Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,553 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms (39183 Views)

Ade Adefuye Dies (Nigerian Ambassador To U.S) / FFK Blasts US Senator Leahy For Calling Nigerian Soldiers "Rapists & Murderers" / See What The World Is Saying About America's Refusal To Sell Arms To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by ojialo(m): 8:09am On Nov 12, 2014
egift:

First Nigeria will not scatter. Secondly, Jonathan is not transparent and excessively corrupt - nobody in his right mind make a deal with such person.

How can one justify smuggling money to South Africa to procure illegal arms when there legitimate ways to get it? Why is Jonathan afraid of the Front gate? Why must he always enter his good neighbour's house by jumping over the fence at the back-yard? Why is he exporting his Stealing-Is-Not-Corruption style of Government to other countries?

The Zoologist must be voted out before he sinks this nation with anarchy and corruption.
I doubt if your generation on earth will ever smell vice President not to talk of President... he is a zoologist and your President and will still be your President till 2019..... if you don't like em jump into a moving lorry load of dangote cement.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by tbaba1234: 8:11am On Nov 12, 2014
The same weapons that boko haram will possess when soldiers run away.

You can not deal with this, until you build soldier morale. Morale is low and we are seeing the results.

Give soldiers benefits, let their names be known as heroes, let their family never suffer.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by OLADD: 8:11am On Nov 12, 2014
Lordave:
It's funny how people keep accusing USA of wanting to invade Nigeria. For what? To what benefit?

I see more than a good reason why USA shouldn't even sell a rusty pistol to Nigeria if y'all don't.

It's election time and if anything goes wrong and those weapons fall into the wrong hands what would be the fate of Nigeria? Why would America sell weapons to Nigeria after y'all have finished condemning the country and accusing them of sponsoring terrorism?
Let me stop here.
They did this to show Nigeria that they don't want our money, we should deal with ourselves.
[color=#006600][/color]

And you think Nigerian politicians are not armed for 2015 elections already? You are so funny. Your argument is so shallow. The arms in circulation is even enough to perpetrate evil by enemies of Nigeria and may God deliver us from their evil machinations. US refused to sell arms to Nigeria simply because they are traitors. Period.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by princeokwu(m): 8:11am On Nov 12, 2014
If am to be GEJ pa, my advice to him will be to severe every ties we have with usa and be ally of either russia or north korea who are big threat to usa
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by egift(m): 8:12am On Nov 12, 2014
ojialo:
I doubt if your generation on earth will ever smell vice President not to talk of President... he is a zoologist and your President and will still be your President till 2019..... if you don't like em jump into a moving lorry load of dangote cement.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1855894_manochefablabla_gif67aaa7a8079946b7eceb1afb2b1aa9a5
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by bnovative(m): 8:14am On Nov 12, 2014
mcdokwe:
Well they made their point clear. Our military is enmeshed in gross human rights abuse which we as Nigerians who chose to be sincere to ourselves can't deny.

Besides, apart from the allegations against our military, it is obvious the US is waiting for the situation to get so terribly bad to the point where their interest, whatever it is would be best met.
("Nigeria will break up in 2015"-US government)
Which military is without records of human right abuse? The USA military committed worse atrocities in Iraq. The truth is America is denying us bc we refused to pass laws in favour of gays.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by ojialo(m): 8:15am On Nov 12, 2014
adedayourt:
Now this got me wondering if US is the only country with sophisticated wepon

Why the craze bout them. . .
Nigeria should have gone to Russia for the same weapon they sold to Syria.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by hrhobi1(m): 8:18am On Nov 12, 2014
kendrick93:
because u are sayin rubbish.... SA has or can't hav a nuclear weapon.. u must be a fool to bliev so

Bro use Google plz. Even Ghana can produce a nuclear weapon within 6 months.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Reference(m): 8:18am On Nov 12, 2014
egift:

First Nigeria will not scatter. Secondly, Jonathan is not transparent and excessively corrupt - nobody in his right mind make a deal with such person.

How can one justify smuggling money to South Africa to procure illegal arms when there legitimate ways to get it? Why is Jonathan afraid of the Front gate? Why must he always enter his good neighbour's house by jumping over the fence at the back-yard? Why is he exporting his Stealing-Is-Not-Corruption style of Government to other countries?

The Zoologist must be voted out before he sinks this nation with anarchy and corruption.

Removing sentiment and some good points there are a few errors. One. Arms purchases are always clandestine particularly in time of conflict for very simple reasons, intelligence and sabotage. You cannot afford to have such information on purchases in public domain. You cannot disclose their import and deployment. The fact that there are moles in the security system makes secrecy imperative. The trade-off however is that secrecy is incubator of corruption and scandal.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Blaqsmith(m): 8:19am On Nov 12, 2014
Unibenstudent:
Yes

Are you ok?
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by manutdadex(m): 8:20am On Nov 12, 2014
texazzpete:

How is the US being 'mischievous'? If US laws prevents the Americans from selling arms to countries with alleged human rights violations, why condemn them? Why should you expect the U.S. to breach their own laws?

Using the U.S. as an excuse is just despicable. A huge portion of our weaponry ( helicopters, tanks, fighters) are Chinese or Russian. Why not simply buy from them instead?

This is a non-issue. And the Ambassador is a clown for accusing the U.S. of not stopping Boko Haram when the Nigerian Army that is more equipped than Boko Haram is failing at the task.

Nonsense.
if they are so concernd abt human rites voilations, wat abt d ones voiletd by BH: freedom to life, to worship, of speech, killin d unarmed, children,student,aged etc? u.S na hypocrate. Now am sure we knw our enemies and friends.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by juman(m): 8:22am On Nov 12, 2014
The president presenting himself for second term is an insult to the people of this country.

This is absolutely useless government.

Was it not this nigerian military that performed brilliantly during the days of ECOMOG?

How come our government mismanaged our cordial relationship with the super power country.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by OLADD: 8:23am On Nov 12, 2014
gbishman:
I am of the view that we are not really addressing the issue but rather allowing our emotions come between our reasoning. The issue is that the US has raised concerns about human rights abuses meted out on suspected boko haram insurgents as seen in some gruesome videos published on the internet like the one soldiers were beheading victims and throwing them into hand dug graves. Now the US which in their entirety is a nation governed by laws and have clear rules of engagement when it comes to war fare has said that that laws do not permit them to sell arms to nations found to have falling short of their laws, to me this crystal clear.
So what Nigeria should do is to prosecute those found to have gone against their rules and bring them to book and let the whole world see that we are making efforts in curbing this excesses of our boys in uniform and then and only then would be able to have a justifiable case.
Or better still meet with other western countries like Russia, China, England (our supposed colonial masters) and purchase arms from them.
[color=#006600][/color]

Which human right abuse are you referring to? The one propounded by the political Amnesty Internationals where Oby Ezekwesili (of the notorious BringBackOurGovernment Campaign is a member? Why do you always buy lies sold to you by the Western world? Why is the same US selling arms to Liberia, Sudan and other crisis ridden nations where oppressive governance takes place? Stop fooling us please.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by adedayourt(m): 8:23am On Nov 12, 2014
ojialo:
Nigeria should have gone to Russia for the same weapon they sold to Syria.

Borv I wonder oooooooo

Dis govt jus wan dey form loyalty wey no folo
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by duni04(m): 8:23am On Nov 12, 2014
Truth is that Nigeria even loathes to buy weapons from the west in the first place because western defence companies rarely give bribes or collude with Nigerian officials to inflate contracts, which the Chinese and Russians will gladly do. I'm very sure Nigerian defence officials are making billions in kick backs and inflated contracts from buying weapons on the black market or from Russia or China. Thats how they tried to smuggle millions of dollars to South Africa under the guise of buying weapons They're duping Nigeria and at the same time pointing accusing fingers at the west for their inability to fight Boko Haram. Where is the N960billion Nigeria budgeted for defence in 2014?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by mccash(m): 8:23am On Nov 12, 2014
Is it only U.S that sale weapons? What of china russia erac parkistan. They should give me the money I will get them better arms to fight boko haram. What kind of story is that U.S refuse to sale arms for u in that case we should fold our hands and watch goat give birth to human if u can't find ur black sheep in day light u can't found it at night

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by VolvoS60(m): 8:24am On Nov 12, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

Why can't we make our own?

^^^
grin

As you must have noticed, no one has answered your question. Why? Because its a difficult question we don't have an answer to.

Its far easier to curse and rant. Some other poster drew our attention to how India is a nuclear power today. And India got flag independence from the British at about the same time as Nigeria. What is our excuse? angry

Our nakkedness is now on full display.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 12, 2014
Raiders:
sometimes I wonder how boko haram get those rockets and tanks. All the tanks in possession of boko haram are Nigerian army tanks. If US give the Nigeria army more sophisticated weapons it will fall in the hand of boko haram

Help me tell them.
Me I don tire for this matter
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by rigarmortis: 8:25am On Nov 12, 2014
egift:

Chai, watin person no go hear for this Obodo Nairaland grin grin grin

your brain has been shoved so deep into your a55 you sh1+ grey matter.

when will you make sense?.....guess until buhari becomes president, which is NEVER!......too bad.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by frank442: 8:26am On Nov 12, 2014
US know that we can go to another country to buy. This shows they are not after our money.
They just want us to do the right thing

GEJ go and declear ur Asset. U have done B4. U can do it

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by holatin(m): 8:27am On Nov 12, 2014
just had a private chats with Obama and he said....... Reason we dont want to sell to Nigeria is because it will be use for the wrong motives and finally fall to boko haram hands.
and you know what happen next
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by VolvoS60(m): 8:29am On Nov 12, 2014
Dibiachukwu:
Is it by force? Make your own. I wish everybody would refuse to sell arms to those fatties and big heads.

^^^
I wonder.

We are experiencing the effects of unrestrained consumption. This is what happens when you don't produce.

But we won't learn any lessons from all this. If we never learnt all this while, why will it change now?
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by manutdadex(m): 8:30am On Nov 12, 2014
VivaDeAngelo:
It is more rewarding to be an ally to Putin than the United States,no wonder he was ranked by Forbes as the most powerful man in the world. Jelly-fish Obama will always give Jona a broad smile as if it is from his heart. But again am not completely exonerating the Nigerian Military from any blame,indeed they are repeat violaters of human right,over the years,the military have compromised their sincerity of purpose for selfish interests as they have reduced themselves as puppets in the hands of politicians.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by OLADD: 8:31am On Nov 12, 2014
egift:

[img]http://4.bp..com/-KHpgkZKb2ms/T4ZRu8CyB7I/AAAAAAAAAQI/eP7ChU7zXI4/s1600/gorilla-middle-finger.jpg[/img]
Meet a friend of mine. He is more handsome than you and you are just jealous of him grin grin grin
[color=#006600][/color]

Monkey! I thought you said you don't have time for me? Only apes think and talk the way you did. Anyway, I have passed my information to you and you can storm Sambissa thereafter.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Jorian1(m): 8:31am On Nov 12, 2014
Tweetums:
bAba iyabo watching u, shey u know?
OMO na song i de sing oo, no be even sing de song sef, go fight eedris abeg
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by mcdokwe(m): 8:32am On Nov 12, 2014
bnovative:

Which military is without records of human right abuse? The USA military committed worse atrocities in Iraq. The truth is America is denying us bc we refused to pass laws in favour of gays.
well, you may not be wrong in your assertions, but you will equally agree with me that whereas US abuses foreigners, the NA abuses its own. Besides the US gets away easily with theirs and rarely requires foreign aid, Now we do.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Abagworo(m): 8:33am On Nov 12, 2014
My belief is that the US knows the men behind Boko Haram and are well aware that the Government might be backing them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by egift(m): 8:40am On Nov 12, 2014
OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]Monkey! I thought you said you don't have time for me? Only apes think and talk the way you did. Anyway, I have passed my information to you and you can storm Sambissa thereafter.

What information? Keep deluding yourself in that massive Corruption the Zoologist is downloading in your psyche.

I extended a hand of friendship you rather chose to groom your Schizophrenia.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by VolvoS60(m): 8:41am On Nov 12, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Yours is the only post that makes sense on the thread.

In South and North Korea....they both had no domestic weapons programme by 1960....everything was imported.

Now, both of them do.

In an oil rich society like Nigeria....investing in technology is something that is despised.....after all we can use our oyel kudi to import what we need.

So we refuse to invest in local technology, we refuse to invest in technical people, and we refuse to invest in technical education.

Instead we use our oil money to remain dependent on foreign powers through imports (sigh).

Oil is a curse.

^^^^
grin

You keep pushing the notion that oil is a curse. And I'll keep reminding you that for every Nigeria there is a Norway.

Not everyone pissed their opportunity away. Some countries took that oil and did something worthwhile with it.

160 million people pleading diminished responsibility. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by philips70(m): 8:46am On Nov 12, 2014
omenka:
Is the US the only arms dealer in the world

All I see is a government so desperate to sell to the electorates some reason why the war is not being won. Watch out, when campaigns come full swing, this is all we will be hearing!! They will blame the inability of our troops to make gains on the refusal of US to sell us arms!! Then they can even step it up a little by associating the opposition with this refusal.

Shame.

Didn't you hear Akpabio saying GEJ will never hand over to the sponsors of BH? Today, they call APC the sponsors of BH tomorrow they welcome their decampees into their fold with pomp and pageantry. The next time you hear them calling the whole people of Northern Nigeria parasites and with born-to-rule mentality. Nobody they have not blamed their failures on, only God. I will actually wonder and believe Northerners are really cows if any of them cast their vote for this man who have so sponsored these incessant verbal assaults and insults against them including their past and present leaders.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by AMADU77: 8:47am On Nov 12, 2014
onitshaigbo:
God bless the US! Nigeria should never be allowed to buy arms before it apologizes for the genocidal atrocities against Igbos in the Biafran War [size=20pt]and pay[/size] us the reparations owed.

blood n killing every day, n that's all u care for " [size=20pt]PAY[/size] "

very patriotic
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by OLADD: 8:47am On Nov 12, 2014
egift:

What information? Keep deluding yourself in that massive Corruption the Zoologist is downloading in your psyche.

I extended a hand of friendship you rather chose to groom your Schizophrenia.
[/color][color=#006600]

What a shallow brain!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Babajide Sanwo-olu Celebrates His Victory As Next Lagos Governor! / Okonjo-iweala Is Favourite As WTO Narrows Aspirants To 2 Tuesday / Lagos Shuts Christ Embassy, Mosques, Hotels, Other Churches Over Noise Pollution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.