Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

culture - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / culture (1636 Views)

Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? / Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman / I Love My Nigerian Boyfriend! But Our Barriers Are Yoruba Culture! I'm American. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

culture by Nobody: 3:38am On Nov 20, 2008
??
Re: culture by category(m): 7:41am On Nov 20, 2008
Relationship is never a function of age.
But is a function of Love.

I'm out meanwhile, 'll be back to expanciate.
Re: culture by Foxriver(m): 8:44am On Nov 20, 2008
U r talkin abt datin a young guy, can i ask u a question?DO u love d guy answers dat ur self.I want 2 tell a storey abt ma self.I have a friend a girl we have been friends way back 2000.We r 2 close now.We both have everytin in common,same birthday,same age,same day n now we r both askin our self out.I dont care wot ppl wil say since d love is there.So follow ur heart
Re: culture by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 20, 2008
If you are dating just for fun, thats okay . . but marriage? Nah!!!
Re: culture by Ben13: 9:29am On Nov 20, 2008
no!
Re: culture by snazzy82(m): 9:49am On Nov 20, 2008
naturally, love is a function of oneself.love can be a decision considered individually so forget about wat p/p will say
Re: culture by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 20, 2008
@topic
NO.
Re: culture by smooooooth: 10:11am On Nov 20, 2008
men are affected by age, whether we admit it or not

they will only marry an older woman when there ia an underlying cause

could be beauty, wealth, success,

so unless u got one of these then i suggest you just have fun and dnt look

forward to marriage, cos as for love he can find that with any younger lady

when he is ready for marriage, then the age factor will come to mind

expecially when u dont have any of the underlying cause that can close his eyes to the age difference.
Re: culture by kwenu: 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2008
love knows no boundries, forget about people say people no say
Re: culture by HRhotness(f): 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2008
what has society got to do with "YOUR" relationship?
its only a years diff by the way so it is not even relevant. . . even if it was as long as u both hav no issues with it ( him esp as men tend to get insecure when their woman is older), then u've got no problems. stop bringing other pple into a relationship that is between just u 2
Re: culture by chika98: 8:39pm On Nov 20, 2008
If you like him then go ahead. But i won't date someone who I'm older than. No way jose!
Re: culture by v3: 8:58pm On Nov 20, 2008
See, my girlfriends already a mother of 4 as she's in her late 30's and i'm in my early 20's, she's not what i'd call super-rich, we have our differences, but we still resolve the issues amicably, I don't have a problem dating older ladies, I just feel its stupid when a lady says she can't date younger guys,

@ those ladies, when u clock 30, would u STILL marry a man who can't EVEN get u to cloud 9?, Stupid SISTAZ!!!, God, y'all could be REALLY offensive wit yer st8mnts sometimes,

Kelvin
Re: culture by sillyboy(m): 10:34pm On Nov 20, 2008
@ Topic.

I don't see anything wrong with it. . . . so far you too understands yourself and are ready to face the future . . .then just do what makes you feel happy. I have seen many immature elderly men and so many matured young guys.

My best relationship so far was with a woman 6 years older than me. . . so I dont think it bad undecided
Re: culture by A40(m): 10:45pm On Nov 20, 2008
Maturity is what matters i would date an older woman without even batting an eye-lid

@poster of topic
A year is insignificant if you really like this guy you might as well ditch her if he is a second younger than you my sister age is nothing but a number.Society would accept you guys the age difference is too minimal to even cause a problem
Re: culture by jgirl3: 12:36am On Nov 21, 2008
labalaba:

I am sorry if this thread has been done before but i looked and couldnt find anything.
sooo my dear sisters and brothers on Nairaland,  give me your honest and sincere opinions.
I am a 22yr old who is currently involved with a 21 year old. i know it's unspoken of in our culture for a woman to date a younger guy, i guess we just have a cultural perception that everything is wrong with it.
this boy is very mattured, i mean my ex was 27 and he(21) treats me way better than my ex he used to. he just gets me, he makes me sooooo veryyy happy grin. but yeah,  all the mushiness aside,  i don't think the society will accept us,  i don't even think his parents or mine would go along with it.
he dosnt care very much about the age diffrence but i do,  i would love to c a future with us but i think it will be impossible embarassed.
so what should i do?
Age is nothing but a number. I've seen 30-year olds act like 13-year olds.
I know what you mean and I agree with the fact that it may look a tad outta place. Just make sure you respect him the way he respects you. Don't ever mention the age thing, in his presence or absence to try and hurt him in anger. Society will accept you. It's not like it has a strong force like love.
Re: culture by DarkRxn(f): 12:40am On Nov 21, 2008
Age is nothing but a number, but I still say no
Re: culture by sillyboy(m): 12:46am On Nov 21, 2008
y ?
Re: culture by DarkRxn(f): 1:04am On Nov 21, 2008
because. . . .
Re: culture by A40(m): 1:11am On Nov 21, 2008
Dark_Rxn:

Age is nothing but a number, but I still say no
So if he is all you ever wanted and you found out he is just a year or two younger than you you would throw it all away?
Re: culture by DarkRxn(f): 1:14am On Nov 21, 2008
A-40:

So if he is all you ever wanted and you found out he is just a year or two younger than you you would throw it all away?
see ya head grin I knew someone was going to ask that

Pretty much. There are so many other fishes in the sea, it's impossible not to find another one. Soul mate? phhhht, gimme a break tongue
Re: culture by H2O2: 1:14am On Nov 21, 2008
I didnwouldn't mind dating a woman a few years older than me  cool
Re: culture by jgirl3: 1:15am On Nov 21, 2008
H2O2:

I didnwouldn't mind dating a woman a few years older than me  cool
Of course you wouldn't. Oniranu!
People like you like old wine.
Re: culture by H2O2: 1:16am On Nov 21, 2008
j-girl:

Of course you wouldn't. Oniranu!
People like you like Old wine.

What's wrong with you? Ki lon worry e. Is dating a crime ni?
Re: culture by sillyboy(m): 1:16am On Nov 21, 2008
Pretty much. There are so many other fishes in the sea, that it's impossible not to find another one. Soul mate? phhhht, gimme a break

Hey pal, other ladies wouldn't wait for you to have a filled time going over scare qualitative commodities like that   undecided

Please, am still expecting your reasons for saying no.
Re: culture by H2O2: 1:17am On Nov 21, 2008
Moreover, they don't whine as much.

so i was told.
Re: culture by jgirl3: 1:18am On Nov 21, 2008
H2O2:

What's wrong with you? Ki lon worry e. Is dating a crime ni?
Not at all. . . however, here's the problem.
H2O2:

Moreover, they don't whine as much.

so i was told.
You will now start with your abuses towards women again.
So you were told ko, so you were said ni!
Re: culture by eldee(m): 1:18am On Nov 21, 2008
@topic
What?? I love older women !!!
Even as much as pple try to hide it, all things being equal you're much more mature than you were four years ago
To be on the safe side . . . stick with experience
Re: culture by DarkRxn(f): 1:20am On Nov 21, 2008
eldee:

@topic
What?? I love older women !!!
Even as much as people try to hide it, all things being equal you're much more mature than you were four years ago
To be on the safe side . . . stick with experience
sugar daddy grin grin grin

sillyboy:

Hey pal, other ladies wouldn't wait for you to have a filled time going over scare qualitative commodities like that undecided

Please, am still expecting your reasons for saying no.
Those are other girls. I can'e date a younger man, simple.
Re: culture by sillyboy(m): 1:22am On Nov 21, 2008
Those are other girls. I can'e date a younger man, simple

Seem you dont wanna share your opinion. I respect the fact that you can't. I would just wanna know why and I believe some other people would like to know too. wink
Re: culture by DarkRxn(f): 1:25am On Nov 21, 2008
Ok, here it goes.
I won't feel the need to respect him. He's my younger, kilo de? undecided
grin grin grin I behave more mature than my age, people would start thinking am his mother if I cannot respect him. I'd start to treat him like a lil boy.
Apart from that, there's more to it that I can't explain. . . .so. . . .yea
Re: culture by eldee(m): 1:31am On Nov 21, 2008
Dark_Rxn:

sugar daddy grin grin grin
You urself know I'm much too mature for my age
It's much more fun and challenging with a lil bit older chics
Re: culture by sillyboy(m): 1:47am On Nov 21, 2008
@ RXN

I get it now. . . . . undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tough Question / Can You Help Me Out With This Situation With A Nigerian Man? / Guys:can U Marry Someone Richer Than You/ Ladies:can U Marry A Guy Not As Rich?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.