Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,166 members, 7,838,990 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Is JESUS Really The Decendant Of King DAVID. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is JESUS Really The Decendant Of King DAVID. (3531 Views)

That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. / Is Jesus Really God? / One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is JESUS Really The Decendant Of King DAVID. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 11, 2014
johnydon22:

we talking bloodline not adoption... whether you say it or not... jesus was not Joseph's son even christians call joseph "his guardian"

Jesus got his humanity(flesh and blood) from mary who was also descended from david.
Re: Is JESUS Really The Decendant Of King DAVID. by ayoku777(m): 1:08pm On Nov 11, 2014
johnydon22:

their is no way jesus was from the bloodline of david cus joseph didnt impregnate mary... no amount of twisting and quoting can change it

johnydon22:

we talking bloodline not adoption... whether you say it or not... jesus was not Joseph's son even christians call joseph "his guardian"

Please always learn to back up you opinion with scripture, that is what gives your point validity.

Scripture never called Jesus the son of Joseph.

Luke 3v23 -And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (AS WAS SUPPOSED) the son of Joseph.

Jesus was neither referred to as the son of David according to blood -but according to the flesh.

Romans 1v3 -Concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David ACCORDING TO THE FLESH.

How was Jesus the seed of David according to the flesh when He was born of a virgin birth by Mary? Because Mary was one flesh with Joseph.

Mark 10:7-8 -For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; AND THEY TWAIN SHALL BE ONE FLESH: so then they are no more twain, BUT ONE FLESH.

By marriage Mary became one flesh with Joesph, and hence a daughter of David according to the flesh as much as Joseph was a son of David according to the flesh.

So whatever Mary brought forth is a seed of David according to the flesh too.

Is this scriptural analysis so difficult to understand? Its so simple and straight forward. Unless ofcourse you don't believe the words of Christ that when a man and a woman become husband and wife; they become on flesh in the eyes of God.

Please no bible passage said "bloodline", you imported that vocabularily to suit your argument, bible used "Flesh". A man and a woman become one flesh through marriage, not necessarily one blood. Always learn to say what the bible said, not make it say what you want it to say. Don't doctor the word or go beyond what is written.

Jesus is not the seed of Joseph (and no one said He is) but He is the seed of David according to the flesh, because He is one flesh (and blood) with Mary who is ONE FLESH with Joseph (of the house of David). That is balanced scriptural truth and analysis.

1 Like

Re: Is JESUS Really The Decendant Of King DAVID. by johnydon22(m): 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
LordReed:

Did I say Jesus was Joseph's biological son? Maybe you should digest my last post again.

i dont know where you are getting all this poo from... unless mary is from the bloodline of david, if she is not then their is no way jesus is from the line of david... unless someone made all this story up to potray their idea of the messiah. no wonder the jews dont believe... grin grin
Re: Is JESUS Really The Decendant Of King DAVID. by HFOG(f): 10:05pm On Nov 11, 2014
ayoku777 and LordReed pls be wary of these arguements. The add nothing to godliness. We're not ignorant of the enemy's devices. Be discerning before responding please. Truth is not every post needs an answer. The sincere heart will find God. He'll do it just the way He helped us find him. I grief over many who've left their first love over talks like these. Many a silent prayer would do what countless words can't. The good Lord bless and keep us.

2 Likes

Re: Is JESUS Really The Decendant Of King DAVID. by johnydon22(m): 10:58pm On Nov 11, 2014
LordReed:

Did I say Jesus was Joseph's biological son? Maybe you should digest my last post again.

then simple Jesus was not from the line of david... why argue over it when its plainly clear staring us in the face but no you would rather defend a lie and call it true because you were taught that it is true..
Re: Is JESUS Really The Decendant Of King DAVID. by LordReed(m): 11:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
HFOG:
ayoku777 and LordReed pls be wary of these arguements. The add nothing to godliness. We're not ignorant of the enemy's devices. Be discerning before responding please. Truth is not every post needs an answer. The sincere heart will find God. He'll do it just the way He helped us find him. I grief over many who've left their first love over talks like these. Many a silent prayer would do what countless words can't. The good Lord bless and keep us.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Is JESUS Really The Decendant Of King DAVID. by timmy2409(m): 7:41am On Nov 12, 2014
ayoku777:

By marriage Mary became one flesh with Joesph, and hence a daughter of David according to the flesh as much as Joseph was a son of David according to the flesh.

So whatever Mary brought forth is a seed of David according to the flesh too.

Is this scriptural analysis so difficult to understand? Its so simple and straight forward. Unless ofcourse you don't believe the words of Christ that when a man and a woman become husband and wife; they become on flesh in the eyes of God.

Jesus is not the seed of Joseph (and no one said He is) but He is the seed of David according to the flesh, because He is one flesh (and blood) with Mary who is ONE FLESH with Joseph (of the house of David). That is balanced scriptural truth and analysis.

So in the event of a divorce, which I assume would signify an absolution of this one-flesh connection in God's eyes, would Jesus would no longer be considered of the flesh of David?

If yes, how is it that all-wise God chose to justify his connection to the line of David through such a flimsy, non-permanent Jewish marriage tradition?
Re: Is JESUS Really The Decendant Of King DAVID. by ayoku777(m): 11:09am On Nov 12, 2014
timmy2409:

So in the event of a divorce, which I assume would signify an absolution of this one-flesh connection in God's eyes, would Jesus would no longer be considered of the flesh of David?

If yes, how is it that all-wise God chose to justify his connection to the line of David through such a flimsy, non-permanent Jewish marriage tradition?

Don't judge God by your own human idealism. It only makes you wise in your own eyes, and that is self-delusion.

You said "in the event of a divorce". Point is, was there a divorce? There was none. God was wise enough to choose faithful and just Joseph (matthew 1v19) and chaste and God-fearing Mary for the job.

And even if they divorced after, how does that affect Jesus being a seed of David according to the flesh? Does the divorce change the reality of how and in what state he was born?

Let me help you rationalize it. If Adam and Eve had had a child in their state of innocence, would their fall had changed their son's state of birth if he didn't eat the fruit with them?

Human idealism is not intelligent enough to judge the wisdom of God, it only self-deludes.

Don't know why i keep replying sef. I just have this "bad" habit of not giving up hope on someone seeing reason. Bye.
Re: Is JESUS Really The Decendant Of King DAVID. by marvelito: 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
marvelito:
are u a theologian? Well ur answer are logical though.
i have done research. if u study very well mary and joseph are both from bethlehem. from the clan of king david

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Beware Of This Drink(pictures) / Theme Song. RCCG 2017 Holy Ghost Congress. / Deeper Life 160,000 Capacity Intl Centre; The Church Gives Updates - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.