Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,930 members, 7,956,496 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:53 PM

19Ebisco's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 19Ebisco's Profile / 19Ebisco's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (of 7 pages)

Politics / Federal Government Warns Politicians Against Electoral Violence by 19Ebisco: 9:10am On Sep 12, 2018
The Federal Government has issued a warning to politicians and supporters of political parties to desist from using thugs to instigate violence during the 2019 general elections.

This was contained in a statement by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior, Dr. Muhammad Umar.

According to Umar, government would not “fold its arms and watch the country get thrown into chaos by politicians who are desperate to win.

“Security agencies have been directed to ensure adequate security of lives and property during and even before the general elections in line with the policy direction of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.

“President Buhari is committed to free and fair elections in 2019 and this can only be possible if politicians give peace a chance by avoiding all forms of political thuggery and violence in their struggle to get elected,” he said.

The minister also warned that there will be arrest and prosecution of anyone caught in the possession of any type of weapons during the elections or rallies.

“Youths in the country should not allow themselves to be used by desperate politicians who want power at all cost and may influence them into political thuggery and violence over little gratification, to the detriment of their future.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/federal-government-warns-politicians.html

Celebrities / Nicki Minaj Breaks Silence On Fight With Cardi B by 19Ebisco: 7:39am On Sep 11, 2018
Nicki Minaj has finally broken her silence after her rap rival Cardi B attacked her at the New York Fashion Week party last Friday.

DAILY POST on Saturday reported that Cardi B aggressively approached Nicki, hauled shoe at her over comments about her daughter, Kulture.

Speaking on the incident, Cardi B explained why she fought with Nicki.

However, Nicki finally addressing the incident on Monday said she was left ‘humiliated’ by her fight with Cardi B.

Speaking during Monday’s episode of her Queen radio show on Apple Music’s Beats 1, she said: ‘The other night I was a part of something so mortifying, so humiliating to go through in front of upper echelon people – it’s not about black or white – people who have their lives together.”

The rapper insisted that she did not speak ill of Cardi’s daughter, adding that if Cardi keeps fighting with people, she could ‘die.’

“I was mortified, I could not believe how humiliated I felt how ‘we’ loosely made ourselves look. I would never discuss anyone’s child. It’s so sad for someone to pin that on me.

“I would never talk about anyone’s child’s or parenting, I don’t give a shit. It’s so crazy to me that people always need to make Onika the bad guy. if you’re right in whatever you’re doing, you don’t ever have to make someone into the bad guy.

“You know I didn’t say or never did talk about anyone’s child. I am not a clown, that’s clown s**t.

“You put your hands on certain people you gonna die. PERIOD. And you all sitting here making this shit a joke? I’m not the b**es in the strip club and I’m not a b*** on a reality show. My money is very f**king long.’

“I just want people to know that Onika Tanya Maraj has never, will never speak ill on anyone’s child. I am not a clown,” Minaj maintained.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/nicki-minaj-breaks-silence-on-fight.html

Celebrities / See Why Actress Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Return To Her First Love by 19Ebisco: 7:12am On Sep 10, 2018
Movie producer, actress and mother of four, Omotola has hinted on her plan to pick up her already abandoned musical career. Star actress Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde has disclosed that she’ll be returning to the music studio soon.

She made this known in an interview with Punch‘s Ademola Olonilua of Saturday Beats.

When asked if she’ll revisit her music career, she said: "You can call that my first love if you want.

I know a lot of people get shocked when I say that I love singing more than acting, but that is just the truth and I would have to speak my truth.

I know that people think I have not ‘blown’ (made it big) as a singer so they expect me to just say acting is my love, but I would shock the world soon."

She responded with “Oh! Of course.” when asked if her last statement meant she’ll be returning to the studio soon.

On why she took a break from Nollywood: "I was focusing on some other things which were based on building.

I felt that it was the right time for the stakeholders in the industry to begin to invest in the industry aside from producing movies. My first love was not producing movies.

I like real estate and I studied Estate Management. I actually do real estate as a business and I thought about how I could merge real estate and entertainment.
That is what I wanted to do.

I wanted to do real estate in entertainment and that is what I fell back into.

I just want to get properties and begin to think of the process of building cinemas, film studios or film villages."

On how she feels after winning AMVCA Best Actress: "I can’t capture the way I feel about winning the AMVCA award in one word.

I feel like I have stayed away for so long and the project that I took was worth coming back for. It was a labour of love and it was really hard to do that project.

Right now, it just feels great that I did the right thing and hopefully, I would find projects that would challenge me and would even be better than that."

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/see-why-actress-omotola-jalade-ekeinde.html

Politics / Ibeju Lekki Residents Lament As They Lose Valuables Worth Millions Of Naira To F by 19Ebisco: 8:01am On Sep 09, 2018
Some Ibeju Lekki residents have cried out after they lost valuables worth millions of Naira to flood caused by persistent rainfall, coupled with poor drainage facilities in the community.

Some of the Ibeju Lekki residents, in interviews with News Agency of Nigeria, said the early morning downpour left several roads and homes in the area flooded.

Mr Luqman Balogun, a member of the Community Development Association, in Ibeju-Lekki, said that it had been a long time since the community witnessed such torrential rain.

“We can neither go to the office nor stay at home comfortably now as many of our valuables are already destroyed by a flood.

“I never believed we could be sacked by flood because we live in a predominantly sandy environment, due to our proximity to the ocean.“What I have observed now is that there are no working drainage channels in Ibeju-Lekki, as we have in other parts of Lagos State,’’ he said.

Balogun mentioned some of the areas affected by the flood included Kajola, Majek first-gate area, Lakowe, Eleko, Oribanwa and Awoyaya, among several others.

According to him, the flooding has affected commercial businesses in the community, including the hospitality sector.

“I am a hotel operator. We hotel owners are also complaining of low patronage due to bad roads, epileptic power supply, the absence of a functional drainage system and other issues.

“Despite all the challenges, government is still giving us estimated taxes and ridiculous bills.

“We have not been enjoying any infrastructure in this community, yet we pay our taxes and there is virtually no serious encouragement from government,’’ he said.Also, Mr Seyi Bakare, a resident, decried the poor condition of the Ibeju/Lekki expressway.

He noted that the major road in the area had started to develop several portholes, thereby causing some traffic bottlenecks on the expressway
Bakare added that the journey from the Ajah axis to Epe/Ibeju -Lekki which ought to take about 45 minutes now lasts about an hour-and-a-half.

Another resident, Mr Lanre Solution, appealed to the Lagos State government to fix the Lekki/Epe Expressway, which he said, was the major road linking Ibeju/Lekki to Epe.

He said that adequate maintenance of the road would enhance business activities in the area.

Mrs Bola Fadahunsi, another resident, lamented that the bad roads and flooding were causing a lot of damage to the vehicles of residents, costing them more money to maintain.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/ibeju-lekki-residents-lament-as-they.html

Politics / PDP Vs APC: What Turaki Told Fayose In Ekiti by 19Ebisco: 7:44am On Sep 08, 2018
A Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential aspirant, Kabiru Tanimu Turaki, SAN, met with the Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose, delegates and other leaders of the state chapter on Friday.

Turaki vowed that he and others will deploy their legal skill to reclaim the party’s governorship victory in Ekiti State.

He condemned the deployment of 30,000 security personnel by the All Progressives Congress (APC) led federal government, noting that a similar show of force could not be deployed to tackle the Boko Haram insurgency and other security challenges.

The former Minister of Special Duties and Intergovernmental Affairs similarly condemned the invasion of the residence of one of Nigeria’s elder statesmen, Chief Edwin Clark by police officers.

“We have never had a government that is so despotic, divisive and discriminatory as the Buhari Administration,” Turaki noted.

“We will address the issue of state police. As part of our determination to address the principle of restructuring from various perspectives such as true federalism, fiscal federalism, devolution of power, resource control, statism and regionalism.

“We need a president with such qualities; a person who can relate easily with other world leaders in terms of knowledge; a person who has no excess baggage of corruption or any other character deficiencies and who will make Nigerians proud. I am that person. I am fit, strong and ready to go,” he added.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/pdp-vs-apc-what-turaki-told-fayose-in.html

Celebrities / Samklef Joins Harrysong, Confesses He Is Emotionally Distressed by 19Ebisco: 10:33pm On Sep 07, 2018
Nigerian producer, Samklef has cried out to fans for help him over some emotional problems.

This is coming 48 hours after a popular singer, Harrysong had got fans worried after he penned a suicide note due to depression.

His Management, Alterplate Record Label has, however, assured fans that arrangements had been made to provide Harrysong psychological help.

Similarly, Samklef on Friday took to his Instagram page, seeking help over his situation.

According to him, he has been battling with an emotional problem since he was 11-years-old.

Samklef wrote: “I need Emotional counselling; it’s eating me deep. I’ve been going through this problem since I was 11 years old.”

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/samklef-joins-harrysong-confesses-he-is.html

Politics / What Ibori Said About Uduaghan’s Defection To APC by 19Ebisco: 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2018
Former governor of Delta State, Jams Ibori has finally spoken on the defection of Emmanuel Uduaghan from the Peoples Democratic Party to All Progressives Congress, APC.

Former Minister of Information, Professor Sam Oyovbaire , while quoting Ibori said he felt sorry for Uduaghan following his defection to APC.

Ibori asked those close to Uduaghan to pray for him. Oyovbaire told Vanguard in Asaba on Friday.

Oyovbaire said: “The second day Dr. Uduaghan showed up at the APC caucus meeting in Abuja, I was with Chief Ibori, we had opportunity to discuss about Uduaghan, believe you me, what he told me, I have no cause not to believe him, he said he was sorry for his older cousin for leaving PDP.

“He said to quote him that we should just pray for him, let him go, which meant that he may have done some works, but I was not part of that work, so I will tell you that I have every cause to believe that Ibori is very much is with us.

“The day we were having this conversation, his daughter, who had bought her form in PDP was going around for consultation to appreciate the leaders of Ethiope East PDP, particularly in Mosogar and Jesse axis, so all evidence points that James Ibori is with us. He felt bad, I am not sure that he is happy that Uduaghan had to go and that was why he said please help me pray for him.”

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/what-ibori-said-about-uduaghans.html

Politics / 2019: Shehu Sani Reacts To Adoption Of Indirect Primaries By Kaduna APC by 19Ebisco: 5:43pm On Sep 06, 2018
The Senator representing Kaduna Central, Shehu Sani has insisted that direct system of primaries remains the best option for the All Progressives Congress, APC, to ensure that popular and credible candidates emerge for the party to be victorious in the 2019 general elections.

He asserted that, “The safest, fairest and best thing is for us to throw this thing open if you are not afraid of the people that you are aspiring to represent, subject yourself to election by them.”
Reacting to the stand of the state APC going for indirect primaries in the state in ensuring the emergence of its candidates in the 2019 general elections, Sani told newsmen in Kaduna that “The position taken by the party today is a request to the national secretariat of the party. We have also made our position very clear so it is left for the national secretariat to take a position.”

He added, “The party has just concluded the state executive committee meeting at which they read out a resolution that they prefer the indirect method in the forthcoming primary elections. Well, that is the state’s position and not the final say, national headquarters required that every states executive committees must submit a written request signed by state’s executive committee members, critical stakeholders as well as aspirants to various offices in the state.

“So far, out of these three categories of people, the state executive committee has taken its own stand, it’s left for critical stakeholders and aspirants to state their own position on this matter.”

The lawmaker explained that indirect primary was simply about fear of the people, adding that, “You don’t want to subject yourself to the people. It is the very fact that APC cannot change the political landscape of Nigeria by adopting a system of cash and carry.

“You pay to be elected, that must be fought if we want to instill discipline and orderliness in our democratic system if we must make it possible to men of honour, principles and ideas to trump up into office through a credible and transparent process,” he observed.

Also reacting to the position taken by the party in the state, a senatorial aspirant in the APC, Sani Saleh said, “As an aspirant to the office of Senator for Kaduna Central senatorial district, I do not agree to indirect method of conducting the primaries because of obvious reasons.

“One of the reasons is the manner in which the congresses were conducted. It was conducted in such a way that certain individuals were given the opportunity to select the entire executive members from every wards and local government areas in the state. It was not free and fair so I don’t think I will be doing justice to myself, to subject myself to general election under that condition.

“The second aspect is that there is litigation on the conduct of the congresses and if I subject myself to an election under this condition and I am elected by illegal excos then the whole thing will be an exercise in futility because it can be nullified by the court.”

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/2019-shehu-sani-reacts-to-adoption-of.html

Crime / Armed Robbers Rob Gtbank In Cross River by 19Ebisco: 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2018
Four suspected armed robbers have been arrested while robbing Guaranty Trust Bank (GT Bank) at the Cattle Ranch in Obudu Local Government Area of Cross River State.
The suspects, led by one James Udofia, a graduate of the Cross River University of Technology, CRUTECH, were caught by some members of the Ranch Youths.

An eyewitness, who gave his name as Matthew, said Udofia, who is also known as Junior, is a native of Akwa Ibom State.

He said the suspects were later handed over to the police after they had been thoroughly beaten.

“The young man named Udofia James and his gang attacked GT Bank, Obudu Cattle Ranch on Sunday morning being September 2nd, 2018 but unfortunate for them, they were apprehended by the youths.

“And I say bravo to the Ranch Youths after which they handed them over to the police. They were four of them”, he said.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Irene Ugbo confirmed the incident and said, “The suspects are in our custody and the Ranch Youths did well.

“Instead of committing the Jungle Justice crime, the Ranch Youths handed them over to the Police which is the right thing to do.

“I am glad the people are beginning to know that it is unlawful to take the laws into their hands.”

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/armed-robbers-rob-gtbank-in-cross-river.html

1 Like 1 Share

Celebrities / SO ENDOWED! Toolz Puts Her Massive Assets On Display… And Guys On Social Media C by 19Ebisco: 10:21am On Sep 04, 2018
Toolz Oniru is back guys! Your popular radio/TV host and curvy model has been missing in action for a while now, she has decided to make a grande comeback with some nice teasing photos for her fans, peep the photos below:

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/so-endowed-toolz-puts-her-massive.html

Politics / Tears As 100-year-old Church Collapses In Delta State by 19Ebisco: 8:18am On Sep 03, 2018
There was pandemonium in Adagbrasa-Ugolo community, in the Okpe Local Government Area of Delta State on Sunday after a church, St. Paul Catholic Church, collapsed.

While an 11-year-old boy was confirmed dead, no fewer than 15 others reportedly sustained varying degrees of injury.

At the scene of the incident, it was gathered that,
the walls of the 100-year-old church started falling while parishioners were waiting for the priest to commence mass around 7am.

The deceased, identified as Jeffrey Jackson, who had successfully escaped from the church hall, was later trapped while reportedly fleeing to a safer place.

The injured, among which were octogenarians, were said to have been rushed to the Orerokpe General Hospital and another private hospital in the headquarters of the council.

They were all said to be in good condition when The Punch visited both hospitals with the state Commissioner for Works, Chief James Augoye, who led a government delegation to the scene of the collapse on Sunday.

A witness and vice chairman of the church, Mr Daniel Agiri, said the incident occurred after the foundation of a new structure to expand the church gave way.

Agiri noted that worshippers had concluded rosary and morning prayers before the incident happened, adding that over 100 persons were inside the church at the time.

He said, “We were about to commence mass when we noticed a crack on the wall of the building from the altar. The incident happened rapidly. We are happy that the seminarian, who was to conduct mass, had not started. The moment the building started falling, everyone ran to safety. We lost one person and 15 persons got injured.

“We have recovered the deceased’s body from the rubble. Jeffery was a primary four pupil. My son’s leg was also broken. Some of the injured persons are in their 80s. A doctor told us that they were in stable condition.”

Agiri pleaded with the state government and the Warri Catholic Diocese to erect a new building for them to worship, adding that they were planning for the centenary celebration of the church when tragedy struck.

Augoye, who said he was representing the state Governor, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa, told The Punch after paying a condolence visit to the father of the deceased that the state government would investigate the cause of the incident.

The commissioner, after making a cash donation at the Orerokpe General Hospital, assured the victims that the government would also settle their medical bills.

He directed the hospital management to give prompt treatment to the injured.

The state governor, Okowa, while reacting to the building collapse in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Charles Aniagwu, described the incident as “sad and unfortunate.”

He said, “The church is a 100-year-old building and, in an attempt to rebuild and expand the church, the old church building collapsed as a result of heavily soaked water occasioned by the weight of worshippers who leaned against the walls while the early morning mass was on.

“While we pledge to pay the cost of treatment of the injured, people must ensure they seek necessary approvals before construction of buildings, particularly public structures, to avoid incidents like this.

“On behalf of the government and people of Delta State, I commiserate with the family of the deceased; the injured; the Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly; the Chairman of the Okpe Local Government Area, Chief Julius Scott; the Orodje of Okpe, HRM Orhue 1, Major Gen. Felix Mujakperuo (retd.); and the entire Ugolo community in Okpe Kingdom, on the unfortunate incident.

“It is our prayer that the soul of the deceased will rest in peace, and that the injured will experience quick recovery. Our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with the people of Ugolo in Okpe Kingdom over this tragedy.”

The state Commissioner of Police, Muhammad Mustafa, said the dead and the injured had been evacuated from the scene of the incident.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/tears-as-100-year-old-church-collapses.html

Politics / Just In! 14 People Die Due To Flooding In Different Parts Of Niger State by 19Ebisco: 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2018
Garba Salisu the Director of Relief, Niger State Emergency Management Agency, has said 14 people lost their lives due to flooding in different parts of the state on Saturday.

He spoke to NAN, on Saturday in Minna, noting that at least 200 local divers had been engaged to assist in rescue efforts. He said the local divers would complement the efforts of the state emergency agency, whenever the need arose.

He highlighted ways to tackle flooding, and appealed to residents to desist from building on waterways and stop indiscriminate dumping of refusee.

He also urged communities experiencing gully erosion to relocate whenever the threat of flood became high.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/just-in-14-people-die-due-to-flooding.html

Celebrities / Bambam Trolled On Instagram For Her AMVCA Dress by 19Ebisco: 1:59pm On Sep 02, 2018
In a dress made by Houseofjahdara, Bamike Olawunmi popularly called Bambam has come under fire for the outfit she wore last night for AMVCA.

Bambam wore a feathery dress which a lot of fans think is a no no.

On social media read some reactions below:

duchess_jasmineWorst dress ever…what is this like chicken laying eggs

capable09Some outfits are not meant for the cameras.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/bambam-trolled-on-instagram-for-her.html

Politics / What God Told Me About Nigeria —rhema by 19Ebisco: 7:20am On Sep 02, 2018
In the midst of the current shades of turbulence confronting the country, the General Overseer, Palace of His Majesty Family Church, Benin, Edo State, Apostle Isaac Olasunkanmi Rhema, in this interview with OLAIDE SOKOYA, shares his experience and thoughts on some critical issues relating to the Church in Nigeria.

There are so many churches in Nigeria, both big and small, but there is also an upsurge in crime rate. What would you consider as the missing links?

The reason churches are many yet crimes are on the increase is because the pulpit presents the ‘Money gospel› above the doctrine of Christ. People become what they hear. When Christ is presented to people, they will change. Nobody sees Jesus and remains the same. Prosperity is not money. Money is a product of the prosperity of your soul. God blesses His own when they focus on Him and use their gifts and talents, but money should not take over on our pulpits. If the message is all about money, crime must increase because the greed of the people is being fueled from the altar. But when they see the person of Jesus, they will see who they really are in Christ and all bad behaviour drops off them as the word of God is rightly taught. I believe people also need to be given a Heaven consciousness. That way they won›t be wayward. However, some people have good churches and good Pastors but the choice is theirs to heed to the right teachings they have been given. No Minister can force people to live right. They have to choose to.

Another worrisome trend is the rising cases of divorce in marriages, including the ones conducted in the church. What is responsible?

The increase of divorce rates around the world is all about the illiteracy of God›s people regarding the Bible standard of the marriage institution. People just fall in love and get married without learning God›s Word regarding marriage. They hardly even pray to seek the opinion of God concerning the union before tying the knots. I think Ministers should insist on thorough marriage counseling before joining couples. It doesn›t prevent problems but it prepares them to be well positioned to win their challenges. Most couples are concerned about a grand wedding not a great married life. This is a misplaced priority that must be corrected. Couples must also be able to forgive each other always. The marriages that work have problems too but they are pairs of great forgivers. If forgiveness is constant, loves stays aflame.

The Christian community has been in the news lately, especially as it relates to perceived islamisation agenda by some persons in power. Do you think Christians should be worry?

As for the islamisation of Nigeria, it is a country with freedom of speech and religion. However, anybody can have any crazy plan but Nigeria cannot be islamised because we serve an awesome God who defends the church in the country. We are the Israel of Africa. The people who sank copies of the Bible in the sea so that the gospel won’t spread in this country, where are they today? The Gospel of Jesus is unstoppable. Certain individuals around the world do arise with strange dreams to take over nations and even the world with terrorism and other forms of negativity. However, there is a God in the church in Nigeria, whose government cannot be toppled. Glory! The Lord is in His Holy Temple.

How a 25-yr-old mother of two was hacked to death in Ekiti

What is your opinion on the raging debate in certain quarters on pastors being rich, especially in view of the prevalence of perceived ‘mega pastors’ who parade so much affluent lifestyles and display of wealth?

My question is, should pastors be poor? Don’t pastors have bills to pay? Don›t they have families to take care of? Don’t pastors’ wives and kids deserve a good life like the families of the non-clergy? It is unfair to reject poverty for yourself and desire it for pastors. A pastor is a human being and deserves a good life. However, he must not mismanage public funds within church coffers. He should have access to what he deserves and use church funds for church purposes and societal impact projects through charity. However, when a clergy is involved in personal businesses and God blesses them, people automatically accuse him of mismanaging church funds. This is a mistake because gone are the days when pastors just sat in church and did nothing else. One more point to note is that when God uses a man to change your life, you will appreciate him. For example, if I pray for you and God lifts you from a struggling man to a billionaire, it is not possible for you not to appreciate me willingly and joyfully. If you accuse me for enjoying that gift, then you should become a pastor and show me how it should be done. Nobody fights a man when his ministry is still in the struggling phase. Nobody criticises a pastor for sacrificing his entire life for the work of God, but when God lifts him, they are outraged. It›s an unfair razmattazz that needs to stop. It›s just a propaganda blown out of proportion. Some of these great men we criticise had their own time of sacrifices. Now God has raised them. We don›t know how great some of these ministries really are, so we are angry when the people do great things for their leaders. If people who can afford a jet deem it fit for their leaders and they buy it, so be it. If the pastor takes money meant for crusades, and buys a jet for himself, that is wrong. Riches for pastor is not wrong. A pastor should simply separate his money from church money and all is well.

As 2018 inches towards the month of December, has God told you anything about Nigeria?

The prophetic word I have for Nigeria is that we should move closer to God. We must seek the face of God in prayer and pray against bloodshed in our nation. Our nation will rise again. In a couple of years to come, Nigeria will be one of the most desirable nations to dwell in. We must not lose hope. Soon, our people scattered abroad are coming back to invest in Nigeria. Open your eyes and invest in Nigeria now. A time will come when people from different nations will migrate into Nigeria to become Nigerian citizens. Many will join the Nigerian Army as that will be the easiest way to nationalize. Quote me on this one. You will see it come to pass if I be a Prophet of God. Invest in Nigeria. Soon, that investment will skyrocket. That›s a word for the wise. Also, God wants Nigeria to return fully to agriculture. Every department of agriculture must be explored now. The wealth in agriculture is greater than the wealth in crude oil.

What is your advice to the nation as the 2019 general election fast approaches?

Let›s all get our Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) and don›t allow anyone to buy your vote. Don›t sell your vote. Vote for whoever you believe in. May God bless Nigeria with the best leader who will take the nation to the next height. Whosoever is elected, let›s pray for the person to do the will of God when in power.

How was your growing up?

I was born in Lagos State. I had my primary and secondary education in Lagos. I attended Oke-Ira Grammar School, and I was a science student. I proceeded to the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Osun State, to study Civil Engineering. I spent a bit of my childhood in Ibadan but grew up practically in Lagos as a church boy. My parents are Ministers of God. However, I am not one because of them but because of a definite and unique call of God upon my life. Growing up was awesome. Learning how to play some musical instruments while growing up made it more fun. Music has always been a part of my life. I still write original worship songs and sing till date with two albums to my credit.

How did you receive your calling into the ministry?

I was five years old when I received God’s call. That was the first time God spoke to me as a little boy. He told me He will use me greatly and that I’m His servant. He told me to always realise it and separate myself unto Him. Ever since, I have been conscious of the divine presence of God around me. He has progressively given me clear cut directions on what He wants me to do for Him over the years. When I was in the Junior Secondary School (JSS1) at Oke-Ira Grammar School, the first deliverance of my ministry happened at the age of 9. A classmate was afflicted with epileptic seizure and I prayed for him. He was healed immediately. Thank God for my biological parents who are my first mentors, Rev. Paul and Pastor (Mrs.) Sarah Adekanmbi. They taught me how to pray and relate with the Holy Spirit. My Dad taught me how to raise the dead and emergency cases. He practically showed me the emergencies that he handled with the power of God. So for me, my ministry started when I was in secondary school. I preached my first sermon after that first miracle in JSS 2. I was really inspired by the teachings of Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke, Pastor Benny Hinn and Pastor Chris Oyakhilome in my formative years.

What are some of the challenges you have faced over the years and how were you able to overcome them?

I chew my challenges like bread and I get stronger. Finances and lack of partners constituted the greatest challenge but I simply conquered it by faith. Trusting God has always been the key for me. I trust Him to provide and trust me, He always does!

Another major challenge which is common to all true men of God is persecutions. People fighting you because they envy God›s grace on you. It hurts when that comes from fellow Ministers whom you expect better understanding from. God is faithful always and it has only made me stronger. God also helped by sending me great men of God, men of insight and revelation, who broadened my horizon in the things of God.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/what-god-told-me-about-nigeria-rhema.html

Celebrities / #AMVCA2018 Is Underway! Here Are The First Photos by 19Ebisco: 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2018
The 2018 edition of the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards (AMVCA) is underway at the Eko Hotel and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Here are the first photos of celebrities at the event. Keep refreshing this page for more!

Uti Nwachukwu

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/amvca2018-is-underway-here-are-first.html

Celebrities / Bribe-seeking Policeman Allegedly Kill Driver...and This Happened by 19Ebisco: 6:21am On Sep 01, 2018
An official of the Nigerian Police has allegedly shot dead a driver identified as Mohammed Dajji over N50 bribe in Taraba State.

The incident happened at a check point in Maisamari village, near Nguroje in Taraba at about 11am on Friday.

It was gathered that Dajji, who drove an old Peugeot 504 for public transport, reportedly indicated willingness to pay but said he had only “N40 change."

Angered by his statement, according to Premium Times, the police officer descended on him with a stick, beating him until he fainted, and the victim was subsequently rushed by passengers and observers to a hospital in Nguroje where he died.

Upon hearing the news, residents of Nguroje, the community where the victim hails from, gathered and rushed to the police station in the community, where the policeman was. They invaded the police station, apprehended the suspected killer and lynched him.

There is currently tension among residents of the community amidst fears the police may carry out a retaliatory attack on residents.

When contacted, the Taraba police spokesperson said he just received a call from the area and does not have details of the incident yet.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/bribe-seeking-policeman-allegedly-kill.html

Celebrities / SHOCKING!! See How This Beautiful Lady Was Dumped Just Because She Is A ‘good Gi by 19Ebisco: 10:29pm On Aug 31, 2018
A lady on Twitter has revealed how she was dumped by a prospective boyfriend just because she is a good girl and not a runs girl.

Read her story below;

“Over the weekend, i attended Davido *s Axe Launch party full of big boys and the rest. A guy walked up to me and said… Hi girl, How’re u? And me feeling myself like no tomorrow replied, i am fabulous. He sat with me and we started talking about life, work et all Issa thread

I told him all he needed to know about me so questions won’t be more than action because I was already feeling like I was in a toasting class. Lol

Suddenly he asked *Do you know so so club? And I replied No and he went on saying *why won’t you know that club, don’t you go out?

I kept my cool and smiling. Next thing he asked again *Are you a church girl* *Oh, so you aren’t even bad and wild* *How can u be this fine and not bad* *so you don’t do runs* immediately he mentioned the runs part I was like, bros what’s the problem really? Why are you ranting?

And he was like, sorry I can’t date you if you are a good girl cos you people have wahala. I want to date a very bad girl who has done all I listed above so that she can know how to handle me. And he concluded, sorry my dear you are a good girl so, i apologise for chatting u up. My complete soul was full of surprise like which kind one chance is this one now? Me that was looking forward to having a good night has just been rejected because he thought or felt I am too good to be dated but rather he prefers them bad?

What is this life turning into?

That was how he ended the relationship that we haven’t even started just because I didn’t know one club and haven’t done runs before. I never knew any man would want to date a girl who’s into runs and also comfortable enough 2 tell him that she does it. You men need Jesus. Gosh

Anyway my sister, wether you are in2 runs or you live inside church, this is to let you all know that when God says it’s your turn, your exact category will locate you and u will be happy ever after

And to that bros, i am actually a bad girl but just wanted to act good so DM me”.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/shocking-see-how-this-beautiful-lady.html

Celebrities / Emma Nyra Shows Off Her Post-baby Body 2 Weeks After Giving Birth To Twins by 19Ebisco: 8:14pm On Aug 30, 2018
Nigerian singer, Emma Nyra who welcomed a set of twins on August 11, 2018 after 36 hours of labor, took to Instagram to show off her incredible post-baby body, just two-weeks after giving birth to her beautiful children named Alexandría and Alexander.

She captioned the photo:-

‘Two Weeks after giving birth! They asking me if I miss my baby bump?! Hell no! #MamaEjima #TeamNoSleep.’

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/emma-nyra-shows-off-her-post-baby-body.html

Celebrities / Princess Shyngle Reveals The Kind Of Man She Currently Needs by 19Ebisco: 8:40am On Aug 30, 2018
Gambian Ghana-based actress, Princess Shyngle has said she is in need of a rich and generous partner because she believes it’s the duty of man to provide for his woman.

The controversial actress made the comment in a recent interview with Delay on ‘The Delay Show’, where she said she was tired of taking care of herself and would love to be with a rich generous man. She said:

“I’m tired of taking care of myself, lets just put it like that. I need someone to come and take care of me now. Whether he is rich or he’s successful all I want is for him to be a generous man because there are several rich men out there who are not generous.

That’s the duty of a man, you need to provide for your woman, you need to take care of your woman and you need to support her.”

The post appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/princess-shyngle-reveals-kind-of-man.html

Sports / AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF by 19Ebisco: 4:48am On Aug 30, 2018
Ghana will host the 2018 Africa Women Cup of Nations billed for November 17- December.

Speculations were rife about the country still hosting the tournament, after Ghana was threatened by FIFA with a suspension. But Confederation of Africa Football said in a statement on Tuesday night that Ghana was never stripped of the opportunity.

The reports further indicated Kenya had also reject an opportunity to host the competition after receiving the nod from CAF to host.

CAF also indicated a final decision would be taken after CAF’s general meeting on September 12.

Back in July there were fears that Ghana may not be ready to host, as there was no indication that the country was preparing for the event. However, Ghana sports minister Isaac Asiamah assured CAF president Ahmad Ahmad, Ghana will be ready.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/awcon-2018-ghana-remains-hosts-says-caf.html

Celebrities / Reno Omokri Shakes Kemi Adeousun’s Dining Table After Davido’s NYSC Photos Surfa by 19Ebisco: 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2018
Reno Omokri praises billionaire son and music superstar Davido who is set to serve Nigeria compulsorily at National Youth Service Corp.

He also slammed president Buhari for protecting Kemi Adeosun not to serve this nation during her own NYSC time.

See his tweet below…

If
@iam_Davido
, a billionaire son, a multimillionaire in his own right and an international music superstar who makes Nigeria proud, can serve his nation in the compulsory National Youth Service Corp, then why didn’t
@HMKemiAdeosun
? And why is
@MBuhari
protecting her?
#RenosDarts

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/reno-omokri-shakes-kemi-adeousuns.html

Celebrities / Check Out Tonto Dikeh’s Birthday Message To Mercy Johnson by 19Ebisco: 11:21am On Aug 29, 2018
Tonto Dikeh has written a lovely birthday message to Mercy Johnson as she clocks 34.

The pair who had major beef for years and just settled looked to be doing just fine with their renewed friendship judging by Tonto’s birthday message to Mercy.

Sharing a photo of the mother of two, Tonto wrote;

Happy birthday Mama purity, Boo i CELEBRATE with you today and many more years to come. Wish you all the greatest things in life,May the blessing,GRACE and favour of God never DEPART from you and yours..
Happy birthday and happy anniversary my darling…
GRACE got you.. @mercyjohnsonokojie ���

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/check-out-tonto-dikehs-birthday-message.html

Politics / Breaking!! Pdp Chairman, Decamps To Apc With Over 15,000 Supporters… Pdp Now In by 19Ebisco: 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2018
The Lagos State Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Moshood Salvador has dumped the party for the All Progressives Congress(APC) and he said his exit marks the death of PDP in the state.

Salvador announced his defection on Monday while addressing his supporters in Lagos saying he took decision the because all his efforts to move the PDP in the state forward had been frustrated by some elements in the party. He alleged that a former deputy national of the party, Chief Olabode George, had done everything possible to undermine the progress of the party in the state.

He said he could no longer labour in vain, adding that the national leadership of the party had done nothing to support or appreciate his efforts as PDP Chairman.

“When you have people or leadership that cannot give you encouragement to carry out your vision, you take it to another place where it will be appreciated. I am not happy that I am abandoning what I laboured for, but I have to move on with my supporters because I cannot continue to labour in vain.

Today, the chairman of PDP Board of Trustees called me on the defection and I told him to allow me consult with my people before feedback. The PDP National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus also called me for the first time since my travails.

“He never called since I was put in jail on a cooked up murder charge; he called me today to ask why I want to defect. And I told him it is not possible for me to be in the same party with Bode George because he undermined all my efforts to reposition the party. He was doing all these things and the national leadership was allowing him, saying he is an elder. Bode George also cooked up things to put me in jail in the murder case of late Aborishade. Enough is enough. I am leaving the party with my supporters and I am taking them to APC where they would be recognised and appreciated” he said.

Salvador said he had since handed over the PDP structure to his deputy who would continue the affairs of the party. He said his exit meant that the PDP was dead in Lagos as he was moving with about 15,000 supporters, including party executive members at council and ward levels.

Salvador insisted that he was innocent in the murder case of Aborishade, saying all the things said about his involvement were all lies. He said he would stage a “show of strength” rally on Monday to show his former party that he was going to the APC with thousands of his followers.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/breaking-pdp-chairman-decamps-to-apc.html

Celebrities / Mercy Aigbe’s 17-year-old Daughter Resumes High School by 19Ebisco: 9:28am On Aug 28, 2018
Mercy Aigbe 17-year-old daughter, Michelle has finally secure an admittion to high school.

Read Mercy Aigbe post below;

I am super emotional right now……see who is off to school @michelleio__ …..Permit me to scream Jehovah Overdo!!!!!!!! All sufficient God! Thank you Lord for ALL ……..for strength, for provision and above all for your unending GRACE…..For 17 years it’s been me and you, we have been tru a lot together, laughed together, cried together, danced together and we fight often � I am gonna miss you my best friend @michelleio__ My confidante….Go My child, pursue, overtake and take dominion, I am solidly behind you in prayers…..LOVE YOU LOADS #strongwoman #childofgrace #singlemom #smallgirlwithbigGod #internationalstudent #childofaprayingmother #amazon #mercified

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/mercy-aigbes-17-year-old-daughter.html

Celebrities / Money Speaking!! Rapper The Game Flaunts His Fleet Of Exotic Matching Red Cars A by 19Ebisco: 11:49pm On Aug 27, 2018
American Rapper, The Game took to Instagram to show off his fleet of exotic cars in red matching colours.

See full photo below; http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/money-speaking-rapper-game-flaunts-his.html

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/money-speaking-rapper-game-flaunts-his.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (of 7 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.