 2 offer if i vote 4 u?

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (154) (Reply)

Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships / How To Get Your Girlfriend In The Mood In 30 Seconds / How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.