Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) (28247 Views)

Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams / Al Azhar University - Is It The Most Respected Sunni Authority? / Muslim Scholars Issue Verdict On Syria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Demmzy15(m): 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
zeezzy:
Sheik Abdullah Faisal
I don't like the guy, he's rude, extreme in takfir. He has no respect.

Here
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 06, 2015
I like his lectures and like him more when the west imprisoned and then deported him.I don't think he's disrespectful.These pple are humans too,you know,so,we shouldn't expect them to be perfect.They run on emotions too and can say things.Am expecting his lectures on the passage of homosexual laws(smiles).
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Demmzy15(m): 9:13am On Jul 11, 2015
zeezzy:
I like his lectures and like him more when the west imprisoned and then deported him.I don't think he's disrespectful.These pple are humans too,you know,so,we shouldn't expect them to be perfect.They run on emotions too and can say things.Am expecting his lectures on the passage of homosexual laws(smiles).
It's was even after he came out of prison that he cooled down. Imagine him saying you can kill Kafir with chemical weapons and that cockroaches have more dignity than Non-Muslims. It's ain't right bro!
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Rilwayne001: 9:32am On Jul 11, 2015
Demmzy15:

It's was even after he came out of prison that he cooled down. Imagine him saying you can kill Kafir with chemical weapons and that cockroaches have more dignity than Non-Muslims. It's ain't right bro!

Damn! too bad.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Demmzy15(m): 9:42am On Jul 11, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Damn! too bad.
Mehn I was scared! embarassed
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Rilwayne001: 9:59am On Jul 11, 2015
Demmzy15:
Mehn I was scared! embarassed
Unfortunately, he can only deceive the gullible.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by munex007(m): 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
Sheik Saleh Al Maghamsy

This sheik lectures added positively in my aqeedah..You need to listen to it to understand what I mean... He crys a lot when he start explaining the greatness of Allah due to the Nur in his heart

Type his name on "Youtube" to view is very deep and heart trembling lecture

Dr Tawfiq Chowdury

Ceo of Mercy mission... I listen to his Tafsir on Surah Duha ever since have been glue to him
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 7:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
abuhubaidah:
مضحك أنت.....I need prove that you *empiree * is able to draft one duah for someone other than the duahs of rosuul... Yasin mewa kilo de..... If you know you love Allah, follow me (rosuulu llah Muhammod)....
Go back to madrasa please. smh
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by kennyosein(m): 8:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
Empiree:

Bro.....pls stop being arrogant, there's no harm if you don't know, you can't prescribe dua/dhkri for anybody except what is being authentic narrated by the Prophet's peace be upon him and you can add count to it like this Yasin mewa you said.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 8:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
You two(2) need to return to madrasa cus you make less sense all the time. I'd tried avoiding you guys.
kennyosein:
[/quote]
And you dragnet, it's being over a month now lanrexlan asked you question you did not answer.

[quote author=dragnet post=35123857]

Same you too. Just run your mouth but refused to answer question. It's been some 9 months tbaba asked you a question at the beinging of this thread you could not answer. And you want me to take you serious. You accused Sufi of being mushrikun. So you need to defend that accusation or shut up for good. Neither of you proved anything.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by abuhubaidah: 8:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
Empiree:
ما زلت طالبا يا ولد ابرز ما عندك .. مضحك أنت أيضا

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
author=Royals1 post=34875266]
As for you accusing great Sheik Adam Al-Ilory of being misguided, i wont take you serious cus you dont even know what "nakali" means in Islamic context but you accused these men of misguidance. You need to openly and secretly make tauba. These men worked hard so that you could be muslim today. You sure have no idea of the struggle of Sheik Adam until his last days on earth. Maybe you need to be schooled a little bit. Where were you around in the 1950s when this man was struggling up and down trying to establish Islam in Abeokuta in 1953?. That was at age 36. How many 36 yrs old today can go through that without backsliding ?.

Abeokuta is a very strong traditional 'juju' worshipers domain. They attacked Sheik Adam with sihr, magic etc but Allah rendered their efforts null and void. He witnessed death and death also saw him. You know what that means isnt?. Go and study his biography and especially on Murkas before it was relocated to Agege, Lagos.

Despite his fame throughtout nigeria and around the world, it was like islam not gaining ground in nigeria. He sensed Islam would die with him bcus every Sunday, what he saw was "White garments" folks, the Christians. It was said that Sheik Adam lamented to Allah to raise islam after him. He felt like his fame overshadowed other Ulama.

Perhaps if you arent too young, you could remember abundant churches everywhere in the 80s and 90s with strong missionary force; funded by the West to end Islam by year 2000?. Nigerian Pastors were trained at Bible College in USA. Sheik Adam's dua was accepted after his death leading to establishement of many Muslim Associations starting around 1995 - NACOMYO, NASFAT, ANSARDEEN, ANWARDEEN...you name it. It's these groups now founded "ASALATU" that some of you folks are now condeming. It if they were to be textual rigidity folks like you and your cohorts, they would have said "Asalatu" was not practiced by the prophet and the companions. This is called a "lazy man methodology". But "ASALATUL prayers" on Sundays strengthens many muslims...especially women. And also brought many to Islam.

Or you want to accuse Sheik Kamaldeen Al-dabiy, a great Sufi Sheik, if he recommends prayer you wont do it because your have warped ideology called "Quran and Sunnah" that you have no idea what really means?. A man that performed his karramah commanding rain using his deeds as interseccion. Can you or any of your Ulama today do that?. I mean the folks screaming "Quran and Sunnah" like robot everywhere. They dont know the prophet(saw). They just reading books.

If such a man gives me a dua or recommends it, why cant i do it?. What is that silly thing that a muslim cant draft a dua for another muslim?. Sounds silly to me.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 9:11pm On Jul 20, 2015
kennyosein:

Bro.....pls stop being arrogant, there's no harm if you don't know, you can't prescribe dua/dhkri for anybody except what is being authentic narrated by the Prophet's peace be upon him and you can add count to it like this Yasin mewa you said.
This is not about pride...it's about you accusing others of being misguided and mushrik. You think you know better than those men who came before you?. You just reading books that have been interpolated overtime.You think i dont know what I am talking about?. Anyways, go and answer your abandoned question cus you made takfir on bunch of people. I dont even like engaging you.

And what did i recommend here?. I didnt yet. I only gave example but you chose to call it "recommendation". Havent you guys recommended dua here times without number?. Are dua in the Quran not part Sunnah?. There are tones of books written out there. What we know, we know. What we dont know, we dont know. Simple. And Suran Yasin is not reccommended?. That shows you have no clue. Oh I get you cus it's long to recite 10x so it's "daef right?. smh

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 3:47am On Jul 21, 2015
abuhubaidah:
ما زلت طالبا يا ولد ابرز ما عندك .. مضحك أنت أيضا
Yes, stay there and learn well man. Knowledge is broad. We know not everything
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by kennyosein(m): 5:59am On Jul 21, 2015
Empiree:
You two(2) need to return to madrasa cus you make less sense all the time. I'd tried avoiding you guys.
And you dragnet, it's being over a month now lanrexlan asked you question you did not answer.

Same you too. Just run your mouth but refused to answer question. It's been some 9 months tbaba asked you a question at the beinging of this thread you could not answer. And you want me to take you serious. You accused Sufi of being mushrikun. So you need to defend that accusation or shut up for good. Neither of you proved anything.

Help with the link to tbaba question.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by kennyosein(m): 6:14am On Jul 21, 2015
@Empiree: You are very funny even tbaba won't agree with this your notion.

Let me explain it this way perchance you'll understand, the Prophet's (peace be upon him) dua prescription and that of your Sheikh Adam, Kamaldeen and others which one will you take from?
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 10:47am On Jul 21, 2015
kennyosein:
@Empir.ee: You are very funny even tbaba won't agree with this your notion.

Let me explain it this way perchance you'll understand, the Prophet's (peace be upon him) dua prescription and that of your Sheikh Adam, Kamaldeen and others which one will you take from?

Yea, i expect this illogical reasoning of yours. Indeed, it is irrelevant to try to engage in long winded argument with you. I do not have problem with your understanding of "Quran and Sunnah". But I have problem with you calling others bidaah and mushrik. You and your cohorts do that, period. Truly, your understanding of following Quran and Sunah is very narrow.

You think those great Shuyuk dont quote hadith/prophet?. You think they dont know about hisn Muslim and all that?. Stick to your rigid interpretation. I dont have problem with it. Islam allows for flexibility in many non obligatory duties and naflat.

Imagine "Alfa kennyosein" walking down the street and a brother asks, "Alfa kenny, pls help me. I have xyz problem, what dua can you recommend for me?"

And your response is "I dont have book of hadith with me right now. I have to go home and look for what rosul prescribed on this and I will get back to you".

This is called stupidity. Quality of a muslim is to be "walking Quran". This is the way of these great Sheikhs. I am sure you do not memorize ALL recommended dua in various ahadith. What does Rabannas in the Quran indicate to you?.

What does this means to you? "And your Lord says, "Call upon Me; I will respond to you." 40/60

So keep it up man. Good-luck!
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by kennyosein(m): 12:36pm On Jul 21, 2015
You are a funny dude, do you have proof of me calling Muslims mushrik/bida'ah?

You post only shows that you are very dimwit in the affairs of deen. My advice to you is stop blind following your Alfa's and you need to learn the deen from the onset.

May Allah increase us in guidance.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 3:41pm On Jul 21, 2015
^ Oh sorry,, I mixed you up with someone else. It's the fundame.ntalist brother. Sorry about that. But you aint far from his ideology anyway. Sorry I dont do follow follow. That's misconstrued. Dont think for a second that your understanding of Qur'an and Sunnah is the only way.

You said 'dont follow blindly'. Aren't salafis follow their shuyuk as well?. They have their medieval scholars like Sheik Ibn Tayimiyah (RA), Sheik Muhammad Ibn Abdl Wahab(RA). Sufis also have their medieval contemporaries like Sheik Sidi Ahmad Tijjani (RA) and Sheik Abdul Qudri Jilani(RA).

Salafis also have their 20th century scholar like Sheik Ibn Baz(RA). Sufis also have their 20th century scholar like Sheik Adam Al-ilory. The two groups use different approach. Theoterical and spiritual aproach. You quote your leaders. They quote theirs as well. What's the problem. It is too much with you people calling them Ahl-bidah and mushirk. Sufis are not known to make takfir on people just anyhow. Afterall, they are muslims. Thats my point. Sorry that I misunderstood you for someone else.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by shomutuski(m): 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2015
Salam!! First. I have to say, making the sha'adah compulsory doesn't make sense @ all. I think sha'adah or not, It has to do with Iman. What of if I don want it on my profile.. You guys should be liberal and open minded.. Don't let some people misread your motives and link you to extremism.

Back to the Op's question!!! I think Ahmed DeeDat and prophet Muhammad (PbuH) inspires me, I love their teaching. Ahmed deedat unfortunately is dead but most of his videos are online.. He was formally a christian that took islam and defended it till hiss death. You should watch some of hiis debate videos. I also love Dr Zakir.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 1:59am On Jul 24, 2015
Also.... SHEIKH RABIU ADEBAYO ABDUL MALIK (BABA L'OWORO)
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by abuhubaidah: 8:41pm On Jul 27, 2015
Empiree:
Yes, stay there and learn well man. Knowledge is broad. We know not everything
brother please enroll in a modrasah because you know less about your Deen.. You can join us at da'rul Hadith
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by abuhubaidah: 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2015
Empiree:
Also.... SHEIKH RABIU ADEBAYO ABDUL MALIK (BABA L'OWORO) RTA
habajo can't blame you thou.. أسأل الله لك الهداية إلى سنة رسوله

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 9:38pm On Jul 27, 2015
Pardon?. He's not muslim?.
abuhubaidah:
habajo can't blame you thou.. أسأل الله لك الهداية إلى سنة رسوله
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 9:47pm On Jul 27, 2015
abuhubaidah:
brother please enroll in a modrasah because you know less about your Deen.. You can join us at da'rul Hadith
heheheehehehe, Ahl-hadith. I got you. Make no mistake, you are accusing me of exact same thing you doing..

Now, let's face it. Dont even think for a second I have time for descriminating against any muslim like you people do. You just condemned another muslim by saying "abalajo" meaning 'oh i see who you are now'. You people condemn segment of muslims for "blindly" following their shuyuk. But many of you do exact same thing. My question, what gives you right to think you better than others?. See, I dont belong to any of this or that group. I listen to any muslim scholars regardles of faction.

Since you people have been mentioning your favorite scholars and lecturers, I never condemed any. But if others mentioned thiers, just because you dont admire them, you call them names like Alhu bid'ah. So what are you now?. Alhu hadith, right?. Keep it up. I dont have time for this nonsense

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by abuhubaidah: 10:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
Empiree:
Pardon?. He's not muslim?.
don't get me wrong I didn't say is not a Muslim, but he is a mubtedi which the prophet warned us not to be.. I know this ADEBAYO very well, all tijaniyyat do believe that you earn more reward when reciting solatul fatih than observing the obligatory solat.you can check a book called Jawa'hirul maha'ny by Ahmad tija'ny or tenwiirul absor by Muhammad Awwal(oshodi). They also believe that is everywhere not in the samoh and many more.... Listen to sound scholars of Islam not mubtediheen

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 11:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
abuhubaidah:
don't get me wrong I didn't say is not a Muslim, but he is a mubtedi which the prophet warned us not to be.. I know this ADEBAYO very well, all tijaniyyat do believe that you earn more reward when reciting solatul fatih than observing the obligatory solat.you can check a book called Jawa'hirul maha'ny by Ahmad tija'ny or tenwiirul absor by Muhammad Awwal(oshodi). They also believe that is everywhere not in the samoh and many more.... Listen to sound scholars of Islam not mubtediheen
Sorry, man. I stop listen heresays you people spread around in the name of "I know him very well". Same old nonsense.

Let me get back on my regular pc and I will post a lecture of his i just watched. I am sick of hearing nonsense. And please when i post the video, make sure you watch it full becuase I am aware that Alhu hadith, salafis and co dont know how to listen to Sufi..the same way you refute one another. The video will dump your claim up there in garbage bin. It will tell you how he put emphasis on obligatory salat. smh for you.

Obligatory 5 daily Salat take precedence over anything. Get that fact straight

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by kennyosein(m): 1:39am On Jul 28, 2015
Abuhubaidah do not be deceived by his speech he is someone who knows perfectly what he is doing, and he is well determined in spreading is soofee aqeedah.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 2:37am On Jul 28, 2015
^^ Alright. Enough. You have turned this to "my aqeeda is better than yours". I wont even bother myself posting his lecture here. And you keep forcing 'sufism' down my throat when in fact i didnt call myself one. Keep up with sectarianism cus that what you people do best.

Same old nonsense i went through some yrs back. Not for once @both of you defended your claims against sufis. If your ideology is base on discriminating against scholars of islam and muslims, then, it's faulted.

I will post his lecture in my profile. Simple

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by kennyosein(m): 6:38am On Jul 28, 2015
Lol...scholars of Islam perhaps you also believe onikijipa, buhari Omo musa, alabara omi are also scholars.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by usermane(m): 8:04am On Jul 28, 2015
Why so offended, Empiree? You do this to others who do not share your discourse. You even go far to insult, demonize and mock them(including me). Had i posted names of some whom i respect as Muslim scholars or thinkers, you and several others would have aided the Wahabbis here in condemning them. Fortunately, i don't put scholars on a pedestal. I am far drawn to the message than the messenger. I neither blindly reject nor accept their words so i couldn't care less of you or anyone abusing my them.

So, enough. The traditional Muslim community is not wired towards Islamic pluralism and tolerance of counter religious viewpoints and this is the problem. This problem is not limited to kennyosein or the hardliners, but extends to the general orthodox Muslim community.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 9:15am On Jul 28, 2015
^ lol, offended?, trust me, im not. probably sounds like that to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Prohibition Of Looking At Another Person’s Private Part (awrah) / Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? / Women Wearing Short, Tight Or See-through Clothes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.