Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Is International/long-distance Dating Possible Without Getting Scammed? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is International/long-distance Dating Possible Without Getting Scammed? (2384 Views)

Is Love Possible Without Money? / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is International/long-distance Dating Possible Without Getting Scammed? by Primrose91(f): 8:06am On Nov 03, 2014
oseiwe:

The guy online might also be promiscuous and alcoholic too. There are good people everywhere, start from your college.

You have a point. I will just hangout in the gym and and wear high heels in the library lol. The thing that frustrates me is that my roommate is obese and not very friendly and still has a boyfriend. I do not know what I am doing wrong.
Re: Is International/long-distance Dating Possible Without Getting Scammed? by Primrose91(f): 8:09am On Nov 03, 2014
LEAFLET:

You are a pretty girl..You look african though!

I am Nigerian...I thought this site was for Nigerians lol.
Re: Is International/long-distance Dating Possible Without Getting Scammed? by dapsy4u2(m): 12:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
Primrose91:
Yeah, I mean at this point I just need practice as far as talking to guys. I feel like my interests might not be in the "mainstream". I am afraid to post my picture on this site, what if my family sees it and makes fun of me lol.

Why not get advice(s) from older relatives if you can reach out to your parents or older siblings. then take it from there. rather than exposing yourself to the dangers of online dating.
Re: Is International/long-distance Dating Possible Without Getting Scammed? by Primrose91(f): 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
dapsy4u2:

Why not get advice(s) from older relatives if you can reach out to your parents or older siblings. then take it from there. rather than exposing yourself to the dangers of online dating.

I am an only child and my extended family is very conservative. I never got "the birds and bees talk"; I learned from my friends. I have never seen anyone in my family kiss. Hugging is not very common either. No one in my family has ever told me that they love me. I feel like I was not exposed to this world, and I am trying to take a proactive step towards understanding how courtship/dating works.
Re: Is International/long-distance Dating Possible Without Getting Scammed? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
Primrose91:

I am an only child and my extended family is very conservative. I never got "the birds and bees talk"; I learned from my friends. I have never seen anyone in my family kiss. Hugging is not very common either. No one in my family has ever told me that they love me. I feel like I was not exposed to this world, and I am trying to take a proactive step towards understanding how courtship/dating works.

I think you should date all the guys that come your way get to know them and see what they have to offer keep an open mind in the dating world although the physical attraction is important be open to being surprised.

1 Like

Re: Is International/long-distance Dating Possible Without Getting Scammed? by dapsy4u2(m): 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
Primrose91:

Really hope this wont affect your relationship when you finally get into one, as you'll think it's outside the norm to kiss, hug or say "i love you".
Re: Is International/long-distance Dating Possible Without Getting Scammed? by Primrose91(f): 7:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
dapsy4u2:

Really hope this wont affect your relationship when you finally get into one, as you'll think it's outside the norm to kiss, hug or say "i love you".

I think I'll function normally, I just need to meet a guy who is affectionate so that my actions are reciprocated.

andromida:

I think you should date all the guys that come your way get to know them and see what they have to offer keep an open mind in the dating world although the physical attraction is important be open to being surprised.

I appreciate your advice, but dating is very difficult in this area. I live in a small-ish town with close-minded people of a different race. I will be stuck in this town for another 3 years. I do not want to waste 3 years of my life being alone, so I thought I would use my resources to consider other forms of dating during these next few years.
Re: Is International/long-distance Dating Possible Without Getting Scammed? by dapsy4u2(m): 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
Primrose91:

I think I'll function normally, I just need to meet a guy who is affectionate so that my actions are reciprocated.
. U have a mail.
Re: Is International/long-distance Dating Possible Without Getting Scammed? by Primrose91(f): 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
dapsy4u2:
.U have a mail.

Replied...
Re: Is International/long-distance Dating Possible Without Getting Scammed? by dapsy4u2(m): 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
Primrose91:

Replied...
. Seen
Re: Is International/long-distance Dating Possible Without Getting Scammed? by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 04, 2014
Primrose91:

I appreciate your advice, but dating is very difficult in this area. I live in a small-ish town with close-minded people of a different race. I will be stuck in this town for another 3 years. I do not want to waste 3 years of my life being alone, so I thought I would use my resources to consider other forms of dating during these next few years.

I get you it is most wise to try other forms of dating i wish you all the best.

May you find what you are looking for.
Re: Is International/long-distance Dating Possible Without Getting Scammed? by slinkman(m): 3:18pm On Nov 05, 2014
email me. If possible we might hit it off smiley
Re: Is International/long-distance Dating Possible Without Getting Scammed? by mytym(m): 12:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
Primrnvnose91:
Yeah, I mean at this point I just need practice as far as talking to guys. I feel like my interests might not be in the "mainstream". I am afraid to post my picture on this site, what if my family sees it and makes fun of me lol.
Well except you yourself alreadymake an oddity of the idea, why would they laugh at you? You are being sincere about what this phase of your life requires and you are proactive about it. Here is a great platform having different folks with divergent complexity of ideas- the good, the bad, the ugly and the defeated but like someone said you have to filter out what suits your purpose. If eventually, you come across a few subjects, Let your brain guide you. smiley
Re: Is International/long-distance Dating Possible Without Getting Scammed? by MrCork: 3:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
MrsChima:
Which country?

Laughing out loud as i walked off thread.

...OK,.where is Mrs Chima?...anybory seen the chick? angry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Dumb Couple: (pix) / Guys, What Will Be Your Response If A Fellow Guy Ask You This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.