Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (84383 Views)

Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
FUTO..... you may enter oooo come and graduate let us see u nah.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
Rexnegro:

Why the hate , cos u sounded as if unn is an igbo state school that d op didn't acknowledge but a federal govt sch just like the ones he listed, he doesn't have to cross river Niger bridge before knowing how tough or not unn is, peoples oral explanation of their experiences with unn is enuf for some people behalf like d op ....beside he said in his own opinion...so y all the hating bro ?
dude, did u just called that hatin'?
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by VAQAXY: 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
The list is equally backed with JAMB compilation on the most sought-after universities in Nigeria which is the basis to determine application traffic based on merit or otherwise:

The most authentic list on toughest or hardest universities to enter in Nigeria goes thus in this order. These school records the highest application each time JAMB release result at least for the past 5 years till now. It is clear even in practical terms that these schools are not easy to come by because they all have sound academic programs and serious learning and research going on. This is without ethnic bias because it is purely based on documented ranking over the years.

- UNILORIN

- UNIZIK

- UNIBEN

- UNN

- UNILAG

http://www.slideshare.net/statisense/most-sought-after-tertiary-institutions-in-nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by williamson46: 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
so you are one of those who believe that there is an outrageous level of mass failure in external examinations b'cause students no longer read and are not serious with their studies?...Wrong school of thought!....that said,have you got to know what this same set of 'dullards' scored in their post utme?....Lemme drop an inkling...most people scored 300 and above as though the exams were prepared in their father's house....so Miss everyone-is-a-dullard-except-me,can you explain the discrepancy in performance in both exams?....4get it sister....Only Dibu and his cohorts know why just 47 people made 250 and above 2ru Jamb ppt mode
and what is your own source of information. He provide his, and to be candid it's only few nigerian students who read and prepare hard for exams. So most just resort to cheating and all that stuff. So, ur stance has got no ground. Everyone is responsible for whatever they get, it's totally wrong to cast blames
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
Rexnegro:

Why the hate , cos u sounded as if unn is an igbo state school that d op didn't acknowledge but a federal govt sch just like the ones he listed, he doesn't have to cross river Niger bridge before knowing how tough or not unn is, peoples oral explanation of their experiences with unn is enuf for some people behalf like d op ....beside he said in his own opinion...so y all the hating bro ?
that's my opinion you see there...not hate....please i beg you in the name of whatever you worship...don't misinterprete me next time
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Zammydagreat(m): 6:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
What about WEST-COAST university.... As far u can't rap u won't gain admission
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Kolade354(m): 6:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
...I sure know whom i'm talking to...He's an ATTENTION-SEEKING E-IDI.OT....[in adam oshimole's voice]NOW GO AND DIE!
omo ojukwu.......even ur father ojukwu brain no sharp pass awolowo u igbo are desperate ........u can use ur mother do money ritual which i expect u to do if u are broke.......Brokesassnigga

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Elisean(m): 6:20pm On Nov 02, 2014
of course, UNI(stress)BEN
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by wowo2: 6:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
Dammytrager:
in my opinion I'll say these are d toughest

1.OAU
2.UI
3.Unilorin
4.Unilag
5.Funaab
6.Uniben

let's hear ur views

It was when i was very young and was in a car entering into OAU a long time ago at the entrance gate i saw the security personnel using the long under vehicle security mirror to check underneath cars...it was a little interesting, i wouldn't say OAU was difficult to enter, just that their checks were funny when you want to enter. In any case I am now used to the device. I have now seen it used in a lot of films...hollywood films but not nollywood. MHO

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by SammyT95(m): 6:23pm On Nov 02, 2014
See this one where FUTA?
Taaaaaa your list ain't complete.
Greatest futarians.
Greatest Dekoites.
Greatest Apatapiti-itescheesycheesycheesy
how the 3 months break dy go?
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by chrislu(m): 6:29pm On Nov 02, 2014
I pasd through unn for 5 years and I can boldly say unn shud b @ d top of d list! Unn is way 2 complex 2 get in, my brodas n sistas Hmmm unn no b beans o
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by oliviastacey(f): 6:29pm On Nov 02, 2014
Kolade354:
omo ojukwu.......even ur father ojukwu brain no sharp pass awolowo u igbo are desperate ........u can use ur mother do money ritual which i expect u to do if u are broke.......Brokesassnigga
hmmm some ppl can hate for Africa sha! E-Beef #ain't cool dude
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by elobyobi: 6:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
Pr0ton:

'Toughest'

If u think paying over 500000 naira a year is not tough, then I'd like to be ur friend grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
stop hating....post something incisive and get the likes you crave....durrrrrh!

Young fella, I wasn't hating, u hear?! Ur post just didn't make sense, that's all.

How do u expect them to admit the whole 10,000 candidates into med & surg? Can 100 family members sleep comfortably in a one bedroom flat?
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 6:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
williamson46:
and what is your own source of information. He provide his, and to be candid it's only few nigerian students who read and prepare hard for exams. So most just resort to cheating and all that stuff. So, ur stance has got no ground. Everyone is responsible for whatever they get, it's totally wrong to cast blames
and few Nigerian students prepare hard for exams?....i'm almost certain you've got a kid sibling who would write jamb soon...how is his/her reading habits?...drop that notion of most nigerian students being poor readers-unless you're guilty of same...one thing people don't realise is this...i'm certain there are young peeps in our varsities 2day who are more accomplished writers than wole soyinka...you know why they aren't getting better recognition?.....In our society,A TRAILBLAZER ALWAYS STANDS HIGHEST...that's why nelson mandela's son would have to achieve @ last 2wice what his dad did b4 he would become more famous....it's critically hard to step in2 a great man's shoes,even when you do more than enough...

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Rexnegro(m): 6:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
that's my opinion you see there...not hate....please i beg you in the name of whatever you worship...don't misinterprete me next time
Thumbs up bro sori if I misinterpreted ur comment .
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Kolade354(m): 6:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
oliviastacey:
hmmm some ppl can hate for Africa sha! E-Beef #ain't cool dude
who dey beef u shey u be superstar ni u dont even have glory.......ojukwu don use ur glory from ur mama womb do jazz fight biafra......how much you and your family worth?.....pple beef successfull pple and i dont think you are among successfull pple.

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by justmenoni: 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2014
@op please what or how is it difficult to enter does university? if you don't own your own vehicle you can simply make use of the public transportation system or do you mean to say it's difficult to gain admission into some universities in naija? anyway my English is not too good sef but with this ur tittle mehn to gain admission to those universities might be difficult oooo unless you go runs everything grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 6:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
Marc9:

Young fella, I wasn't hating, u hear?! Ur post just didn't make sense, that's all.

How do u expect them to admit the whole 10,000 candidates into med & surg? Can 100 family members sleep comfortably in a one bedroom flat?
i can't cope with your style of argument...the 10k figure of medsurg applicants was just to show how hard one had to read to get admitted....now choosing 1 candidate out of every 100[100 successful/10,000 applicants] is an interesting definition of 'tough'....if you still can't make sense of my post...just stop reading,turn to a wall,and pray for more brain cells....If i wonder how mysterious he's going to find me when i start posting in parables....
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by NoContract(m): 6:43pm On Nov 02, 2014
Abeg you ejucated illetrates make una let us hear word jare.

The country churns out tens of thousand of graduates every year and yet Nigeria still imports toothpick.

And the same set of leaders have been ruling for over 30 years. What then is the usefullness of arguing over the toughest university iish?

17 year olds are holding protests in Hong Kong and co. Una dey here dey argue with pieces of paper certificates, with nothing to show for it.

And to imagine the OP (a graduate, I suppose) used the words ENTER instead of TO APPLY etc speaks a lot about the toughistry of the Nigerian educational system. What a sham.

To each his own. This is solely my opinion!

[img]http://3.bp..com/-a5wpQFeWNvA/UOmrcpCC4sI/AAAAAAAAJiM/06P7qw2bM0M/s640/63.jpg[/img]
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by blym4real: 6:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
butanep:
Op you are not far from the truth... These university are the best in Nigeria and the toughest... You just need to be intelligent to gain admission into these sch... They are also schools that admit based on merit... You brain is needed and not your money....

You re right Op
That is not true for unilorin
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
odave:
Law is 291 in oau this year...I suffered in that school, I grad. There this May elect/elect (conquistadors '13) to enter na yawa, to stay nah wahala. I agree with OP putting OAU on the list joo

Woow shocked shocked
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2014
Kolade354:
who dey beef u shey u be superstar ni u dont even have glory.......ojukwu don use ur glory from ur mama womb do jazz fight biafra......how much you and your family worth?.....pple beef successfull pple and i dont think you are among successfull pple.
i'd never trade words with a destined pure-water hawker....where's is my evidence of his being a destined hawker?...see how he spells the word 'successful'...kindergaten pupils can do better....
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by BabaTony: 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2014
BabaTony:
What are you guys talking about sef?the most difficult school to ENTER is MADONNA UNIVERSITY. If you don't go there on visiting days and you don't have anyone in particular you are going to me just forget it.YOU CAN'T ENTER.

It is far easier to enter a school like unilag than madonna just get to yaba down through community road and thats it! But Madonna na war ooo, apart from the distance the approvals before you pass just the gates no be here oo.:-)
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Pr0ton: 6:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
elobyobi:

If u think paying over 500000 naira a year is not tough, then I'd like to be ur friend grin

Lol... Not from that perspective jor
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by chiboy429(m): 6:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
Richiy:

1) Insults are never a way of humour. Sarcasm, probably, but never direct insults.

2) Am very certain that you are not as tall as I am for your eyes to "bore" into mine.

3) You may have an acidic tongue but I assure you I am quite immune to that. If I have something to say, I point it out and if I don't, I walk away. No hard feelings.

4) Am very sorry about your loss of admission into the faculty of Law. Did you shop, if yes, then you shouldn't have. If no, you didn't make the cut off mark.

5) We can actually physically try out a real life bout. When are you reaching school?

6) You can start by getting and maintaining a high GP as well as contacts so you can change courses by the end of the session.

7) Am not some scared little girl that backs off easily from a convincing argument.

I love your morale and your robust sense of articulation
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by lozanni(m): 7:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
Tinubu:
true talk... The UNN admission process is crap. Eight years ago, I had 269 in jamb, and got admitted on merit to study law in unn... At the registration point, one mad staff there said my ssce result was postdated( whatever that means) and stripped me of my admission. Na so I take cry go house, after my parents don hapi say dia baby boy don hammer enter unn. I had even been allocated hostel sef, had attended a few lectures, among other things.... All my efforts to even get philosophy fell through... It was later that one of the staff confided in me that since I am Yoruba, I should just forget trying to get in, because even the 'nwa afors' had not all gotten in... I cried my eyes out. I was so devastated that I could not even muster the energy to take the next JAMB.. Two years after, I mustered enough courage to take Jamb again, opting to study law at OAU as first choice... With my JAmB score of 272 and and post ume score of 298, na my house I dey wey news of my admission on merit come meet me, without lobbying any OAU staff, or knocking on any office Door. I only resumed in school to do my registration and commence lectures. Na the same 'post dated' result OAU accept without as much as a raise of an eyebrow. Having now graduated strong and presently in law school, my middle finger goes to UNN, and whatever it is associated with.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by chiboy429(m): 7:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
Evathyst:
U dey joke! If u wana know a Univ is tough, try Unilorin. No be only merit, na andy. If u'r not indigenous to ilorin(I dnt mean Kwara state o) ur name na sori.

I'm speaking 4rm experience cheesy

I'm w

Where are you schooling now or you have graduated
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by seedorfabbey: 7:02pm On Nov 02, 2014
Unibuja ,if u don't get dow na oyo for u
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by mayorall(m): 7:02pm On Nov 02, 2014
macklef:
Unilag mehn, tried like 2yrs back to back with the mindset unilag or nothing until my brain told me, ogbeni, u don dey grow bear bear o.

gringringrin

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 02, 2014
Those aren't universities they are prisons.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Princecalm(m): 7:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
hardbody:

Lets put it this way. My first degree was not in any of these Unis. Cut off for my program was 295. I scored 298. Jamb sent a list of only 40 names. We graduated with a final total list of about 95. After my first degree, i applied for Masters in Unilag, wrote a qualifying test and came second with 68.7%. I daresay i left unilag with a second degree that added no value to my life. And it is still one of the best universities i am told.

Anyways it has been said severally that a child who has not ventured any where believes his father has the largest farm.
i can't remember me or anyone sayin unilag is not among the best university in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Chris Ifeanyi's Duplex (Uniabuja SUG President) / The B Of Unilorin List / I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.