Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? (18685 Views)

CNN Refers To Nigeria As A North African Country / Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country / Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
US Presidents will always tell you Isreal is their best Middle-East friend, South Korea is their best among the Koreas and United Kingdom is their overall best ally. This is why UK will always support US in almost everything. In the case of Nigeria, I think our best African friend should be either South-Africa or Ghana. S/A are fond of killing and deporting Nigerians so they can't be our ally. Ghana on the otherhand are always fighting with Nigeria on Social media. So my question for all Nairalanders is to educate me on the country you feel is our best friend in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by mooremedia: 1:57pm On Nov 09, 2014
SB
Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by wiringdpt(m): 2:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
None

2 Likes

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by folik121: 2:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
Benin republic

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
Liberia. I am being very honest and factual.

But as GeJ would have it, CHAD is now be coming our best friend. All thanks to Ali.Modu.Sherif

1 Like

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by Ibyno(m): 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
Cotonou, u done ever hear say them deport us from that country before ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by MduZA: 2:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
Marsatto:
US Presidents will always tell you Isreal is their best Middle-East friend, South Korea is their best among the Koreas and United Kingdom is their overall best ally. This is why UK will always support US in almost everything. In the case of Nigeria, I think our best African friend should be either South-Africa or Ghana. S/A are fond of killing and deporting Nigerians so they can't be our ally. Ghana on the otherhand are always fighting with Nigeria on Social media. So my question for all Nairalanders is to educate me on the country you feel is our best friend in Africa.

south Africa is not killing Nigerians,please stop that fallacy...

2 Likes

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by iamord(m): 2:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
MduZA:

I keep saying it that a lot of them Don't know a think. But. Just Come up with rubbish claims.. Everybody hates us.. Everybody wants. To kill us.. Everybody wants to deport us..why only you

8 Likes

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by JiggamanGh: 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
I believe Ghana is nigeria's closest friend. Apart from our unhealthy rivalry, we do everything together. Most Ghanain Nigerian fights happens online

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by persius555(m): 4:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
Lingua wise, our best anglophoe friends should be kenya, we share a lot and can learn a lot from them. ICT sector is booming just like ours, banking sector too. Entertainment wise, kenyans love our movies, speaking of religion, they also have fanatics/extremists like we do. One area we differ is the tourism sector and fight against corruption and wastage. Our best francophoe friends should be ivory coast, the people share a lot of similarities with southern nigeria. Its a pity both countries are thosands of miles away form us, we would have made good friends.

4 Likes

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by mensdept: 4:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
Nigeria's best friend is and will forever be Queen Eliza and England. They tell her what to do, ho to do it, and who to marginalize. The remaining African countries in Sub-Saharan Africa are just playing to that gallery.

3 Likes

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by decasey(m): 4:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
persius555:
Lingua wise, our best anglophoe friends should be kenya, we share a lot and can learn a lot from them. ICT sector is booming just like ours, banking sector too. Entertainment wise, kenyans love our movies, speaking of religion, they also have fanatics/extremists like we do. One area we differ is the tourism sector and fight against corruption and wastage. Our best francophoe friends should be ivory coast, the people share a lot of similarities with southern nigeria. Its a pity both countries are thosands of miles away form us, we would have made good friends.
dat of ivory coast' I agree with u!.
Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by Kasyn(m): 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
JiggamanGh:
I believe Ghana is nigeria's closest friend. Apart from our unhealthy rivalry, we do everything together. Most Ghanain Nigerian fights happens online
u spoke well today,is ur birthday? Lol! Hapi sunday to u
Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by iamord(m): 4:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
persius555:

The two you mentioned don't fit in

For the anglophone-ghana
For the francophone-cameroon on benin rep
Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by Tranquill: 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
MduZA:

The youths that killed Lucky Dube confessed in the court that they thought he was Nigerian, the reason for the attack. Can u explain pls?

8 Likes

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by Horus(m): 5:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
No friends
Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by akoaki(m): 5:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
Chad !!!
Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by MduZA: 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
Tranquill:

The youths that killed Lucky Dube confessed in the court that they thought he was Nigerian, the reason for the attack. Can u explain pls?

were those youth south Africans?
Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by Tranquill: 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
MduZA:

were those youth south Africans?

Ofcourse they are South Africans 3 of them.

1 Like

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by DBlackCeazer(m): 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
Kasyn:
u spoke well today,is ur birthday? Lol! Hapi sunday to u
LOL.
Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by MduZA: 6:55pm On Nov 09, 2014
Tranquill:

Ofcourse they are South Africans 3 of them.

mate ,you live in a country wherein lies and propaganda is the order of the day....do u think any matured young Nigerian can mistaken Mr ibu to a south African?....you are ill informed ,I don't blame you...lies is everywhere in Nigeria,from the parliament to a spaza shop....the three convicted suspects for lucky dube death are not south Africans.
.two Mozambicans and one Zimbabwean...

Nigerians obsession for SA is boring

6 Likes

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by overhypedsteve(m): 7:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ibyno:
Cotonou, u done ever hear say them deport us from that country before ?
the case of cotonou is more of a symbiotic relationship. Cotonou enjoys trade from Nigeria and unlike any other African city is famous among nigerians. When i was young i actually thought cotonou was inside Nigeria the way people keep going there. The republic of Benin is like those cattle eagrets that eat the insects in the cows body and also help the cow to stay clean. I think i made sense? Can somebody pls help me to confirm if i made sense? Cus i ain't feeling ok right now( got headache)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by Tranquill: 7:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
MduZA:

mate ,you live in a country wherein lies and propaganda is the order of the day....do u think any matured young Nigerian can mistaken Mr ibu to a south African?....you are ill informed ,I don't blame you...lies is everywhere in Nigeria,from the parliament to a spaza shop....the three convicted suspects for lucky dube death are not south Africans.
.two Mozambicans and one Zimbabwean...

Nigerians obsession for SA is boring

Hey take it easy didnt expect this tone u r using.

Its not about what we hear in Nigeria. I did not even reside in Nigeria at the time. With the internet one gets news from any where with just a click. Using Mr Ibu as example doesnt make sense at all. Can you show me a link that confirms the nationalities u attribute to these men? its only then I can believe you are not just trying to turn the truth on its head.

4 Likes

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by THUNDER4real(m): 8:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
Which African country is Nigerians best enemy?
Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by Articul8(m): 8:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
Its Benin Republic. The rivalry btw Nig. And SA is immeasurable. Ghana is also flexing muscle.Always in competition with Nig. Benin Republic stands and stay as our best frnd so far.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by Articul8(m): 8:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
THUNDER4real:
South Africa ni ooo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by ChimaAdeoye: 8:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
THUNDER4real:

SOUTH AFRICA!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by oilykid(m): 8:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
Northern Nigeria-chad and Niger

Eastern Nigeria- Cameroon and Ghana

Western Nigeria-Togo n Benin republic

2 Likes

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by iamord(m): 9:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
oilykid:
Northern Nigeria-chad and Niger

Western Nigeria-Togo n Benin republic

Interesting!!!

1 Like

Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by daryoor(m): 9:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
when a country is lacking and needs you, u are a friend, but when a country feels you aint superior then you a rival.

south africa seizes gej"s money because we rivals dem no born benin and Liberia to do the same.
Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by oilykid(m): 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
iamord:

Interesting!!!
is anything wrong with that undecided
Re: Which African Country Is Nigeria's Best Friend? by IGBOSON1: 9:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
I'd say it's Benin Republic, followed by Kenya!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘impeached’ Ondo State Deputy Governor Says He Is Still In Office / Benue Killings: If FG Can’t Protect Us, We Will Raise An Army - Unongo / Plot To Remove Saraki With Police, DSS - PDP Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.