Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,800 members, 7,851,690 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:40 AM

What Magnitude Of Jealousy Is Okay In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Magnitude Of Jealousy Is Okay In A Relationship? (1182 Views)

African Women With Big Butts, Oyinbo Ladies Would Die Of Jealousy / THE WONDERS OF Jealousy(in A Relationship). / JEALOUSY-A Guy Bite His Lady's Lips Off During A Kiss Because Of Jealousy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Magnitude Of Jealousy Is Okay In A Relationship? by jnrbayano(m): 9:54am On Nov 06, 2014
My girlfriend of yesteryear during one of our sit-outs asked me:

"Honey, what will your reaction be assuming we are strolling side-by-side and a bloke approaches us to excuse her for a talk?"

I chuckled and answered her that it's no big deal with me since the young man was gentleman enough to ask for my permission.

Surprised by my answer, she asked "does that mean I wouldn't be bothered that I might have potential threat in that fellow?"

Laughing, I reminded her of my love and trust for her and such I shouldn't have reasons to worry. I told her that my reaction will be guided by whether she agrees to talk privately with the man or not. I told her if she willingly accept to talk with the guy, there won't be any reaction but if she refuses the guy's permission and he tries to force his way through to her, then I will now react to shield her.

Not convinced, she prefers me to roll up my sleeves and show the guy who's the boss whether the guy's approach was gentlemanly or not and that according to her is a proper/practical demonstration of my love for her.

She expects me to be jealous even up to that magnitude.

Was she right to expect that magnitude of jealousy from me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Magnitude Of Jealousy Is Okay In A Relationship? by woky: 7:36am On Nov 11, 2014
jnrbayano:
My girlfriend of yesteryears during one of our sit-outs asked me:

"Honey, what will your reaction be assuming we are strolling side-by-side and a bloke approaches us to excuse her for a talk?"

I chuckled and answered her that it's no big deal with me since the young man was gentleman enough to ask for my permission.

Surprised by my answer, she asked "does that mean I wouldn't be bothered that I might have potential threat in that fellow?"

Laughing, I reminded her of my love and trust for her and such I shouldn't have reasons to worry. I told her that my reaction will be guided by whether she agrees to talk privately with the man or not. I told her if she willingly accept to talk with the guy, there won't be any reaction but if she refuses the guy's permission and he tries to force his way through to her, then I will now react to shield her.

Not convinced, she prefers me to roll up my sleeves and show the guy who's the boss whether the guy's approach was gentlemanly or not and that according to her is a proper/practical demonstration of my love for her.

Re: What Magnitude Of Jealousy Is Okay In A Relationship? by dotna(m): 7:40am On Nov 11, 2014
It's normal to be jealous becos u want her or him to yourself.

Only grace can help u manage it
Re: What Magnitude Of Jealousy Is Okay In A Relationship? by jnrbayano(m): 6:31pm On Nov 11, 2014
dotna:
It's normal to be jealous becos u want her or him to yourself.

Only grace can help u manage it

Okay,

But you didn't answer the Op.
Re: What Magnitude Of Jealousy Is Okay In A Relationship? by jnrbayano(m): 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2014
[quote author=woky post=27907329][/quote]

What do you think woky?
Re: What Magnitude Of Jealousy Is Okay In A Relationship? by Raymysterio(m): 9:01pm On Nov 11, 2014
Girls are complex and amazing creatures... They expect you to be on both sides of a coin at 1ce...
Re: What Magnitude Of Jealousy Is Okay In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 11, 2014
To the extent of gunning down anybody u see with your bf or gf
Re: What Magnitude Of Jealousy Is Okay In A Relationship? by Cholls(m): 9:13pm On Nov 11, 2014
My brother 0.1 wink
Re: What Magnitude Of Jealousy Is Okay In A Relationship? by woky: 9:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
jnrbayano:

What do you think woky?
ur post said it all.
Re: What Magnitude Of Jealousy Is Okay In A Relationship? by dotna(m): 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2014
jnrbayano:

Okay,

But you didn't answer the Op.

Jealousy should not lead you to the extent of committing crime or sin against God and man. That's all.
Re: What Magnitude Of Jealousy Is Okay In A Relationship? by jnrbayano(m): 6:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ipledge:
To the extent of gunning down anybody u see with your bf or gf

Raymysterio:
Girls are complex and amazing creatures... They expect you to be on both sides of a coin at 1ce...

Their insatiable wants can drive one crazy at times.
Re: What Magnitude Of Jealousy Is Okay In A Relationship? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
Does jealousy prove love? No
It only proves insecurity
Jealousy is based on fear, not in love
There's no point in being jealous

It's a good thing you didn't feel/act jealous
I applaud you, sir - very rare for our men to act cool and not get crazy jealous when their women gets attention from the opposite sex

When you truly love and trust your partner, you'd understand talking to someone attractive or someone hitting on her isn't gonna stop her from loving you
You should be happy your woman is desirable to other men
It gives you bragging rights grin

I still don't get why she wanted you to get jealous undecided
Re: What Magnitude Of Jealousy Is Okay In A Relationship? by RAKITIC: 1:55am On Nov 13, 2014
Re: What Magnitude Of Jealousy Is Okay In A Relationship? by jnrbayano(m): 7:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mizchief:
Does jealousy prove love? No
It only proves insecurity
Jealousy is based on fear, not in love
There's no point in being jealous

It's a good thing you didn't feel/act jealous
I applaud you, sir - very rare for our men to act cool and not get crazy jealous when their women gets attention from the opposite sex

When you truly love and trust your partner, you'd understand talking to someone attractive or someone hitting on her isn't gonna stop her from loving you
You should be happy your woman is desirable to other men
It gives you bragging rights grin

I still don't get why she wanted you to get jealous undecided

Neither do I.

Though I wasn't completely "un-jealous" of her actions, I never allowed that little percentage make me lose my sense of what a right behaviour should be.
Re: What Magnitude Of Jealousy Is Okay In A Relationship? by jnrbayano(m): 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
RAKITIC:

What happened? shocked

Did you change your position of not feeling any jealousy at all in the activities of your partner?
Re: What Magnitude Of Jealousy Is Okay In A Relationship? by jnrbayano(m): 8:40pm On Mar 03, 2015
jnrbayano:
My girlfriend of yesteryear during one of our sit-outs asked me:

(1) (Reply)

8 Things That Guys Do That Makes Them Appear Cheap To Girls / Should I Tell Him Or Not? / Please Educate Me.what Are The Advantages Of Being Virgin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.