Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,659 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) (28248 Views)

Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams / Al Azhar University - Is It The Most Respected Sunni Authority? / Muslim Scholars Issue Verdict On Syria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by vedaxcool(m): 1:40pm On Nov 17, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Me too.

Mine is Vedaxcool cheesy

Oo Serious cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by AlBaqir(m): 1:46pm On Nov 17, 2014
lanrexlan:

@RILWAYNE001, abeg complete my payment if you want campaign to continue cheesy .
Tintingz too cheesy

Ohhhh! I'm missing something. Rilwayne001 me too go send my account no. Ooooooo. grin grin
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Rilwayne001: 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
AlBaqir:

Ohhhh! I'm missing something. Rilwayne001 me too go send my account no. Ooooooo. grin grin

grin grin

Campaign - You did'nt campaign

1st round election - you did'nt vote

2nd round election - „„„„

And you're planning to send your acct number shocked ....for what sir? grin grin grin

Even though i am to be blame for not taggin u, but all ^^this will be overlook if you cast your vote tomao.

You can send your acct number tomorrow after the election, we'll credit your acct. wink wink

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Zeinymira(f): 3:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
Mufti Menk
Paiko
Luqman Idris

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
Don't get much on this voting stuff. sounds like Facebook. What's it all about?. Anyways, am not familiar with nija scholars much but few amongst famous old ones.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by AlBaqir(m): 5:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
Rilwayne001:

grin grin

Campaign - You did'nt campaign

1st round election - you did'nt vote

2nd round election - „„„„

And you're planning to send your acct number shocked ....for what sir? grin grin grin

Even though i am to be blame for not taggin u, but all ^^this will be overlook if you cast your vote tomao.

You can send your acct number tomorrow after the election, we'll credit your acct. wink wink

grin grin grin all the same I'm glad you didn't deny a brother...ha owo la n so faa. grin I don start my campaign now.

VOTE for Rilwayne001

Catch fun brother. Salam alaykum

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by lanrexlan(m): 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
tbaba1234:

Who send you message? grin

Albaqir is partly correct, my mum is hausa.
cheesy grin **Mouth sealed**
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by lanrexlan(m): 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Bro.

We'll pay you tommorrow, cheesy

Just make sure you cast your vote tomao...no worries
Deal.
tintingz: hahahahahaha na so you like moneygrin.
My brother, I wan be like you ni cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by lanrexlan(m): 5:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
Empiree:
Don't get much on this voting stuff. sounds like Facebook. What's it all about?. Anyways, am not familiar with nija scholars much but few amongst famous old ones.
Mr Nairaland December edition.Tintingz and Rilwayne001 are among the contestants
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Rilwayne001: 6:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
AlBaqir:

grin grin grin all the same I'm glad you didn't deny a brother...ha owo la n so faa. grin I don start my campaign now.

VOTE for Rilwayne001

Catch fun brother. Salam alaykum

grin grin will tagg you tommorrow inshaAllah smiley

Waalaykum salam bro. smiley
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by abuhalima(m): 7:03pm On Nov 17, 2014
Foreign- mufti menk, Dr Zakir naik, Suleiman Moola. 9ja- Ustaz Amubieya, Dr Sharafudeen Gbadebo

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 7:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
Shukran
lanrexlan:
Mr Nairaland December edition.Tintingz and Rilwayne001 are among the contestants
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by balash(m): 7:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
Zeinymira:
Mufti Menk
Paiko
Luqman Idris

Which of the luqman idris? Heard one is in ilorin and very good.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Zeinymira(f): 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2014
balash:

Which of the luqman idris? Heard one is in ilorin and very good.
I don't know if he is in Ilorin or from there. Buh his lectures are mostly in yoruba
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by balash(m): 9:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
Zeinymira:

I don't know if he is in Ilorin or from there. Buh his lectures are mostly in yoruba

Okay dear! Went through your topics saw the funny diary about u but no access to post on there. Lol
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by zemaye: 10:46am On Nov 18, 2014
Umar Dada paiko
Ibn Uthman
Abu Nasir
Abu Abdullah Maigari
To mention a few
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Fundamentalist: 12:33pm On Nov 19, 2014
lanrexlan:
Prove it. Please what do you know about those men?

i know them very well, what they dont do is showing which tariqa they actually belong to? i am very certain they are sufis. i have listened to thier lectures in yoruba, typical sufis they are
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Fundamentalist: 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2014
lanrexlan:
Probably what he thinks when sufi comes to his mind is 'sokoto sofe'(Trousers above the ankles) Lol. cheesy
I guess he doesn't even know the meaning of Innovation.

what i think your problem is the fact that you think who i consider as a muslim is someone with a beard or a 3/4 trousers. that is a wrong concept, although it should among the dress code of a muslim male. saying i dont know the meaning of innovation is a under statement as i did a thread on that on my username sheykul islam. thier are sufis who keep beards, keep thier trousers above the ankles, despise rosary(tesuba) but practice innovations and shirk in the name of islam. i dont see why i should like a sufi when he wages war on the sunnah and the basic principles of islams and worst of all spreading it to ignorant muslims
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by lanrexlan(m): 5:19pm On Nov 19, 2014
Fundamentalist:

what i think your problem is the fact that you think who i consider as a muslim is someone with a beard or a 3/4 trousers. that is a wrong concept, although it should among the dress code of a muslim male.
My problem? I never insinuate the above, what I simply said was that 'what comes to your mind when sufi is mentioned is 'sokoto sofe''.
It will be very foolish of one to think beard and jumping trousers is what qualifies a muslim.

fundamentalist: saying i dont know the meaning of innovation is a under statement as i did a thread on that on my username sheykul islam. thier are sufis who keep beards, keep thier trousers above the ankles, despise rosary(tesuba) but practice innovations and shirk in the name of islam. i dont see why i should like a sufi when he wages war on the sunnah and the basic principles of islams and worst of all spreading it to ignorant muslims
The problem now is for you to define what innovations are and what practices of the people you accused to sufism contradicting the sunnah.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 10:48pm On Nov 19, 2014
@ fundamentalist, do you even know that paper money (naira) you have in your wallet or pocket is haram, bid'ah and shirk, shirk, shirk? grin . paper money is not "sunnah money". It's not mentioned in the Quran. Money in the Quran and Sunnah is Dinar and Durham. I:E Gold-Dinar and Silver-Durham. Sufi Scholars have said countless times that we should return to Dinar and Durham. I dont hear this from their critics.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by tbaba1234: 11:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
Empiree:
@ fundamentalist, do you even know that paper money (naira) you have in your wallet or pocket is haram, bid'ah and shirk, shirk, shirk? grin . paper money is not "sunnah money". It's not mentioned in the Quran. Money in the Quran and Sunnah is Dinar and Durham. I:E Gold-Dinar and Silver-Durham. Sufi Scholars have said countless times that we should return to Dinar and Durham. I dont hear this from their critics.

That is not the definition of Bidah, Bidah is innovation in the religion. You are almost saying because camels were used and mentioned in the sunnah, we should revert to camels.

I would like to see fundamentalist's specific concerns about these scholars. It is true that there is a lot of innovation amongst some sufis.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 11:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
tbaba1234:

That is not the definition of Bidah, Bidah is innovation in the religion. You are almost saying because camels were used and mentioned in the sunnah, we should revert to camels.

I would like to see fundamentalist's specific concerns about these scholars. It is true that there is a lot of innovation amongst some sufis.

Lol, rule #1 broken cheesy... I thought Islam is a Way->Path (as a whole). I am listening.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by tbaba1234: 12:09am On Nov 20, 2014
Empiree:
Lol, rule #1 broken cheesy... I thought Islam is a Way->Path (as a whole). I am listening.

Islam gives you guidelines to live, within that path, there are several ways to live as a muslim.

Innovation in affairs where the religion has clear practises is bidah. Innovation in technology or other affairs not restricted by the religion is not bidah.

The concept is simple.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 12:34am On Nov 20, 2014
tbaba1234:

Islam gives you guidelines to live, within that path, there are several ways to live as a muslim.

Innovation in affairs where the religion has clear practises is bidah. Innovation in technology or other affairs not restricted by the religion is not bidah.

The concept is simple.

NOTED BUT NOT ACCEPTED. Point drifted here. Using standard adopted by those who support your analysis, that "if not in the Quran nor in the Sunnah, it's rejected.","paper money" is not. I have no problem with your analysis up there. But here we talking about "Money". It's mentioned in the Quran, Dinar wa Dirham aka "Sunnah money" which had its value within itself, intrinsic value. It was created by Allah but man replaced it for something else. It's not bid'ah really....it is shirk. Chai, we are all in deep lizard's hole.

Anyways, I am just pulling your leg. I know what you trying to proof but i wont buy it. I just brought this up to show Mr. funder his other side. We all spend paper money. I just wanted to bother you..that's all.

RipOffs..... bcus we abandoned Sunnah grin grin grin grin

1.00 GBP = 272.693 NGN
British Pound ↔ Nigerian Naira

1.00 EUR =218.186 NGN
Euro ↔ Nigerian Naira

1.00 USD =173.960 NGN
US Dollar ↔Nigerian Naira

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by olawalebabs(m): 6:02am On Nov 20, 2014
I don't have any special attachment to any islamic lecturer when it come to delivering the da'awah, a trend you can't wish away is that most comtemporary lecturers in Nigeria have a background of MSSN brotherhood. Prof AGAS Oladosu of unilorin, Imam Ahmad abdulrahman are good example.

In the typical traditional yoruba sector, Alfa Aduaagba of Ilorin, Alfa Ashim Al badawih (base in kaduna) are also trying their best.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by AlBaqir(m): 6:39am On Nov 20, 2014
olawalebabs:
Prof AGAS Oladosu of unilorin, Imam Ahmad abdulrahman are good example.

Ma sha Allah! Those are whom I call good lecturers. Sheik Abdurahman Ahmad - Is he still Ansar deen's national missioner?
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by busar(m): 7:18am On Nov 20, 2014
From Nigeria:Sheykh Najmudeen Sulayman, ustaz abd. Ganiy jumu'ah, ustaz Sylayman Amubieya, Abu Noosir, Dr. Abd.Rasaq Alaro, them plenty to mention few.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by olawalebabs(m): 11:13am On Nov 20, 2014
AlBaqir:

Ma sha Allah! Those are whom I call good lecturers. Sheik Abdurahman Ahmad - Is he still Ansar deen's national missioner?
Yes, he is the one.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Sissie(f): 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
Empiree:
NOTED BUT NOT ACCEPTED. Point drifted here. Using standard adopted by those who support your analysis, that "if not in the Quran nor in the Sunnah, it's rejected.","paper money" is not. I have no problem with your analysis up there. But here we talking about "Money". It's mentioned in the Quran, Dinar wa Dirham aka "Sunnah money" which had its value within itself, intrinsic value. It was created by Allah but man replaced it for something else. It's not bid'ah really....it is shirk. Chai, we are all in deep lizard's hole.

Anyways, I am just pulling your leg. I know what you trying to proof but i wont buy it. I just brought this up to show Mr. funder his other side. We all spend paper money. I just wanted to bother you..that's all.

RipOffs..... bcus we abandoned Sunnah grin grin grin grin

1.00 GBP = 272.693 NGN
British Pound ↔ Nigerian Naira

1.00 EUR =218.186 NGN
Euro ↔ Nigerian Naira

1.00 USD =173.960 NGN
US Dollar ↔Nigerian Naira

No offence meant but this a twisted point of view.
Islam gives guidelines and matters of worship are clear.
Except for matters of worship you can't call something shirk, Infact not all bidiah that's shirk.

What's Shirk? Lets start with that.

And when bidiah is mentioned it's about acts of worship not anything else.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
^^You see, i have pals here and i don't want trivial issue breaks us apart. Better we leave this as is. If i have to break it down why i arrived at above conclusions using methodology of salaf it will turn out disgusting
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 1:35am On Nov 21, 2014
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 5:57am On Nov 21, 2014
Imam Ibn Taymiyyah's View on Sufis!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od2rwGwwj3E

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Prohibition Of Looking At Another Person’s Private Part (awrah) / Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? / Women Wearing Short, Tight Or See-through Clothes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.