Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? (8312 Views)

Sex before marriage Is A Sin, Fyn. Is Kissing before marriage A Sin? / Is Kissing And Romancing Before Marriage 'Fornication' ? / Is Kissing An Essential Ingredient In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by Lokooneone(m): 10:32am On Apr 22, 2012
The habit of mingling of tongue and swaping of saliva(kissing)in this age is quite alarming especially in Nigeria.

Taken a look at the dusty archive of homosapiens,the act was practiced and perfected by the whites.

In Africa today and particular in my dear country Naija,we kiss till the cow comes home.Kissing no doubt should be one of the prerequisite to sex and it should be engaged in secrecy just as sex(u may kiss d bride is an exemption)

Apart from the movies,I see people in public places kissing eachother and scaring the horses.The other day,I bumped into two teenagers eaten up eachother's lip as if there is no 2morrow.Has it come to this was the qst I couldn't provide answer to myself.

Kissing is certainly one of the ways to show you love the opposite sex and its not a crime that we've embraced it.But is it part of our culture to kiss?Kissing with reckless abandoned at that.

1 Like

Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by Lokooneone(m): 10:35am On Apr 22, 2012
Its so bad that many(especially ladies)ve lost count of the lips they've screwed.#10bad
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by brainchild78(m): 10:54am On Apr 22, 2012
kissing is not a bad thing but it should be more preserved and used sacredly.
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by dclergy: 11:16am On Apr 22, 2012
@brainchild.U re right.
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:26am On Apr 22, 2012
kissing is not a big deal.

1 Like

Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by Aizebioje(m): 11:31am On Apr 22, 2012
I've always imagined hw my ist kiss is gon be...but after watching 9ja movies and seeing these touts kiss at every corner,just 1 word comes to my mind...GROSS
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 22, 2012
Kissing is cool and its African.
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by lordpapi(m): 11:35am On Apr 22, 2012
Kissing is not a big deal. Yes. Bt it becomes a bigger deal when u do it without respect to social morality.
Kissing causes sexual arousal and I believe that no sane person would like to feel Hot n craving for sex in public places.
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by megareal: 11:39am On Apr 22, 2012
Kiss!!!! With the number of adults going around with bad breaths...? hmmmmmmn, tis too much to ask.
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by dclergy: 11:40am On Apr 22, 2012
Okija_juju: kissing is not a big deal.

Bt wil it b a big deal if u catch ur friend eaten up ur fiancee's lips?
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by Zizer17(m): 11:40am On Apr 22, 2012
i believe kissing is not as bad as we see it... its just dat we youth nowadaz abuse it
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by Daadaaa: 11:46am On Apr 22, 2012
Kissing is deep nd emotional for me.i must really be in love with d guy before I go into deep kissing wit him.cos we r exchanging saliva nd all.luv sees no fault.
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 22, 2012
in nigeria, we abuse evry tin .. sex, alcohol, drugs. politics.. in fact, d rate of corruption in nigeria is an abuse to corruption.
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 22, 2012
Loko one one: The habit of mingling of tongue and swaping of saliva(kissing)in this age is quite alarming especially in Nigeria.

Taken a look at the dusty archive of homosapiens,the act was practiced and perfected by the whites.

In Africa today and particular in my dear country Naija,we kiss till the cow comes home.Kissing no doubt should be one of the prerequisite to sex and it should be engaged in secrecy just as sex(u may kiss d bride is an exemption)

Apart from the movies,I see people in public places kissing eachother and scaring the horses.The other day,I bumped into two teenagers eaten up eachother's lip as if there is no 2morrow.Has it come to this was the qst I couldn't provide answer to myself.

Kissing is certainly one of the ways to show you love the opposite sex and its not a crime that we've embraced it.But is it part of our culture to kiss?Kissing with reckless abandoned at that.

backward mentality!!!!
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by Pain(m): 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2012
Is making love part of our culture?

2 Likes

Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by markovnikoff001(m): 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2012
Can we just stop using the "culture" word over every little thing? If your culture holds you down, discard it and move on to better things. Oh I guess the internet is your culture, that is why you signed in here and posted that.

3 Likes

Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by Exponental(m): 12:36pm On Apr 22, 2012
Pain: Is making love part of our culture?

abi ooooooo. Kissing is no mans culture. It's a way of expression.

Btw, its not our culture 2 kiss openly, but if we practice our culture alone, no white collar jobs, no atm, no internet, no automobiles......no civilization.
Civilization has coursed us 2 mingle.

1 Like

Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by StellaBella(f): 12:57pm On Apr 22, 2012
Kissing is not a part of our culture but
Nyashing is wink
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by BUSHMAN1: 1:04pm On Apr 22, 2012
Exponental:

abi ooooooo. Kissing is no mans culture. It's a way of expression.

Btw, its not our culture 2 kiss openly, but if we practice our culture alone, no white collar jobs, no atm, no internet, no automobiles......no civilization.
Civilization has coursed us 2 mingle.
surely there must be an exception i am not into "culture" mentality but c,mon!should we also adopt lesbianism and homosexualism for the sake of "CIVILIZATION"? you dont choose the ones(civilizastion) that suits you its either all or none
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by BUSHMAN1: 1:13pm On Apr 22, 2012
i think nigerians take everything to the extreme, if we must copy the white people by kissing we must also copy them in production,inventions,democracy and development of our nation too, not just (kissing)the destroctive ones, me personaly do not like the swapping of DNA through kissing
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by Fynist(m): 1:19pm On Apr 22, 2012
Ever heard of Nigerian Kiss.Since the day i kissed a girl.who bit my lips and deposited 10litres of saliva for my Mouth.i nor dey gree kiss some naija babes again

1 Like

Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by mygsmnairacom(m): 1:35pm On Apr 22, 2012
Fynist: Ever heard of Nigerian Kiss.Since the day i kissed a girl.who bit my lips and deposited 10litres of saliva for my Mouth.i nor dey gree kiss some naija babes again

Unu no go kill person.
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by kaiter: 2:26pm On Apr 22, 2012
Kissing is not a big deal. Yes. Bt it becomes a bigger deal when u do it without respect to social morality.
[img]http://www.egala.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by obailala(m): 2:27pm On Apr 22, 2012
Why do most people think everything we do in africa is copied from the whites? angry angry
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2012
Fynist: Ever heard of Nigerian Kiss.Since the day i kissed a girl.who bit my lips and deposited 10litres of saliva for my Mouth.i nor dey gree kiss some naija babes again
ROTFLMAO....ol boy na imbe.cile she be? And you just open your mouth dey collect am.
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by Killz3(m): 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2012
Am i the only one who thinks this thread is dumb? Very soon, he'll ask if sex positions like wink & cheesy are part of our culture, and of course, it will make front page. . .

Shake my head!

3 Likes

Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by yommy2sure(m): 2:36pm On Apr 22, 2012
markovnikoff001: Can we just stop using the "culture" word over every little thing? If your culture holds you down, discard it and move on to better things. Oh I guess the internet is your culture, that is why you signed in here and posted that.
wow i scrolled down looking for this...God bless you jare, everything culture, culture, abeg isnt it our culture to kill twins, label ss children ogbanje, segregate some people that they are osu, circumcize females...i couldn go on... Cant we just rationalize our thinking since knowledge is so abundant now @op, sorry o, go ask google! next time let the topic of ur post be something like...guys what do u tink about kising @ a time like this? Enuff said!
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by obelisk(m): 3:01pm On Apr 22, 2012
dumb ass thread undecided
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by olafusimic(m): 3:27pm On Apr 22, 2012
Truth.
yommy2sure: wow i scrolled down looking for this...God bless you jare, everything culture, culture, abeg isnt it our culture to kill twins, label ss children ogbanje, segregate some people that they are osu, circumcize females...i couldn go on... Cant we just rationalize our thinking since knowledge is so abundant now @op, sorry o, go ask google! next time let the topic of ur post be something like...guys what do u tink about kising @ a time like this? Enuff said!
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by racoon8995(m): 3:34pm On Apr 22, 2012
Whats d big deal in kissing? I feel its almost synonymous to giving hugs... M starting to wonder at the sort of posts that come on NL frontpage dis past few days
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 22, 2012
If you like kissing, brush and floss your teeth and enjoy!No need to worry about where it came from cheesy
Re: Is Kissing Part Of Our Culture? by clemmonce(m): 4:11pm On Apr 22, 2012
imagine kissing a person with mouth odour

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kenya Lady With D Biggest Wide And Lagest Hips In The Continent Cause Trouble - / Female Soldier Stuns In Leggings And Skin Tight Jeans & Crop Top (photos) / My New Chic, If Ur Bae Is Finer U Won

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.