Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady (67859 Views)

'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' / Some Silly Things Nigerian Guys Do To Impress A Lady / 6 Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by mesoade(m): 10:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
destante:

Hehe, well I think some lies are harmless. So I let such slide.
Btw, is it really possible for men not to lie in a relationship? No I think.
I Haven't lied to my girl . . Same with my ex
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by destante(f): 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
mesoade:
I Haven't lied to my girl . . Same with my ex
hmph! someborry jes lied. Isokay

1 Like

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by mesoade(m): 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2014
destante:

hmph! someborry jes lied. Isokay
believe me sis.

1 Like

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Rapsainot(m): 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2014
absolutely correct
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Mrfils(m): 10:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
LaurelP:
We guys have been made to think that we must always do anything possible to impress the female folk. I'm not against a guy loving her babe, I'm against a guy doing silly things in order to impress a lady.

The truth is that most times, these actions come back to haunt us while, we get to regret at the end.

1. Consuming too much alcohol: most guys are guilty of this especially when trying to woo a lady or when taking her to bed. This is wrong in so many ways: it will damage your health, its a temporary measure, you most times end up misbehaving and its not a guarantee that you'll succeed in wooing or performing well in bed. Besides, the lady will know that you took something and that you lack confidence and esteem. Be yourself.

2. Spending above your means: whether its buying things you don't really need in order to look rich and fly, or spoiling the lady with things you normally should not be buying. Its wrong. I see a lot of guys do this and I keep wondering to what purpose? The worst is many of them come back to their senses when its already too late!

3. Lying: I'm not talking about the small lies guys normally tell, I'm talking about bragging to a lady about what you're not. Why tell a lady your father is Dangote's brother, or you're a Chelsea player, or you work in Shell. This will make her have high expectation from you which you would be trying to live up to.

4. Badmouthing your fellow guys: Maybe a guy that is also coming after her. Its wrong for a guy to maltreat his fellow in any way because of a lady. Whether its badmouthing, fighting or quarelling with him, its not worth it.

5. Giving your values and beliefs: Maybe you're a committed Christian or Muslim, you start backsliding or become uncommitted because she told you to. You start to abandon your loved ones and family, your studies begin to nosedive and even your job sef, you become unserious. Its a very silly thing to do because when the chips are down, those are the only things that will get you going- God, your family and loved ones and your job which will put food on your table.

6. Pretending to be who you're not: there's no need to pretend to be a bad guy if you're not. There are still ladies who values good guys. U don't need to force yourself to seem confident if you're a shy guy. People will know you're just acting it up.

Add yours please...

7. Selling your father's house: some guys might want to pretend that their dad has properties around, and so may sell their father's only flat (when they went to the village for Christmas or ileya) to take the babe for vacation in Bahamas and render his siblings homeless

3 Likes

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hehe, 3months ago I was guilty of no 1.

I was tryna woo a girl... But due to lack of confidence.. (I had confidence but the girl I was tryna woo is the governor's daughter Note)

I bought 6 satchets of squadron at #40 and consume it all up.
30mins later my confidence level increase to 98 in a scale of 100.

So I woka go knock for governor gate , the gate man komof with mark 4 gun.

As I see the gateman with the gun, I come vex shoukt am "My friend common komot da rubber water gun from my face b4 I knock u down"

All this while the girl d upstairs balcony the look me in admiration.

B4 I go turn smile lift the girl, the gate man lift me 4 head go trow 4 one nearby gotta 4 governor street.

I was so embarrassed!

1 Like

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by jaydee87(m): 11:30pm On Nov 12, 2014
jboy73:
Hehe, 3months ago I was guilty of no 1.

I was tryna woo a girl... But due to lack of confidence.. (I had confidence but the girl I was tryna woo is the governor's daughter Note)

I bought 6 satchets of squadron at #40 and consume it all up.
30mins later my confidence level increase to 98 in a scale of 100.

So I woka go knock for governor gate , the gate man komof with mark 4 gun.

As I see the gateman with the gun, I come vex shoukt am "My friend common komot da rubber water gun from my face b4 I knock u down"

All this while the girl d upstairs balcony the look me in admiration.

B4 I go turn smile lift the girl, the gate man lift me 4 head go trow 4 one nearby gotta 4 governor street.

I was so embarrassed!
sorry but have not finished the story....

3 Likes

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by chinnyonwu(m): 7:01am On Nov 13, 2014
LaurelP:

U think say I be ur mate?
no offence but hope you are gainfully employed? all u de post na how to form strong head for woman. no offence again

2 Likes

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by LaurelP(m): 7:40am On Nov 13, 2014
chinnyonwu:

no offence but hope you are gainfully employed? all u de post na how to form strong head for woman. no offence again

No its to restore d dignity of man
How u see it however is your business

2 Likes

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Nairabeezie(m): 12:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
hmmmmm

2face Idibia celebrates wife Annie as she turns 30 today
http://www.firsturl.net/1E3cc69
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
SkinnyDude:
i am telling you. very very important. i'm a shy guy. i see guys hugging, kissing and holding hands with girls. i cant do all these things. even when my female friend asked me to hug her, i couldnt. i am trying to force myself to all these things. but now, i no don change mind. i will be myself, no forming

That's the spirit....be yourself.

The intimacy will gradually come.
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by moscobabs(m): 12:27pm On Nov 13, 2014
dnt impress her with sex remember your body is God's temple grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
My name is Linus and my Babe's name is Liesther; we both lie to ourselves....No qualms grin

3 Likes

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by coolvitus(m): 12:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
Tell them oh many guys ar actually guilty of ds there by making girls becom so rigid and arrogent to d extent that when d good guy coms around they will not even knw.
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by IAMGEJ(m): 12:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
Introducing your money instead of introducing yourself.

Add it to the list!!!

1 Like

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Handsomeemmy(m): 12:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
I use to be guilty of No. 2 but not anymore, time have changed, a decision was taken by me and it has been well from there on.
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
mesoade:
Never break the GUY CODE to impress a lady.
nice modification....i wanted to quote ur other post abt wat some peeps says abt hurting a girls by telling ha the truth.
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
I have one way of impressing and making any girl I date jealous I have a lot of female friends who love spending time with me so I always answer their calls infront of her and always greet them with hugs, kiss and flirts whenever any of them wants to greet me in front of her, I do that to let her know she is not irreplaceable that despite my numerous female friends she is the chosen one but still have competitors. It makes them(girlfriends) want to outdo the other girls for my attention, call that wired but that is my style op is that among the stupid ways of impression.
undecided

1 Like

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by horladmejy(m): 12:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
See sharp guys no dey shout!! They do dere thing and live for good
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by oloworulz(m): 12:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
MayflowerB:
Showing her txt msgs from Other gurls just to make yourself look hot nd important
OR
Bragging abt hw hot ur ex girlfriend is and hw she is begging to have u back
nice one
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
Alright im learning.

In advance of pinkobsession and I on our date.
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by COvo(m): 12:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
The alcohol part,I really hate that.You'll see guys walking around with a bottle of beer in a birthday party just to impress a lady.I begin to wonder;what on earth is he thinking?

3 Likes

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by mesoade(m): 12:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
Harbosede02:
nice modification....i wanted to quote ur other post abt wat some peeps says abt hurting a girls by telling ha the truth.
Ok,and about the quondam post,what's your vendetta?
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mrfils:

7. Selling your father's house: some guys might want to pretend that their dad has properties around, and so may sell their father's only flat (when they went to the village for Christmas or ileya) to take the babe for vacation in Bahamas and render his siblings homeless

Hmmm based on a true story?
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by kachify: 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
undecided undecided[i][/i]
mesoade:
Never break the GUY CODE to impress a lady.
Which one is "GUY CODE" again?
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Darteyyyy(m): 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
I'm not adding
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by holatin(m): 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
they can't change even if you do 599 page handout.
Some guy will do anything to taste dat raw meat in d middle of a girl laps.
so leave them alone
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
How can i successfully woo a lady on Nairaland? I have sent series of PM's to several ladies including the one's i'm crushing on but they all have one thing in common. They tend to ignore my Pm's and form that hard to get attitude. This is sickening cos i'm single and searching for a lady i can build a relationship with. I have read several threads about how people met and got married through nairaland and it inspires me and i decided to try it out. Why are all the ladies on here ignoring me? Are nairaland laides insecure? Guys how do you go about getting their attention? Matured answers please cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Missmossy(f): 12:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
Makes sense cool ,i completely agree.

2 Likes

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by mesoade(m): 12:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
kachify:
undecided undecided[i][/i]Which one is "GUY CODE" again?
try goggling

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Says She Declined To Go On A Date With A Married Man, She Gets This (pics) / Very Hilarious Photo! Guys, Can You Allow This To Happen To You / Man Appears To Drown In A Swimming Pool As Sexy Ladies Take Pictures In Bikinis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.