Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,878 members, 7,813,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

May God Bless My Elder Brother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / May God Bless My Elder Brother (6968 Views)

Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. / Ladies! Shey Na Wetin U Na Dey Pass Through Be This? God Bless My Mother Ooooo / I Mistakenly Impregnated My Elder Sister—man, 25, Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

May God Bless My Elder Brother by Nobody: 5:49am On Nov 16, 2014
So I woke up early in the morning about to pray for my immediate Elder Brother. God gave an angel to my mum grin.
I don't think anyone can boast of having a. Wonderful sibling like my brother.
From our childhood days (though we can fight well o cheesy) till now, he has been a gift to my family especially me.
Since my dad left to a better place 2 years ago my bro assumed the responsiblity of a dad to all of us and I must say he is doing a great job.

Though my dad laid a good foundation for him (financially), he managed everything well.
He doesn't womnize, he is hardworking, selfless, humble, good christian, cheerful, kind, caring, takes life easy, good sense of humor and very very responsible. He has always been a support to all of us (siblings) financially, morally, etc.
He Knows what to say at the right Time and what to say to lift one up From a depressed situation.

Though I know its quite difficult for a wife to forget her husband but my mum does not lack anything. He is always there for her, encouraging her and making life easy for her.
Lol, infact he keeps intouch with all of us and being with him, no dull moments. grin

Please forgive me for the epistle, I can't help but to be grateful to Godfor giving me a good brother. One day I believe when I am in the position to help, I will do so wholeheartedly. I pray God blesses my brother and keep him safe.
Do you have a wonderful sister, brother, friend? Pray for him/her here.

36 Likes

Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by Nobody: 5:55am On Nov 16, 2014
adonbeliveit...
Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by bigiyaro(m): 6:33am On Nov 16, 2014
OP, i think God photocopied my elder brother for you. I want to add that mine is not a full man, he is half man- half amazing.

1 Like

Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by Enoquin(f): 7:10am On Nov 16, 2014
smiley God bless every good brother out there. My two younger brothers are wonderful. I nearly opened a thread to praise their acts but I didn't want bad belles spoiling the thread tongue. I might open a diary though cause then maybe others might learn and be better - elder or younger -brothers.
I also want to say that laying a good foundation also matters. My parents have done their best in raising a good foundation and I capitalised on that.
OP, I am sure that a good foundation was laid too which is what he has built his character on.
Goes to show the importance of a good home, which consists of sane parents who then pass a bit of sanity down to their children.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by 1mindchrisr(f): 10:41am On Nov 16, 2014
hv wonderfull brothers too good
but i pray my elder brother will stop womanising i knw his galfrnds are cool with it
but i pray he changes

@op
nothing sweeter than families understanding n to suport each other
may God continue to do so IJN
Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
Op. its good to be appreciative of what someone has.. I joined you to pray God increases him in everything he does..

My elder brothers too have been amazing too,though I can say everyone in my family is kind of self-reliant,but in term of seeing to mum's welfare,everybody is awesome..I know my mum won't regret having us as her children..

So may God bless us good people on this earth.

3 Likes

Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
Enoquin:
smiley God bless every good brother out there. My two younger brothers are wonderful. I nearly opened a thread to praise their acts but I didn't want bad belles spoiling the thread tongue. I might open a diary though cause then maybe others might learn and be better - elder or younger -brothers.
I also want to say that laying a good foundation also matters. My parents have done their best in raising a good foundation and I capitalised on that.
OP, I am sure that a good foundation was laid too which is what he has built his character on.
Goes to show the importance of a good home, which consists of sane parents who then pass a bit of sanity down to their children.
True, parents should be held responsible for the kind of relationships that exists amongst sibling.
Good foundation must be laid.

2 Likes

Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
Yomieluv:
Op. its good to be appreciative of what someone has.. I joined you to pray God increases him in everything he does..

My elder brothers too have been amazing too,though I can say everyone in my family is kind of self-reliant,but in term of seeing to mum's welfare,everybody is awesome..I know my mum won't regret having us as her children..

So may God bless us good people on this earth.
The Joy of any parent when they see their children living nd relating in peace and love is inexplanable. That is what we owe them for raising us right.
God bless our parents too...
Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
3cycle:

The Joy of any parent when they see their children living nd relating in peace and love is inexplanable. That is what we owe them for raising us right.
God bless our parents too...
you can say that again..
Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 16, 2014
What does it feel like to have a brother?
Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by ilori1930(m): 3:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
Zeemoor:
What does it feel like to have a brother?
Its very cool if that brother in question is a great guy, but not so cool if otherwise. I have both kind as siblings. While I enjoy and appreciate one, I just accept accept the other and pray for him as well.
I can say, categorically, while some of the responsibilties of moulding a child's character rest on parents, the bulk of it is in child's hand. The same parents trained and tutored all of us, but one is certainly different.

2 Likes

Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by patholaw: 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2014
ilori1930:

Its very cool if that brother in question is a great guy, but not so cool if otherwise. I have both kind as siblings. While I enjoy and appreciate one, I just accept accept the other and pray for him as well.
I can say, categorically, while some of the responsibilties of moulding a child's character rest on parents, the bulk of it is in child's hand. The same parents trained and tutored all of us, but one is certainly different.
in wat way(s) is dat 1 different?
Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by ilori1930(m): 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
patholaw:

in wat way(s) is dat 1 different?
I will just leave out the details for now... it will proobably be a topic for another day. But the point I want to make is that parenting is not the sole determinant of a child's character. Even after God had created us and given us instructions, He still gave us the power of choice. Some repeated choice(s) of the actions we take build up to become our character

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2014
You haven't answered my question
How cool is 'very cool'? grin
ilori1930:

Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by ilori1930(m): 7:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
Zeemoor:
You haven't answered my question
How cool is 'very cool'? grin
To know that you have someone to always count on when you are in trouble, especially those ones that won't go down well should dad gets to know about it, and he always got your back. Cool to have someone teleguiding you at crucial stages in life; telling you about the mistakes he had made and advice on how to avoid such mistakes (at least not the same mistakes he had made). Another cool part is having your big bro fill your pocket with some cash and he tells you "I have been there; I know how it feels..."
I do hope I have answered your question now wink

2 Likes

Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by SUV(f): 7:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
My hubby's elder brothers r so selfish and only cares about their own immediate family. When my hubby was down financially one of them that's a bank manager refused to assist him wit small loan and even warned his colleague (who my hubby aprroached) not to give my hubby cos my hubby maynot be able to pay him bk on time that he shld not tk that risk. His colleague told my hubby n my hubby wept bitterly.

That's even d least of it. The eldest brother is stinkinly rich but they don't even ask us whether we hv food to eat or if d children r ok. Thank God I hv a good job that catered for us throughout those tough times. My hubby is getting bk on his feet again. The sisters r d worst inlaws ever. They only criticise whatever I do or say.

Everything boils down to parents shaa. But me I hv never placed any hope on anyone. And am so happy God has bn sustaining us.

On my side, we hv only one brother and we pamper d wife and spoil her silly. My bros love us too.

6 Likes

Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
cool
ilori1930:

To know that you have someone to always count on when you are in trouble, especially those ones that won't go down well should dad gets to know about it, and he always got your back. Cool to have someone teleguiding you at crucial stages in life; telling you about the mistakes he had made and advice on how to avoid such mistakes (at least not the same mistakes he had made). Another cool part is having your big bro fill your pocket with some cash and he tells you "I have been there; I know how it feels..."
I do hope I have answered your question now wink
Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by Brite02(m): 9:08am On Nov 17, 2014
3cycle:
So I woke up early in the morning about to pray for my immediate Elder Brother. God gave an angel to my mum grin.
From our childhood days (though we can fight well o cheesy) till now, he has been a gift to my family especially me.
Since my dad left to a better place 2 years ago my bro assumed the responsiblity of a dad to all of us and I must say he is doing a great job.

Though my dad laid a good foundation for him (financially), he managed everything well.
He doesn't womnize, he is hardworking, selfless, humble, good christian, cheerful, kind, caring, takes life easy, good sense of humor and very very responsible. He has always been a support to all of us (siblings) financially, morally, etc.
He Knows what to say at the right Time and what to say to lift one up From a depressed situation.

Though I know its quite difficult for a wife to forget her husband but my mum does not lack anything. He is always there for her, encouraging her and making life easy for her.
Lol, infact he keeps intouch with all of us and being with him, no dull moments. grin

Please forgive me for the epistle, I can't help but to be grateful to Godfor giving me a good brother. One day I believe when I am in the position to help, I will do so wholeheartedly. I pray God blesses my brother and keep him safe.

ADVERTISEMENT.
Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by pickabeau1: 9:18am On Nov 17, 2014
3cycle

Nice one

Just a question though

Have u met any nice man aside your brother in this life

2 Likes

Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 17, 2014
pickabeau1:
3cycle

Nice one

Just a question though

Have u met any nice man aside your brother in this life
Why do you ask?
Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by pickabeau1: 12:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
3cycle:

Why do you ask?

Just asking...

at times you get the feeling here that naija guys are no good except female posters' family members
Remember one's brother is another female's boyfy/husband/ etc

1 Like

Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 17, 2014
pickabeau1:

Just asking...

at times you get the feeling here that naija guys are no good except female posters' family members
Remember one's brother is another female's boyfy/husband/ etc

Ofcourse I've met nice guys and great ppl.
Don't tell me you allow what they say affect you in here?
Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by pickabeau1: 1:28pm On Nov 17, 2014
3cycle:

Ofcourse I've met nice guys and great ppl.
Don't tell me you allow what they say affect you in here?

No...it doesnt
Im more concerned about impressionable young women who believe it and thus attract the same kind of people they dont want thus perpertuating a self fulfilling prophecy

Preach the word..
Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by bukatyne(f): 2:58pm On Nov 17, 2014
@OP:

Nice one

1 Like

Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by zeb04(f): 3:03pm On Nov 17, 2014
God bless the op's brother

God gave me the most wonderful, strong,beautiful,easy going,funny,warm,amazing and selfless dad
I couldn't have asked for more

Just a bad thing he dosnt have a clone.

1 Like

Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by veave(f): 6:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
SUV:
My hubby's elder brothers r so selfish and only cares about their own immediate family. When my hubby was down financially one of them that's a bank manager refused to assist him wit small loan and even warned his colleague (who my hubby aprroached) not to give my hubby cos my hubby maynot be able to pay him bk on time that he shld not tk that risk. His colleague told my hubby n my hubby wept bitterly.

That's even d least of it. The eldest brother is stinkinly rich but they don't even ask us whether we hv food to eat or if d children r ok. Thank God I hv a good job that catered for us throughout those tough times. My hubby is getting bk on his feet again. The sisters r d worst inlaws ever. They only criticise whatever I do or say.

Everything boils down to parents shaa. But me I hv never placed any hope on anyone. And am so happy God has bn sustaining us.

On my side, we hv only one brother and we pamper d wife and spoil her silly. My bros love us too.

Its well. Dont worry. Everything will be fine.

1 Like

Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by veave(f): 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
3cycle:

It shows you are a good person too. For being appreciative. God blews your family.

My siblings are wonderful people. We watch each others back. My parente are the best on earth. I couldnt have asked for better.

God bless you good old dad. Love you mum. *icallhersister* may your days be long on earth and may smiles continue to follow you both everywere. Amen

1 Like

Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by tpia5: 6:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
no family consists of only angels and likewise no family consists solely of devils.

1 Like

Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by amtheone(m): 9:25am On Nov 25, 2014
Brite02:

ADVERTISEMENT.

Why are you like this?
Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by Enkaynwa(f): 1:25pm On Nov 25, 2014
Nice one Op.. God bless your brother

I think i have the 'bestest' big brother in this world. I cant imagine my life without you..
I hav a wonderful younger bro too. My two lovely sisters.. i lack words to say how much you both mean to me.....forever sisters.

I owe you all my life

1 Like

Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by fovic: 3:51pm On Nov 25, 2014
My eldest broda is d best, he is my hero n role model, gush I'm so proud to be his sista. He deny himself so many good tins just to see us tru school. We lost our dad at a very tender age wt huge dept to pay yet he struggle 2 survive n God was wt him. I pray God bless us n sustain us to assist him too.
Re: May God Bless My Elder Brother by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 26, 2014
In every family, there's always the good and the not-so-good. But what makes one a great family member is your ability to relate well with both the good and the not-so-good. In my own family, my elder sister is the pilar, because being the first child, she laid a solid foundation for us to follow.
While my elder brother is selfish and cares less about others provided he's satisfied. I don't hate him though, just see him as one of his kind.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help...i Am Finished!contemplating Abortion At Five Months / Which Type Of Condoms Gives The Most Pleasure During Sex? / Issues With My Help. Advice Needed!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.