Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (84389 Views)

Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
I can't shout. My Alma mater has made the list again. E good make person go better school o! *Dancing shoki*
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
Simple question, u ppl cant answer, why unnecessary argument? @op, it is open university(NOUN) joo smileySimple question, u ppl cant answer, why unnecessary argument? @op, it is open university(NOUN) joo
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nelsizzy(m): 5:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
ehhyaaa!...where did you keep your IQ when you were about responding to my post?....Did you even understand what the topic was all about b4 you posted your comment?....sister,10,000 UNN wannabees applied for medsurg alone dis year...guess how many that had been taken after the release of primary and 1st supplementary lists?....BARELY 100...over 9,800 would still write JAMB next year...now if that doesn't define TOUGH competition,i wonder what does.....it's easier for Nigeria to win the world cup than for an average student to gain admission in2 the choicest courses[law,medsurg,pharmacy etc.] in UNN...ask another south-easterner if you doubt me
Guy stop ranting 11000+ applied for UNIBEN n Uniben onli nid 100. Xo no b onli UNN
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 5:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
SleekyPosh:

Hey, No offence Buh I'm convinced ure simply a raving Lunatic with access to 5MB of data. Pray u get psychomedicated divine help Asap. Quote me and die.
i don't think i've time for you....crawl in2 a cave and hibernate there till the next generation..,or better still...suit yourself with any action that takes your silly self away from my presence
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Kolade354(m): 5:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
no UNN?...Why am i even surprised when this is coming from a south-westerner who has not crossed the river Niger bridge b4 let alone entering Igboland?...[in phyno's voice]...JUO ESE...IFE ANA-ALU ADIRO EASY!
you these stupid son of ojukwu na u go split naija last.....you are too sentimental just because you are frm igbo land means igbo must be there.........I hate ur tribe

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 5:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
Larow:
you know UNN admits based on your average score in both jamb and screening. If you like, make 400/400 in your screening, if your jamb score is poor, your average will still be low! Who then are you to blame for this? Its yourself. The school is transparent enough
larow...don't try to bully me when you don't know me...you might be messing with the wrong dude...read subsequent posts and carefully construct better lines
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
Nelsizzy:
Guy stop ranting 11000+ applied for UNIBEN n Uniben onli nid 100. Xo no b onli UNN
you just want to attack me and get yourself some cheap popularity...sowie...i'm not in brawling mood....try next time
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 5:24pm On Nov 02, 2014
Kolade354:
you these stupid son of ojukwu na u go split naija last.....you are too sentimental just because you are frm igbo land means igbo must be there.........I hate ur tribe
kola,shut it @ 1ce...my opinion was needed by the op and i just helped him with it...PERIOD!...if you want something to attack...y not fold your hands into fists and turn the wall of your house into a punching bag?
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by iyobs7(f): 5:25pm On Nov 02, 2014
No Nigerian University is difficult to enter, if you have your money and connection, you will gain admission, VC has quota, Dep VC also has even common lecturers has... Just have connection and you are in, you hardly see any lecturers child that writes jamb or pume repeatedly... if there is transparency, those that work hard will never complain and those that knows their strength and are true to themselves will keep shut and stop complaining how difficult it is to gain admission
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 5:27pm On Nov 02, 2014
tolustx:
U cannot make a judgement if u've not tried other universities. D same thing u r facing in UNN, som ppl are also facing in other universities. So each person can only speak in his own opinion. If u dnt agree wit d op, drop ur own opinion and dats it.
and i did just that....now would you stop hating and post your own opinion?
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by thiefnubu(m): 5:28pm On Nov 02, 2014
irynterri:

my younger sis who sat for med/surg unn had 246 in jamb and an aggregate of 278 in all,wen she wnt fr unn pume she saw pple whu made up to 272 in jamb,a frnd of hers made 262 in jamb alone and 276 aggregate after clbrting dat dey had made it they did nt make merit list nd bought supp. form of #10,000 for biochem. still they were nt given admsn nd only 11 pple were gvn biochem.,My dear unn is a terrible skul dey barely gv admsn to dose whu deserve it ur 600k is al u nid,dey are rily living up to their name university of nigeria nd i am sure ma sis nd her frnd are nt the only affectd ones,dey hv bin changing pple's destines since time immemorial after reading hard for jamb u will be gvn combind biological sciences its painful nd u wunt undrstand till it happns to u or sm1 close to u

true talk... The UNN admission process is crap. Eight years ago, I had 269 in jamb, and got admitted on merit to study law in unn... At the registration point, one mad staff there said my ssce result was postdated( whatever that means) and stripped me of my admission. Na so I take cry go house, after my parents don hapi say dia baby boy don hammer enter unn. I had even been allocated hostel sef, had attended a few lectures, among other things.... All my efforts to even get philosophy fell through... It was later that one of the staff confided in me that since I am Yoruba, I should just forget trying to get in, because even the 'nwa afors' had not all gotten in... I cried my eyes out. I was so devastated that I could not even muster the energy to take the next JAMB.. Two years after, I mustered enough courage to take Jamb again, opting to study law at OAU as first choice... With my JAmB score of 272 and and post ume score of 298, na my house I dey wey news of my admission on merit come meet me, without lobbying any OAU staff, or knocking on any office Door. I only resumed in school to do my registration and commence lectures. Na the same 'post dated' result OAU accept without as much as a raise of an eyebrow. Having now graduated strong and presently in law school, my middle finger goes to UNN, and whatever it is associated with.

4 Likes

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2014
Marc9:

Who are the fellas that actually liked this fella's post? I mean, I saw 28 likes on this pathetic post. Like are you guys related to him or wat?

How on earth does he expect UNN with mbbs quota of nt more than 200 to admit 10,000 candidates?

Like this is sheer ignorance!
stop hating....post something incisive and get the likes you crave....durrrrrh!
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by wengerjay(m): 5:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
ehhyaaa!...where did you keep your IQ when you were about responding to my post?....Did you even understand what the topic was all about b4 you posted your comment?....sister,10,000 UNN wannabees applied for medsurg alone dis year...guess how many that had been taken after the release of primary and 1st supplementary lists?....BARELY 100...over 9,800 would still write JAMB next year...now if that doesn't define TOUGH competition,i wonder what does.....it's easier for Nigeria to win the world cup than for an average student to gain admission in2 the choicest courses[law,medsurg,pharmacy etc.] in UNN...ask another south-easterner if you doubt me
The number of medical students each med sch can admit has been 'pegged' by medical and dental council of nigeria(mdcn).It is nt abt being tough with admission,if any sch admits more than the number allotted to it,the list wil be rejected by the council.As a result,UNN must not admit more than 100 medical students into the 100L every session.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
OjeriakhiVictor:

Uncle u can lie o..if 10000 applied for one course aw many applied for d rest, aw many wrote jamb, aw many passed jamb..if u wnt to lie next time pls use smaller numbers
Google is specially dedicated to doubting thomases like you...Help yourself!
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 5:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
MORNDEW:

choicest? shocked
you've not heard that b4?....ehhyaaa!...you must be lagging behind in your english...lemme ask....did you get your primary and secondary education @ a community school?
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by odave: 5:39pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
291 as cut-off mark is just your post utme score alone or your jamb added to your post utme and divided by 2?...Lie to me...[you don watch dat film?]*sticks out tongue*

Utme + putme divided by 2...mr smart. You can counter it wt ur 'evidence'
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
Gordieshegz:

These courses u listed are equally hard to gain admissions into even harder in other universities...u should ask guys who got like an aggregate of 260,chose medicine or dentistry and ended up being given biochemistry,microbiology,botany nd d likes, or d wounded lawyers in english or philosophy and d likes in OAU-IFE...so consider other courses and not these courses that are highly sought after in every university that offers them...
260 bro?...i'm talking about 270 here...tell me the gospel truth...a law wannabe would settle down with english @ OAU with that score?...and even English is more prestigious than what i got @ last...Imagine Combined social sciences
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 5:45pm On Nov 02, 2014
Lawstudent:
you can change to law later. Btw you sound so smug and complacent, negative epithet in my book.
bro,how did you know?...I'm so smug in real-life....but not when my interest is @ stake....trust me,i got this machavellian tendency...I CAN KILL FOR THINGS I TREASURE SO MUCH
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by butanep(m): 5:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
lynpetra:
UNN
UI
UNI BEN(Got admission on my first attempt back in the days)
UNILAG
OAU

If you use bribe enter this school s,You are on your own.They will allow you to relax study and pass exams till final year and then you are kicked out.
you are very correct... Gain admission into uniben the first time post ume was introduced... I wrote my exams and went to my father's home because I know I had done my best....

I was in my bed sleeping when I got a call I ve been offered admission...

Theses universities are tough because you have to read your head for your brain to become red hot before you can gained admission...and their admission is strictly based on merit.... unlike other schools...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 5:48pm On Nov 02, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

fupre isnt hard but i can beat my chest to say it has one of the hardest if not the hardest post ume in Nigeria.
I wrote post ume this year there....i know what i saw.
lol...bros that exam was easy. The only thing that made fupre difficult this year is the faulty marking.
add to that the fact that no clear cutoff for any course.

Aside this, fupre is very easy if you are lucky, the biggest problem is you may not get your desired course, irrespective of score!
The non transprency makes it very tricky to get into.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 5:50pm On Nov 02, 2014
OAU guys....i've heard you......now drop my matter like it's hot akara ball...else i'd invoke Amadioha to alter your destinies with thunder
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 5:50pm On Nov 02, 2014
OAU guys....i've heard you......now drop my matter like it's hot akara ball...else i'd invoke Amadioha to alter your destinies with thunder cry
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by logica(m): 5:53pm On Nov 02, 2014
Tinubu:
true talk... The UNN admission process is crap...
Why did you even bother to try getting in UNN in the first place?
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by odave: 5:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
tolustx:
U cannot make a judgement if u've not tried other universities. D same thing u r facing in UNN, som ppl are also facing in other universities. So each person can only speak in his own opinion. If u dnt agree wit d op, drop ur own opinion and dats it.
Tolu how far nah? Its barclays o, Holu 'conquistador' how ur posting? Don't mind d boy joor, he's Mr. Know it all. Hope you are good bro?
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 5:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
wengerjay:
The number of medical students each med sch can admit has been 'pegged' by medical and dental council of nigeria(mdcn).It is nt abt being tough with admission,if any sch admits more than the number allotted to it,the list wil be rejected by the council.As a result,UNN must not admit more than 100 medical students into the 100L every session.
9ice info bro...though i must confess...the failed 9,900 candidates who would apply for medsurg again next year...i don't think they mean a thing to you....please turn down your unsympathetic/sadist tone
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by butanep(m): 5:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

fupre isnt hard but i can beat my chest to say it has one of the hardest if not the hardest post ume in Nigeria.
I wrote post ume this year there....i know what i saw.
That is because you didn't read hard... when you don't read, exams become very hard to you but those that read always call it a cheap exams...
That's life for you...
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Kolade354(m): 5:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
kola,shut it @ 1ce...my opinion was needed by the op and i just helped him with it...PERIOD!...if you want something to attack...y not fold your hands into fists and turn the wall of your house into a punching bag?
the whole of ur family cant talk to a whole me like that...do u know who you are talking to?......you scumbag.......your generation are villian and desperate to kill.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by thiefnubu(m): 6:02pm On Nov 02, 2014
logica:
Why did you even bother to try getting in UNN in the first place?
because I had no idea they were so tribalistic...
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 6:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
Kolade354:
the whole of ur family cant talk to a whole me like that...do u know who you are talking to?......you scumbag.......your generation are villian and desperate to kill.
...I sure know whom i'm talking to...He's an ATTENTION-SEEKING E-IDI.OT....[in adam oshimole's voice]NOW GO AND DIE!
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by phemmyjohnson: 6:07pm On Nov 02, 2014
geedot:
What's your definition of tough?
Because most of the universities the op listed{apart from FUNAAB and UNILORIN} all have cut-offs, So is either you meet ur cut-off and get admitted or settle for lesser course or not even given any..
My point is all universities that operates that way to me are not tough! I'd rather use stiff competition..
But for FUNAAB, UNILORIN etc that doesn't have a transparent method of admission to me re the toughest ones to gain admission..
Had a friend that sat for UNILORIN's post-utme thrice and scored 65, 72, 68 respectively but wasn't admitted(he's a newly admitted psychology student at UI with no stress at all) and people with lesser score were given which he knew of, now that's my own definition of tough!!!
So if you belong to those schools that admits on merit, pls don't come here and spit crap that your school is tough to get admission, because you didn't meet the cut-off which at least 50-60 people met doesn't mean it's tough.. Because those that met it had only a brain like yours and yet they beat you to it..
Instead of lamenting on how high cut-off is, may be you should spend that time more in reading because you knew how competitive your course/school was before choosing it.. Score 90% in any post-utme and tell me why you won't get admitted unless you had a very low jamb score..

This appears to be the best post from the first page to the fifth..
Logically the best..

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Rexnegro(m): 6:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
no UNN?...Why am i even surprised when this is coming from a south-westerner who has not crossed the river Niger bridge b4 let alone entering Igboland?...[in phyno's voice]...JUO ESE...IFE ANA-ALU ADIRO EASY!

Why the hate , cos u sounded as if unn is an igbo state school that d op didn't acknowledge but a federal govt sch just like the ones he listed, he doesn't have to cross river Niger bridge before knowing how tough or not unn is, peoples oral explanation of their experiences with unn is enuf for some people behalf like d op ....beside he said in his own opinion...so y all the hating bro ?
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 02, 2014
u 4got unn n' esut.
They can frustrate ur life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Chris Ifeanyi's Duplex (Uniabuja SUG President) / The B Of Unilorin List / I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.