Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. (65329 Views)

The Most Touching Movie You Ever Watched, Let's Hear Them. / Share Your Amazing Or Touching Stories On Television / Short Video: Best Bgt Show Ever Liveth!! Touching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 7:08am On Nov 16, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]mine is 3 idiots

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by surmeister(m): 7:10am On Nov 16, 2014
Yeah really all dis movies will move u to tears, mehn pursuit of happiness takes it for me.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Jonzingmaster(m): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2014
Facing the giants nko?
Like the stars on the earth nko?

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by LyfeJennings(m): 7:13am On Nov 16, 2014
Sile12:

Do we have anything Greater than Oscar...

Lool

Dunno but that's a great movie
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 16, 2014
Abdgafarplenty:
Malhotra nd Kajol Dev Gan with Kareena kapoor in

We Are Family.

Cried my eyes out while seeing this movie. "Always and forever".
Cancer na bastard I swear.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by LordGuru: 7:18am On Nov 16, 2014
Until u've watched these 2 movies, u've seen no movies:
Money can't buy me Love (1982 original version) and Lottery Ticket(by Bow Wow).
Prevent your phone from fast spreading Whasapp virus before it's too late. Thread below:
https://www.nairaland.com/1998200/whasapp-virus-seriously-attacking-phones
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 16, 2014
ericessien24:
this guy is gay,why would action movie ever make you cry.

to me there is one that a plane got missing in the air that an airline carrying people had to stay with him and direct him ,and his wife was heavily pregnant. menh was so emotional
You are entitled to your opinion bro.......
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by fadjnr(m): 7:22am On Nov 16, 2014
severee:
grin ah ah op all these films wey you mention na comedy na lol person mention 3 idiots, make I give you confirmed sad (the word "touching" is an understatement)movies
-the pianist
-house of sand and fog
-The reader
- seven pound
- combat shock
- dancer in the dark
grin ENJOY!!!

cry
severee:
grin ah ah op all these films wey you mention na comedy na lol person mention 3 idiots, make I give you confirmed sad (the word "touching" is an understatement)movies
-the pianist
-house of sand and fog
-The reader
- seven pound
- combat shock
- dancer in the dark
grin ENJOY!!!

mehn that seven pound was real sad o. sad
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by fadjnr(m): 7:24am On Nov 16, 2014
holatin:
so you mean Nigeria don't Ve touching film.
they all claim to watch American film but na opa kan and Mr IBU dem dey watch.
keep deceiving urself

Just one Nigerian movie has made me real sad. "The Price" starring RMD.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 16, 2014
duni04:

U seen Agneepath?
No I have not.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Chitexs250(m): 7:31am On Nov 16, 2014
Sile12:
3. HOTEL RWANDA (2004).
Very Painful.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by fadjnr(m): 7:32am On Nov 16, 2014
gustav25:
MY NAME IS KHAN

Rizwan Khan (Shah Rukh Khan) is a Muslim child who grew up with his brother Zakir (Jimmy Shergill) and his mother Razia Khan (Zarina Wahab) in a middle-class family in the Borivali section of Mumbai. Rizwan is different from other children, however. He has certain gifts, particularly a special ability to repair mechanical things. His difference leads to special tutoring from a reclusive scholar and extra attention from his mother, both of which lead to heightened jealousy from his brother Zakir, who eventually leaves his family for a life in the United States.

Despite this resentment, as an adult Zakir sponsors Rizwan to come and live with him in San Francisco after the death of their mother. It is at this time that Zakir's wife, Haseena (Sonya Jehan) diagnoses Rizwan with Asperger syndrome. Rizwan also begins to work for Zakir where Zakir runs 'Mehnaz Herbal Beauty Products, and in the process he meets a Hindu woman, Mandira (Kajol) and her young son, Sameer or Sam (Yuvaan Makaar), from a previous marriage. Mandira is a hairdresser. Despite Zakir's hostility to the match, Khan and Mandira marry and settle down in the fictional town of Banville. Both Mandira and Sameer take Rizwan's last name as their own. They also live next door to the Garrick family. Sameer is close to their young son, Reese (Kenton Duty and Michael Arnold) while Mark (Dominic Renda) is a reporter and Sarah (Katie A. Keane) is a friend of Mandira.

The Khans' perfect existence gets disrupted, however, after the September 11 attacks. Mark goes to cover the War in Afghanistan and dies there, much to both Sarah and Reese's distress. At the same time, the Khan family begins to experience post 9–11 prejudice in their community, and Reese begins to turn against an older Sam (Arjan Aujla) as well. One afternoon, an argument between them turns into a racially motivated schoolyard fight between Sameer and a gang of older students. Reese, acting on behalf of Sam, tries to stop the fight, but is held back. Sam dies of a ruptured spleen in the hospital. A shattered Mandira blames Rizwan for Sam's death, stating that Sam "died only because his last name was Khan." She then tells Rizwan that she no longer wants to be with him. When he asks her what he has to do to be together with Mandira, she sarcastically tells him that he has to tell the people of the United States and the President that his name is Khan and that he is not a terrorist.

Rizwan takes Mandira's request seriously, and thus sets out on a journey that takes him from one U.S. state to another, to first meet President George W. Bush (Brent Mendenhall) and later the new President-elect. During this quest, he travels to Wilhemina, Georgia, and befriends Mama Jenny and her son Joel. Later, in Los Angeles, he prays in a mosque and overhears violent rhetoric from Faisal Rahman (Arif Zakaria). He reports this to the FBI but there is no response at that moment. Later, while waiting in a crowd to meet President Bush and repeating again and again, "My name is Khan and I am not a terrorist," Rizwan is clubbed down, arrested and placed in a prison by police who misinterpret his statement thinking he said he was a terrorist.

While in the prison he is interrogated as a terrorist suspect and meets the psychiatrist Radha (Sheetal Menon) who believes he is innocent. He is later released after a media campaign by some Indian student reporters Raj (Arjun Mathur) and Komal (Sugandha Garg) and Bobby Ahuja (Parvin Dabas), who prove his innocence by unearthing his attempts to inform the FBI about Faisal Rahman. After his release, he returns to hurricane-hit Wilhemina to help Mama Jenny and her son. His efforts attract media attention, and numerous Muslims come to help as well.

At the same time, a remorseful Reese confesses to Mandira and reveals the identities of the gang who killed Sam. She informs Detective Garcia (Benny Nieves) who has been assisting her on the case, and he arrests the gang. Mandira later gets a call from S

Your head is there.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by PAnaceA7(m): 7:33am On Nov 16, 2014
Op u need to watch GHAAJINI.......very emotional and sad film...... At least 3 idiots ended with smiles.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by fadjnr(m): 7:33am On Nov 16, 2014
Zikamax:
Some of my lists are:
1. Handful of tears
2. Endless love
3. Her mother's daughter
4. Stairway to heaven
5. Broken vow
6. My eternal
7. Only you
8. Destined hearts
9. Glamorosa
10. Mara Clara
11. The poor heiress
12. More than love
13. Magkaribal (the rivals)
14. Stolen moment
15. Timeless
16. Sa piling month (here with me)
17. The two of us
18. It might be you
19. Pangako sa 'yo (the promise)
20. Be careful with my heart
21. Daram Viah
22. City of angels
And many india movies grin enjoy

Na Philippine movies full your list o.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 16, 2014
LyfeJennings:

Lool

Dunno but that's a great movie
Trying 2 say dat d movie deserves something more dan Oscar....

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by simiolu1(m): 7:35am On Nov 16, 2014
Zikamax:
grin omg! The passion of Christ, I always cry like a baby each time I see that movie. The most touching movie ever. The agony, the scourging, the crown of thorns, the carrying of cross, and the crucifixion....am crying already.
Biko, stop crying. D Passion of the Christ is such that I can't watch it a 2nd time... Too much emotion and sadness.
I hope dat pix on ur profile isn't urs
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 16, 2014
Heroes Shed No Tears
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by lasheez(m): 7:36am On Nov 16, 2014
All very nice and touching movies mentioned.Mine are

1.The time travelers wife
2.lone survivor
3.The fault in our stars
4.3 idiots
5.The pursuit of happiness
6.Hotel Ruwanda
7.I spit on your grave 2(2013 remade version)
8.Million dollar baby
9.The book
10.The curious case of Benjamin Button
12.The greatest game ever played
13.Ghazaab
14.Brave heart(Where he shouted"Freedom"wink
[color=#550000][/color][/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
And finally this film done by 50cent where he had to loose alot of weight and go work for his younger brother.(I can't remember the movie title)
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by qlp007(m): 7:37am On Nov 16, 2014
20pounds:
PAY IT FORWARD

Kevin Spacey. cry cry cry cry

Finally!!! As far as I am concerned! This is it! Pay it forward, this one really made me cry, I wonder why it is just being mentioned...
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by maryhaam(f): 7:38am On Nov 16, 2014
gustav25:
MY NAME IS KHAN

Rizwan Khan (Shah Rukh Khan) is a Muslim child who grew up with his brother Zakir (Jimmy Shergill) and his mother Razia Khan (Zarina Wahab) in a middle-class family in the Borivali section of Mumbai. Rizwan is different from other children, however. He has certain gifts, particularly a special ability to repair mechanical things. His difference leads to special tutoring from a reclusive scholar and extra attention from his mother, both of which lead to heightened jealousy from his brother Zakir, who eventually leaves his family for a life in the United States.

Despite this resentment, as an adult Zakir sponsors Rizwan to come and live with him in San Francisco after the death of their mother. It is at this time that Zakir's wife, Haseena (Sonya Jehan) diagnoses Rizwan with Asperger syndrome. Rizwan also begins to work for Zakir where Zakir runs 'Mehnaz Herbal Beauty Products, and in the process he meets a Hindu woman, Mandira (Kajol) and her young son, Sameer or Sam (Yuvaan Makaar), from a previous marriage. Mandira is a hairdresser. Despite Zakir's hostility to the match, Khan and Mandira marry and settle down in the fictional town of Banville. Both Mandira and Sameer take Rizwan's last name as their own. They also live next door to the Garrick family. Sameer is close to their young son, Reese (Kenton Duty and Michael Arnold) while Mark (Dominic Renda) is a reporter and Sarah (Katie A. Keane) is a friend of Mandira.

The Khans' perfect existence gets disrupted, however, after the September 11 attacks. Mark goes to cover the War in Afghanistan and dies there, much to both Sarah and Reese's distress. At the same time, the Khan family begins to experience post 9–11 prejudice in their community, and Reese begins to turn against an older Sam (Arjan Aujla) as well. One afternoon, an argument between them turns into a racially motivated schoolyard fight between Sameer and a gang of older students. Reese, acting on behalf of Sam, tries to stop the fight, but is held back. Sam dies of a ruptured spleen in the hospital. A shattered Mandira blames Rizwan for Sam's death, stating that Sam "died only because his last name was Khan." She then tells Rizwan that she no longer wants to be with him. When he asks her what he has to do to be together with Mandira, she sarcastically tells him that he has to tell the people of the United States and the President that his name is Khan and that he is not a terrorist.

Rizwan takes Mandira's request seriously, and thus sets out on a journey that takes him from one U.S. state to another, to first meet President George W. Bush (Brent Mendenhall) and later the new President-elect. During this quest, he travels to Wilhemina, Georgia, and befriends Mama Jenny and her son Joel. Later, in Los Angeles, he prays in a mosque and overhears violent rhetoric from Faisal Rahman (Arif Zakaria). He reports this to the FBI but there is no response at that moment. Later, while waiting in a crowd to meet President Bush and repeating again and again, "My name is Khan and I am not a terrorist," Rizwan is clubbed down, arrested and placed in a prison by police who misinterpret his statement thinking he said he was a terrorist.

While in the prison he is interrogated as a terrorist suspect and meets the psychiatrist Radha (Sheetal Menon) who believes he is innocent. He is later released after a media campaign by some Indian student reporters Raj (Arjun Mathur) and Komal (Sugandha Garg) and Bobby Ahuja (Parvin Dabas), who prove his innocence by unearthing his attempts to inform the FBI about Faisal Rahman. After his release, he returns to hurricane-hit Wilhemina to help Mama Jenny and her son. His efforts attract media attention, and numerous Muslims come to help as well.

At the same time, a remorseful Reese confesses to Mandira and reveals the identities of the gang who killed Sam. She informs Detective Garcia (Benny Nieves) who has been assisting her on the case, and he arrests the gang. Mandira later gets a call from S
nice one,never tired. Of seeing it,so touchin.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Wisegeek01(m): 7:38am On Nov 16, 2014
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by fadjnr(m): 7:40am On Nov 16, 2014
Abdgafarplenty:

We Are Family.

Hmm. still saw this movie recently. very touching indeed.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 16, 2014
Sile12:
14. PERSUIT OF HAPPYNESS (WILL SMITH, 2006).

In 1981,San Francisco, salesman Chris Gardner (Will Smith) invests his entire life savings in portable bone-density scanners which he demonstrates to doctors and pitches as a handy quantum leap over standard X-rays (the scanners play a vital role, despite being called "time machines" by Max Watson, and "fire" by Chris). While he is able to sell most of them, the time lag between the sales and his growing financial demands enrage his already bitter and alienated wife Linda (Thandie Newton), who works as a hotel maid. The lack of a stable financial state increasingly erodes their marriage, in spite of them caring for their five-year old son, Christopher (Jaden Smith).

My favorite movie of all time. If you wanna see me cry as a man. Play this movie to entertain me anytime I visit you wink
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by maryhaam(f): 7:43am On Nov 16, 2014
DRealGeesam:

Seems u watch a lot of meaningful movies.
Great list there.
temptation by kerry Tyler dunno if I get d spelling is dope,i spit on your grave,i love the revenge.loool
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by kristana(f): 7:45am On Nov 16, 2014
Teri meherbaniyan, Like stars on earth, We are family.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by AbuMikey(m): 7:46am On Nov 16, 2014
3 Îdiots takes it. embarassed
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by seanbenito: 7:47am On Nov 16, 2014
A walk to remember is another touching movie.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by maryhaam(f): 7:47am On Nov 16, 2014
Abdgafarplenty:

We Are Family.
this film thou, bollywood are trying,love the movie
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by 4lashyme: 7:48am On Nov 16, 2014
I think "Men of Honor" is the really touching. Story of a black man scaling all odds to become a navy diver in a white controled millitary, only to have the opportunity threatened by an accident. In the end, He is required to proof His ability to continue as a navy diver again in an ALL white millitary panel.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by DRealGeesam(m): 7:49am On Nov 16, 2014
maryhaam:
temptation by kerry Tyler dunno if I get d spelling is dope,i spit on your grave,i love the revenge.loool
At last a lady that is not all gaga about indian movies smiley

I recommend "flowers of war". It is very touching, but the story is solid and worths any viewers time. You will love it more even as a lady.

Modified: there are actually a handful of touching and meaningful indian movies like "Slumdog millionaire and "Like stars on earth"

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by kristana(f): 7:49am On Nov 16, 2014
BLACK too....d deaf gal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa Logo & Illuminati Seeing Eye Are Similar? / BBNaija: Ike And Mercy In Toilet Romance / Bbnaija: Things To Learn From Tacha’s Disqualification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.