Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You (24766 Views)

If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story / This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife / What Can Make A Happily Married Woman Sleep With Another Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by babygirlfl: 6:11pm On Nov 07, 2014
kashman1:
I am a happy married man

welcome. please find time to comment more in the family section
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Matthewbriggs(m): 6:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
cococandy:
true that. Do you know that when he's even at work and we are romancing online,i find myself opening up more than when we are face to face.

Like typing is waaay easier for me than talking.

It is really something that I need to work on. Not just with him anyway. I've lost count of the number of times my twin sis will say to me "you're so quiet and boring"
She's my exact opposite.

If they all didn't love me and understand me,they would probably think I'm a snob.

LOL
It is a common problem for introverts we communicate better with written words than spoken words. For example talking use to be exhausting for me, but my fingers could type at the speed of light. So I understand your plight. Infact a very large percentage of very active people online ... are introverts and less social.

But what I did to overcome this is exactly what I advised you earlier.

For example, I took practical steps ... like making a decision to cut down the level on my e-engagement on all forums and social media platforms ... I now hardly chat or respond to pings. I instead visit or call a person if I need to communicate with them.

I made an active decision to spend more time building offline relationships and communicating with people I care about face to face ... I try to know them, listen to them, hear them vent, share their pains, joys and sorrows with me, I do same to them. I sometime challenge my self to start conversations and build my ability to sustain them.

I am beginning to learn to and enjoy small talk ... something I hated. Sometimes It can be very emotionally exhausting, that why I do take my time to recharge.

Right now I am hybrid, I can communicate with written words at the same time I am rock star when it comes to spoken words. I find it easy to connect with people around me.

The fact is you are not alone, Everyone has an introverted and extroverted side ... with one more dominant that the other. To be a balanced individual it is important to put the dominant side in check, as you the develop and improve on the less dominant part.

I believe you can work on this weakness just as I did, because as you can see one key trend we can notice in the relationships of these happily married men that have graced this thread ... Is the level of communication and rappor they've built with their wives. Communication is the most principal thing in any relationship, It is a great deciding factor in regards to the success of any relationship.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by cococandy(f): 6:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
xynerise:

Taking care of the kids is OUR responsibility and a priority especially during adolescent stage. There are things she ought to do to the kids that she doesn't, but I do them willingly. I don't get fascinated or envy the public stunt some guys do online by posting "hilarious" pictures of them feeding, bathing or wiping a baby's poop just to get the compliments from the opposite sex grin.

Anyways I enjoy doing the nursing with her
oh good.and you even enjoy it too. That's awesome.

Anyway i think I understand why those guys post those pictures. For the benefit of those who think it is unnatural for men to contribute in nurturing their kids.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by cococandy(f): 6:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

LOL
It is a common problem for introverts we communicate better with written words than spoken words. For example talking use to be exhausting for me, but my fingers could type at the speed of light. So I understand your plight. Infact a very large percentage of very active people online ... are introverts and less social.

But what I did to overcome this is exactly what I advised you earlier.

For example, I took practical steps ... like making a decision to cut down the level on my e-engagement on all forums and social media platforms ... I now hardly chat or respond to pings. I instead visit or call a person if I need to communicate with them.

I made an active decision to spend more time building offline relationships and communicating with people I care about face to face ... I try to know them, listen to them, hear them vent, share their pains, joys and sorrows with me, I do same to them. I sometime challenge my self to start conversations and build my ability to sustain them.

I am beginning to learn to and enjoy small talk ... something I hated. Sometimes It can be very emotionally exhausting, that why I do take my time to recharge.

Right now I am hybrid, I can communicate with written words at the same time I am rock star when it comes to spoken words. I find it easy to connect with people around me.

The fact is you are not alone, Everyone has an introverted and extroverted side ... with one more dominant that the other. To be a balanced individual it is important to put the dominant side in check, as you the develop and improve on the less dominant part.

I believe you can work on this weakness just as I did, because as you can see one key trend we can notice in the relationships of these happily married men that have graced this thread ... Is the level of communication and rappor they've built with their wives. Communication is the most principal thing in any relationship, It is a great deciding factor in regards to the success of any relationship.
this is just awesome. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by iykedare(m): 6:20pm On Nov 07, 2014
okay,I m a happy bachelor..... angry angry angry
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by xynerise: 6:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
cococandy:
oh good.and you even enjoy it too. That's awesome.

Anyway i think I understand why those guys post those pictures. For the benefit of those who think it is unnatural for men to contribute in nurturing their kids.
Of course I enjoy it...though it always end somewhere exotic grin
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by cococandy(f): 6:53pm On Nov 07, 2014
cheesy
xynerise:

Of course I enjoy it...though it always end somewhere exotic grin
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by pickabeau1: 7:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
Can u do the honours
grin grin

From my observation.. all regular female posters on NL are 'happily' married
Only those who are not regulars post sob stories

crackhaus:
Who's gonna open the thread for happily married women to answer some questions we have for them so the unmarried feminists can learn from?

Too many women here have expressed views that I know for sure can't be how their homes are run, very strong views.
Some have said they don't come home after work to cook, others have insisted they can make decisions independent of their husband's consent - some don't need to take permission for anything.

The young and unmarried need to know how a wife should act.

Any takers?

All in a bid to foster unity in the family section on the true way most Nigerian marriages are run, of course...
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by shizzleStar: 7:04pm On Nov 07, 2014
Reality setting in....'superwman' gradually giving way cheesy

More questions please cheesy
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by xynerise: 7:06pm On Nov 07, 2014
cococandy:
cheesy
No time o grin

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by rolled: 7:10pm On Nov 07, 2014
Not just women alone
Have you wondered why sob stories are posted with new user names
Or some of them would even say,"I had to create this account just cos of my story"
Then I wonder,what do they do with their real accounts known to everyone

pickabeau1:
Can u do the honours
grin grin

From my observation.. all regular female posters on NL are 'happily' married
Only those who are not regulars post sob stories

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by cococandy(f): 7:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
Resist every urge to turn this thread into a joke or make mockery of the men who have been educating us here since.

7 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by pickabeau1: 7:16pm On Nov 07, 2014
rolled:
Not just women alone
Have you wondered why sob stories are posted with new user names
Or some of them would even say,"I had to create this account just cos of my story"
Then I wonder,what do they do with their real accounts known to everyone

Hmmmm.....you onto something there....
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by shizzleStar: 7:37pm On Nov 07, 2014
Ok. cheesycheesy
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 07, 2014
cococandy:
Resist every urge to turn this thread into a joke or make mockery of the men who have been educating us here since.

Only if you stop feeding their need for attention. If you ignore them and face the thread it wont last a minute

10 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by bukatyne(f): 8:10pm On Nov 07, 2014
crackhaus:
Who's gonna open the thread for happily married women to answer some questions we have for them so the unmarried feminists can learn from?

Too many women here have expressed views that I know for sure can't be how their homes are run, very strong views.
Some have said they don't come home after work to cook, others have insisted they can make decisions independent of their husband's consent - some don't need to take permission for anything.

The young and unmarried need to know how a wife should act.

Any takers?

All in a bid to foster unity in the family section on the true way most Nigerian marriages are run, of course...

GOOD thread with a wrong motive

I will advice the OP to open it or another person with genuine intentions cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by crackhaus: 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2014
bukatyne:

GOOD thread with a wrong motive

I will advice the OP to open it or another person with genuine intentions cheesy
Very good advice, I can't fault it...which is why I had no intention of opening it myself - just seeing my moniker as the author will keep some posters away. I'm like an e-conscience, the still-small voice on bandwidth.

Not like I had any wrong motives/intentions though, I don't know why you would think so.

9 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by bukatyne(f): 9:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
crackhaus:

Very good advice, I can't fault it...which is why I had no intention of opening it myself - just seeing my moniker as the author will keep some posters away. I'm like an e-conscience, the still-small voice on bandwidth.

Not like I had any wrong motives/intentions though, I don't know why you would think so.

e-conscience?

smiley
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by KBARBIE(f): 9:55pm On Nov 07, 2014
LewsTherin:

It's actually quite easy Efe. I consider myself to be a very lazy person. But like Bill Gates once said, when he needs a job done urgently, he looks for a lazy person to do it because a lazy person will always look for the easiest way to do anything. I am that kind of lazy person. Acting like a "man" is so much hard work. I can't stress myself to be a "man". So I choose to be a lover, a husband, a nice guy. So much easier.

Hmmmmmmmm...thumbs up
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Matthewbriggs(m): 11:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
aisha2:

True, social media makes strangers seem more interesting and intriguing than the real people we have around us.
When you and hubby are at home or out on a date, please dont touch your phones, touch each other and talk to each other.

Word!!!

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by deeptesting(m): 11:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
rolled:
Ok so for the happily married men

Have you been physically abusive to your wife?
Yes, years back when i lost my Dad, she was insensitive to my plight, i was weighed down by the emotional trauma and the burden of my fathers death,i raised my hand on her but sincerely i was high on alcohol that very day and regretted my action.

Have u ever Said very insultive words especially during a heated argument. Yes, i remember using words that i can put out here.

What about the once in a while cheating part,how do you balance having time for ur family and these flings.
At the early stage of our marriage i had a side chic, i was very careful about it, never spent the night outside, finds time to play out but i must tell u it brought so much distraction to my marriage and my life..I must tell you it is not worth it. Staying faithful to once partner gives you a sense of pride, value, respect and dignity..Married for 10yrs now.

I know I won't get any answer cheesy
NL,Land of fakeness cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by mikeywise(m): 7:13am On Nov 08, 2014
rolled:

Have you been physically abusive to your wife
I have never abused my wife physically, why would I claim I love her and still hit her?

Have u ever Said very insultive words especially during a heated argument
Yes, cant remember the exact words, though this happened in our early stage of marriage.

What about the once in a while cheating part,how do you balance having time for ur family and these flings
For me , I have never cheated on my wife. The temptation comes once in a while but I dont give it room to grow.
My family comes first, I dont keep late nights, I only have few friends and most importantly, we discuss virtually everything.

4 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by hrmkz: 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2014
Make i mark register.

am one of those married men that do not take most of the write ups here serious...no offence.

just that people write the opposite of what they really do....including myself.

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Emaprince: 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2014
rolled:

Have you been physically abusive to your wife

Have u ever Said very insultive words especially during a heated argument

What about the once in a while cheating part,how do you balance having time for ur family and these flings

smh grin grin
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 08, 2014
iykedare:
okay,I m a happy bachelor..... angry angry angry
I don't think so, you need a lovely woman in your life smiley
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 08, 2014
such a lovely thread....

I have no doubt my fiance will say even better stuffs when we finally tie the knot smiley smiley smiley

Wish all of ya more happiness in ya various homes.
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by getmeBest(m): 7:23pm On Nov 08, 2014
MarvellousGod:
such a lovely thread....

I have no doubt my fiance will say even better stuffs when we finally tie the knot smiley smiley smiley

marve, are you sure?....with your time spent on social network like our NL grin
MarvellousGod:
such a lovely thread....

MarvellousGod:
such a lovely thread....

MarvellousGod:
such a lovely thread....

marve, are you sure?....with your time spent on social network like our NL smiley smiley smiley. Hope you won't be busy even when with him? don't mind me. hehehe
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
getmeBest:

marve, are you sure?....with your time spent on social network like our NL smiley smiley smiley. Hope you won't be busy even when with him? don't mind me. hehehe
I frequent NL because of idleness.... can I be idle when I'm with him? wink wink
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by getmeBest(m): 10:21pm On Nov 08, 2014
MarvellousGod:
I frequent NL because of idleness.... can I be idle when I'm with him? wink wink
the question is, can you ignore your phone?

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by RoyalRoy(m): 10:23pm On Nov 08, 2014
Crackhaus, Pickabeau1 and Rolled, your contributions on this thread is not aligning with the aims and the objectives.

Gentlemen, please feel free to open a thread to suit your line of argument.

Will expect your cooperation as always.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by pickabeau1: 10:44pm On Nov 08, 2014
mod!

I will comply with the rules of NL
grin
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by crackhaus: 11:46pm On Nov 08, 2014
Party pooper angry grin

But did someone just report, cos it's been more
than 24hrs since my last post on this thread na... undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

That Childish Act You Still Engage In As An Adult / Why I Cheated On My Husband / How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.