Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria (49734 Views)

Parties Spend N4.9bn On Political Adverts / 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria / 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by AdesinaOlajide(m): 3:45pm On Nov 11, 2014
It's so hard to believe that Pres.Jonathan is still declaring barely 24hrs after the death of about 40 plus children.Where are we headed? Pls vote for change next year people. Sai Buhari!
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Seanixking: 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
alexis007:
GEJ and his administration is a huge joke....his cluelessness would have been a nice form of entertainment if lives and blood aren't being wasted on a daily basis...
What do you expect a sheep to do wen it surrounded by wolfz? You think jonathan is clueless? I guess you dont really understand that word...if only you held a post in your varsity or in social club, then you will understand that our president is surrounded by people who wanna make sure that his administration is a failure...
#GEJ come 2015.......All you scumbagz can go dine with the devil.....God bless Nigeria, God Bless GEJ..
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by thinkdip(m): 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
AdesinaOlajide:
It's so hard to believe that Pres.Jonathan is still declaring barely 24hrs after the death of about 40 plus children.Where are we headed? Pls vote for change next year people. Sai Buhari!
Not Aboki I said ABOkii, he is a Morla
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by thaoriginator: 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
iceberylin:
[size=20pt] jāђ oŋę ţђįŋg į bę yoų....şāvę ųş ƒŗom ţђęşę polįţįçįāŋş āŋd gįvę ųş lęādęŗş embarassed [/size]
dis ur writing baad gan o! Did you school in russia?

2 Likes

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by ocheu(f): 3:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
kendrick93:
who else but apc who could indulge in dis rubbish... thankgod cnn told them to shove it down there azz.. apc is a shameless party
both apc and pdp, not just apc
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
Why wouldn't they?!

Nonsense.
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Seanixking: 3:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
AdesinaOlajide:
As if the so call Buhari is better...All this APC Hoboz wont cease to amaze me...So you expected the president to roll on the floor and bath himslf with ashes because you f**ktard,wasted sperm schizophrenic northenerz are hell bend in causin choas? Go tell your Buhari to solve his problem wif the BH Boys He sponsored cos come 2015 GEJ rocks.....God bless South south, God bless GEJ, God bless nigeria...
#GEJ 2015
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by fasbat(m): 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2014
ttmacoy:
I tell you.

Over 40 students died yesterday and focus is all on elections. No compassion or value for human life.
do u remember what Senator Mccain said about Nig's govt? "non-existent govt!" so, d compassion must flow from top down to bottom. When VP Sambo lost his brother in car crash, didn't d Federal Executive council meeting cancelled? Ds govt knows his priorities well and its d way govt is set-up here. Despite my misgivings about d attire OBJ wore to Lagos during d April 2002 blast in Ikeja Barracks ,OBJ came to visit d scene but what has GEJ done? He can't go beyond Abuja infact GEJ held 1 independent day celebrations in Aso Villa, d man no wan die!!!!
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 11, 2014
Indeed,ther wz a country!
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by ochallo: 4:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
This singular act just made me realise the developed corporations are just not like ours. CNN is presently going through layoffs and rebranding now and would be able to use that money but instead they stood by their principles and sent our politicians packing.

1 Like

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Akinsz: 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
marieolae:
I weep for nigeria.
never weep for nigeria, weep for yourself for being a nigerian.
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by micolaj: 4:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
Louislewis:
Sometimes it bits my mind when I read or hear how some people talk about Jonathan. Every blame is on Jonathan. 98% of problems we have in this country today are being contributed by our pasted PAST leaders. Boko Haram is existing today is never the making of Jonathan. That we voted for Jonathan was never a mistake. That Nigeria has a very bad image today never started today, but a build-up of bad leadership we had, including those still leaving, singing bad song against the present government. They all contributed to whatever Nigeria is today.
What am I trying to say? Jonathan could not win the war against Boko Haram today is a very simple reason. Have any of you ever visited any Army Barack? If so, what was your observation? Answer- Total domination of military by the Hausa. Both as officers and combatant is total domination by the Hausas. What kind of respect and loyalty do you expect when an order especially from somebody who is perceived to be an outsider is given to a someone to go and fight or kill his brothers? The Born to Rule attitude of the Northern is one of the causes of upraising of the Boko Haram, which most of the northern leaders and politicians are using to discredit this government by sponsoring the group to give this government a bad name. From the early stage of this government, they have made it clear, that, they (northern) are going to make Nigeria ungovernable. This, they have succeeded in doing that. Instead of total condemnation from everybody and say it the way it is, we are calling Jonathan. Because of some people's personal political ambition and greed, they are cross carpeting like prostitute flirting with all men just because of money. Truth has disappeared from their mouth. It is somehow painful, seeing most of my southern people, badly criticizing this
government knowing fully well the game plan played by the northern to make the government ungovernable. Why not say the truth or you keep your mouth shut. The northern ruled this nation for over 40 years out of our 52years of independent with the north totally backward that brought about the menace (Boko Haram) we are having today. The question is, how many northern have even appeared to criticise any of our leaders from the north while in office, irrespective of total negligence from their leaders. It is totally annoying seeing our political leaders from south romancing politics with them because of personal greed. You are in APC or PDP, your name can never change or neither is it going to change your attitude. Once a failure in one party will remain a failure in another party. Party name can never change you. All your contribution is geared towards greed or ending up letting the northern achieve their aim. Let everybody from the south support Yoruba or Igbo that comes out from south irrespective of party or better still support Jonathan. I know the war from Boko Haram will never cease if our next election produces a southern as president, be him Jonathan or somebody else, one day Boko Haram will wake up to see that, they don't have brothers to kill again.
your assertion is partially faulty. People are dying everyday? right who are those people? People like ME and YOU, BLOOD is flowing in their vein and not GASOLINE Since Mr. President love us, then he should resign to allow the dust to settle or better still shun 2015. Doing that does not mean he is a COWARD. Boko haram apart,his CORRUPTION -friendly reign alone is enough reason for him to do so. I gave him my utmost support in 2011 cos he sounded promising, being PHD holder coupled with CALM disposition unlike those OLD PAPAS,yet he produced the WORSE result. why should he re-run? or has he forgotten his promise of 2011? JONATHAN HAS NO REASON FOR HIS FAILURE. He should RESIGN from that office or ARREST THE SITUATION. The blood of the common man will SURELY CRY FOR REVENGE.replace PASTED with PAST.
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Charchy07(m): 4:42pm On Nov 11, 2014
marieolae:
I weep for nigeria.
Ehyah!! video of you weeping for Nigeria,or i don't believe it. grin
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Reference(m): 4:45pm On Nov 11, 2014
OP. With due respect to your credibility I have never watched a political advert on CNN International since I started watching it in 1989. Not even of American politicians and either party.
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
mikeson12:
CNN did a good job by rejecting Tinubu and his cohorts.GEJ's image been projected on the media by Ifeanyi Uba's tan must have been giving them headache.

GEJ till 2019
Sooooo....APC that doesn't yet have a candidate is the one that got rejected, but PDP that has one--- and we know has been advertising GEJ on buses in London and the such--- wasn't the party being talked about in the article?
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by scarred9jan(m): 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2014
Thes TAN fools think everyone can be bribe. Dear Taniods, incase you you have found out (which shows how dumb you guys are) major forign press aint gullible.

1 Like

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by cirmuell(m): 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2014
Nobleval:
yea.

Unfortunately our votes doesn't count sad

they already know the "winner"
We can actually make our votes count. But partisanship, stomach infrastructure politics, sentiment, tribal & religion bigotry as blinded the electorates so much they can't tell good from bad anymore...some don't even realize that their 'mini-gods' don't give a hoot about them. But as long as the pay-most times; peanuts-continues to flow, everything seems alright to them. Some don't even get paid, like most of their minions here(some will never be heard of anyway undecided), but claiming to belong to party A or B gives them the feeling that they belong too, like the sensation of heroin running through the veins of junkies. Always quick to go at each other's jugular. It a sour sight sad the worst form of politics is practiced in Nigeriaundecided
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by kskpoundz(m): 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
thinkdip:
Good, its to tell them to face their country and develop it to standard
*edited*
FTC? I hate that hype and some people will start dancing, jumping and singing just for this space.
Anyway it makes no difference at all, am used to been at the top.
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 11, 2014
Highly elated, best news of the morning.
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by bestower: 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2014
I h.ate nigerians but i love nigeria.
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 11, 2014
ttmacoy:
I tell you.
Who killed the students, was it not an elderly suicide bomber from the north? The man has lost his value for life, that's why he went down low as to taking the lives of his future leaders. Its witchcraft, to kill your tomorrow for whatsoever reason. Yet, they'll be crying foul when they see other tribes or region succeeding. Repent! Who sent him is suppose to be your question. All this are plan to stop GEJ by some miscreants. Mind you he sent his condolence to them same yesterday. Well, he has declared his intentions to run. Advice your people.

Over 40 students died yesterday and focus is all on elections. No compassion or value for human life.
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 11, 2014
ttmacoy:
I tell you.

Who killed the students, was it not an elderly suicide bomber from the north? The man has lost his value for life, that's why he went down low as to taking the lives of his future leaders. Its witchcraft, to kill your tomorrow for whatsoever reason. Yet, they'll be crying foul when they see other tribes or region succeeding. Repent! Who sent him is suppose to be your question. All this are plan to stop GEJ by some miscreants. Mind you he sent his condolence to them same yesterday. Well, he has declared his intentions to run. Advice your people.
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Charchy07(m): 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
Nigerians are the problem,not Nigeria,this country can only get better, if we start correcting our mistakes,accept the fact that we all are not making the necessary moves to improve this country,i know that if Nigerians works as one doing the right things,we would probably be one of the best nations in the world within a very short time,because Nigeria has all that it takes to be admired and respected by the world,just like U.S.A, but we lack the attitude,we keep encoraging leaders who have little or nothing to offer,we say they have done alot, when they have done basically nothing. we are more interested in the tribe,region,religion,and amount of money they give to us during their election campaigns, we overlook their performance(for incumbent leaders),their patriotic efforts,how commited they have been etc. Yet when such leader is elected,and performs below our expectation,we call for his/her head! we make loud noise,we ridicule him/her,yet,he/she will still be voted for again,after settling us. Last bullet:Nigerians MUST change for a new Nigeria of our dreams.
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by slimmingcare(f): 5:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
God bless CNN for such action.
The Masses are surviving on the grace of God.
Take a look at our roads from Mushin to toll sango toll gate and see what the inhabitants of this areas are passing through daily.
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by temitemi1(m): 5:29pm On Nov 11, 2014
Bt CNN never made mention any political party nah. Nonsense!!!
alexis007:
GEJ and his administration is a huge joke....his cluelessness would have been a nice form of entertainment if lives and blood aren't being wasted on a daily basis...
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
Bwahaha... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by lozairio(m): 6:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
It's such a shame that nigerian politicians don't know how to attain respect internationally
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by uboma(m): 6:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
CityNG:
Highly elated, best news of the morning.

i concur

1 Like

Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by readonenaire(m): 6:28pm On Nov 11, 2014
alexis007:
touché bro! cool
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
The Media company of Repute CNN deals with information that is true and verifiably factual and not all these propagandist Mega-falsehoods of the Nigerian government.
CNN is a credible organisation and would rather not be associated with things that'd tarnish its image.

They think money(stolen taxpayer's) can buy everything, NDI ARA!!!!!
Re: 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria by PStacks(m): 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2014
shocked cheesy grin

National Embarrassment..

Lol..

Hahahaha..

I so much love oyinbo people mehn! They are plain and pop in one word..

They are just saying in one word.. "If you are deceiving yourselves, you can't deceive us"

They are just saying, we don't want no lies to discredit our brand.. CNN is a global brand, it is telling Nigerians the truth..

It is left for us to pick up our pieces, mend ourselves and work in restoring this nation in taking her place in committee of Nations.

You people should just allow Buhari atleast cleans this country.

Restore some Nation Decorum..

order and due-process.

Let Nigerians be disciplined.
You c, one thing I know about Nigerian Achievers is that they are Extra-ordinary, like the kid that broke a CGPA in America, Nigerians are always breaking records abroad, so its not like Nigerians are not Wonderful people but amidst ourselves nobody owns the country, no real ownership and hence no responsibility.

Yes, Nigerians are not responsible to Nigeria. Seriously, I'm sorry to say, it hurts, I'm a nigerian, but truth is, an average Nigerian is Indisciplined. Not like they don't know what is right to do, but if doing what is wrong does not atract any serious punishment, then an average Nigerian won't mind doing what is wrong.

Nigerians can do well if we have Focused and Disciplined leaders..

No doubt about it, Nigerians need Iron Hand..

I'm one of the people that believe we should still have Military as our president, but since I must not talk like that in this century then I would rather go for a Retired Military man..

Being Military is being Disciplined.

Being General Buhari is rising thru the Ranks and Files of the Army, he has Endeared in a certain profession and not only succeeded, but rose to the pinnacle of his career..

The man is known to be tough and disciplined,

Nigerians are not disciplined people I must say the truth, we could be disciplined, but we need that discipline to be forced,

Let me give u an example with Fashola..

Fashola is a Military man, u all just don't know it.

He looked at traffic and chaos in lagos and introduced state traffic police, u see, mets say u don't want to be disciplined, but in lagos state the fear of Lastma is the beginning of wisdom, so somehow, those guys are keeping you on traffic check and making an average road user within lagos "Road disciplined"

Ok take the issue of the Pedestrain bridges. These bridges are there but some people are goats, animals including me ooo, when I'm in a hurry and late for work, I prefer to cross the express than take the bridge, the bridge is there but u must force Nigerians to use it, that is why Fashola has men of "KAI" in lagos to "kick against Indiscipline"..

You c, its simple, as a people, we must kick against indiscipline, indiscipline is expensive, when there is a bridge for you to use in crossing the express but indiscipline makes u not to use the bridge and u cross the express and moto jam u, u die.. U have died from your refusal to use the bridge. That is death from your own indiscipline.

Indiscipline is what breeds corruption, people don't follow laws and orders, people cut corners and do all manner of things, people commit sin against the state, people burst pipeline, steal and vandalise govt property, people don't feel inclusive in government, politicians just think about themselves alone, money, greed, corruption.

Pls politicians shouldn't further embarrass this country again ooo grin ..

Imagine, u want to go and lie on CNN..

These people no dey fear God ooo!
And yet Church full nigeria like crase, Mosque full the country like crazy,

Whom are we deceiving?
It is ok when u lie to other people,
But its not ok when u lie to yourself.

CNN is saying they don't want to be lied to even if we have been lieing to ourselves.

We must wake up. The number ofInternally displaced people within this sovereign state is on the increase.

People must speak up. People must profer solutions, what is the way forward for nigeria?

Can we continue as one country or do we split up?

People must take partisan politics aside. I don't care about PDP or APC, I just care about development. I just want a better life, I want steady electricity, I want a more civil society, I need a sane environment, I need availability of social welfares, I need govt accountability and transparency, these things to me looks far from Nigeria but I pray I'm wrong.

Seriously, for the love of this country.
For the sake of this bombings everyday.
For the innocent lives we loose everyday.

If I were an Adviser to His Excellency Goodluck Jonathan, I would advise him to not Contest the 2015 Elections..

In my Opinion, he would go down in history as one of the best ever president Nigeria ever produced, whom for the sake of happenings in the country decided not to contest the 2015 elections.
I swear, that way, I will love the man more.
In all sincerity, not that he has not tried, he has, but the problem of Nigeria seems to be greater than him.

Nigeria needs some sort of Rigid Iron fist. Everybody must sit tight, from the market women, to bankers to taxi drivers to students to civil servant and every part of our society, we need some sort of discipline,

Then again, too much lives have been lost in this regime and too much money can't be accounted for.

People died seeking employment in Nigeria Immigration, Youth Unemployment is high,

Nigeria is at a cross-road and I wish the Country more than Goodluck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths / "On My Way To Surrender My Arms To Okorocha In Owerri" - Man (Photos) / Pictures And Videos Of The Dangote Refinery And Navy Fleet Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.