Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,695 members, 7,820,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? (3011 Views)

Which of these is the best option for a guy.?? / See What Happened To A Lady After She Visited An Internet Luv In A Hotel (VIDEO) / Guys, Is It Right To Thank A Lady After Love Making? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by jmoore(m): 11:56am On Nov 12, 2014
jmoore:

I have never been in a relationship. My mind is focused on marriage and not this 21st century dating stuff. When I am ready for marriage, I will find her and in less than 6 months the wedding is done.

DailyNews:
hehe, Jmoore, abeg o, if u don't have enough cash now eh, pls n pls make it a top priority to find a girlfriend o, I am serious cos if u eventually succeed in getting some cash, acquiring good ride/crib and have no existing good girlfriend u can reckon on, my brother u will be confused! In fact, ur name will become confusion cos all ladies u will be meeting will all be forming too angelic that u won't even know who is who again; and its so scary!

So start now o to de find o, dnt wait till d money arrives cos its risky, unless u are ready to stay single for long, though it hurts sometimes wen u see ur mates with their pretty kids, cheicheesycheesy

enioluwaselore:

Preach brother!

I wish someone gave me this advice way back. These days I don tire for ladies, the ones wey no dey even reply my greetings before now dey collect my pin from there friends, dey ping me morning and night dey ask hey hun 'how are you?' 'have you eaten?' 'how was work today?' and even laff at some of my dry jokes. I go just dey look them say, who be your hun?

Honestly wish I had a serious girl from way back, when things never make sense.

Honestly i

I understand the views shared by those I quoted above. But I don't really need a girlfriend in the days of my small beginnings. I will get serious to start a relationship after I have made enough cash to build my own house. I don't need a gf to struggle with me.

Will I be confused after I have made it? Nope, I don't think so. I can read minds, so I can separate the "hungry-devouring" ladies from the virtuous ones. smiley
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by hahn(m): 12:37pm On Nov 12, 2014
FP material!
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by hahn(m): 12:39pm On Nov 12, 2014
Your days of hardship, struggling and strife will bring you the girl you NEED. When you eventually achieve your dreams and are successful you can get any girl you WANT.

That said, your wants aren't exactly your needs.

I'm happily married to the girl I needed. She was there when I didn't have shingbain, she's here now that things have improved and will be with me at the top!

9 Likes

Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by mikolo80: 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2014
problem not getting a lady but getting the lady

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by theSpark(m): 1:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
I have always thought of hustling my life first and then getting a woman. My belief is this: If you socially and economically elevate you are most likely to meet ladies of you status. The issue of gold diggers will not be prominent, most of the women around you are going to be your class and wouldn't overtly try to please you to win your favour. You can then choose the one with good behaviour and get hitched.

I however realised that the distance between now and the period of my making it may be long. It's better I get a decent lady and get things kicking on time. We'll elevate socially and economically together.

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by Kunleskey(m): 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hardworking first,them am gonna look 4 my perfect match
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2014
Came here to read comments...
Guys over to you
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by koko12(m): 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by jmoore(m): 8:17pm On Nov 12, 2014
hahn:
Your days of hardship, struggling and strife will bring you the girl you NEED. When you eventually achieve your dreams and are successful you can get any girl you WANT.

That said, your wants aren't exactly your needs.

I'm happily married to the girl I needed. She was there when I didn't have shingbain, she's here now that things have improved and will be with me at the top!
Is it impossible to get the lady you need after you have made it?

1 Like

Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by frrank(m): 11:23pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by RAKITIC: 1:52am On Nov 13, 2014
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by kadas01(m): 3:47am On Nov 13, 2014
Nice Topic!
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by Nobody: 4:09am On Nov 13, 2014
This is a very insightful thread...Mzbreezy come take sit beside me
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by prologue: 4:46am On Nov 13, 2014
A good lady that sticks to you when you trying to get your footing sees who you are. Honey/money will attract flies. Making it is a relative term that changes with environment and knowledge and time.
In my experience, you can't know a woman. when there is cash, a shade is seen. in lack, when you marry her, if she earns more than you, when she gives birth, after three kids... she continually evolves. You just got to love her.
They all love money. but not all worship money. if she does not nag, can laugh, not envious, loves your family and not lazy and above all, a teachable spirit, anywhere or anytime you meet her, made or unmade, don't court for long. MARRY.
I met a lady on Facebook few months back. She got these. Her believing in me has been a tonic. dating longer will be foolishness. Soon, we will be married.
There is though a "caveat emptor" Sometimes, when we don hammer, the babe when dey even in our hussle, we go dey feel say she no package reach...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by Drdaps(m): 5:26am On Nov 13, 2014
Before you made it the good ones will be willing to roll with you while the bad ones won't. Once you made it the good ones won't have their way to you while the bad ones will be running after you.
So i think it is better to have a companion right from the beginning.
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by rutibaby(f): 8:02am On Nov 13, 2014
I'll prefer u get a reliable friend, It might not necessarily mean dating or having affairs wit her. She might be of great help to u. It's better to avoid falling into the ditch than falling and looking for whom to rescue u.
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 13, 2014
Nice thread....!
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by Mustack: 9:02am On Nov 13, 2014
space booked.
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by ogunvic41(m): 9:04am On Nov 13, 2014
This is my current challenge undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by jane911(f): 9:26am On Nov 13, 2014
there is always a WOMAN behind every successful man
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by ERCROSS(m): 9:52am On Nov 13, 2014
jane911:
there is always a WOMAN behind every successful man

Bcoz women don't stay with unsuccessful men..
wink

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by jane911(f): 10:07am On Nov 13, 2014
ERCROSS:

Bcoz women don't stay with unsuccessful men..
wink
lol funny u
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by Evina(f): 11:24am On Nov 13, 2014
I really don't know where many guys derived the thought that being rich makes it difficult to get the woman you need. angry As far as I'm concerned, that is a myth.

Infact, being successful makes you attract the right kind of woman; you can get a woman with the same taste as you, exposure, beauty, maturity, finesse and strength of character. wink This is not the same for a struggling dude because you have limited choices and fewer chances.
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 13, 2014
I wouldn't recommend both, rather, one should get her while trying to make it.
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 13, 2014
Evina:
I really don't know where many guys derived the thought that being rich makes it difficult to get the woman you need. angry As far as I'm concerned, that is a myth.
Infact, being successful makes you attract the right kind of woman; you can get a woman with the same taste as you, exposure, beauty, maturity, finesse and strength of character. wink This is not the same for a struggling dude because you have limited choices and fewer chances.

I completely agree. I think the quality of a mate (and the value of your maturity to appreciate them) increases with time ....FOR GUYS ANYWAY.
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by Evina(f): 11:40am On Nov 13, 2014
2buff:

I completely agree. I think the quality of a mate (and the value of your maturity to appreciate them) increases with time ....FOR GUYS ANYWAY.

With time, you mean experience? Also, does experience equal success? Pardon me, I fail to get your point especially as it relates to the op's question.
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 13, 2014
prologue:
A good lady that sticks to you when you trying to get your footing sees who you are. Honey/money will attract flies. Making it is a relative term that changes with environment and knowledge and time.
In my experience, you can't know a woman. when there is cash, a shade is seen. in lack, when you marry her, if she earns more than you, when she gives birth, after three kids... she continually evolves. You just got to love her.
They all love money. but not all worship money. if she does not nag, can laugh, not envious, loves your family and not lazy and above all, a teachable spirit, anywhere or anytime you meet her, made or unmade, don't court for long. MARRY.
I met a lady on Facebook few months back. She got these. Her believing in me has been a tonic. dating longer will be foolishness. Soon, we will be married.
There is though a "caveat emptor" Sometimes, when we don hammer, the babe when dey even in our hussle, we go dey feel say she no package reach...

I don't agree with you on this , I'll go with the op on this one. I once mentioned on another thread that having humble beginnings isn't the issue but remaining humble after fame and fortune has come , if he feels he's above certain girls after he has made it then he wasn't humble to begin with , a good girl is always a good while a bad girl is always a bad girl. Let him open his eyes and mind very well and he'll not be deceived
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by Mrval20(m): 11:54am On Nov 13, 2014
I've always had the mentality of 'getting a lady after making it in life', but my elder sister, out of experience, advised me in line with what so many people are saying on this thread - that I should get a decent girl now that I'm still climbing the ladder.
Okay, I took her advice and started out but guess what? Most ladies (at the student level though) don't care about your future at all, all they care about is what you have and can offer at the moment.
If you're easily distracted or can't stand series of disheartening embarrassment from ladies, go and make money first.
#myopinion.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by BreezyRita(f): 12:34pm On Nov 13, 2014
At last.! A meaningful thread.

Getting a lady "before" is way better........
"After" can be dangerous. The wrong ones are attracted.
You know what they say; " A woman's loyalty is seen when her man has nothing, but a man's loyalty is seen when he has everything".

I'm not saying you can't get a good woman after making it, but the chances are quite slim.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by LegatusGlaber(m): 2:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
Before brother, cos after you made it, you will be cynical about their love for you. I remember when I got my first car, the approach of all the chics around me changed and it took me a while to figure out why.
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by prologue: 3:07pm On Nov 13, 2014
neoapocalypse:

I don't agree with you on this , I'll go with the op on this one. I once mentioned on another thread that having humble beginnings isn't the issue but remaining humble after fame and fortune has come , if he feels he's above certain girls after he has made it then he wasn't humble to begin with , a good girl is always a good while a bad girl is always a bad girl. Let him open his eyes and mind very well and he'll not be deceived
Nice one here.
Take a peep from the window am viewing from.
Good and bad are relative terms. most are seen as good cos they have not been sufficiently tempted. People must change. Either cos they see the light or feel the heat. At any stage, look out for your own good. if it falls there, OK. made or no made. but having the trappings of a made man has its own perils. surer love exists in ladder climbing stage, depending on your goal.
Re: Getting A Lady After You Have Made It Or Before? Which Is The Best Option? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
Pro01, your comments are humbly needed.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If U Can't Answer This Questions, Then We Can't Go Into Marriage / Exposed! 8 Secrets Women Keep From Men / Photos: World Bodybuilder Janae Marie Reveals She’s Transgender On Instagr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.