Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady (67840 Views)

'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' / Some Silly Things Nigerian Guys Do To Impress A Lady / 6 Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by LaurelP(m): 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
We guys have been made to think that we must always do anything possible to impress the female folk. I'm not against a guy loving her babe, I'm against a guy doing silly things in order to impress a lady.

The truth is that most times, these actions come back to haunt us while, we get to regret at the end.

1. Consuming too much alcohol: most guys are guilty of this especially when trying to woo a lady or when taking her to bed. This is wrong in so many ways: it will damage your health, its a temporary measure, you most times end up misbehaving and its not a guarantee that you'll succeed in wooing or performing well in bed. Besides, the lady will know that you took something and that you lack confidence and esteem. Be yourself.

2. Spending above your means: whether its buying things you don't really need in order to look rich and fly, or spoiling the lady with things you normally should not be buying. Its wrong. I see a lot of guys do this and I keep wondering to what purpose? The worst is many of them come back to their senses when its already too late!

3. Lying: I'm not talking about the small lies guys normally tell, I'm talking about bragging to a lady about what you're not. Why tell a lady your father is Dangote's brother, or you're a Chelsea player, or you work in Shell. This will make her have high expectation from you which you would be trying to live up to.

4. Badmouthing your fellow guys: Maybe a guy that is also coming after her. Its wrong for a guy to maltreat his fellow in any way because of a lady. Whether its badmouthing, fighting or quarelling with him, its not worth it.

5. Giving your values and beliefs: Maybe you're a committed Christian or Muslim, you start backsliding or become uncommitted because she told you to. You start to abandon your loved ones and family, your studies begin to nosedive and even your job sef, you become unserious. Its a very silly thing to do because when the chips are down, those are the only things that will get you going- God, your family and loved ones and your job which will put food on your table.

6. Pretending to be who you're not: there's no need to pretend to be a bad guy if you're not. There are still ladies who values good guys. U don't need to force yourself to seem confident if you're a shy guy. People will know you're just acting it up.

Add yours please...

138 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Beckybeky(f): 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ok

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
*seeing yourself as too small for a girl(low self esteem)
*speaking american english while spits flows from your month.
*boast about your small change...mtweeeeeeww..

123 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by major466(m): 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2014
No.6 is very important.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by lirusehn(m): 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
undecided

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Skillfullulu(m): 3:47pm On Nov 12, 2014
True talk

1 Like

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by kroomtravels: 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Davidson267(m): 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2014
O.p u ar so on point.meanwhile am commenting cos ur post in on front page
modified
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2014
Dissing ur relatives just to show dt u r nt gullible

10 Likes

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Fkhalifa(m): 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2014
hope they listen.
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by koko12(m): 4:20pm On Nov 12, 2014

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by SkinnyDude(m): 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
major466:
No.6 is very important.
i am telling you. very very important. i'm a shy guy. i see guys hugging, kissing and holding hands with girls. i cant do all these things. even when my female friend asked me to hug her, i couldnt. i am trying to force myself to all these things. but now, i no don change mind. i will be myself, no forming

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by mesoade(m): 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
Never break the GUY CODE to impress a lady.

21 Likes

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by TRIPPLEAB(m): 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
I tell u some guys can be silly

1 Like

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by MayflowerB(f): 7:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
Showing her txt msgs from Other gurls just to make yourself look hot nd important
OR
Bragging abt hw hot ur ex girlfriend is and hw she is begging to have u back

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by lilmax(m): 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
SkinnyDude:
i am telling you. very very important. i'm a shy guy. i see guys hugging, kissing and holding hands with girls. i cant do all these things. even when my female friend asked me to hug her, i couldnt. i am trying to force myself to all these things. but now, i no don change mind. i will be myself, no forming
what is this one saying?

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Odunharry(m): 7:51pm On Nov 12, 2014
woman wrappering........lol

4 Likes

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by LaurelP(m): 8:29pm On Nov 12, 2014
MayflowerB:
Showing her txt msgs from Other gurls just to make yourself look hot nd important
OR
Bragging abt hw hot ur ex girlfriend is and hw she is begging to have u back

U sound like you're guilty of these

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by 01emek(m): 8:56pm On Nov 12, 2014
Living a false life just because of a girl.. Fighting for a girl even when she's at fualt.angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:58pm On Nov 12, 2014
I have one way of impressing and making any girl I date jealous I have a lot of female friends who love spending time with me so I always answer their calls infront of her and always greet them with hugs, kiss and flirts whenever any of them wants to greet me in front of her, I do that to let her know she is not irreplaceable that despite my numerous female friends she is the chosen one but still have competitors. It makes them(girlfriends) want to outdo the other girls for my attention, call that wired but that is my style op is that among the stupid ways of impression.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by SpaceGoat: 9:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
schoking! a goat talk human language! shocked click here and scorll down https://www.nairaland.com/1980347/romancelanders-voicenote-thread/56#27959913

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by MayflowerB(f): 9:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
LaurelP:

U sound like you're guilty of these
Guilty? Do I sound like a guy

5 Likes

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by debosola(f): 9:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
Don't over-dress trying to impress a lady and end up looking like a fire-man. #besimple

42 Likes

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by LaurelP(m): 9:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
I have one way of impressing and making any girl I date jealous I have a lot of female friends who love spending time with me so I always answer their calls infront of her and always greet them with hugs, kiss and flirts whenever any of them wants to greet me in front of her, I do that to let her know she is not irreplaceable that despite my numerous female friends she is the chosen one but still have competitors. It makes them(girlfriends) want to outdo the other girls for my attention, call that wired but that is my style op is that among the stupid ways of impression.

No its a strategy

10 Likes

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Mprex(f): 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
Owk
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by aristocrazzy: 9:23pm On Nov 12, 2014
I so much hate it when guy dey fall anoda guy handz because of babe. And the mumu babe go like am sef. My own e no good to steal from ur guy because u want to impress her. It sucks.

7 Likes

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by chinnyonwu(m): 9:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
LaurelP:
We guys have been made to think that we must always do anything possible to impress the female folk. I'm not against a guy loving her babe, I'm against a guy doing silly things in order to impress a lady.

The truth is that most times, these actions come back to haunt us while, we get to regret at the end.

1. Consuming too much alcohol: most guys are guilty of this especially when trying to woo a lady or when taking her to bed. This is wrong in so many ways: it will damage your health, its a temporary measure, you most times end up misbehaving and its not a guarantee that you'll succeed in wooing or performing well in bed. Besides, the lady will know that you took something and that you lack confidence and esteem. Be yourself.

2. Spending above your means: whether its buying things you don't really need in order to look rich and fly, or spoiling the lady with things you normally should not be buying. Its wrong. I see a lot of guys do this and I keep wondering to what purpose? The worst is many of them come back to their senses when its already too late!

3. Lying: I'm not talking about the small lies guys normally tell, I'm talking about bragging to a lady about what you're not. Why tell a lady your father is Dangote's brother, or you're a Chelsea player, or you work in Shell. This will make her have high expectation from you which you would be trying to live up to.

4. Badmouthing your fellow guys: Maybe a guy that is also coming after her. Its wrong for a guy to maltreat his fellow in any way because of a lady. Whether its badmouthing, fighting or quarelling with him, its not worth it.

5. Giving your values and beliefs: Maybe you're a committed Christian or Muslim, you start backsliding or become uncommitted because she told you to. You start to abandon your loved ones and family, your studies begin to nosedive and even your job sef, you become unserious. Its a very silly thing to do because when the chips are down, those are the only things that will get you going- God, your family and loved ones and your job which will put food on your table.

6. Pretending to be who you're not: there's no need to pretend to be a bad guy if you're not. There are still ladies who values good guys. U don't need to force yourself to seem confident if you're a shy guy. People will know you're just acting it up.

Add yours please...

admision list for ya school never comot? angry

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by LaurelP(m): 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
chinnyonwu:

admision list for ya school never comot? angry

U think say I be ur mate?

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by destante(f): 10:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
mesoade:
Some peeps say,Someone who never lied to a lover has no respect for her feelings.
What about telling the truth?
Hehe, well I think some lies are harmless. So I let such slide.
Btw, is it really possible for men not to lie in a relationship? No I think.

1 Like

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by destante(f): 10:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
Some guys buy shirts worth of 10k and even more to impress a lady that buys a 500 naira leggings. Whose loss? Hehe. smh.

27 Likes

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by mesoade(m): 10:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
destante:

Hehe, well I think some lies are harmless. So I let such slide.
Btw, is it really possible for men not to lie in a relationship? No I think.
I Haven't lied to my girl . . Same with my ex

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) / Man Appears To Drown In A Swimming Pool As Sexy Ladies Take Pictures In Bikinis / Very Hilarious Photo! Guys, Can You Allow This To Happen To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.