Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (84384 Views)

Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Koko88(m): 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2014
ABU
UNN
Unilorin
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by hausadreturn(m): 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2014
Akpama47:
[b][/b] guy the person said from his own point of view I dnt knw y you igbo guys are always like this say what u think nd not trying to bring tribal sentiments into it.
hmmmmm, very funny. U dont want to bring sentiments, yet u mentioned igbo & then tribal. U should've argued without mentioning those words - abi how u see am?
>
ehen, and about d opinion stuff, u didnt just comprehend what i said well enough.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
Richiy:

And you are one of those who attribute your academic failure to other factors first

Now, hold this piece of advice close for life: Success has many fathers while failure is a standalone.

If you start blaming who and what not for your failures, you will lose a whole lot.

Now, other people wrote that JAMB with you and they did well. Maybe not as well as the other years but at least they were admitted and they didn't use any back door.

They wrote that same JAMB and post JAMB and scored over 300 too in post JAMB and am 100% certain most of them didn't know anybody.

So guy, get over your bitterness and do some serious self reflection without bitterness.

@Bolded...WORD!!
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
Dammytrager:
in my opinion I'll say these are d toughest

1.OAU
2.UI
3.Unilorin
4.Unilag
5.Funaab Unizik
6.Uniben

let's hear ur views

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
ehhyaaa!...where did you keep your IQ when you were about responding to my post?....Did you even understand what the topic was all about b4 you posted your comment?....sister,10,000 UNN wannabees applied for medsurg alone dis year...guess how many that had been taken after the release of primary and 1st supplementary lists?....BARELY 100...over 9,800 would still write JAMB next year...now if that doesn't define TOUGH competition,i wonder what does.....it's easier for Nigeria to win the world cup than for an average student to gain admission in2 the choicest courses[law,medsurg,pharmacy etc.] in UNN...ask another south-easterner if you doubt me

Who are the fellas that actually liked this fella's post? I mean, I saw 28 likes on this pathetic post. Like are you guys related to him or wat?

How on earth does he expect UNN with mbbs quota of nt more than 200 to admit 10,000 candidates?

Like this is sheer ignorance!

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by hausadreturn(m): 3:39pm On Nov 02, 2014
Evathyst:
Typical of all Unilorin stdnt, dey wldnt understand u b4 dey mouth-lash u. 2start wit, I'm not a Sir.
2ndly, I dnt reali mean all thr stdnts are indigenous to Ilorin, it's just a hyperbole. Lastly, u did advise me to read hard so dt Unilorin wil admit me. Lyk seriously? Me wey finish from OAU Ile-ife.
i dey feel u....Great Ife
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by hausadreturn(m): 3:45pm On Nov 02, 2014
irynterri:

my younger sis who sat for med/surg unn had 246 in jamb and an aggregate of 278 in all,wen she wnt fr unn pume she saw pple whu made up to 272 in jamb,a frnd of hers made 262 in jamb alone and 276 aggregate after clbrting dat dey had made it they did nt make merit list nd bought supp. form of #10,000 for biochem. still they were nt given admsn nd only 11 pple were gvn biochem.,My dear unn is a terrible skul dey barely gv admsn to dose whu deserve it ur 600k is al u nid,dey are rily living up to their name university of nigeria nd i am sure ma sis nd her frnd are nt the only affectd ones,dey hv bin changing pple's destines since time immemorial after reading hard for jamb u will be gvn combind biological sciences its painful nd u wunt undrstand till it happns to u or sm1 close to u

but it happens in all institutions. But i think OAu iS more competitive than UNN, trust me
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by tolustx(m): 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
chai...babe check my posts now[almost crying]...do i seem to you like a dullard in class?...even in my worst @cademic form,i won't pass for an average student...that's by the way....lemme make it clearer to you on how tough it could be to 'break through into' UNN [i rep the nation's future Gani fahenwmi's-LAW things constantly on my mind]...you are right about my being a jambite...took jamb and scored 230...it's too low for my standards but i have to accept it or hug a transformer,Dibu ojerinde would say to me.We've not met each other b4 but we do converse IN THE SPIRIT REALM....i sat for pume and made 310,which when added to my jamb score and divided by 2 would bring my average to 270...to cut a long story short...270 couldn't earn a place for me in a law faculty whose cut-off mark for people from my state is 273 [just 3 marks and i'd have been on the safe side]....Now i'm made to settle down with 'COMBINED SOCIAL SCIENCES'[supplementary list got released to days ago and the 'donkey' course had my name as those who got admitted to study it.UNN can really alter one's destiny].....blah blah blah...Story of my life...So you see,my beautiful angel...IT CAN REALLY GET THIS TOUGH WHEN YOU APPLY FOR UNN...End of story
U cannot make a judgement if u've not tried other universities. D same thing u r facing in UNN, som ppl are also facing in other universities. So each person can only speak in his own opinion. If u dnt agree wit d op, drop ur own opinion and dats it.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 02, 2014
The toughest schools to gain admission do not necessarily turn out to be the best school in the country, and the best schools in the country do not necessarily turn out to be the toughest to gain admission

In my opinion, I believe Unilag is the toughest school to gain admission because they are the only school that requires jst one sitting in O'level for all courses. Also, the school is the only school that requires all the applicants to posses credit passes in both english and maths in O'lvl, even if u're gunning for Law, Mass Comm, and other Art courses.

So I believe Unilag shld lead the list followed by Ilorin, then OAU, then UI, then FUNAAB, then Uniben.

1.Unilag
2.Unilorin
3.OAU
4.UI
5.FUNAAB
6.Uniben

3 Likes

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Mayour11(m): 3:52pm On Nov 02, 2014
Omimah:

Ogun State has the highest number of universities and other higher institutions in the country.

In addition, Ogun state institutions admits the highest number of students every year. Am happy to be an indigene of Ogun state.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by hausadreturn(m): 3:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
Prescott001:
its jamb plus post jamb divided by 2
OAU no be beans sha....they've got a history of raising d bar - just to see who gets there.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Penboy: 3:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
Guys..what about Kogi state university?? Tougher than getting 280 in USMLE! *tongue out*
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by hausadreturn(m): 4:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
chaloner:
this is purely the universities dat can never hav a merit list .....everytin is of money , who knw who and state of origin nd we re here celebrating rubbish..... Nigerians , we are our own problem , the earlier we solve who we are the better for all of us . Thank u , love u all . Happy sunday christians and happy friday Muslims
i'll not speak for other schools...but anyone here that made d merit list in OAU & didnt get admitted should just say ''ai'' & tell us how it happened
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by datguru: 4:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
Pr0ton:
I smell e-fight

Big nose! grin

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by xcoded(m): 4:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
u gorit
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Mbediogu(m): 4:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
no UNN?...Why am i even surprised when this is coming from a south-westerner who has not crossed the river Niger bridge b4 let alone entering Igboland?...[in phyno's voice]...JUO ESE...IFE ANA-ALU ADIRO EASY!

I guess he does not know. Getting in and staying in there is so difficult that at a time people virtually gave up on UNN. For me, it was 6 years hard labour with one year served at Ziks flats Nsukka. Hope all that has changed now?
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by datguru: 4:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
insults are my idea of a robust sense of humour....and the advice that followed??...i discarded it like used sanitary pads.Anyway shaa,i'm beginning to like you.It's been aeons since a lady stood her ground against mine,though i doubt if you can do that in real life with my intimidating eyes boring down on you and my acidic tongue hurting you to the marrow.....the last girl that challenged me....She changed school because of me grin

You are such a dick grin

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by ClintonNzedimma(m): 4:23pm On Nov 02, 2014
amakufrancis:
wat abt fupre?
fupre isnt hard but i can beat my chest to say it has one of the hardest if not the hardest post ume in Nigeria.
I wrote post ume this year there....i know what i saw.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Agrika: 4:30pm On Nov 02, 2014
UNN
ABU
OAU
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by pazienza(m): 4:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
Op pulled out the list from thin air and out of sentiments. No stats or criteria to back up his list.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by BabaTony: 4:33pm On Nov 02, 2014
What are you guys talking about sef?the most difficult school to ENTER is MADONNA UNIVERSITY. If you don't go there on visiting days and you don't have anyone in particular you are going to me just forget it.YOU CAN'T ENTER.

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by chaloner(m): 4:33pm On Nov 02, 2014
hausadreturn:
i'll not speak for other schools...but anyone here that made d merit list in OAU & didnt get admitted should just say ''ai'' & tell us how it happened
well may b true but u c dat uniben dere own is worst
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by abdrazak: 4:33pm On Nov 02, 2014
I wonder why LAUTECH not among them. Best State University for God Sake
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by amakufrancis(m): 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

fupre isnt hard but i can beat my chest to say it has one of the hardest if not the hardest post ume in Nigeria.
I wrote post ume this year there....i know what i saw.
i wrote too, wat was yur score?
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Opsygirl(f): 4:50pm On Nov 02, 2014
Why should OAU top dat list.#jst asking cos I'm a sec sch leaver
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
Dammytrager:
in my opinion I'll say these are d toughest

1.OAU
2.UI
3.Unilorin
4.Unilag
5.Funaab
6.Uniben

let's hear ur views

Of the greatest Ife, everconscious in all things, we the best!

Even if I'm half of breath ama Rep my alma-mata till I lose ma breath.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Kesmakveli(m): 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
This list is incomplete and inaccurate, there are more ommited universities that would have made that list. E.g Nnamdi Azikiwe Univeristy, Awka and so many others.

@ OP a recompilation next time will do.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 4:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
Mbediogu:

I guess he does not know. Getting in and staying in there is so difficult that at a time people virtually gave up on UNN. For me, it was 6 years hard labour with one year served at Ziks flats Nsukka. Hope all that has changed now?
6-years hard labour?ogbeni na prison sentence?...i'm yet to begin my own journey anyways
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Kesmakveli(m): 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
BabaTony:
What are you guys talking about sef?the most difficult school to ENTER is MADONNA UNIVERSITY. If you don't go there on visiting days and you don't have anyone in particular you are going to me just forget it.YOU CAN'T ENTER.
Where are the Mods? This comment should be moved to the comedy section of Nairaland.. grin

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
@ Op; you forgot the great ESUT
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by SleekyPosh(m): 5:05pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
stay clear,this third-party rat...i'm planning my honeymoon with my NL crush...and for what it's worth...What i say to her is none of your biz,nose-poker

Hey, No offence Buh I'm convinced ure simply a raving Lunatic with access to 5MB of data. Pray u get psychomedicated divine help Asap. Quote me and die.

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 5:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
tolustx:
U cannot make a judgement if u've not tried other universities. D same thing u r facing in UNN, som ppl are also facing in other universities. So each person can only speak in his own opinion. If u dnt agree wit d op, drop ur own opinion and dats it.
and what's keeping you from posting your own 'admission struggles'?......abeg post a convincing story and get close to 200 likes and me....and those following 'liking' ma posts...i'm so short of words to say...y'all are making me feel relevant even when UNN really undermined my efforts and made me feel like nobody...Thank you![sheds tears of joy and takes a bow b4 an appreciating audience]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Chris Ifeanyi's Duplex (Uniabuja SUG President) / The B Of Unilorin List / I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.