Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. (35783 Views)

Should I Give My Unfaithful Tenant An Eviction Notice? / Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force / Become A Landlord Today And Cease From Being A Tenant With Just N34,000!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by eunisam: 5:09am On Nov 01, 2014
this is a valid judgement.this landlords self.
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by born2boink(m): 5:10am On Nov 01, 2014
Optional fine of 50,000. I know there will surely be additional information, probably, the landlord will pay for the damages for a period of time, I know it won't just end that way.
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by Suarezilla(m): 5:12am On Nov 01, 2014
Serves him right. When an illitrate landlord forcefully ejects a litrate tenant, na so the mater dey always end.
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by cole265(m): 5:20am On Nov 01, 2014
May God give us patience in all things. Anger and frustrations can drive you crazy and blind you from following lawful means at times. This landlady must have been seriously frustrated to have taken this extreme option. Very many other means she could have adopted.

That tenants is obviously a trouble maker. Landlady, take ur judgement with pride at least u have learnt something.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by Godfullsam(m): 5:29am On Nov 01, 2014
Wetin concern me
Make i reserve my comments before my land lord see my comment. The man is a Nlander undecided.
I no want wahala

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by SmellOfSecondMonkey(f): 5:34am On Nov 01, 2014
I need a cool guy who has a big and long diick to be my 2nd boyfriend. I love sex and one man can't please me. If you are capable you know what to do smiley
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by koikoi2(m): 5:37am On Nov 01, 2014
The last part of d judgment dat says "or to pay
an option of fine of N50, 000" shud be removed so dat d prison sentence will serve her right.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by lekjons(m): 5:42am On Nov 01, 2014
cant u c dat woman's name ni? Adakeja(1 who fight silently) grin

1 Like

Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by Cornel88(m): 5:46am On Nov 01, 2014
I am not satisfy with the details.

Whether he was given a sufficient notice; Whether the landlord got courts oder to evict;
If the landlord choose the option of N50,000 bail, what will that mean to the tenant's N300,000 worth of property that got damage?
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by lekjons(m): 5:49am On Nov 01, 2014
irunobo2:
I need a cool guy who has a big and long diick to be my 2nd boyfriend. I love sex and one man can't please me. If you are capable you know what to do
sori bro.bt evry1 knws u'r a male! u cant fool nairalanders wit dis any longer undecided smiley

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by ubanuel: 5:50am On Nov 01, 2014
Very good development, how I wish the judge will be transfer to Mushin Lagos
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by Cornel88(m): 5:51am On Nov 01, 2014
modelmike7:
The Judge should kindly be transfer to Lagos ASAP, by the time like 10 Landlords land for jail, the others will learn their lessons and treat their tenants like TFC customers!!!

If the Judge was transfered to Lagos, the statute referred to, Section 401 of the Criminal Code; Cap C 16, Laws of Ekiti State, 2013 will not be applicable in Lagos.
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by Cornel88(m): 5:57am On Nov 01, 2014
Sweetcollins:
May God make him a tenant by the time he comes back from the dungeon
Which dungeon?
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by sekzy99(m): 5:58am On Nov 01, 2014
i need a job onboard a ship, studied marine engineering. Have my stcw 95,medical n discharge book ready. Momlilyseyi@ gmail.com or 08023373302Thanks
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by Mrvalue: 6:01am On Nov 01, 2014
there are existing process, you dont just ignore it just because you are a landlord. this should be a deterrement to other landlords
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by eleko1: 6:07am On Nov 01, 2014
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by samseen02(m): 6:12am On Nov 01, 2014
N50k is too small na when property worth over 300k was damaged. Though good for those bad landlord/landlady. They should transfer d magistrate to lagos
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by Mrvalue: 6:13am On Nov 01, 2014
some tenant are stubborn. i could recalled of a tenant who stayed in my father house for 4years without paying a dime.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 01, 2014
ibedun:
Useless tenants, go and die or build your own house.

Especially so with those marauding defaulting SE people in Lagos.

You think the people you refer to don't have houses in their home town? What would you be called if you traveled to another town or abroad, will you travel with your house?

6 Likes

Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by oluwafestus(m): 6:20am On Nov 01, 2014
eceke007:
Use have heard the story of the court and the magistrate but have not heard the story of the landlord. A reasonable landlord will not eject a tenant without reason. Do you know whether the tenant fulfils his obligation by paying his rent, I don't support the landlord removing the roof of the house like that. Let us reason together
. There is no justification to the action of the landlady. She took laws into her hands by removing the roof of the tenant. There are legal ways of ejecting tenant. Come to think of dis. Haven't u seen landlords or landladies that will take a tenat to court without the tenant knowing abt it? Only to come back from work and see his or her load outside. Waiting for God and also the law to punish such landlords and landladies too and also praying that God blesses the Good ones among them and lastly provide for tenant to also become landlords soonest IJN AMEN

1 Like

Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by UnknownT: 6:22am On Nov 01, 2014
Even the "most stingy" man on earth will pay that #50000 to avoid the 3yrs jail term. Btw,where do fine and bail money go to after they have being paid?
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by Desdola(m): 6:23am On Nov 01, 2014
ibedun:
Useless tenants, go and die or build your own house.

Especially so with those marauding defaulting SE people in Lagos.
one with a low IQ

4 Likes

Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by Lilyalacutey(f): 6:24am On Nov 01, 2014
na wa oo for Nigeria agn oo[b]na wa oo for Nigeria agn oo[/b]na wa oo for Nigeria agn oo
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by Lilyalacutey(f): 6:25am On Nov 01, 2014
[s][/s]na wa oo
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by Lilyalacutey(f): 6:26am On Nov 01, 2014
na wa oo
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by Lilyalacutey(f): 6:27am On Nov 01, 2014
na wa oo lipsrsealed
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by Lilyalacutey(f): 6:28am On Nov 01, 2014
[sup][/sup][/color][color=#550000][email][/email][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=8pt][/size]na wa oo lipsrsealed
na wa oo lipsrsealed
na wa oo lipsrsealed
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by vivalavida(m): 6:31am On Nov 01, 2014
Why wont she remove the zinc anyhow? Abi is it not that brown rusted zinc roof that adorns all the houses in interior South West Nigeria?

Had it been she used Long-span roofing sheets or those Stone-coated tiles roofing materials that are quite xpensive that igbo boiz are known to use to roof their houses,she wouldnt try that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by Bright2(m): 6:32am On Nov 01, 2014
50k fine for all the suffering ,the tenant is still @ lost. The judgment inversely favoured the Landlady.
Re: Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force. by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 01, 2014
50k fine lol the landlady will obviously pay the fine.

Yes i agree there are wicked, greedy landlords but there are also wicked and heartless tenants.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Returns From SALAH Feasting Only To Find Her House On Fire / Photos From The Building Collapse In Isheri-Magodo, Lagos In The Morning / Landlord Evicts Tenant Not Knowing That His Daughter Has Collected Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.