Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,715 members, 7,840,807 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World (36625 Views)

See 10 Countries With The Most Romantic Accent In The World According To Poll :) / I Think I'm The Sexiest And Most Beautiful Girl On Nairaland / Top 10 Sexiest Ladies On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
At least, nobody can take away the credit from GEJ. It means more people now speak good English in Nigeria. What a great achievement. Buhari should not just come and start telling us, 'Goment has pailed to protekti najirians'.
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Awho(m): 3:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
IYANGBALI:
she is toooooooooooooooooo wor wor to clinch it,stop wasting your time and energy

i wonder why your taking on her so personal. I begine to wonder if you've asked her out and she turned you down? Or are you just hating because you know you cant get any where close to her? just wondering
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by IYANGBALI: 3:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
Awho:

i wonder why your taking on her so personal. I begine to wonder if you've asked her out and she turned you down? Or are you just hating because you know you cant get any where close to her? just wondering
check out other contestants and you will get the answer{s} grin don't waste your vote,rokiat is not it
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Awho(m): 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2014
IYANGBALI:
check out other contestants and you will get the answer{s} grin don't waste your vote,rokiat is not it

i rufuse to be too personal with you because i can now see that your such a clueless.......lonely attention sicker buh trust me i aint got tym for. Idle minded felas like you who just go around hating what they cant have rather than working harder to improve on themselves. Go get a life nigga am outa here and please stop qouting me once aGaiN #Go Get A Life

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by IYANGBALI: 3:31pm On Nov 07, 2014
Awho:

i rufuse to be too personal with you because i can now see that your such a clueless.......lonely attention sicker buh trust me i aint got tym for. Idle minded felas like you who just go around hating what they cant have rather than working harder to improve on themselves. Go get a life nigga am outa here and please stop qouting me once aGaiN #Go Get A Life
hahahahahahahahaaha the truth pain am well well. I can't wait for the results to be announced. Rokiat ko,rocket ni tongue
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by ojaydedon(m): 4:08pm On Nov 07, 2014
pitfol:
sorry to dissapoint u...buh its d Yoruba's..with. King sunny Ade and Omotola Jolade repping!!!

ahap... Who cares!!! grin

does it improve d economy of nigeria
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by MrCork: 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2014
...but how can that Nigeria be sexxxy when u people hav goats,chicken,cows,ram & lion chasin people up & down like Dracula?

.....u don't even hav amusement park (no oofense)
angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by just2endowed: 5:16pm On Nov 07, 2014
MduZA:

hating Nigeria for what?

dunno, coz they are not on the list
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by chimzy2u: 5:46pm On Nov 07, 2014
abdulwastecx:

those are phrases dumb ass...accent is the way you pronounce words
. Fool! Did u evn read d article on d link he pasted?
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by oluwasegun007(m): 6:08pm On Nov 07, 2014
Sebi CNN is an intanasona telefison (in yoruba voice) there head dey there....
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Lywiled: 6:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
MrCork:
....which nigeriia?.... Pigeon English is sexxxxy?... Serrrriously...am goin bak to bed (no ooofense) angry

Accent is not pidgin English. Accent is the way u use ur voice & pitch when speaking.
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by MrCork: 6:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
Lywiled:

Accent is not pidgin English. Accent is the way u use ur voice & pitch when speaking.

....thank q....at the end of the day,pigeon English isa form of communication for bush people....seriosly..
r u kiddin me?

... Who Tha hell spek pigeon English in 2014?....no wonder u people in that Nigeria is 60 yes behind. (no offenses)
angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by MrCork: 6:48pm On Nov 07, 2014
...i don't mean to sound rude but if i catch any of u people spek that bush pigeon language in our London....truss me....i will call immigration! (no oifense) angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Litmus: 6:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
Jealousy is a hell of a thing!

Bet you some of the people most bitter about this will be the same ones - if the white man does not listen to their outrage- will try to take it away from Nigerians by claiming that it is not Nigerian pidgin English but West African language.

When it is negative they join others to condemn Nigeria as soon as it becomes positive and they are not included they start saying it's not only Nigeria its all over Africa.

Things Nigeria has lost in this fashion:

Nigerian foods now West African Food

Nigerian native attires Now West African cloths

Nigerian churches now West African churches

Nigerians Swagger and confidence Now West African Swagger and Confidence

Nigeria's Lagos now West Africa's city

P.S

Nigerian Territory now Cameroon Territory grin

Actually, this last one is no joke , I've read so many post on Niraland whereby Africans come to claim that parts of Nigeria belong to them. Now they all want a part of us, I thought we were a Hellhole and shithole?
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by NaLaugh: 6:55pm On Nov 07, 2014
kskpoundz:
Wow!including Hausa's too?

In my opinion, an educated hausa person has the most intriguing accent in Nigeria.

For those saying - which of the accents?

Well, non-Nigerians will find it nearly impossible to differentiate.

Same way non-Americans often can't differentiate say a Boston accent from a New york accent, or a Mid-Western accent from
a West Coast accent etc. Most foreigners categorize American accents into general American accent and Southern accent - that's all they recognize.
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by naturefellow(m): 8:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
What's it with 'sexy' and 'accent'
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by felifeli: 8:35pm On Nov 07, 2014
naturefellow:
What's it with 'sexy' and 'accent'
It is that thing which makes y.ibo people pronounce
Yoruba as Yo.loba
Oil as Oyel
Surulere as Sululele
grin grin grin
It is not sexy at all

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 07, 2014
Tallesty1:
Which one is a General Nigerian Accent?

I no talk say nigeria get one general accent, but to caption a yoruba accent as Nigerian accent, would not be giving the full impression. what abt igbo accent, hausa accent etc?
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Goldenboy007(m): 9:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
I don't doubt this because there was a time I was in Burlington trying to get my sister some stuffs so there was no forming phonetics! I was really down with my Nigerian English when a lady actually stopped by and said I love your accent! That's not the first time that happened to me, especially when talking to someone from home I get really down to earth!!!
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 07, 2014
marieolae:
Sexy? This is surprising
When nigerians can sit down and train themselves to speak queens english.

Its good to see that they value our tongue
pretty you..
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Nobody: 4:02am On Nov 08, 2014
SeverusSnape:
never knew Nigeria had an accent.

seriously ooo
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Slowvenom(m): 8:07am On Nov 08, 2014
Awho:
Quiet impressive. Go 9ja

today is another day in the ongoing miss nairaland contest i urge you all to vote for contestant no.6 she's #Rokiatu by name. Voting starts today by 10am-6pm. Thanks from #TeamRokiatu
How can one vote?
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by mozemile: 9:08am On Nov 08, 2014
Stunning MBGN runner up, Sandra Ogbebor is representing Nigeria at the Miss Globe World Finals in Albania Eastern Europe. The University of Benin graduate is Nigeria’s Miss Globe 2014 and the only African at the Miss Globe contest 2014 amongst 42 other delegates from all over the world.

The pageant FINALS will take place TODAY November 8th at the Palace of Sports Shkoder – Albania

Top 5 voted Countries:
| Canada with 8858 votes | Nigeria with 8262 votes | Estonia with 3577 votes | Colombia with 2686 votes | Curacao with 2414 votes |

http://themissglobe.com/2014/participants.php#

VOTE NIGERIA SO WE CAN TAKE BACK THE TOP SPOT

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Awho(m): 10:04am On Nov 08, 2014
Slowvenom:

How can one vote?

please sir kindly go to romance section and you'll see the miss nairaland finals thread if you open it just type #i vote for Rokiatu. We appreciate ur votes from
#TEAMROKIATU
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by fanzz: 11:20am On Nov 08, 2014
I wonder o
undecided
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by Roum(m): 8:15am On Nov 09, 2014
Lovechyld101:
This newly complied list by CNN puts Nigerian accents 6 place in the world among accent like french, queens ,Italian and the likes.
Link below
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/17/travel/sexy-accents/index.html
wow!!!! there's a dead cat in d line...
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by deliiscoGaga(m): 3:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Are you paying MORE for what you get on data subscription?....

Here's the good news:

You can now Purchase MTN Data Bundles @ chikini price

250MB for #450 recharge card
500MB for #700 recharge card
1GB for #1,300 recharge card
2GB for #2,200 recharge card
3GB for #3300 recharge card
4GB for N3900 (Strictly Bank Payment)
5GB for N4800 (Strictly Bank Payment)

and now introducing the ETISALAT Data Bundles...
We enjoy the Speed of the etisalat network but it comes with a price

* 250MB - #600 recharge card (only 500 &100 Etisalat card is allowed)
* 650MB - #1100 recharge card (only 500(x2) or 1000 & 100 Etisalat card is allowed)
* 1GB - #1,600 recharge card
* 2GB - #3200 recharge card
* 3GB - N4, 000 (Strictly Bank Payment)
* 4GB - N5, 200 (Strictly Bank )

All plans have a lifespan/warranty of 259200 seconds or 720 hours (1 month) and it works on Java, Android Blackberry, iOs, windows and other operating system.

N.B: Bank payment for all data plans are at cheaper price.

You can send your order only via SMS to 07031988661
For more details call or whatsApp me on 08181944990 or better still on BBM: 7F6BE89A
Rebroadcast pls.
...Have a great day friends.
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by MrCork: 3:55pm On Nov 09, 2014

...only bush people wit out clas spek pegion English ... ..cant imagine anyone hear in London spekin that bush village stone age English.

....clearly people r bak ward in that country. (noo ofennsr)
angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by melotreaah(m): 5:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
MrCork:

..ok...so u people now eat pigeon in that Nigeria...abi?...bro dont u people hav animal right in that place?

....first u spek English graaamar like farmers & next u say u enjoy eartin pegions?... Why the heck wud we Londoners wana come bak to that place? (no oodeice)
angry

So you this fucking Mcork self is claiming LONDONER..... hahahaaaaaaa.. common english you can't compose. ODE OSHIII!!!
Re: Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World by MrCork: 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
melotreaah:
So you this fucking Mcork self is claiming undecidedLONDONER..... hahahaaaaaaa.. common english you can't compose. ODE OSHIII!!!

....ok, thanks Mary.

...bro how long u been g@y?
undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Ways Children Express Love To Their Crush. / 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Getting A Girlfriend / Where Do Girls Meet And Marry Guys Living In The US ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.