Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' (53690 Views)

'No Guy Will Buy You N2500 Coldstone & N4000 Pizza Without Asking For Reward' / Being Broke At 25 Means You Are Poor - Lady Says. / At 25 If You Still Do These 14 Things, You May Die A Wretched Pensioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
Nigerian Girl Gets Blasted For Saying, At 25, No Guy Should Be Staying In Their Parents’ House
The guy was pained…Lol. Do you support the girl’s opinion? Read below;

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by vizkiz: 1:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
she is right. At 25 a guy should start being responsible for himself.
He be like say that nigga whey respond to her still dey live for him papa house undecided

117 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 16, 2016
Most successful men in the world today started from their father's house na
wat ever suits any one

Girls wants to b accepted with fake weaves, skin , teeth, boobs, ass, and time for guys to be at their father's house dey crying wolveline tears?

Biko wateva suits any body o

153 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Strahovski1(m): 1:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
She is right.

23 is even late undecided

That guy who commented is broke, jobless and pained

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 16, 2016
I agree but there are exceptions

Who wants to be living in their fathers house at age 25 anyways, even girls.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
I totally Agree!undecided

Like mrsphyno said..There're exceptions tho.undecided limited ones!

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by umehmj(m): 2:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
the girl forgot this is naija and not Yankee. It's easier in Yankee and almost impossible here in naija. now let's say a guy got admitted in school at 19 and spends another 4 or 5 years or even more in school. automatically that adds up to 25 or more. the ones that go into apprenticeship spends even longer period. the ones that dares to leave home at tender age are the ones you see street hawking, sleeping under the bridge and thugs at motor parks. naija hard. only very very few makes it out of home before 25

359 Likes 25 Shares

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by marveangel(m): 2:05pm On Feb 16, 2016
25? depends on a lot of things...u can't just walk out your father's house cause u are 25 when u know you don't have enough money to rent an apartment or u wan make em go dy stay under bridge.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Ragner(m): 2:06pm On Feb 16, 2016
At 20, Most Guys are still Seeking Admission to Various Tertiary institutions So How is it Possible to Start Footing there bills on there own 5Yrs After?

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Patented: 2:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
Everybody's situation is different and you have no idea what the next person is passing through or has passed through. I really hate it when people sit in their own 'lil' corner of the world and make General statements about the rest of Humanity.

271 Likes 29 Shares

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 16, 2016
How about grand fathers house. grin
Or Even grand mother.
Great grandfather nkor! smiley

*Shior*

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by cruzita(f): 2:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
I think she is right, some guys even find it hard to stay in their parents house even at the age of 21.they start looking for where to stay for more freedom because they can't get it in their parents house.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by ChappyChase: 2:42pm On Feb 16, 2016
umehmj:
the girl forgot this is naija and not Yankee. It's easier in Yankee and almost impossible here in naija. now let's say a guy got admitted in school at 19 and spends another 4 or 5 years or even more in school. automatically that adds up to 25 or more. the ones that go into apprenticeship spends even longer period. the ones that dares to leave home at tender age are the ones you see street hawking, sleeping under the bridge and thugs at motor parks. naija hard. only very very few makes it out of home before 25
You took the word right out of my mouth bro..
But there are some exceptions, like as a guy at 25 you should minimise the way you depend on your parent, we know country bad but at least you should be seeing making attempt. To me its wrong for a guy at 20 to still depend on his parent for pocket money to buy little things like recharge card, cloths, phones and some other little little things. try and minimise your dependency level to only shelter, food(which might not be always) and school fees if your are not yet through with school...
With these above points you're sure to avoid embarrassment!

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 2:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
MrsPhyno:
I agree but there are exceptions

Who wants to be living in their fathers house at age 25 anyways, even girls.

I disagree with you here bae, unless you just wanna keep up with the joneses undecided

I had a friend that was 33 and lived with his parents at that time.

he used to earn about $3,500 every two weeks after tax and would save a whole paycheck at once and use the other one to help out in the house.

now, he is married, drives a G37s and paid for his house cash, from all the savings.

yes, u may not have your privacy, but you'd have money in the bank and lots of it

unless of course the guy just wants to move out so he can be fvcking at will cheesy

173 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by ChappyChase: 2:51pm On Feb 16, 2016
cruzita:
I think she is right, some guys even find it hard to stay in their parents house even at the age of 21.they start looking for where to stay for more freedom because they can't get it in their parents house.
There are only two set of people that can do ^^^
*1) those who finished school on time and have started working(and we all know that this class of people belong to the ajebo class)
*2) those that have nothing to boast of(certificate,talent and money) and were not and can never be obedient to their parent! (And we all know this ones usually end up in the street!)

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 16, 2016
Babes and their demands.. smh ...it all depends on the circumstances surrounding the guy, maybe no money or its costly to maintain an apartment even after renting, some have the money but prefer to save it and be going to work from dad's house...
You cant just leave b'cos you've hit 25, besides, this is naija.. the economy is f*cked..
Some probably leave so early so as to have privacy and do whatever they want without mum's jamb questions and objections..

5 Likes

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by ObaKlaz: 2:57pm On Feb 16, 2016
I knew a GIRL just had to say this. A girl who's delusional and has no knowledge of the way the Nigerian society is, all because she's living in a make-believe world.

22 Likes

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 16, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

I disagree with you here bae, unless you just wanna keep up with the joneses undecided

I had a friend that was 33 and lived with his parents at that time.

he used to earn about $3,500 every two weeks after tax and would save a whole paycheck at once and use the other one to help out in the house.

now, he is married, drives a G37s and paid for his house cash, from all the savings.

yes, u may not have your privacy, but you'd have money in the bank and lots of it

unless of course the guy just wants to move out so he can be fvcking at will cheesy
Its not really about money tho. If we lived with our parents to save money we could be doing that our entire lives, there comes a time when its just appropriate to go. There's no hard and fast rule to such things sha, but 33 is wayyy too old to live with moms and pops, in my opinion. He should be married with 2 kids by then sef grin

I'm a strong believer of/in movement in life. Its always on to the next don't try to prolong any phase.

4 Likes

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by umehmj(m): 3:01pm On Feb 16, 2016
ChappyChase:

You took the word right out of my mouth bro..
But there are some exceptions, like as a guy at 25 you should minimise the way you depend on your parent, we know country bad but at least you should be seeing making attempt. To me its wrong for a guy at 20 to still depend on his parent for pocket money to buy little things like recharge card, cloths, phones and some other little little things. try and minimise your dependency level to only shelter, food(which might not be always) and school fees if your are not yet through with school...
With these above points you're sure to avoid embarrassment!

damn right you are!
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by ChappyChase: 3:11pm On Feb 16, 2016
umehmj:

damn right you are!
Man gats survive you know.

1 Like

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2016
MrsPhyno:

Its not really about money tho. If we lived with our parents to save money we could be doing that our entire lives, there comes a time when its just appropriate to go. There's no hard and fast rule to such things sha, but 33 is wayyy too old to live with moms and pops, in my opinion. He should be married with 2 kids by then sef grin

I'm a strong believer of/in movement in life. Its always on to the next don't try to prolong any phase.

I'm sorry luv, but you can't understate the importance of money, cause in this life, it's God, Love and then money.

You don't have to stay put forever, just until you are secure, or you get married.

now, let's juxtapose my friend with other 33 year olds at the time. other people were still paying rents of like $800, myself included, forming big boys and laughing at this dude living with his parents, while he kept saving and eventually paid cash for his house.

I don't know if you realize the significance of paying cash for a house and not a mortgage at 33? A house of $160,000, with no bank loans whatsoever.

The dude was pretty much set!

It pays to be wise men and that dude was ultra wise, shunned his critics, put his head down and just kept saving and driving a hopty.

now, guess he's laughing last.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 16, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

I'm sorry luv, but you can't understate the importance of money, cause in this life, it's God, Love and then money.

You don't have to stay put forever, just until you are secure, or you get married.

now, let's juxtapose my friend with other 33 year olds at the time. other people were still paying rents of like $800, myself included, forming big boys and laughing at this dude living with his parents, while he kept saving and eventually paid cash for his house.

I don't know if you realize the significance of paying cash for a house and not a mortgage at 33? A house of $160,000, with no bank loans whatsoever.

The dude was pretty much set!

It pays to be wise men and that dude was ultra wise, shunned his critics, put his head down and just kept saving and driving a hopty.

now, guess he's laughing last.
Lol how very patronizing of you. I mean to each their own, but like I said it's not real about forming big boy or whatever. To me, it's about doing the right thing at the right time and I just fundamentally disagree with the idea of anyone who's over 30 living with their parents. Unless for some particular unique reasons. Thank goodness your friend eventually got married, he was pushing the "limit" o IMO

1 Like

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2016
Estharfabian:
I totally Agree!undecided

Like mrsphyno said..There're exceptions tho.undecided limited ones!
i can't send mail, maybe i'll try later in d night.
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by afrkanP: 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2016
Guess its different strokes for different folks, living at home gives the opportunity to save but at the same time can hinder or limit privacy.

If you can save the money then you can celebrate your wedding like the videos on this website or even better

Watch the videos on the website, great example of how weddings should be celebrated. smiley

http://thevows.co.uk/
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by PeterPius: 4:58pm On Feb 16, 2016
Shatttap there jor
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by rheether(f): 4:58pm On Feb 16, 2016
At 25. some guys are still looking for admission.

16 Likes

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Wendyslim(f): 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2016
I dont think dats gud enuf. He can be alone if only he has obtain his degree at dat age

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Shortyy(f): 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2016
Hmm

1 Like

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Harmored(m): 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
If they don't have money or work where do you want them to go to see stupid talk self

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by umehmj(m): 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
ChappyChase:
Man gats survive you know.
most def...
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 16, 2016
She is right,if minimum adult age is 18,then a guy who is 25 shouldnt be in his parents house after 7years of being an adult..

2 Likes

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Beno3: 5:01pm On Feb 16, 2016
OK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 Zimbawean Prostitutes Strip Man Unclad On New Year's Day For Failing To Pay / Check Out This Romantic Picture Of A Caring Boyfriend / 10 Strict Behaviours Ladies Display That Makes Their Future Husbands Run Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.