Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London (79495 Views)

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / The Lagos You Will Not See On Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Larriekay: 4:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
harde2lah:

Tell me which ethnic region/tribe do not have mansions and businesses in Lagos. The input of those other major ethnic groups to the delopment of Lagos and their stake in her is far
greater than that of the igbo. Going by your logic, all ethnic regions in Nigeria have a say in Lagos affairs.
Secondly, you should ask yourself why these business men you listed chose to conduct their business in Lagos SW and not alaigbo or any other states in Nigeria. SW states have innovative approach to attracting foreign direct investments (FDI). Our environment is one within which business can be run without any hitch. They didn't come to lagos because they love the Yoruba or wants to improve the fortune of the lagosians but because they saw it as a conducive destination for business, industry and commerce just like other SW states like Ogun and Oyo.
So when we have everything at our disposal why should we run to other cities to invest. what will other cities offer us that the SW in its entirety cannot offer? SW has a lot of benefits to offer for investors which SE cannot provide. Between, we are accommodating and tolerant. investors feel at home in the SW hence the reason for chosen as their choice of destination for investment. Whether you like it or not, SW has the highest number of industries in Nigeria. Thanks to our state governments who made this possible through its efforts in creating an enabling environment that would attract local and foreign investors.
Less I forget we have many prominent Yoruba business mean and women in port Harcourt because that is our second place we feel at home. Sorry but we cannot invest in your erosion ravaged city. I have the directory of oil and gas services and other companies in Nigeria with me. Youba and Hausa takes the lead. We don't do petty business and we are not traders.

Pls if ds doesn't sink to his head, he obviously get get it again

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Larriekay: 4:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
harde2lah:

I will list them here when my laptop is energized. I don't have power on my laptop now. No, we can't invest in yiboland because we don't trust you; we don't want you to kidnap us; you are greedy; we don't want our investment to be washed away by erowion; we don't want to be eaten by cannibals; and finally your environment is not conducive to business and a good ROI is not assured. We will invest in your land when you have learnt how to stay in your land and stop being a parasite

I wonder why he found it difficult to comprehend something as simple as that. Ask him if he can go and invest in Afganistan. Na wa o.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Olayinka8793(m): 4:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
[quote author=olayinka8793 post=27861398][/quote]oh Lord why did u create me a flattie?
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by erinolu(m): 4:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
Oleeee.........

Those skyscrapers. .....na Lagos state governor build am

akpabio revolutionalised Uyo with first class road without taxing the people. Your governor built lekki road plus the ikoyi link bridge and fixed a toll to tax common men......haba

even against court injunction. ...Fashola fashy court and they almost assassinated the gentleman that took the matter to court

oleeeeee

oluwafemi113:
Pls don't compare Lagos with Uyo

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by akugbemike(m): 5:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
MaziOmenuko:

This is pure blasphemy cheesygrin

We stay in mainland because we can't afford houses in Island cheesygrin Anytime I pass thru Goldengates, Parkview and Banana Island in Ikoyi, I encourage lie to myself that I will afford one of those places someday cheesygrin

Chief Mazi, Yes! the Island is rich...but if you are the out going kinda person, you will def. love the Mainland.

If you must know, we have some really messed up places in Lekki and Ajah sef..

As for Mainland...from Ikeja en-route Gbagada to Surulere- Isolo-Even Yaba sef... omo, fine fine places dey scatter.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by akugbemike(m): 5:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
Arsenate:
wow that's nice to know. what specifically made you fall in love with Lagos? I've been in Lagos for over 3 years now; I've tried my best to "enjoy" the way most lagosians claim they are, but naaaa....the stress levels in that town isn't worth it. you literally struggle for everything; things people take for granted in other parts of the country are a privilege to an average lagosian.

Let me help you, take your mind off the regular gridlock traffic you encounter daily.

Every other thing here is fun.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by ibadanfinest(m): 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
ichidodo:
There are more eastern immigrants because most economic facilities and infrastructures built by the colonials and FG are situated in Lagos....There are more eastern immigrants because most are led by the spirit of enterprise and adventure which is why Lagos has been a launchpad to eastern economic immigrants in Europe,South-east Asia,America and the Carribeans,sourcing and attracting FDI to Nigeria.....There are more eastern immigrants because western people are risk-averse,narcissists and laid-back (didn't want to say lazy) allowing for economic niches which are currently occupied by these so-called immigrants who have taken it upon themselves to own,develop land and not build brown roof shacks.Otherwise Lagos would have been one giant brown roof slum..
brown roof is just an indication of early development. Why do I have to migrate to the east, I have been in owerri for 3 months now moving round the city and I hv not noticed one single production company. If I am to under-take any risk, it will be to travel to a place whose economy is bigger than mine. Most of the consumables that are sold here are transported from the west mostly ogun state. You guys are just retailers. An ibo guy thinks of moving down to lagos but a yoruba guy will definitely think of moving abroad. Risk-averse my foot, we use cocoa money to build the the first sky scrappers and the best and most beautiful university (Obafemi Awolowo university) see guys struggling for visa to go to advanced country while your people are struggling for transport fare to come to the south-west.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by PAINGAIN: 5:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
donhils:

So what exactly is unbelievable about these pictures?
no mind am, op never travelled outside naija na y trashy lagos dey do am like this.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by jaydee87(m): 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
without sentiment those pictures are beautiful but I would have loved a more real picture like ajegunle, mushin, eko, obalende, ijora, oyingbo. but Lagos fine sha for night especially roads with traffic light.....
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2014
Larriekay:

I wonder why he found it difficult to comprehend something as simple as that. Ask him if he can go and invest in Afganistan. Na wa o.
They know the truth, they just chose to ignore it. Even if the truth is staring at them, they would still not acknowledge. It sucks to be them.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
ibadanfinest:
brown roof is just an indication of early development. Why do I have to migrate to the east, I have been in owerri for 3 months now moving round the city and I hv not noticed one single production company. If I am to under-take any risk, it will be to travel to a place whose economy is bigger than mine. Most of the consumables that are sold here are transported from the west mostly ogun state. You guys are just retailers. An ibo guy thinks of moving down to lagos but a yoruba guy will definitely think of moving abroad. Risk-averse my foot, we use cocoa money to build the the first sky scrappers and the best and most beautiful university (Obafemi Awolowo university) see guys struggling for visa to go to advanced country while your people are struggling for transport fare to come to the south-west.
Thank you. These guys have no shame with the trash they spew here everyday.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by sobmos(m): 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
ichidodo:
Beautiful cosmopolitan Lagos....My birthplace...Our No man's land..
the fact that you're born in lagos does not make it,a "no man's land". If you don't know where you come from,you better ask your father or mother. The fact that Lagos state has a supreme oba and several other obas,should tell you lagos belongs to it's true indigenes. Or,have you heard of igwe of lagos? Or the sultan of lagos? Grow some brains please.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by oluwafemi113(m): 5:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
ibadanfinest:
truth is bitter
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by ichidodo: 5:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
ibadanfinest:
You done win....happy now?.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by oluwafemi113(m): 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
sobmos:
the fact that you're born in lagos does not make it,a "no man's land". If you don't know where you come from,you better ask your father or mother. The fact that Lagos state has a supreme oba and several other obas,should tell you lagos belongs to it's true indigenes. Or,have you heard of igwe of lagos? Or the sultan of lagos? Grow some brains please.
well said
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by darne(m): 5:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
Lasgidi Untop,......Watch Out For My State #Katsna Coming On Dan Burauba angry angry angry
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by ichidodo: 5:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
sobmos:
[s]the fact that you're born in lagos does not make it,a "no man's land". If you don't know where you come from,you better ask your father or mother. The fact that Lagos state has a supreme oba and several other obas,should tell you lagos belongs to it's true indigenes. Or,have you heard of igwe of lagos? Or the sultan of lagos? Grow some brains please[/s].
Trash.
Lagos is the birthplace of millions who are non yorubas and yorobars who are non-indigenes.....That place is no man's land,take it or leave it..
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by oluwafemi113(m): 5:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
PAINGAIN:
no mind am, op never travelled outside naija na y trashy lagos dey do am like this.
for your mind

Come to think off I obtain my first degree at City University London
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by sherickson: 5:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
Goahead:
With Lagos epic traffic these makes no sense to be compared with London, NYC...
Nevertheless it's wonderful☺
who told u der re no traffic jam in nyc,som nigerians no notin.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Benvolio(m): 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2014
calaway:

ABA ABIA HAS BEEN STRANGULATED AND RAPED FOR 30 YEARS. CRUDE OIL FROM HER HIGH YIELD FIELDS HAVE BEEN USED TO DEVELOP LAGOS AND FEED YOUR FAMILIES ALONG WITH YOU FCT AND OTHER SW STATES. PLEASE SHOW THE STATE RESPECT. DONT ADD INSULT TO INJURY OR YOU WILL COME ACROSS AS AN UNGRATEFUL PARASITE LIKE YOU FATHER BEFORE YOU.
am nt a tribal bigot bt did u ever do history wen u R in sch? if I were you, I wont cum and brag on words told by ur elders wu believe in tribal supremacy! Lagos has bin developed since it was a colony and during d first republic nt wt oil money thou! or did Nigeria base on oil den? ?our fathers are the great mhen of Nigeria! dey deserve sum respect frm u asshole
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Benvolio(m): 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
ichidodo:
You done win....happy now?.
hope u learn sumfin frm dat! and nt jst stare!
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Benvolio(m): 6:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
Larriekay:

abi nw! dey will soon claim dey can! #smh
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by ichidodo: 6:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
Benvolio:
Rubbish.. Lagos is no man's land and its non-indigenes especially igbos are an essential component to its economic prosperity

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by bayulll01(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
Kei144:
If you enter Lagos in a bus by 3-4 am, you see the beauty of Lagos. But when the day breaks and people pour onto the streets and roads, the beauty diminishes greatly. Overpopulation is the bane of Lagos. The Federal government should have made (or should make) effort to develop one major city in every geopolitical zone and catalyze the creation of employment opportunities in each major city, so that one city like Lagos will not continue to be overpopulated.

Unfortunately, in Nigeria, having multiple seaports and multiple international airports are viewed with tribal and political sentiments; yet, these are what made Lagos what it is today.
dont mind them dem prefare to be opening stadium that contributes nothing or less to the state,that huge some of money should have been used to build mini refineries of petrochemical plant,awon ode jatiti,i just pray nigeria divided make everbody answers hin papa name
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by leofab(f): 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2014
hardbody:

I am sorry but i do not think your response was deliberately directed at me. I do not see any relationship in my post and yours and where i even remotely referred to Fashola. I only sought to explain to the person i responded to why Satelite town has changed from what it used to be before she left.

Please for your information, i dont ever discuss politics and rarely governance. I hope i made myself clear.
yes you do. I love your gentleman's approach. Keep it up!!!! cool
hardbody:

I am sorry but i do not think your response was deliberately directed at me. I do not see any relationship in my post and yours and where i even remotely referred to Fashola. I only sought to explain to the person i responded to why Satelite town has changed from what it used to be before she left.

Please for your information, i dont ever discuss politics and rarely governance. I hope i made myself clear.
yes you do. I love your gentleman's approach. Keep it up!!!!
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Benvolio(m): 6:46pm On Nov 09, 2014
[quote author=ichidodo post=27865799][/quote]wu say dey dont? ?? as u ave said! dey contributed nt make! and remember we did u guys a favour of hosting you! dont be an ingrate!
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by ichidodo: 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2014
Benvolio:
Igbos are all over Lagos,they develop her and own her.As a matter of fact igbos are hosting yorobars in Lagos!
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Benvolio(m): 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
[quote author=ichidodo post=27866251][/quote]u dont seems to get it! wen did igbo pple started staying at Lagos? and Lagos has bin d best city since d colonial era! ....u making me laugh ooo bt u urself kwn dat u guys are sojourning here in d west! aitete mole ole mu oloko!
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by PAINGAIN: 7:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
oluwafemi113:
for your mind

Come to think off I obtain my first degree at City University London

city uni of london ke, why u come dey do like say u never ""travel and see""?
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Octaves(m): 7:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
Weep me a river. When your south east brothers were fighting for freedom. You guys were busy being treacherous saboteurs. Now you know Nigeria is a burden on oodudua. Una don dey wake up. Una good morning o.
oduastates:

Oil money ko , oil money ni.
This is the cannibalised version of Lagos .
40% of government earnings come from here ,so how is it oil money? Your oil money , most of which is stolen at source , and the rest only goes as far as exchanging naira for dollars in the SW. Even that is covered by reparations from odua states overseas citizens.
Nothing Lagos or London about these pictures.
These pics below feel more like it.
No fences ,less congested and unabused .
These scenes were replicated in all major towns and cities of odua States. Terraced buildings without fences lining well planned streets .

There was
1 Light
2 pipe borne water straight to your shower.
3good schools
4 health facilities
5 town planning and enforcement of building codes
6 proper law enforcement.
7 in some area , daily deliveries of fresh milk .
8 enforcement of trading laws

All provided by the western regional government.
We had this until a certain devious unitary decree.
My dad told me of the story of mothers smacking their children for eating canned and other processed food( which were considered unhealthy even then) .
back then , almost every house had someone who was close to 100 years old , whom you will see sitting outside the fenceless compound,counting down his /her days. Wonder why they die young nowadays .

Main points
1 you see working traffic lights
2 you see the law abiding bikers obeying traffic rules
3 Lagos was bike friendly ( licensed drivers)
4 electricity supplied by the electricity company of western nigeria ( soon to be stolen and converted to NEPA)
5 you ships sailing from the western Nigeria controlled apapa port .
Who can forget the first night of holiday , playing mid fight football on the street ,right in front of our house while popsie and his pals quash lager( those first holiday night were nights of freedom else you must be in bed by 8:30) .
It was that safe.

Nigeria is a liability for odua states , simply brings nothing but sorrow, tears and blood.

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by ChukwuCantDie: 8:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
The only thing unbelievable about Lagos is how rubbish it looks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Regret Coming To Canada / My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant / How To Have A Nice Vacation In Ghana?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.