Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. (65387 Views)

The Most Touching Movie You Ever Watched, Let's Hear Them. / Share Your Amazing Or Touching Stories On Television / Short Video: Best Bgt Show Ever Liveth!! Touching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 16, 2014
Mine:
Gahjini cry
Force cry cry cry
Guzaarish cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Baghban cry cry cry cry cry
The Best Man Holiday
The Ultimate Gift
The Vow
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Mordyb: 7:56am On Nov 16, 2014
RiffRaff:
THE IMPOSSIBLE: 1st movie that will make tears com out of this heart of Stone.

KUCH KUCH HOTAI: My fav love story ever. I want to tank all the actors (Sharukh Khan, Kajol, Salmon Khan, Ranni Murkheji) and d script writer (Karen Johar). For making such an amazin movie i can watch over and over again.
MY NAME IS KHAN: Badass movie.

SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE: *Clappin*

GHIAJINI: God punish d script writer for killing Asin before Aamir Khan revealed himself to her. God punish d guy that made Jia Khan commit suicide in real life. 1 of d most painful movies i av eva seen in my life.

KAL HO NA HO: nice flick.

WE ARE FAMILY:

Walai it seems all the Indian films are the most touchin. American movies no even cross my mind.
i was forced by my sister to watch ghaijini and nearly cried when i discovered that all the gra gra after one hit on the head he died and couldn't meet the girl.
I realized it is very possible to suffer from that kind of amnesia and was wondering if it ever happened to me how i would survive
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 16, 2014
mya1:

I know right. I thought it was gonna be like the predictable love story but how I was wrong. Couldn't stop the tears from flowing and Oh how I love the way Augustus calls Hazel - "Hazel Grace" and their forever slogan "ok".

I read the book earlier this year, I thought it was a good one...but when I watched the movie, oh wow. the way they infused the emotions into the script was epic. Lol the 'okay' thing is just so cute lol.. cigarette is a metaphor lol.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by CoCoLav(f): 7:58am On Nov 16, 2014
mcevans1:
Teri Meherbaniyan

Released in 1985, Teri Meherbaniyan is a movie in which the dog actually plays the role of the hero after the main lead, Ram (Jackie Shroff) dies. The villains gruesomely murder Ram and frame his innocent friend Gopi, who is thereby arrested by the police. The only witness to this horrifying act is Ram’s dog Brownie. Now the dog undertakes the task of avenging its master’s death and successfully completes its mission. Brownie is not only shown as an action hero but it is also shown as an affectionate canine, whose heart aches to be with its loving master, especially in the scene where the dog visits its master’s grave.

Chai!!!!!!!

You brought back memories. This is my best movie ever, wish I could find it to buy or download

Then

Khabi Khushi Khabi Ghum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Mordyb: 7:59am On Nov 16, 2014
I am really surprised that no one mentioned that amir khan movie Every Child is Special
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 16, 2014
fadjnr:

Na Philippine movies full your list o.
grin grin I no dey joke with philippine and india movies, infact I get extra time for them o grin but the thing be say I too dey forget the title of india ones.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by CoCoLav(f): 8:00am On Nov 16, 2014
Mordyb:
I am really surprised that no one mentioned that amir khan movie Every Child is Special

Like stars on earth?
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by DRealGeesam(m): 8:01am On Nov 16, 2014
simiolu1:

Biko, stop crying. D Passion of the Christ is such that I can't watch it a 2nd time... Too much emotion and sadness.
I hope dat pix on ur profile isn't urs
Passion of Christ is in another category of touching. Just too touching.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by maryhaam(f): 8:02am On Nov 16, 2014
DRealGeesam:

At last a lady that is not all gaga about indian movies smiley

I recommend "flowers of war". It is very touching, but the story is solid and worths any viewers time. You will love it more even as a lady.
looool,will note it down
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Tinyemeka(m): 8:04am On Nov 16, 2014
Sile12:
9. GREEN MILES (1999).

One day, John Coffey, a giant black man convicted ofrapingand killing two young white girls, arrives on death row. However, he is shy, soft-spoken, and emotional. John reveals extraordinary powers by healing Paul'surinary tract infectionand resurrecting a mouse. Later, he heals the terminally ill wife of Warden Hal Moores. When John is asked to explain his power, he merely says that he "took it back."
Please what happened to John in the end?
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 16, 2014
DRealGeesam:

As in the movie is the dough
"The fault in our stars"!!!
I am so surprised, people are listing ghagini, i guess people have seen a lot of good movies.

Ghajini is nothing compared to Gus and hazel's story..Mere seeing Ghajini, u would know its all fiction. Up till now, I still find it hard to believe The Fault in Our Stars is pure fiction.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by maryhaam(f): 8:04am On Nov 16, 2014
4lashyme:
I think "Men of Honor" is the really touching. Story of a black man scaling all odds to become a navy diver in a white controled millitary, only to have the opportunity threatened by an accident. In the end, He is required to proof His ability to continue as a navy diver again in an ALL white millitary panel.

men of honour,the drive,perseverance,persistence .....my movie nyday
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 16, 2014
simiolu1:

Biko, stop crying. D Passion of the Christ is such that I can't watch it a 2nd time... Too much emotion and sadness.
I hope dat pix on ur profile isn't urs
smiley my daughter's. Isn't she cute?
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by baddo11(m): 8:05am On Nov 16, 2014
gustav25:
MY NAME IS KHAN

Rizwan Khan (Shah Rukh Khan) is a Muslim child who grew up with his brother Zakir (Jimmy Shergill) and his mother Razia Khan (Zarina Wahab) in a middle-class family in the Borivali section of Mumbai. Rizwan is different from other children, however. He has certain gifts, particularly a special ability to repair mechanical things. His difference leads to special tutoring from a reclusive scholar and extra attention from his mother, both of which lead to heightened jealousy from his brother Zakir, who eventually leaves his family for a life in the United States.

Despite this resentment, as an adult Zakir sponsors Rizwan to come and live with him in San Francisco after the death of their mother. It is at this time that Zakir's wife, Haseena (Sonya Jehan) diagnoses Rizwan with Asperger syndrome. Rizwan also begins to work for Zakir where Zakir runs 'Mehnaz Herbal Beauty Products, and in the process he meets a Hindu woman, Mandira (Kajol) and her young son, Sameer or Sam (Yuvaan Makaar), from a previous marriage. Mandira is a hairdresser. Despite Zakir's hostility to the match, Khan and Mandira marry and settle down in the fictional town of Banville. Both Mandira and Sameer take Rizwan's last name as their own. They also live next door to the Garrick family. Sameer is close to their young son, Reese (Kenton Duty and Michael Arnold) while Mark (Dominic Renda) is a reporter and Sarah (Katie A. Keane) is a friend of Mandira.

The Khans' perfect existence gets disrupted, however, after the September 11 attacks. Mark goes to cover the War in Afghanistan and dies there, much to both Sarah and Reese's distress. At the same time, the Khan family begins to experience post 9–11 prejudice in their community, and Reese begins to turn against an older Sam (Arjan Aujla) as well. One afternoon, an argument between them turns into a racially motivated schoolyard fight between Sameer and a gang of older students. Reese, acting on behalf of Sam, tries to stop the fight, but is held back. Sam dies of a ruptured spleen in the hospital. A shattered Mandira blames Rizwan for Sam's death, stating that Sam "died only because his last name was Khan." She then tells Rizwan that she no longer wants to be with him. When he asks her what he has to do to be together with Mandira, she sarcastically tells him that he has to tell the people of the United States and the President that his name is Khan and that he is not a terrorist.

Rizwan takes Mandira's request seriously, and thus sets out on a journey that takes him from one U.S. state to another, to first meet President George W. Bush (Brent Mendenhall) and later the new President-elect. During this quest, he travels to Wilhemina, Georgia, and befriends Mama Jenny and her son Joel. Later, in Los Angeles, he prays in a mosque and overhears violent rhetoric from Faisal Rahman (Arif Zakaria). He reports this to the FBI but there is no response at that moment. Later, while waiting in a crowd to meet President Bush and repeating again and again, "My name is Khan and I am not a terrorist," Rizwan is clubbed down, arrested and placed in a prison by police who misinterpret his statement thinking he said he was a terrorist.

While in the prison he is interrogated as a terrorist suspect and meets the psychiatrist Radha (Sheetal Menon) who believes he is innocent. He is later released after a media campaign by some Indian student reporters Raj (Arjun Mathur) and Komal (Sugandha Garg) and Bobby Ahuja (Parvin Dabas), who prove his innocence by unearthing his attempts to inform the FBI about Faisal Rahman. After his release, he returns to hurricane-hit Wilhemina to help Mama Jenny and her son. His efforts attract media attention, and numerous Muslims come to help as well.

At the same time, a remorseful Reese confesses to Mandira and reveals the identities of the gang who killed Sam. She informs Detective Garcia (Benny Nieves) who has been assisting her on the case, and he arrests the gang. Mandira later gets a call from S
. Mandira can we have sex please. Hhaha lov dz scene
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by bnovative(m): 8:05am On Nov 16, 2014
buchisom1:
Nobdy is talkin abt films lik The God father, the crious case of bejimine bottlen, the last don,basic instent and i sleep on ya grave
I watched the godfather and the last Don , such that I could memorise every word spoken by the characters involved. But sometimes in April really had me , like the root.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 16, 2014
delightful1:
Mine:
Gahjini cry
Force cry cry cry
Guzaarish cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Baghban cry cry cry cry cry
The Best Man Holiday
The Ultimate Gift
The Vow

That Guzarish movie was torshin sha....couldn't believe Hrithik Roshan the action man could pull that one off...Nice selection.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by DRealGeesam(m): 8:07am On Nov 16, 2014
AlphaLycan:

Ghajini is nothing compared to Gus and hazel's story..Mere seeing Ghajini, u would know its all fiction. Up till now, I still find it hard to believe The Fault in Our Stars is pure fiction.
@maryhaam

This is one heck of a movie too
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by DRealGeesam(m): 8:10am On Nov 16, 2014
bnovative:

I watched the godfather and the last Don , such that I could memorise every word spoken by the characters involved. But sometimes in April really had me , like the root.
Sometime in April... Mmmm

Only a sadist wont be touched by that movie.

Make u reflect on the levels of wickedness of man and ills of tribalism
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by phayvoursky(m): 8:12am On Nov 16, 2014
Movies that made me shed tear. In no particular order

1. I spit on your grave

2. The count of Monte Cristo

3. Titanic

4. Blood Diamond
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by onuwaje(m): 8:13am On Nov 16, 2014
Where is the. Book of Eli??
We were soldiers??
Saving private ryan?
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Samsonklin(m): 8:14am On Nov 16, 2014
I didn't rilly feel anything in "Titanic". I never cried or is it because I don't believe in dat which dey call LOVE?
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by 4lashyme: 8:14am On Nov 16, 2014
maryhaam:
men of honour,the drive,perseverance,persistence .....my movie nyday

I think you also need to see "The Cindarella Man". Very touching.

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by simiolu1(m): 8:16am On Nov 16, 2014
Zikamax:
smiley my daughter's. Isn't she cute?
She is! I guess like mother, like daughter

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by maryhaam(f): 8:18am On Nov 16, 2014
DRealGeesam:

@maryhaam

This is one heck of a movie too
will give it a shot. Is noted
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by maryhaam(f): 8:21am On Nov 16, 2014
Samsonklin:
I didn't rilly feel anything in "Titanic". I never cried or is it because I don't believe in dat which dey call LOVE?
lool so many of us don't believe in it,but we know it exist.d sacrifice n risk. I watch it when m gettin too rigid.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by omega2128(m): 8:22am On Nov 16, 2014
my list
Titanic
Too young to die (true life story)
John Q
Gladiator
The champ
Facing the giants (only movie that made me wept over and over again- it portraits my life)
Passion of the Christ (I can't stand it)
We are soldiers
Pursuit of happiness
Seven pound
Rattle snake (ibo movie subtitle in english, bastardize version is owo blow yoruba movie)
If only (uk movie)
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by iamord(m): 8:25am On Nov 16, 2014
DRealGeesam:

Seems u watch a lot of meaningful movies.
Great list there.

Yeah I sure do.. Thanks . I have a big list of them
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by unmask: 8:30am On Nov 16, 2014
Coach carter
50 first date
Thai insurance ad on YouTube (father and son)
Heroes

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by jdluv(f): 8:34am On Nov 16, 2014
How old was William smith here?
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by 4q: 8:38am On Nov 16, 2014
Hachiko : A dog story.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by armadeo(m): 8:39am On Nov 16, 2014
The color purple.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

BBNaija: Ike And Mercy In Toilet Romance / Bbnaija: Things To Learn From Tacha’s Disqualification / My Eternal On AIT, From 10-11am, Mon-fri.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.