Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,765 members, 7,813,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Cracked Up Dash Board (lexus 330) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cracked Up Dash Board (lexus 330) (3175 Views)

Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 / Chrysler Pacifica Dash Board Display Horrible! / What Does The ABS Sign On Dash Board Means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cracked Up Dash Board (lexus 330) by obitryce(m): 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2014
Please can any one help me with ideas of solving this issue thanks
Re: Cracked Up Dash Board (lexus 330) by AutosBay(m): 7:24pm On Nov 14, 2014
I will say that this is NOT common on your vehicle, the main times I see this issue is after a dash is "repaired" when an air bag is depolyed on the passenger side after a collision, the dash is constructed of a thick hard plastic material, then it has a slight insulation layer before the soft vinyl cover is applied, if the top layer of the dash is cracking or seperating then your options are limited here, you can basically have the dash repaired or replaced, there are interior vinyl repair companies that cater to dealerships and owners to correct issues like this, basically they recoat the current dash and then recolor the repairs to match factory coloring or if you replace the dash it would accomplish the same thing, replacing a dash is EXTREMELY expensive however here. Once these start to split they act similar to a crack in a windshield, the crack will continue to expand.
Re: Cracked Up Dash Board (lexus 330) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 14, 2014
obitryce:
Please can any one help me with ideas of solving this issue thanks

There's no such car named lexus 330. Besides, a picture of the crack would help better clarifying and understanding your 'lexus 330's' situation.
Re: Cracked Up Dash Board (lexus 330) by AutosBay(m): 10:26pm On Nov 14, 2014
@ Lomomike are you sure Lexus RX 330 does not exist?

Re: Cracked Up Dash Board (lexus 330) by lonelydora: 10:36pm On Nov 14, 2014
Common with All the Rx series. Cracked leather seat, cracked dashboard. Almost all I have seen have this issue.
Re: Cracked Up Dash Board (lexus 330) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 14, 2014
AutosBay:
@ Lomomike are you sure Lexus RX 330 does not exist?

There are various lexus models with the '330' designation. There's the RX330, ES330, IS330. So let OP be specific.

3 Likes

Re: Cracked Up Dash Board (lexus 330) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 14, 2014
lonelydora:
Common with All the Rx series. Cracked leather seat, cracked dashboard. Almost all I have seen have this issue.

That statement is exaggerated. I've seen a lot of RX without cracked dash. Infact when I went to purchase my lexus, all the lexus I inspected didn't have any such cracks.

1 Like

Re: Cracked Up Dash Board (lexus 330) by colossus2: 1:38am On Nov 15, 2014
lonelydora:
Bro are you sure of this?
I use an RX but non of these are cracked tongue

1 Like

Re: Cracked Up Dash Board (lexus 330) by obitryce(m): 7:49am On Nov 15, 2014
Thank you all for your contributions & to be specific it's an RX 330.

Re: Cracked Up Dash Board (lexus 330) by colossus2: 8:00am On Nov 15, 2014
obitryce:
Hmmm...I understand cracks on armrest but this one for your dashboard so, you no sure say na person peel that part lipsrsealed
Re: Cracked Up Dash Board (lexus 330) by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 15, 2014
obitryce:

Judging from the picture, looks more like human induced factor (no offence pls) because the ones I've read online are line cracks on the dashboard towards the top side. However, you could choose two options here.

1* to import a whole dashboard fascia (mind you, they don't come cheap).

2* to go to PH, where a guy does camry dashboard re-surfacing. There's a thread on that, (I can't vouch for the proper working of airbags if such resurfacing occurs). This is the thread. www.nairaland.com/1943394/2008-camry-dashboard

Question for you bro: how did this occur, did you use chemicals such as dashboard cleaners, washing detergents, dashboard polishers, or do you always park in open spaces even in hot sunny weather?
Re: Cracked Up Dash Board (lexus 330) by obitryce(m): 9:51am On Nov 15, 2014
@ Lomomike your thread was quite helpful thanks a million.

1 Like

Re: Cracked Up Dash Board (lexus 330) by princeyakub: 7:07am On May 03, 2016
My Toyota Sienna 2004 model dashboard cracked, please where can I get it fixed in Nigeria. This is dashboard crack is given me serious concern. I need some one to assist me on this.

(1) (Reply)

Most Underrated Sport Cars / Reconstructed Exhaust Muffler, How Safe? / Engine Oil For Power Steering???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.