Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria (49766 Views)

Parties Spend N4.9bn On Political Adverts / 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria / 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by ElekeNtioba: 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2014
omenka:
Still finding it hard to believe. They could easily rake in a couple of millions of dollars from the ads. Why were they turned down??

Its pple like ur boss Buhari dat spoil market for d rest. U think they will accept d lies and perfidy of a known human-rights abuser and sectarian propagandist on their platform?? U honestly believe their international audience is as gullible as ur converts here on Nairaland??

Keep wondering.
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by dozieinspired: 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2014
i am so sorry for this my country sef. African China our country don enter well
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
kennygee:
Even CNN is on a Revolution.

Babe I've missed you big time
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by kendrick93(m): 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
who else but apc who could indulge in dis rubbish... thankgod cnn told them to shove it down there azz.. apc is a shameless party
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by kendrick93(m): 2:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
fiftynaira:
I swear if na for USA or other respectable country...this goodluck declartion no go
Take place .
and why won't he? when d lyks of buhari who endorses boko haram has declared then why can't jona declare?
GEJ till 2019

2 Likes

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by ooshinibos: 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2014
mikeson12:
CNN did a good job by rejecting Tinubu and his cohorts.GEJ's image been projected on the media by Ifeanyi Uba's tan must have been giving them headache.

GEJ till 2019
LackofsecuritybyGEJ2019 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by olamibobo(m): 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
People just comment without reading the news thru d link.
Anyway, It is a general rule on CNN not to advertise or play any jingle campaigning for votes. No country excluded.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by rayX01: 3:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
Cheap MTN data!!!

Buy 1gb mtn data @ N 1200

We buy bulk from Mtn and resell at smaller quantities.

Call or Whatsapp Now on :

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by soroibeNwaigwe: 3:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
Thumbs up CNN!!!

1 Like

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by ttmacoy: 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2014
True but I can't think of a country which values it's citizens who will be paying for election adverts in foreign media. Really? With all the issues facing nigerians

Okijajuju1:
Note:: This means absolutely nothing Special as CNN wouldnt do same for any other country.

They try to stay neutral in everything that they do.

1 Like

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by davidigomanel: 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2014
Tnx to can actions. To corrupt leaders of 9ja.
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by ojialo(m): 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2014
Ipledge:
So you want CNN to just finish breaking Mubi Captured by Boko haram,and 2nd minute slot in that stupid TAN campaign(comparing a drunkard whose citizen are being killed everyday with Martin Luther king,Mandela,and Obama)

Money is not everything,integrity matter most
did the poster said the advert is from TAN?

1 Like

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Louislewis: 3:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
Sometimes it bits my mind when I read or hear how some people talk about Jonathan. Every blame is on Jonathan. 98% of problems we have in this country today are being contributed by our pasted leaders. Boko Haram is existing today is never the making of Jonathan. That we voted for Jonathan was never a mistake. That Nigeria has a very bad image today never started today, but a build-up of bad leadership we had, including those still leaving, singing bad song against the present government. They all contributed to whatever Nigeria is today.
What am I trying to say? Jonathan could not win the war against Boko Haram today is a very simple reason. Have any of you ever visited any Army Barack? If so, what was your observation? Answer- Total domination of military by the Hausa. Both as officers and combatant is total domination by the Hausas. What kind of respect and loyalty do you expect when an order especially from somebody who is perceived to be an outsider is given to a someone to go and fight or kill his brothers? The Born to Rule attitude of the Northern is one of the causes of upraising of the Boko Haram, which most of the northern leaders and politicians are using to discredit this government by sponsoring the group to give this government a bad name. From the early stage of this government, they have made it clear, that, they (northern) are going to make Nigeria ungovernable. This, they have succeeded in doing that. Instead of total condemnation from everybody and say it the way it is, we are calling Jonathan. Because of some people's personal political ambition and greed, they are cross carpeting like prostitute flirting with all men just because of money. Truth has disappeared from their mouth. It is somehow painful, seeing most of my southern people, badly criticizing this
government knowing fully well the game plan played by the northern to make the government ungovernable. Why not say the truth or you keep your mouth shut. The northern ruled this nation for over 40 years out of our 52years of independent with the north totally backward that brought about the menace (Boko Haram) we are having today. The question is, how many northern have even appeared to criticise any of our leaders from the north while in office, irrespective of total negligence from their leaders. It is totally annoying seeing our political leaders from south romancing politics with them because of personal greed. You are in APC or PDP, your name can never change or neither is it going to change your attitude. Once a failure in one party will remain a failure in another party. Party name can never change you. All your contribution is geared towards greed or ending up letting the northern achieve their aim. Let everybody from the south support Yoruba or Igbo that comes out from south irrespective of party or better still support Jonathan. I know the war from Boko Haram will never cease if our next election produces a southern as president, be him Jonathan or somebody else, one day Boko Haram will wake up to see that, they don't have brothers to kill again.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by watchindelta(m): 3:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
yeye dey smaile shocked shocked shocked nigeria politicials will never spend money for good things. na sin? i no blame then chai, becus without juju u can,t play politice for nigerian. no go thing will ever come out from juju b4. undecided undecided nigerian politcians need to embrace God becus juju n politic can,t go along no way shocked shocked shocked
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by soloafe: 3:16pm On Nov 11, 2014
ttmacoy:
Why can't this money be invested in Nigeria 's media instead of CNN.

Waste of money which can be used to improve the health and education sectors.

http://www.thecable.ng/2015-cnn-rejects-political-adverts-nigeria

But an official of CNN told TheCable that it was
a general rule not to accept certain
advertisements and there was no
discrimination against Nigerian politicians.

1 Like

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by csbrown(m): 3:17pm On Nov 11, 2014
Wetin concern us, if they like make dem gree, if they no like kwan make dem fashy, wetin concern me......
Abeg new topic jare
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by steve308(m): 3:23pm On Nov 11, 2014
what a shame, where death and corruption..... is now a normal thing what else is left for us the youth?

1 Like

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 3:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
ttmacoy:
True but I can't think of a country which values it's citizens who will be paying for election adverts in foreign media. Really? With all the issues facing nigerians

There will ALWAYS be issues facing a country.. ALWAYS!

Election adverts are not anybodys business to control.. If I like the President and the PDP soo much, I can go pay BBC to publish an Ad on their station for PDP. I dont even need the PDP's permission nor that of the President to act.

You seem to think these ad's are sanctioned by the President or that the monies for them are coming from the President or even the government and the truth is that they are not. Infact, the President wouldnt even dare try it as it would be grounds for him to be arrested in the future. Using 'Public funds' for partisan or personal matters is a crime.

I am only explaining this to you so you understand that this has nothing to do with public funds. The entire election (well most of it) would be funded by Interest groups and the Political parties.. Thats why as part of the proposed election reforms, they wanted to put a limit on Campaign funding.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
This is serious.
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Ambygold999(m): 3:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
In my opinion, for the interest if the Nigeria' feeble democracy, political advert should be greatly reduced while political debate enthroned to save us from mediocre politician who rely greatly
on political jamborees.
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by GoodcasHMan: 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2014
BUT WHY?
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2014
olamibobo:
People just comment without reading the news thru d link.
Anyway, It is a general rule on CNN not to advertise or play any jingle campaigning for votes. No country excluded.

So you mean pdp didn't know.it's a rule not to advertise on CNN?

OMG what a daft party

3 Likes

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Mosb(m): 3:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
A blessed country like Nigeria... Yet those at the top go around spoiling d face of Nigerians
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by UjSizzle(f): 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2014
Will Nigerians in diaspora be allowed to vote too?
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Esperooke(m): 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2014
thinkdip:

No, not a reasonable reason but a considerable reason for him to be re-elected, GEJ by nature is a calm fellow, so don't expect presidency to make him hard hearted, rigid, wicked and callous, no. Do you want to tell me he's not doing anything in this alarming and dangerous era? We can only say that if we don't look indeep to our argument

Sentiment has been the bane of our society. To a rational mind, Presidency should not be based on gentility or calmness (they r likely to be d bane) but rather his ability to deliver on things he swore to (such as security and general well being), remember that challenges r part of life, so his unfounded excuse over his opponents are untenable. Why is he the chief commander with d custody of all the security apparatus? Have you asked yourself, if he is unable to solve security problem now, how are we sure he will be able to do it in the next 4 years? Life is more precious to be staked for a man's ambition. Mind you am not a party loyalist but i support personalities especially those that have what it takes.
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by ocheu(f): 3:37pm On Nov 11, 2014
diresimdi:
Hmmmmm! You guys are funny! Keep bombing innocent children in expectation that important events will be postponed... Idiots!
how are they funny and what important events are you talking about? Who are the guys bombing innocent children. U must be a heartless fellow.
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by firstolalekan(m): 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2014
diresimdi:
Hmmmmm! You guys are funny! Keep bombing innocent children in expectation that important events will be postponed... Idiots!
Fucktàrd
God will punish all of you.

1 Like

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by ocheu(f): 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2014
Okijajuju1:

No its not.

Infact!!!! I can personally count off the top 10 Mega wealthy Nigerians who would pay that campaign bill for Jonathan.

Campaign funding is not from the Government coffers but from Campaign contributors, Contractors and co. Remember how the President raised over 100 Million naira to pick a presidential ticket of 22 million?! grin
hmmmmmmm
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by adedayourt(m): 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
ttmacoy:
I tell you.

Over 40 students died yesterday and focus is all on elections. No compassion or value for human life.

Dats to show how (I dey avoid ban) your soul called leaders/politicians are.

Ona personal note I DON'T believe any of dem has anytin to offer, its jus a case of atall-atall one of the thievves must rule.
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by eleko1: 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2014
If u call him clueless now his deranged dog Okupe and co saTANISTS will threatened U with arrest.Bunch of THIEVES
alexis007:
GEJ and his administration is a huge joke....his cluelessness would have been a nice form of entertainment if lives and blood aren't being wasted on a daily basis...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ganduje Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles - Official / #EndSARS: Omoyele Sowore To Lead Protest In Abuja On November 18th / President Buhari Officially Unveils The New NNPC Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.