Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London (79500 Views)

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / The Lagos You Will Not See On Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by hardbody: 8:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
leofab:
yes you do. I love your gentleman's approach. Keep it up!!!! coolyes you do. I love your gentleman's approach. Keep it up!!!!

Thanks for your understanding and my apologies if i sounded rather harsh and brutal. We can always shake hands.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ayoswit(f): 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
[quote
author=Ayoswit post=27855797] uyo is 27 yrs while lagos is as old as
Nigeria but uyo has already assume more than half d beauty of lagos

moreso interms of beauty, aesthetic & cleanliness uyo outwit lagos
[/quote]
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Goziejay: 9:47pm On Nov 09, 2014
Buffer:

My heart bleeds when I see people posting pictures of few structures built by stolen money that was supposed to provide BASIC infrastructures for them. A city that the educational system is in shambles, feeder road networks are horrible and very poor access to portable water.
We need to start holding government at all levels responsible for allocations
the feeder road is the worst in nigeria
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by EndtimeBlessing: 9:54pm On Nov 09, 2014
The only difference between Lagos and any world-class city is not absence of skyline but over burdened infrastructure.
London has only about 8 million residents, New york, Paris and all this other places with their land mass and hefty GDP has population that is way below that of Lagos.

The overpopulation in Lagos will never make Lagos work. The overpopulation will continue until Nigeria begin to work.

Right now Nigeria is not working but painfully and unbelievably very few people seems to know and strangely nothing is about to be done about it.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by enekentioba: 9:57pm On Nov 09, 2014
ibadanfinest:
brown roof is just an indication of early development. Why do I have to migrate to the east, I have been in owerri for 3 months now moving round the city and I hv not noticed one single production company. If I am to under-take any risk, it will be to travel to a place whose economy is bigger than mine. Most of the consumables that are sold here are transported from the west mostly ogun state. You guys are just retailers. An ibo guy thinks of moving down to lagos but a yoruba guy will definitely think of moving abroad. Risk-averse my foot, we use cocoa money to build the the first sky scrappers and the best and most beautiful university (Obafemi Awolowo university) see guys struggling for visa to go to advanced country while your people are struggling for transport fare to come to the south-west.
and I would love to see the number of industries in Osogbo. from ayetoro to old garage, to ajegunle, to ojo oba, to omo west to dada estate to igbono to cemetery.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by mzhorlah(f): 10:09pm On Nov 09, 2014
Show us the village part biko
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by a9nyc2020(m): 10:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
datguru:
Now, I'd like to see the believable pictures of lagos, any one ?
lol...we really need 2 si d believable 1s undecided
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 10, 2014
Nigerian development is ruining my eyes! I don't know what the leaders are waiting for to develop the nation like the west. Jeez! angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by powerblaze(m): 12:06am On Nov 10, 2014
phantom:
Lagos definitely has the best skyline in the country.

Lagos is beautiful from the sky but on getting close, the story changes...grin

Lol.. Fine from far, but far from fine
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by EmekaBlue(m): 2:29am On Nov 10, 2014
Fashola is good no doubt
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 4:06am On Nov 10, 2014
@OP lives in the skies. Try coming down to.terra ferma u Will see a different Lagos
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by sweettinz20(m): 4:40am On Nov 10, 2014
Jilo83:
see our oyel moni
na only south south dey produce oil ondo produces oil and before long lagos will 2
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by sweettinz20(m): 4:51am On Nov 10, 2014
Ikwerreboy:

You must be stupid. If you like dnt go back to the south east you igbo man. the yorubas will soon take u unaware.

And rememba one day lagos wil b in Oduduwa rep. and no longer Nigeria rep.
yea the odua people uprising
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by sweettinz20(m): 5:01am On Nov 10, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
You can call them if you like its a choice but when I said it is not far from the truth doesn't mean it is the truth but close to it, did you know that majority of the aboriginals are tenants in lagos and have no say cus they sold their birthrights
people say shit when they know nothing about a thing,it is like saying London is not owned by the english people because of the amount of different people living there make war come happen for 9ja go dey claim say lagos and abuja is no man land
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by sweettinz20(m): 5:07am On Nov 10, 2014
calaway:

There is no comparism. Uyo feeds Lagos. Lagos was developed with money from UYO.
UYO like the rest of the SS and SE have been ruined to build your castles

SHOW RESPECT!!!!!!
lol stupidity
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by akigbemaru: 5:20am On Nov 10, 2014
Beautiful pictures of lagos.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by abdulwastecx(m): 5:45am On Nov 10, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
When I talk of them being tenants did I mention Igbos? Can't they be tenants to a yoruba man from another state? Or hausa man or Igbo man even ijaw man, tiv man etc so where is the chest beating? I still insist on my comment, aboriginals that are at estimated two millions will all be rich and can afford to own properties? The ones you know are few out of majority and please when you want to argue with me act matured and stop using abusive words to address me. Thanks

The major problem with the so called igbos is the way they fabricate statistics from their asses to support any of such mansions ownership aguements.....Igbos owns Abuja, kano, port harcourt and lagos. My question is what is the pipulation of Igbos? silly tribalist.

Logas skyline is relatively underdeveloped compared cities in country with comparable population and needs. The lesser space you have and more the commercial level of a city the more you go up
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by abdulwastecx(m): 5:48am On Nov 10, 2014
enekentioba:
and I would love to see the number of industries in Osogbo. from ayetoro to old garage, to ajegunle, to ojo oba, to omo west to dada estate to igbono to cemetery.

I would love to see how many industries in Onitsha, awka, enugu etc. Over crowded trading centers where town planning is frown against. igbos talk as if they descend rrom the sky, the reality is they are one of the most primitive people on earth
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by abdulwastecx(m): 5:55am On Nov 10, 2014
EndtimeBlessing:
The only difference between Lagos and any world-class city is not absence of skyline but over burdened infrastructure.
London has only about 8 million residents, New york, Paris and all this other places with their land mass and hefty GDP has population that is way below that of Lagos.

The overpopulation in Lagos will never make Lagos work. The overpopulation will continue until Nigeria begin to work.

Right now Nigeria is not working but painfully and unbelievably very few people seems to know and strangely nothing is about to be done about it.

what are you talking about learner?
western European countries are relatively sparsely populated. My models are south east asian cities like Seoul, jakarta, Taipei, manila, bankong, Singapore etc these highly populated well planned cities with first class infrastructures. I just believe Africans need more of Asia model than deteriorating declining western world.

The population of lagos can be turn into great opportunity by wise and forward thinking people. lagos can provide a large market an workforce to support her industrial revolution. Lagos can generate alot of money by developing a better robust tax system.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by abdulwastecx(m): 5:57am On Nov 10, 2014
EndtimeBlessing:

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ucheosefoh(m): 6:10am On Nov 10, 2014
abdulwastecx:

The major problem with the so called igbos is the way they fabricate statistics from their asses to support any of such mansions ownership aguements.....Igbos owns Abuja, kano, port harcourt and lagos. My question is what is the pipulation of Igbos? silly tribalist.

Logas skyline is relatively underdeveloped compared cities in country with comparable population and needs. The lesser space you have and more the commercial level of a city the more you go up
I don't know for PH and Kano but but for lagos and Abuja especially Abuja na from former minister mouth the statistics came out from when he mention that Igbos own 70% of lands in Abuja and one tribalist northern politician making a comment about Igbos domination of Abuja and the nation's economy
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by abdulwastecx(m): 6:16am On Nov 10, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
I don't know for PH and Kano but but for lagos and Abuja especially Abuja na from former minister mouth the statistics came out from when he mention that Igbos own 70% of lands in Abuja and one tribalist northern politician making a comment about Igbos domination of Abuja and the nation's economy

I was in abuja when el Rufai made that statement that 70% of land in Abuja are owns by igbo when he was demolishing slum in abuja anr Igbos were shouting that he is attacking them.
'
70% of land in Abuja is not own by Igbos. ...no statistics to support such claim because Abuja has very diverse population of all the ethnic group and I doubt if igbos even make up 25% of her population
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ucheosefoh(m): 6:41am On Nov 10, 2014
abdulwastecx:

I was in abuja when el Rufai made that statement that 70% of land in Abuja are owns by igbo when he was demolishing slum in abuja anr Igbos were shouting that he is attacking them.
'
70% of land in Abuja is not own by Igbos. ...no statistics to support such claim because Abuja has very diverse population of all the ethnic group and I doubt if igbos even make up 25% of her population
Population have nothing to do with land ownership but the purchasing power of the people involved. In 2007, the Minister for FCT,Mallam Nasir el-Rufai
declared that 'Igbos have acquired about 73
percent of landed property in Abuja'.
He was addressing a gathering of South East
elected officials,he also revealed how the National
Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP,
Senator Ahmadu Ali abused him for demolishing
his house in Asokoro District in Abuja.On a lighter
mood, el-Rufai called on the Igbos to take Abuja as
the sixth state of the South East in view of their
dominance of the real estate sector of the FCT.
He pointed out that such dominance explains why
the Igbos appear to have been the worst victims of
the demolition exercise in the territory.For
instance, he said 68 percent of the land allocations
in the FCT belong to the 19 Northern states, but in
actual land ownership, 73 percent belong to the
Igbos with the most aggressive in land ownership
belonging to the indigenes of Anambra State, while
Ebonyi lags behind.
In Benue State, in 2010, when the Igbo community
resolved to boycott the popular Zaki Biam Yam
Market, the biggest in the nation, over
disagreements with the host community, the
market ran into serious challenges. In reaction to
this, Governor Gabriel Suswan said: 'Any state
government that ignores the Igbo does so at the
risk of its economy.
It is in this wise that I appointed a high-powered
official in my government from the Igbo community
to liaise between me and the community…; as we
develop further, the issue of where one hails from
will no longer be an issue because people from
other communities would contest and win elections
in communities where they reside and have made
contributions'.
m.thenigerianvoice.com/mobile/120190/1/the-igbos-have-more-at-stake-in-nigeria.html
tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/health-news/item/648-abuja-and-unending-demolition
www.nairaland.com/54751/el-rufai-igbos-own-73-abuja
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Jilo83(m): 7:16am On Nov 10, 2014
bayulll01:
God punnish u and ur entire generation dint u know lagos is made even before your stupid country was amalgamated,oloshi go and read lagos and its environ that is if u can read at all,or better still ask your pathetic leaders why cant they use same oil money to built u useless state omo alee
i reject it in Jesus name. Ki 'bi o pada sori onibi, k'epe o pada sori elepe. Arigisegi to ba di eru ori ara re ni o fi ru u. I don't need 2 introduce myself again. I got d statement 'our oil money' frm niger deltans as if anytin gud in naija come frm oil. Some of them don't believe dat we av oil in sw.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by bayulll01(m): 7:35am On Nov 10, 2014
Jilo83:
i reject it in Jesus name. Ki 'bi o pada sori onibi, k'epe o pada sori elepe. Arigisegi to ba di eru ori ara re ni o fi ru u. I don't need 2 introduce myself again. I got d statement 'our oil money' frm niger deltans as if anytin gud in naija come frm oil. Some of them don't believe dat we av oil in sw.
oh novex i tot is awon omo irankiran ni jawe,peele the curse is lifted,sw till nigeria divides
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Jilo83(m): 7:43am On Nov 10, 2014
bayulll01:
oh novex i tot is awon omo irankiran ni jawe,peele the curse is lifted,sw till nigeria divides
proudly omo odua
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 10, 2014
oluwafemi113:
Lagos is truly a beautiful city to live in and this amazing photos of Lagos will surely wow you and make you believe that Lagos compares to cities like London and New York. Enjoy the photos:

Lagos is working

http://kokofeed.com/2014/10/30/10-unbelievable-photos-of-lagos-you-will-mistake-for-london/

Photo 1 is Airtel Head Office, Plot L2 Banana Island, Ikoyi. Beautiful environs, least happy staff. Smh

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by leofab(f): 9:55am On Nov 10, 2014
hardbody:

Thanks for your understanding and my apologies if i sounded rather harsh and brutal. We can always shake hands.
shake hand? No, I rather prefer a hug or a peck!!!!!!

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by hardbody: 10:15am On Nov 10, 2014
leofab:
shake hand? No, I rather prefer a hug or a peck!!!!!!

You will get both and more....for being a lady. I am impressed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by samento: 10:55am On Nov 10, 2014
Jilo83:
see our oyel moni
From where to where.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by jeje123(m): 12:22pm On Nov 10, 2014
Lagosian is enjoying discipline governor and regular tax payers money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Regret Coming To Canada / My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant / How To Have A Nice Vacation In Ghana?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.