Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World (36620 Views)

See 10 Countries With The Most Romantic Accent In The World According To Poll :) / I Think I'm The Sexiest And Most Beautiful Girl On Nairaland / Top 10 Sexiest Ladies On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by onila(f): 9:52am On Nov 07, 2014
they meant Abuja, lagos and portharcourt accent
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 07, 2014
am inpressed!!

Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by gift1234: 9:55am On Nov 07, 2014
And Nigerians wey never see anything dey busy dey speak British and American accent. let us all learn to appreciate our accent. I want to see a Nigeria where everyone irrespective of their social status would speak their natural accent and not fake accent just to be relevant. learn to be real

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by AnodaIT(m): 9:55am On Nov 07, 2014
Because we only hear ourselves we think that there is no difference but for outsider or someone who have been with many groups, you would notice that Nigerians have a unique accent in English but with great exception to the core Northerners
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Tundenoni(m): 9:55am On Nov 07, 2014
lanxlot:
Nigerian accents? never have i heard of it. Which in particular?

Yoruba
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Pontaboki: 9:56am On Nov 07, 2014
I Know.
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 07, 2014
Awho:
Quiet impressive. Go 9ja

today is another day in the ongoing miss nairaland contest i urge you all to vote for contestant no.6 she's #Rokiatu by name. Voting starts today by 10am-6pm. Thanks from #TeamRokiatu
any tin 4 VOTERS
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by yehmi01(m): 9:59am On Nov 07, 2014
HOW DOES THIS SOLVE BOKO HARAM AND THE GIRLS,

NOT TO FORGET EBOLA. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by temitemi1(m): 9:59am On Nov 07, 2014
Up Nigeria!!! Up GEJ!!! GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by jidxin(m): 10:00am On Nov 07, 2014
I tink its d yorubas .......
6. Nigerian
Famous tongues: King Sunny Ade, Omotola
Jalade Ekeinde
Dignified, with just a hint of willful naivete, the
deep, rich "oh's" and "eh's" of Naija bend the
English language without breaking it, arousing
tremors in places other languages can't reach.
Sounds like: The THX intro with teeth. extract from CNN sexiest language
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 07, 2014
6. Nigerian
Famous tongues: King Sunny Ade, Omotola
Jalade Ekeinde
Dignified, with just a hint of willful naivete, the
deep, rich "oh's" and "eh's" of Naija bend the
English language without breaking it, arousing
tremors in places other languages can't reach.
Sounds like: The THX intro with teeth
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by felifeli: 10:02am On Nov 07, 2014
Nelsizzy:
See dem, tribalist. SMH for u
Read the bloody article before writing comments ode.
The article says:

6. Nigerian
Famous tongues: King Sunny Ade, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde
Dignified, with just a hint of willful naivete, the deep, rich "oh's" and "eh's" of Naija bend the English language without breaking it, arousing tremors in places other languages can't reach.
[b][/b]
So, definitely the Nigerian language in mind of the author is Yoruba . undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by izu777: 10:04am On Nov 07, 2014
Police arrest another randy Lagos DPO for rape
Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/crime-news
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by felifeli: 10:04am On Nov 07, 2014
Lolarez:
Biko which accent? I'm lost oo
Nna . Accent na brand of Hyundai car. Una get the original spare parts ? grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by adewaleh(m): 10:04am On Nov 07, 2014
This is very good o.
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by nefertitiram: 10:05am On Nov 07, 2014
Oh boy! Lol!
It's quite difficult to speak foneh o! I just de rap my nigerian accent de go, although some people can hardly understand when I speak, so I have to speak a little slowly to get the message across.
I think it sounds exotic to have a different accent and no one is complaining, so why should I speak foneh!
But when I was in UK o, I had problems communicating with a Nigerian accent, they could barely hear me so I had to sprill a bit, but in US, there are so many accents for different parts of US, as well as so many foreigners, so they are kind of used to hearing different accents.

Na to deepen my nigerian accent o! Repping Waffy! Area! Hey! Lolz!
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by asala1: 10:06am On Nov 07, 2014
SeverusSnape:
never knew Nigeria had an accent.

That means you have never been to anywhere outside your village, even within Nigeria itself there are different accents and if you have been outside Nigeria even to our sister country Ghana, you will know that you have accent different from others.
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by nduchucks: 10:07am On Nov 07, 2014
I remember being complemented for my accent by American babes, while I was in school few years ago, with statements such as "What a beautiful accent". Both whites and blacks loved the accent.

This made me drop all effort at trying to speak like Americans. Americans do consider Nigerian accent, very sexy. The only time I tried to sound American was when I came home for holidays because doing so got me easy girls (I know...youthful indiscretion).

SMH @ fools who attempt to sound like rappers or ghetto dwellers. I ran into many of them in the USA not to talk of those at home who have never stepped out of the country.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Warlord3000(m): 10:07am On Nov 07, 2014
The two peeps dey mentioned in the reports sunny ade and omotola are both from Ondo state o..

Interesting wink
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by lanxlot(m): 10:08am On Nov 07, 2014
Tundenoni:

Yoruba
because your name na tunde? Where did they indicate Its yoruba?
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by thunderboy(m): 10:10am On Nov 07, 2014
Good news .
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by kamez(m): 10:12am On Nov 07, 2014
Which accent?

The my fifty thaaasaaand naira container accent from igbo guys,

Or the mallam accent from the aboki's

Or the ewedu and gbegiri accent from the yorubas..

CNN abeg una no get gist

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Nelsizzy(m): 10:13am On Nov 07, 2014
felifeli:

Read the bloody article before writing comments ode.
The article says:

6. Nigerian
Famous tongues: King Sunny Ade, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde
Dignified, with just a hint of willful naivete, the deep, rich "oh's" and "eh's" of Naija bend the English language without breaking it, arousing tremors in places other languages can't reach.
[b][/b]
So, definitely the Nigerian language in mind of the author is Yoruba . undecided undecided undecided
Your degraded brain wunt allow you to know that the 'eh' in quote is more of an ibo word

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by chimzy2u: 10:18am On Nov 07, 2014
"I am coming "OH", "why did u "Na"? "Shey" u know him, haba stop it na" those are typical examples of naija accents..
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:19am On Nov 07, 2014
Switching style to pidgin men.

New toasting line:

Shebi I tell you say, you dey make my heart they do... Yori Yori.
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Forwetinnah: 10:19am On Nov 07, 2014
Tallesty1:
Nigeriaundecided

Those ones na yoruba pronunciations joor...when waffi talk, be ready for a climax gringrin .Those people are crazy and funny
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by msmon(m): 10:19am On Nov 07, 2014
When will Nigeria be named first in something? Maybe after 2020.
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by abdulwastecx(m): 10:25am On Nov 07, 2014
[quote author=AJOT99 post=27798663]Alrite[/quot

I want 1g mtn data
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by abdulwastecx(m): 10:27am On Nov 07, 2014
chimzy2u:
"I am coming "OH", "why did u "Na"? "Shey" u know him, haba stop it na" those are typical examples of naija accents..

those are phrases dum ass...accent is the way you pronounce words
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by melotreaah(m): 10:27am On Nov 07, 2014
MrCork:
....which nigeriia?.... Pigeon English is sexxxxy?... Serrrriously...am goin bak to bed (no ooofense) angry
Not "PIGEON" bro but "pidgin" english
Thanks and have a nice day
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by abdulwastecx(m): 10:27am On Nov 07, 2014
chimzy2u:

those are phrases dumb ass...accent is the way you pronounce words
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 07, 2014
booqee:
and some mugu Nigerians who have never been to the airport would be speaking like an americana wannabe.. una don hear now? our accent is sexy oo cheesy

but I hope CNN mean this thing I hope they are not mistaken our accent for that of Niger? cos last time I checked they mistook our position on d map for Niger's. angry

BOOQEE... I see you

Happy birthday dearie... where is the party @... hope its not far from IKJ sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Nairalander Pre-wedding Shoot / 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Getting A Girlfriend / After 14 Failed Relationships, Nigerian Man Finds Love With A Single Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.