Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,266 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

1Ebisco's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1Ebisco's Profile / 1Ebisco's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (of 6 pages)

Health / FG Bans Production Of Codeine Containing Syrups In Nigeria by 1Ebisco: 6:08pm On May 01, 2018
The Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, has directed the National Agency for Food, Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC, to ban with immediate effect further issuance of permits for the importation of codeine as active pharmaceutical ingredient for cough preparations.

He made this directive known on Tuesday in his office in Abuja.

According to him, the directive became necessary due to the gross abuse Codeine usage has been subjected to in the country.

In its stead, the Minister said codeine containing cough syrups containing should be replaced with dextromethorphan which is less addictive.

He also directed the Pharmaceutical Council of Nigeria, (PCN) and NAFDAC to supervise the recall for labelling and audit trailing of all codeine containing cough syrups in the country, while he has also banned sales of Codeine containing cough syrup without prescription across the country.

He said: “We had an emergency meeting with NAFDAC and the Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Group (PMGMAN) to inform them that there is an embargo on all new applications for registration of codeine-containing cough syrups as well as applications for renewal has been abolished.

“NAFDAC was directed to fully regulate and control the manufacturing, distribution and sale of drugs, including inspection at points of entry of drugs, drug products and food for compliance with the new directive.

“The Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) was also directed to continue enforcement activities on Pharmacies, Patent and Proprietary Medicine Vendor’s Shops and outlets throughout the country.

“The Federal Ministry of Health shall ensure collaboration among regulatory agencies namely, NAFDAC, PCN, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN), for effective implementation of extant Acts, regulations, policies and guidelines on codeine control and usage.

“Furthermore, these agencies shall work together to increase pharmacovigilance around codeine, tramadol and other related substances of abuse,’ Adewole stated.

“Already, NAFDAC has developed IEC materials that will be used in an already planned national campaign against drug abuse, an awareness programme that includes Young Pharmacists Group of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria. This will soon be flagged off in Kano and Lagos.”

Adewole added that as a way of discouraging youths to shun the drugs, the Federal Government through Federal Ministry of Health shall partner with National Orientation Agency (NOA), Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Football celebrities, members of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Performing Musicians of Nigeria and other celebrities to drive national campaign against drug abuse.

“The FMOH shall ensure that Drug treatment intervention for victims of substances abuse shall be undertaken across the spectrum of health care delivery system in the country,” Adewole stated.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/fg-bans-production-of-codeine.html

Politics / When The Bully Met The Headmaster At The White House – Fani Kayode by 1Ebisco: 2:02pm On May 01, 2018
When The Bully Met The Headmaster At The White House – By Fani Kayode

“Nigerian herdsmen don’t carry AK 47’s. They only use sticks”- President Buhari to President Donald Trump, The White House, 30th April 2018.

“We’ve had serious problems with Christians who have been murdered, killed in Nigeria. We’re going to work on that problem and work on that problem very, very hard, because we can’t allow that to happen.”- President Donald Trump to President Muhammadu Buhari, The White House, 30th April 2018.

Despite all the smiles, banter, pretensions, diplomatic niceties, doublespeak and pleasing words these two assertions from the bully and the big man respectively remain the most relevant in yesterdays meeting between President Buhari and President Trump at the White House.

The fact that Buhari, like a little schoolboy standing before an intimidating headmaster, had to tell a pernicious lie about the weaponry of the Fulani herdsmen and attempt to absolve them of any blame for the horrendous genocide that is being perpetrated against Christians in our nation in order to escape being spanked speaks volumes.

And the fact that Trump, not fooled by the lie and like a wise old headmaster, had to issue a stern warning to the schoolyard bully about the killing of Christians says even more.

That, to me, was the meat of the meeting. All the rest that was said was nothing but diplomatic doublespeak, fake smiles and dross.

Yet more needs to be said. Permit me to add the following.

The truth is that the progressive forces, the official opposition and leaders of the resistance in Nigeria failed to put out the correct narrative about Buhari to the international community and international media over the last 3 years.

Consequently Buhari escaped thorough international scrutiny. Apart from that Trump failed us. He chose economic gain and the juicy prospect of a massive Nigerian market for American goods, products and commodities over human rights and decency.

Yet who can blame him for that given his “America first” mantra and the fact that the Nigerian people themselves appear to be very comfortable with their hazardous plight and murderous leader and do not appear ready to resist his corruption, tyranny, evil, ethnic cleansing, mass murder and genocide.

The good news is that Trump may be the biblical Cyrus (and I really do believe that he is) but he is not God. We never looked to him. We look to God. And God will deliver us despite our inherent weaknesses, accursed fears, petty divisions and monumental cowardice.

Finally hear this. If the opposition does not roll out its best guns, get its act togther, unite, stop playing childish games, stop the petty bickering and present one credible and acceptable candidate in 2019, Buhari will be back for another four years. The choice is ours.

Permit me to end this contribution with a final word about the meeting between the bully and the headmaster at the White House.

My younger brother, Babatunde Gbadamosi, wrote

“Buhari went and got NOTHING. We must now buy two helicopters and agricultural produce from them. This is beyond incompetent”.

Tunde, as always, is absolutely right.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/when-bully-met-headmaster-at-white.html

Politics / Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of New Gunships [PHOTOS] by 1Ebisco: 7:53pm On Apr 30, 2018
Nigerian Air Force (NAF) on Monday took delivery of two Mi-35M helicopter gunships that the Federal Government ordered from Russia.

The Antonov aircraft, which brought the new Mi-35M helicopters, touched down on the runway at NAF Base Makurdi at exactly 12.20pm.

The Chief of Aircraft Engineering at NAF Headquarters, Air Vice Marshal Abdulganiyu Olabisi, received the new aircraft on behalf of the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar.

Air Vice Marshal Olatokunbo Adesanya, NAF Director of Public Relations and Information, made the announcement in a statement on Monday.

It said the newly delivered helicopters, which are capable of night fighting, are all brand new and are the most sophisticated in the Mi-series of helicopter gunships.

The statement added: “At the inception of the current NAF leadership in 2015, it was realized that modern Mi-helicopter gunships with night-fighting capability needed to be procured towards enhancing the operational capability of the NAF.

“Consequently, the delivery of the helicopter gunships would go a long way in adding impetus to the current efforts at combatting the security challenges in Benue State and other parts of the North Central Region as well as other forms of criminality facing the country.

“In addition, with the delivery of the additional Mi-35M helicopters, the on-going counterinsurgency operation in the Northeast has just received a boost.

“It would be recalled that the NAF took delivery of the first batch of 2 brand new Mi-35M helicopters in December 2016, following which the helicopters were inducted and had since been contributing significantly to the counterinsurgency and other Internal Security operations in the country.

“Furthermore, some NAF personnel had undergone training in Russia, as Pilots and technicians on the Mi-35M helicopters, as part of the contract.

“Sequel to the hitch-free delivery, a team of Russian and NAF technicians will now complete the assembly of the newly received helicopters in Nigeria prior to test flying.

“Thereafter, the helicopter gunships will be formally inducted into the NAF, as part of the activities to mark the 54th anniversary celebrations of the Service,” he said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/boko-haram-naf-takes-delivery-of-new.html

Celebrities / Collins’ Bestfriend Writes Nina An Open Letter by 1Ebisco: 7:06pm On Apr 29, 2018
The name Alexander Cynthia has become a trending feed on social media as she has resorted to speak on behalf of Nina’s allegedly dumped boyfriend, Collins.

Cynthia who decided to pen down an open letter to Nina noted in details that Nina has received all the support she can get from Collins who has since been quiet over their relationship status

Urging Nina in the letter to desist from mentioning Collins in granted interviews, she was sure to mention that the heart broken young man is a graduate of banking and finance(since 2012)

She took to her Instagram page, @ms_alexix to write:

“Dear Nina, First of all I want to congratulate you on Your achievement on being one of the finalist of the just concluded #BBNaijaDoublewahala..

“Since the 2nd week of the show when you supposedly fell in love with fellow Housemate miracle, please note that Collins had given up on the notion that you will come back to him so please desist from Slandering him and saying things that will hurt him more than you already have.

“Mind you he supported you to the very end, I helped him create the #Ninaivy Facebook page even before the show went live.. we all did..despite being mad at you we all still supported you till the end..

“Please note : this is not a reprimand but an appeal to you and everyone that has been Dragging my Gee on social media to let him be.

“Collins Nwamuo aka Spirit Child like I fondly call him will be fine but his hurt will go away faster if you stop dragging him on social media ..

“Nina Live and prosper..but Please be Humble and Don’t let life Humble you..

“#PS Collins is not a Child Collins is not based in Owerri Collins is not a Barber Collins is a Graduate of banking and Finance he graduated in 2012..

“He’s human…Please Let him Be..#BBN is over.”

Meanwhile, it may be recalled that Nina disclosed that she is in love with BBNaija winner Miracle, and doubts if she can continue her relationship with Collins

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/collins-bestfriend-writes-nina-open.html

Politics / Are Nigerian Youths Really Lazy? by 1Ebisco: 5:31am On Apr 29, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari’s statement, some days back in London, which suggested that the Nigerian youths were lazy, was the latest in what many people call the president’s inadvertent de-marketing of his people and country. Curiously, this is not a habit he formed at old age.

As a young and energetic military head of state, he also had this tendency, a development that necessitated one of the late Afro beat maestro, Fela’s popular hits: “My people are useless, my people are senseless, my people are undisciplined.” Thus, when at the start of his government in 2015, he held a meeting in London with a former British Prime Minister, David Cameron, who had earlier described Nigeria (not Nigerians) as fantastically corrupt and Buhari’s opinion was sought, he merely stamped Cameron’s position and asked to be refunded loots stashed away in the United Kingdom. He also once made a snide remark at his wife for openly criticising him, saying she belonged to “the other room”, among others.

But, if the president must know, his generation is arguably the problem of the country. If any Nigerian youth of today has the privilege they had, it would be safe to infer that Nigerian may not be where it is today. They had the best of everything – education, health, employment and other things they probably didn’t need.

Unfortunately, when handed the leadership of the country, their generation started to sink the ship of state and are yet to stop at it. The Nigerian youth is by all standards not lazy and if given the same opportunity as they were handed back then, Nigeria, without doubt, would be a better place today.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/are-nigerian-youths-really-lazy.html

Celebrities / Pastor Arrested For Operating A Fake WAEC Centre by 1Ebisco: 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2018
Some parents and secondary school students upon registration for the compulsory West African Examination Council in order to seek admission into a higher institution, have been victims of a fake WAEC centre, unveiled to belong to a Lagos based pastor

In what appears to be a high level of scam, a 48-year-old man suspected to be the operator of a fake West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) examination centre in Igbogbo area of Ikorodu has been apprehended by the police

Upon investigation, the suspect revealed that after enrolling unsuspecting students for the exam, he would make them sit for fake examination where photocopies of fake WAEC questions papers and answer sheets are served. Police say he would then dispose of the scripts after the fake exam.

One cannot but wonder what drove a self-acclaimed cleric to such acts which involved derailing the future of innocent children for selfish gains

The Commissioner of Police in the state, CP Edgal Imohimi, said the suspects were arrested on April 25, following a complaint by a senior member of staff of WAEC office, Ogba.

In his words;

“The complaint was that there exist a fake WAEC centre at El-Supreme Private School located at No. 3, Oseni Adekogbe Street, Igbogbo Ikorodu. .

Operatives of the Command attached to Area ‘G’ Ogba, were mobilised to the above address where one Pastor Adeniyi Joshua of El-Supreme Church was arrested.

WAEC question papers and answer sheets suspected to be forged were recovered from the suspect.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/pastor-arrested-for-operating-fake-waec.html

Celebrities / Bbnaija: My Father Didn’t Know When I Quit Bank Job For The Show – Tobi Bakre by 1Ebisco: 9:09am On Apr 28, 2018
Tobi Bakre was the second runner-up in the just concluded Big Brother Naija Double Wahala reality television show. He was one of the most interesting housemates and in this exclusive interview with Ademola Olonilua he shares some of his experiences on the show

What prompted your decision to be a part of Big Brother Naija Double Wahala show?

For me, I have always watched the Big Brother reality television show while growing up and it had always been somewhere I had dreamt to be. I had always seen myself as an interesting personality but I always felt that you needed to have the right connection or know people before you could get into the Big Brother house but this time around, it was an open audition. You did not even need to buy a form. All you needed to do was to get to the venue of the audition with your Nigerian passport. I got to the venue of the audition late on a Saturday and it rained on that day, so I had to return. The next day, I got to the venue as early as 5am and that was how the journey started. It’s a show I had always wanted to be a part of especially at this particular point in my life when I want to switch from the corporate life to entertainment. It just seemed like the perfect platform for me.

But you were working in a bank and later resigned because of the show. Didn’t you nurse any fears while making that decision?

For me, the corporate life has not been so lucrative and I have been on the same salary pay for about four years. I had not really had that job fulfilment because banking is a routine job. Based on my personality, it was not the kind of thing I enjoyed because I do not like a routine life. At the time, I had been frustrated with the corporate world, so it seemed like the opportunity came at the right time. I am still young and I felt that if things do not go as planned, I am just 23 years old, I have a good CV and I could still get another job that would pay me relatively well. I knew that to achieve greatness in life, you have to take risks and I needed to take that risk.

How did your parents feel when you took that decision?

My father was very concerned because he wondered why I would leave a paying job for something like Big Brother but he also knows my personality. I tried as much as possible to keep the job before I went for the show but it seemed quite impossible so I had to quit. Initially, I did not inform my father about my decision, I had to hide that fact from him but after I have got to this stage, I cannot go back to banking immediately.

When you said that you were 23 in the house, Nigerians did not believe you…

It is not surprising that they did not believe me. I feel that the reason they did not believe me is because of my accomplishments, not many people of my age have done what I have achieved in life. I graduated from school at18, I worked for about four years and within that time, I have also done my Chartered Financial Analyst level one qualification; it is a reputable finance qualification. I still have two more levels to go. To a lot of people, it is really hard to believe especially if they compare it with their life or other people’s standard. I have not always been the smartest kid but I have always been smart in my own way. I graduated from school with a Second Class Upper degree even though I was the youngest in my class. I come from a family where you are taught to be hard working. At that young age, I had some distractions but I knew that I could not attend the university without finishing without a very good result.

Did you ever believe that you would make it to the top five of the reality television show?

When I entered the house, I actually planned for the worst case scenario and that was to leave in a week or two. I compared myself with other contestants and felt I would leave within two weeks but I felt that it was a platform that within two week if you are able to sell yourself and potential you would still be okay. So I knew that even if I had a week to participate, I would try my best to sell myself so that when I come out, there would be something I can do in the outside world.

How did you feel when you made it to the final three of the game show?

I was so happy when I made it to the final three. I was very happy because I knew that at that stage, anyone of us could emerge as the winner. We did not know the amount of love people had for us outside the house. I particularly wanted people to love me and see the values that I had because I knew that whenever I left the house, that is what people would still love about me. Personally, I think that in the last Big Brother that held, people voted for the winner out of pity not because they really saw value or potential in the winner, that is just my personal opinion, I stand to be corrected. But as for me, I wanted to go to the house and let people love me to the extent that when I leave the house, I would be a mentor to other people based on my behaviour in the house. I wanted people to still want to know about the Tobi brand after the show and that was my driving force.

When you were asked to leave the house, were you disappointed in yourself for not winning the prize money?

At that point, I had already won. In fact, when I was part of the last five people in the house, I had already seen myself as a winner. So when I was asked to leave the house, my next question was, ‘who is going to take the money home?’ I felt that I could not go into that house, make N45m and not double the money by the end of the year. Right now, my goal is that by the end of the year, N25m should be the least amount I have in my account based on the platform. Not winning did not weigh me down; beside the person that won equally deserved to win.

For a long time, your love interest in the house was CeeCee, what did you see in her?

Going into a place and being stuck with about 20 people, you would get to know everybody on the surface level and later bond with some other people on a deeper level. Initially, when I was the head of house, she opted to stay with me and I chose her, we started talking and it was a very natural bond because we had genuine conversations. I felt that she was a smart girl and we could flow mentally which is something I find very attractive in a woman. But I think over time, we saw other parts of us we did not quite like, so we had our several fallouts. Now that the game show is over, I am hoping to have a better relationship because I think the house put some of us under a certain pressure and we did not act as we would normally do in reality.

How did you cope with the verbal abuse she subjected you to?

I was raised in a family where violence is never an option and I am also in a society where violence can never be an option. Personally, I do not believe in violence and I have learnt that in life, you should respect women because they go through a lot of emotions. Sometimes they do not have the full capacity to maintain or control their emotion; so with all that in mind, I was able to hold back. Honestly, there were times when we would get at each other and I would say a word but later regret it especially when I went to bed; I felt very bad. I know that there was a time I called her silly and when I went to bed at night, I felt very bad about it. That was a learning process for me because it taught me that no matter how angry I get, I should never react in a negative manner. Even when she was spitting fire at me, I would not want to say things to hurt her feelings because you don’t call your friends names. If I expressed my anger the way I was feeling, I would have said things that would hurt her and that is not what friends do; friends make excuses for each other and that is what I did in the house and it made it easier for me to cope with every other thing.

It took a long while before you kissed her but when it finally happened, what went through your mind?

I actually did not see us kissing because I felt she had a picture she wanted to paint to the world, so I never really expected a kiss despite the fact that we played around the house and it was almost as if we were flirting with each other. Even when she kissed me, I thought she was playing a game with me and this is me being honest. The kiss came to me as a surprise and for a few days, I was worried because I began to wonder what game she was playing. That was a situation I did not understand.

After you realised things were not working between you and CeeCee, you moved on to Alex….

I did not move on to Alex; neither was it a fast move. Within the first three weeks, CeeCee and I had a very good relationship but for another six weeks, we began to have issues but Alex and I had always been casual friends from the onset. When Leo left, we decided to talk a lot more and in the house, typically, you always had that one person you always confided in and both of us happened to be each other’s confidant. So we got closer and got to understand each other better. It was a case if us getting to know each other better and it was a gradual process. It was not until the last two weeks to the end of the show that we became very close and a week to the end of the show, we realised that we shared some feelings with each other. It did not happen instantly. It was a very gradual process. Three months is a long time for a lot of things to happen.

Are you and Alex in a relationship?

The truth is that we like each other but the Big Brother has presented us with a very big opportunity we could actually dilly dally with our relationship and work but this is not the best time for anybody to be in a relationship. Personally, I advised her that this is not the time to be in a relationship, it is a time to focus on your goals and everything you want to achieve in life. When you get to that comfort zone that you have achieved everything, you desire you can entertain a relationship. That was my advice to her. I told her that I like her and I am sure she likes me as well but we should maintain a cordial relationship at the moment and keep our friendship going as we achieve things both collectively and individually. When we get to a stage in our friendship where we feel that we have done well and we have grown together, then maybe we could be together. When we get there or if we ever get there, the world would know.

There was a time you came out of the pool and the structure of your manhood showed. It caused a frenzy on the internet, especially among the women. How have you been coping with them?

I was shown the video clip of that moment by a few people but I would not lie to you, I do not know how much love I have from the female folk because since I left the house, I have been working. For a very long while, I would be entrenched in my work so I do not think there would be time for me to entertain anything that resulted from that video clip or picture. I am just focused on attaining new goals.

Are you saying that you are not ready to be in a relationship?

Honestly, right now, a relationship is that last thing on my mind because that would demand my attention and time which I can put into other use. I have a timeline with this opportunity that has been presented to me. I am trying to build a brand that would never die regardless of what is happening because I know that with time, the need to see Tobi would fizzle out. So I need to milk it while it is here and make my face a constant feature. I have a lot of work to do. So a relationship is not on my plate.

When you saw your parents for the first time after the show what was the first thing they told you?

They told me that they are proud of me and my father called me his role model and that meant a lot to me. Not every man gets such words from his father. It was a great moment for me.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/bbnaija-my-father-didnt-know-when-i.html

Politics / Again, Reno Omokri Faults Buhari’s Speech On Education In Bauchi by 1Ebisco: 6:32pm On Apr 27, 2018
Reno Omokri, former aide, to ex-president Goodluck Jonathan has attacked President Muhammadu Buhari following his visit to Bauchi State.

Recall that President Buhari on Thursday visited Bauchi state for a two-day official visit.

Omokri said that the President was busy lecturing on the importance of education in Bauchi when he knows nothing about education.

He stated that Buhari hired 13 SANs, instead of showing his certificate to Nigerians.

Reacting through his Twitter handle on Friday, Omokri said his former boss, Goodluck Jonathan built three new universities and 23 Almajiri schools during his first year as Nigeria’s President whereas Buhari did not build any school in his first year as President.

He wrote: “Buhari, a man who hired 13 SANs, instead of showing his certificate to Nigerians, is in Bauchi lecturing on the importance of education.

“If schools are so important, how many schools has Buhari built? In his first year, Jonathan built 3 new universities and 23 almajiri schools.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/again-reno-omokri-faults-buharis-speech.html

Politics / Senators Call For Buhari’s Impeachment by 1Ebisco: 7:04am On Apr 27, 2018
Senators were eager to commence impeachment proceedings, yesterday, but for the intervention of Senate President, Bukola Saraki.

The senators wanted the chamber to begin the process of the president’s impeachment immediately but, reason prevailed.

They accused President Muhammadu Buhari of alleged violation of section 80 of the 1999 Constitution, as amended.

Buhari was specifically accused of withdrawing $496.3 million from the Excess Crude Account, which belongs to the three tiers of government- Federal, State and Local Governments.

The money was used to purchase military helicopters from the United States Government.

The military helicopters are expected to be delivered in 2020.

Senator Matthew Urhoghide drew first blood when he moved the impeachment notice, through a motion. He urged the senate president to activate section 143 of constitution.

Urhoghide described Buhari’s action as an impeachable offence and called on his colleagues to support the move.

“This matter yesterday was raised by me to say that this request that was sought by Mr President is procedurally wrong. What has been read by the Senate Leader was that this matter has been referred to the Appropriate Committee for inclusion of this amount of money that has already been spent.

“This ought to have been the first request to this Senate. We must put it on record that this is a violation of procedure as stated in the 1999 constitution.

“The objective of the expenditure is very well established but the procedure is wrong. There are serious consequences for violation of our constitution. As a consequence, the only thing we can draw from, on this, is that we call on you, Mr President, to invoke section 143 of the constitution. Because, what it means is that this matter is not to be investigated. It is clear that this offence has been committed by Mr President.

“I want this senate to resolve that what the president did is procedurally wrong and a violation of our constitution, it must be condemned and of course, the consequences of section 143 of our constitution should be invoked. I so move, Mr President.”

Chukwuka Utazi seconded the motion and added that lawmakers will be ridiculed if they refuse to defend the constitution.

On his part, senator Shehu Sani, kicked against the impeachment moves but suggested that the agreement be voided and the money returned to the confers of the Federal Government, pending when a constitutional approval will be given by the National Assembly.

Another APC senator, Abu Ibrahim from Buhari’s home state of Katsina, supported Buhari’s action.

He said the president’s action was not out of place since the decision was taken in the interest of the country.

Deputy Senate Leader Bala Ibn Na’Allah, in his intervention, called for caution.

He urged his colleagues to refer the issue to the Committee on Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters; to advice the chamber on the next line of action.

Ruling on the motion, Saraki urged his colleagues to maintain their cool until the committee advises them on the next constitutional line of action.

The matter was subsequently referred to the David Umaru-led Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters committee.

Regardless, Saraki admitted that Buhari breached the constitution by unilaterally withdrawing the money from the treasury without legislative approval.

He said: “I think we all agree that, from what has been presented to us; definitely there was a breach of constitution. The question concerned is, what were the circumstances which surrounded the breach of the constitution? Whether those circumstances justify the breach of constitution?

“Between September 2017 and February 2018, with all due respect, there was ample time for the Executive to have carried us along on this issue. So, their arguments, for and against, I think these arguments are valid and I don’t want us to bring it down to partisanship issues. These are not partisan issues.

Not satisfied, Urhoghide attempted to bring back the issue but Saraki ruled him out of order. He urged him to wait until the committee submits its recommendations.

Meanwhile, the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mr. Ibrahim Idris, refused to appear before the Senate, to explain the rationale behind the arrest and detention of senator Dino Melaye.

The IGP was also expected to explain how the police would tackle killings in various parts of the country.

Instead, he sent a Deputy IGP in charge of Operations, Mr. Habila Joshak, who was turned back by the Senate. Lawmakers insisted only the IGP would suffice.

Thereafter, Senate resolved and re-summoned the IGP to appear at plenary next Wednesday.

Also, the House of Representatives has defered debate on Buhari’s letter to the House seeking approval for the $496 million spent on the Tucano Aircraft.

After several lawmakers spoke for and against a motion on the issue, Dogara said going by Order 1, Rule 2 of the House Standing Rules, as amended, the Green Chamber can regulate itself where there is no specific precedence, or provisions on a subject matter.

“As a matter of law, there are no straightforward answers to this problem presented by the letter or what it is asking us to do.

“People are watching us to see what we are about to do; whether we will stand with the truth. We will have to, therefore, refer this matter to the Committee on Rules and Business, for them to check the archives, whether there are any precedences that we can anchor this communication on. That is my ruling.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/senators-call-for-buharis-impeachment.html

NYSC / NYSC DG Gives Condition For Corps Members’ Relocation by 1Ebisco: 7:39am On Apr 25, 2018
The Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brig,-Gen. Zakari Kazaure, has said that only corps members with genuine cases would be relocated to their home states.

Kazaure stated this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Dutse on Tuesday.

He also reminded corps members that there were criteria and due process to follow for redeployment.

Kazaure noted that nursing mothers, pregnant women and people with serious ailment among others were among those categories.

The Director-General said that it would be inhuman not to consider a person with genuine problem, especially ailment for relocation.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/nysc-dg-gives-condition-for-corps.html

1 Share

Celebrities / Bbnaija 2018: How Nigerian Celebrities Reacted As Miracle Emerged Winner by 1Ebisco: 9:15am On Apr 23, 2018
Nigerian celebrities have reacted to Cee-c emerging second and Miracle eventually winning the 2018 edition of the Big Brother Naija show.

Miracle emerged winner of the N25 million grand prize on Sunday, beating off challenges from Cee-c, Tobi, Nina and Alex.

Reacting, the celebrities who have been following the show from the beginning wrote on their social media pages:

@Juliet Ibrahim “TeamMiracle Una deserve some accolades jare!!! Tomorrow I go dance shaku shaku for una. It’s all a game no hard feelings. The best man won.

“Big ups to @ceec_official and the entire team that voted we did extremely well! We came 2nd place by just 10%. Let’s wait and welcome our baby girl home to Naija soon.”

@Small doctor “Last Woman STANDING STRONG. CEE-C .

“CeeC !!! Welldone!!! Top 2?? Wow!!!#Congratulations !!! You are definitely going places.”

@Ebuka “Congratulations Miracle!!! What an amazing season you’ve had.”

@jonogah “Be it good or bad, for better or worse, NO ONE, can deny the impact that Cee C has had on BBNaija Double Wahala. A big kudos to those who stuck by her through it all, you guys are the real definition of fandom/Hive.”

@djneptune “God is a Miracle working God.. where is that Cee C fan that said my night will be sweet because Cee C is winning?

@Kiss Daniel “Miracle won and Cee c is trending what is going on? Congrats FlyBoy Junior.”

@Uti Uwachukwu “What a MIRACULOUS SHOW….Congrats Miracle!!!! well done FlyBoy.

“Cee-c welldone, you are definitely going places.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/bbnaija-2018-how-nigerian-celebrities.html

Politics / Ohanaeze Crisis: Women Wing Threatens’ Nwodo’s Loyalist With Lawsuit by 1Ebisco: 5:35pm On Apr 22, 2018
The National President, Ohanaeze Women Organization Worldwide, Chief Mrs. Calista Adimachukwu has threatened to head for court over what she called lies against her in the media.

Adimachukwu said in a press statement she personally issued over the weekend, and obtained by MC EBISCO that a member of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Mr. Odozi Nwodozi, loyal to the embattled President-General of the organization, Chief John Nnia Nwodo, was spreading falsehood against her in the media.

She said her attention was drawn to a publication “by one Odozi Nwodozi who falsely claimed that the Ohanaeze Women Wing headed by Calista Adimachukwu and Ohanaeze Youth Wing headed by Okechukwu Isinguzoro are in Abuja for a purported endorsement of President Buhari for second term and that our mandates have since expired at the dissolution of our groups.

“This is just the last desperate act by Chief Nnia Nwodo, by proxy, to tarnish my reputation. I want to state categorically that the Women Wing was inaugurated on 31st January, 2015 and as such our mandate ends on 31st January, 2019 because we were elected for a term of four years.”

She further claimed that “due to the maladministration and high-handedness of Chief Nnia Nwodo, the women officially pulled out of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo main body through Resolution by the Women Executives on the 3rd of June, 2017, before their so-called dissolution of the groups in September 2017, to which Ohanaeze Ndigbo was notified through Chief Nnia Nwodo.

“He never denied our accusations against him for gross misconduct and high-handedness, and he never negotiated with the women diplomatically nor contested our pulling out in court till date. The general public and the government should take note that there is no more Women Wing within the Ohanaeze main body either now or in the future, because of the fact that Ohanaeze Women Wing is now a legally existing entity of its own with the name Ohanaeze Igbo Women Organization Worldwide.

“Based on the constitution of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo has no legal right to conduct any election for the women, as that authority by constitution is reserved for the women group.

“I also want to issue a stern warning to Odozi Nwodozi for purporting that I am currently in Abuja seeking to endorse President Buhari. This is false because I have been in Nnewi, Anambra state for over one week now, and the Ohanaeze Igbo Women Organization Worldwide has not endorsed any candidate for 2019 elections.

“If we are to endorse a candidate, we must have a wide consultation with all Igbo leaders, because Igbos are Republicans by nature. Issues are discussed in Igbo land before decisions are reached. We do not operate a dictatorial organization like Chief Nnia Nwodo, who operates like Imperial Majesty, Supreme Leader and Commander-in -Chief of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.

“Therefore, Odozi Nwodozi must tender an apology within 21 days through the same medium he used to slander and defame my character or face legal action.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/ohanaeze-crisis-women-wing-threatens.html

Politics / What Snatching Of Senate Mace By Thugs Has Done To Nigeria – Ekweremadu by 1Ebisco: 8:28am On Apr 21, 2018
Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu, yesterday, revealed what the attack on the Senate on Wednesday, has cost Nigeria.

While describing the invasion of the Senate as an indictment of security agencies in the country, he said no foreign investors would like to invest in a country with such a porous security system.

He added that, it is another lesson on the need to rethink the nation’s security structure.

Thugs suspected to be loyal to the suspended Senator representing Delta Central Senatorial district, Ovie Omo-Agege on Wednesday, invaded the red chambers and forcefully took away the mace.

The Deputy Senate President spoke when he received the leadership of the Nigerian Political Science Association, NPSA, which paid a solidarity visit to the Senate.

He said: “It is an embarrassment to Nigeria before the international community for someone to drive all the way into the National Assembly Complex, enter the hallowed chamber, and cart away its symbol of authority.

“It shows a breakdown of security and it is a setback to Nigeria’s drive for foreign investment because no one would be ready to invest money in such a system.

“So, it is a lesson that we cannot keep doing the same thing with our security system and expect a different result.

“It is also an irony that the people involved would organise armed bandits to rob the Senate of its mace since they understand the implication of what they have done.

“As a parliament, we will ensure that this does not happen again and insist that all the actors behind the drama are brought to book.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/what-snatching-of-senate-mace-by-thugs.html

Crime / Herdsmen Kill 4 Construction Workers In Plateau by 1Ebisco: 7:09pm On Apr 19, 2018
Gunmen on Wednesday killed four construction workers at Angwan-Rogo village in Jebu-Miango area of Bassa, Plateau State.

NAN reports that the workers were fetching sand for an ongoing construction work when the gunmen descended on them.

Confirming the attack, Mr Terna Tyopev, spokesman of the Police Command in Plateau, told said the attack took place around 11 a.m.

“Yes, we received information of an attack on Angwan Rogo village; we can confirm that four persons were killed by the gunmen.

“We can also confirm that the men were labourers excavating sand for their construction work when they were attacked,” he said.

Tyopev, who claimed that the attackers were herdsmen, identified the deceased as Adam Sunday, 38, Jatau Akus, 39, Chonu Awarhai, 39, and Marcus Mali, 22.

The Police officer said that investigation had commenced into the incident, and vowed to arrest those responsible.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/herdsmen-kill-4-construction-workers-in.html

Politics / How Lagos Senator Escaped Abduction At National Assembly by 1Ebisco: 7:14am On Apr 19, 2018
Senator Olamilekan Adeola also known as Yayi has revealed that he was abducted by unknown gunmen at the National Assembly on Wednesday, April 18, but luckily escaped.

Some thugs who reportedly stormed NASS on Wednesday pushed him into a waiting SUV parked in front of the White House wing (the building housing the two chambers) and drove off.

The Senator representing Lagos west was said to have jumped out of the vehicle while in motion and sprained his ankle in the process.

It is, however, not clear if the kidnappers were the same gang that broke into the Senate and stole the mace.

'Sack service chief'

According to an aide of the lawmaker, who spoke to journalists anonymously, Yayi's attempted abduction may not be unconnected to his recent call for the sack of all service chiefs.

The lawmaker had on Tuesday asked President Muhammadu Buhari to relieve heads of all security agencies of their over the incessant killings across the country.

The aide said, "Yesterday at the floor of the plenary, senator Yayi Adeola, while lending his voice to the killings in Nasarawa he called for the sacking of all service chiefs and heads of security agencies.

"Today, before the mace was seized, Senator Yayi Adeola was actually kidnapped. Not attempted kidnapped by unknown gunmen at the national assembly right in front of the white house.

"They took him all the way to the house of reps – they were trying to escape through the villa gate it was at that point he had to maneuver and jumped out of the vehicle. As I speak to you, he still has a sprain on his leg."

The Senator later recalled his narrow escape in a series of tweets on Wednesday.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/how-lagos-senator-escaped-abduction-at.html

Politics / Nigerians Know President Is Not Nigeria's Problem - Keyamo by 1Ebisco: 9:38pm On Apr 18, 2018
Spokesperson of the President Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation expressed his total confidence in the leadership values of the president, claiming that Nigerians know he's not the source of the country's problems.

The human rights lawyer was appointed as the official spokesperson for the organisation to oversee the president's re-election campaign in 2019. His new role was disclosed by the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, who is also the Director-General of the campaign organisation, in a letter dated Monday, April 16, 2018.

In Keyamo's acceptance statement, released on Wednesday, April 18, he said he decided to accept the appointment because President Buhari represents the values he has fought for his whole life, revealing that his convictions about the job are deep and well thought-out.

According to him, President Buhari's administration has shown its commitment towards protecting the masses of the country especially through his anti-corruption war. He further noted that the opposition against the president's re-election are largely instigated by the political class that caused Nigeria to fall into the "sorry state" from which Buhari is trying to elevate the country.

He also dismissed major doubts over the president's age and health, remarking that previous leaders had died in office while they were at their peak, and further arguing that Nigeria needs a more experienced hand to direct the course of its affairs in the way a young person might be unable to pull off.

Keyamo also admitted that the president is not "a god or an angel" but that he'll take his flaws alongside the great strides he has made since he was elected in 2015.

With several veiled attacks at the People's Democratic People (PDP) throughout the statement, he urged Nigerians to come together and re-elect President Buhari so he can completely rescue Nigeria.

His full statement read, "Just yesterday, my appointment as the Director, Strategic Communications of President Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation was made public. In that capacity, I would be the Official Spokesperson of the President's campaigns for the 2019 Presidential Election.

"Let me put it on record that I was indeed consulted before the announcement. Upon the offer, I wholeheartedly and proudly accepted the challenge to do this for the good of my country and for posterity. For in President Buhari I have found an approximation of the lofty values I cherish and have fought for all my life.

"I know millions of Nigerians have never seen me in the mould of partisan politics. This is because for the past two and half decades, I have been under intense public scrutiny while engaging successive governments (military and civilian) in the most critical way possible. The public has also watched me grow steadily all the way from that young, restless lawyer to the exalted position of a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN). In the process of my restless and relentless engagements of the authorities, I have been hounded, arrested, detained, paraded like a criminal, charged and discharged from courts severally, but remain unbowed. Hence, some of us have been branded as "radicals" and seen as completely apolitical.

"However, the ultimate aim of every struggle is not really to enthrone a perfect, flawless system. Only the starry-eyed, younger ones think such is possible. That is Utopia. Rather, the ultimate aim of the struggle is to enthrone a government (yes, even with the normal human flaws) that is focused, determined and fiercely opposed to the unscrupulous wheeler-dealers in the society, committed to protecting the interests of the down-trodden, the weak and vulnerable.

"One of the obvious ways to do this is to ensure that what belongs to all is not cornered by a few; and if they do so, to ensure that they are made to account and brought to justice. I can boldly say that no Government in the history of Nigeria has recovered so much looted funds as that of President Muhammadu Buhari. The fact that this Government has clearly chosen this path in protecting the masses of our country (as unpleasant as it has been to some) is one of the many reasons why I am so proud and bold about my support for the re-election bid of President Muhammadu Buhari.

"In doing this, I take a cue from my revered late boss, Chief Gani Fawehinmi, SAN who mentored me. Throughout his career, he also consistently and fiercely engaged every government in Nigeria and suffered as a result. Guess what? THE ONLY GOVERNMENT HE FULLY SUPPORTED THROUGHOUT HIS LIFETIME was that led by General Muhammdu Buhari in 1984-1985; and that was to the chagrin of some of his professional colleagues and fellow "radicals". However, he saw what they did not see at that time, because when that government was overthrown by General Babangida, what followed was the worst era in our history in terms of institutionalizing corruption and political chicanery in Nigeria.

"In the 2007 Presidential election, my late boss again endorsed General Buhari in the following words: "When we talk of anti-corruption war, there is no way you will exclude General Buhari. I don't want to hear what a political party is going to do, whether ANPP or PDP or NDP or which other political organization. Tell me who is leading the party, tell me who is leading the government, that's my concern. It's a matter of leadership. This is a serious election, very serious one".

"Some of those same forces and interests that saw the back of General Buhari in 1985 are still very much around with us. You can hear their voices getting louder of late, preaching hate and toiling hard to incite the people against the President.

"They want us to go back to our old ways, disguised as if they genuinely care for the masses of this country. When you look at the profile and ignoble antecedents of these characters - the emergency heroes, some of us have no option but to undertake this role we have been called upon to assume just to ensure that they do not succeed in their selfish enterprise.

"For all I have said above, my convictions about this job are deep and well thought-out. Given my background, it is clear that I cannot be a sycophantic rabble-rouser, looking for some personal gains. Having reached the top echelon of my career, some of us can conveniently stay away from all these, and continue to earn a good living from our thriving law practice.

"However, the call of duty beckons because we are at a critical crossroads in our history where one wrong turn may take us back to the sorry state from which we are emerging. We are here to convince and appeal to the masses not to allow us take that wrong turn.

"Now, it is important I elaborate a bit on this "sorry state" from which we are coming. Some people always attempt to befuddle the issues by continually reminding us of certain statistics that existed before 2015 and after 2015. However, our situation before 2015 is comparable to that of a car on a high speed, seemingly doing well on the road, but with the temperature gauge already rising. That car is in trouble. But to the uninformed, the car would be seen as doing well.

"However, the callous driver, fully aware of the rising temperature in the engine, continues to speed on. After some time, it is inevitable that the engine of the car would overheat and crash. In that state, the callous driver hands over the car to the new driver. The new driver, seeing the condition of the vehicle, decides to fix the radiator first which is responsible for the overheating in order to protect the engine, before setting out on the road again. Yet, the callous driver mischievously calls everyone to come and see how the new driver has parked the car to fix the engine before setting out once again. The callous driver tells everyone that the new driver is clueless; that that is why the car was parked briefly.

"The above anecdote is a graphic reflection of the situation we find ourselves. With the crash in oil prices just before 2015, the previous government resorted to borrowing to pay salaries and recklessly drew down on our foreign reserves, just to give the impression that all was well. So much unearned money was also circulating in the country amongst a few, giving the false impression that we were in a buoyant economy. However, the economy was headed for a crash. All the indices show that the slip into recession started shortly before this government took over, like the car which engine was already over-heating.

"The attempt by a few to deceive the people that all was well with us before this government took over, is one of the reasons some of us have decided to come out of our shells to put a hole in that false narrative. It is simply a big lie. I am persuaded that the Buhari Government took the right measures to halt a bigger disaster awaiting our economy had it been otherwise. Those who are persuaded otherwise are within their legitimate right to do so. We are all patriots, trying to find the right answers to our problems as a nation.

"However, if you are persuaded otherwise, kindly state in details what exactly should have been done to run the economy better, given the crash in oil prices and production that dropped to around 700,000 barrels per day. Surely, discerning Nigerians would no longer buy the fable of "Buhari destroyed our economy".

"If I voted Buhari in 2015 and I am to vote for him again in 2019, then why can't I campaign vigorously for him? I see no reason. It is a fallacy to say you are neutral in politics, yet you step forward to cast your vote at elections. If you are persuaded enough to vote for a candidate of your choice, then you must also be persuaded enough to campaign for that candidate, because your vote would be lost if you do not convince others to also adopt your position.

"That is why I have made my choice for 2019 and I will publicly stand by it. That choice is President Muhammadu Buhari. For those who are persuaded otherwise, I challenge them to also name their choices because you cannot criticise my choice of a candidate without naming your own choice. After all, the President would not be running against ghosts or against a vacuum. Therefore, this is not a time to hide behind a blanket criticism of any candidate. Each candidate should be assessed in comparative terms with other candidates.

"There has also been much attempt to de-market the President using his age and health as pummeling tools, and as such raising the decibel in the clarion call for a young or younger President. Firstly, on the issues of age and health, it would be ungodly and outrageous for a mere mortal to assume the status of God Almighty to speculate on the longevity or strength of any human being. Even doctors have been proven wrong on so many occasions. It is a matter entirely in the hands of God. Our past Presidents that died in office (Abacha and Yar'Adua) were in their prime. In fact, Abacha did not even show any sign of a failing health before he slumped and died.

"In Zimbabwe, the main opposition candidate for years, Morgan Tsvangirai used the issue of age and health to campaign against President Mugabe, urging him to go and retire and rest. Yet, just a few weeks ago, Morgan Tsvangirai died at the age of 65 and Mugabe is still alive and kicking at the age of 94. Those are the mysterious ways of God Almighty. No human being should even use that as a campaign gimmick. That person would be courting the wrath of God Almighty.

"In addition, no one can argue that age has anything to do with the required integrity to be the President of a country. I also firmly believe that our value systems in politics and the society have been so damaged pre-2015, that a firm and experienced hand is needed to reset our collective psyche before we can set sail again. The notion that public office is just available to share money which was the norm pre-2015 is gradually being changed.

"Spending a few more years to sustain that kind of re-orientation will do us a world of good. President Buhari is one of the very last of the upright Mohicans in Nigeria available to help reclaim public integrity before he takes his bow in 2023, if the Nigerian people so wish. We must take advantage of his still being around to deepen the nation's moral fabric.

"The choices before us have never been so CLEAR in the history of our country. On the one hand are those who are already in the mud and seeking to drag others into the mud. These are the ones who keep saying "We are all corrupt together", and who keep confessing and apologising like people coming out of a trance. They say they should be forgiven because they have been "honest" enough to confess and apologise.

"Fellow Nigerians, there is nothing like an honest thief. It is a disgusting oxymoron. A thief is a thief. This is especially so if the thief did not willingly come out to admit he was a thief until his hands were caught right inside the cookie jar.

"The other choice before us is a President who has been accused of everything that is false but even his most ardent critics, and detractors locally and internationally have not accused him of having a penchant for wealth accumulation. I am persuaded to campaign for him by his austere lifestyle, his Spartan taste and frugal nature. I am not looking for a god or an angel to vote for. They are not around here on earth. I am only looking for someone with these minimum personal qualities I have enumerated above. The President's other human flaws may be there, but I am waiting for the candidates of our opponents to show me their credentials from heaven.

"People can easily point to those with questionable past in the ruling party, the APC. With my antecedents and in my true conscience, I cannot defend them and cannot make excuses for them. However, in joining the President's party, they are subjecting themselves to the disciplined leadership of the President. Like Chief Gani Fawehinmi, SAN said above, it is the leadership that matters. Like I always ask: should we all stop going to church because some known sinners also throng to churches every Sunday? The obvious answer is in the negative.

"On the other hand, the other party whose key leaders were all part of those who pilfered our commonwealth are about to present us with one amongst themselves as a Presidential candidate in 2019. Of course, reasonable Nigerians are waiting to dismiss that before it happens.

"However, for some of my friends, colleagues and associates who are still persuaded by the other way of running our country, and who belong to different political platforms, all I can do is to wish them well, but also state that this is a time for us to agree to disagree. It is all for the good of our country. It will bring out the best in us in canvassing our persuasions. However, I will be putting my heart and soul to this assignment and if anyone is offended by my commitment to the cause, I offer no apology. You can also do likewise to advance your cause. Nigerians would decide at the end of the day.

"My message to all those teeming supporters who did it in 2015 for our President is that you do not abandon a ship with which you set sail midway. Our race is not a 100-meter dash. It is a marathon race to rescue our country. We are almost there. When we turn the corner in 2019, you will see the tape at the finishing line. We must not run out of breaths. We believed in 2015. We must keep that belief alive. The hallmark of true supporters is to stand firm in times of storm and in times of calm. The storm is almost over. The President has battled to take control of the steering wheel of the nation and we are on course.

"Do not let the naysayers bully you whether in real life or in cyberspaces. When they run out of arguments, they resort to abuses. If they abuse you, see them as patriots, but misguided ones; if they attack you, see them as patriots, but misguided ones; if they call you unprintable names, see them as passionate patriots, but misguided ones. Do not retaliate. With time, especially when majority of votes wipe out their minority opinions in 2019, they will come round to you and acknowledge your vision. So, hold your own and keep your heads up.

"For us, this race is never a do-or-die affair. We shall present the facts as we see them and let Nigerians decide. We do not have to hire Cambridge Analytica to scare the electorate. They are already sufficiently scared by the humongous corruption that took place under the watch of the last government; the electorate are already sufficiently scared by those who are apologizing just to sneak their way back to power; the electorate are also sufficiently scared by the tons of cash buried in graveyards, farm houses, luxury flats in Ikoyi, in Yachts in the High Seas and those used to buy real estate strewn all over the world.

"Nigerians know from where their problems came. They know it is not President Buhari. They know it came from some of those battling tooth and nail to displace him. Those who are persuaded by us should not remain aloof, please. Kindly join us in this journey."

President Buhari ended months of speculation when he officially announced his intention to seek re-election in the 2019 presidential election during a meeting with the National Executive Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Monday, April 9, 2018.
2019 presidential race

Motivational speaker and leadership coach, Fela Durotoye, became the second aspirant to officially declare his intention to contest for president after he joined the Alliance for a New Nigeria (ANN) on February 22, 2018. Omoyele Sowore, the publisher of online news platform, Sahara Reporters, declared his intention to run just days later on February 25.

Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose, was the first aspirant to have officially declared his intention to contest after his announcement in September 2017.

A former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Prof. Kingsley Moghalu, Lagos-based businessman, Ahmed Buhari, medical practitioner, Dr. Thomas-Wilson Ikubese, and IT entrepreneur, Adamu Garba II are also in the running.

Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, is expected to be President Buhari's biggest challenger after he left the APC and moved back to the PDP.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/nigerians-know-president-is-not.html

Celebrities / Actress Michelle Dede Shares Horrifying Experience With Police Officers by 1Ebisco: 9:11am On Apr 18, 2018
Nigerian Nollywood actress Michelle Dede has shared her experiences in the hands of some police officers who keep harassing and assaulting her and some other female citizens.

According to Michelle, the police checkpoint that is situated at Adebimpe Drive in Lekki Phase 1 area of Lagos has witness police officers constantly harass women asking them for money.

She said on this particular occasion she was coming back from a Virgil night when they got to the checkpoint, the policemen that mounted there asked them to come down and that they wanted to search the car.

But instead of searching the car has they had suggested the refused and only wanted to search her hand bag and wallet to remove money, she said this is not the first time such incident is happening.

When she refused allowing them search her wallet, they started pushing her and called her different kinds of names insinuating that she was a pr-s-itu-e even after she told them she was coming from a night Vilgil.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/actress-michelle-dede-shares-horrifying.html

Politics / 8 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Katsina State by 1Ebisco: 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2018
The Katsina State Police Command said it has arrested eight suspected kidnappers terrorising residents of the state.

This was disclosed in a statement by the command’s spokesman, DSP Gambo Isa, on Monday.

Isa said that four of the suspects, Joshua Yohanna, 22; Musa Ibrahim, 25; Nafiu Umar, 32; and Kabir Lawal, 28; were arrested in Kafur Local Government Area of the state.

The spokesman said the suspects, through a phone call, threatened to kidnap and kill one Haruna Bello and Nuhu Yusuf of Gozaki town if they refused to pay a ransom of three million Naira.

He said: “the victims have already sent N300,000 to them with a promise of sending the remaining amount later to avoid being kidnapped or killed.’’

Isa said the duo later reported to the police and the police Special Anti Robbery Squad swung into action and arrested of the suspects.

“During investigation, police arrested the four suspects who confessed to have committed the act.

“The police recovered the sim card they used in sending threat messages to their victims,’’ he said.

The spokesman further said that the police arrested four other suspected kidnappers in the state.

Isa identified the suspects as Mubarak Babangida, 21; Abubakar Lawal, 19; Aliyu Lawal, 22; and Nura Abdulhamid, 22.

He said they were arrested following a tip off, adding that the suspects were arrested with women dresses planning to kidnap a four-year-old boy.

The spokesman said that the suspects would be prosecuted after investigations.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/8-suspected-kidnappers-arrested-in.html

Celebrities / Ufuoma Mcdermott Melts Internet To Mark 8th Wedding Anniversary (photos) by 1Ebisco: 10:24am On Apr 17, 2018
Nollywood actress Ufuoma Mcdermott is now 8 years stronger in her marriage with her husband Steven McDermott.

The couple who got married on April 11 2010 are showing that they got what it takes to put up their heads together under one roof for as long as they wish.

Well a union of this caliber will not be complete if they is no evident or product coming out of staying together for 8 years.

They are blessed with two wonderful kids Kesiena Alize and Isio Jared in their union.

In celebration of this new milestone, the actress melted the internet with some hot photos which she tagged “100ShadesOfUfuoma to mark the anniversary”.

She captioned a photo with: “Today is my official #WeddingAnniversary. This day 8 years ago, my husband and I, together with a few friends signed the dotted lines at the Ikoyi registry.8 years gone. 80 more to go.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/ufuoma-mcdermott-melts-internet-to-mark.html

Celebrities / Actress Comes For Spouses Who Hide Investments From Each Other by 1Ebisco: 8:41am On Apr 16, 2018
Eucharia Anunobi has a message for couples who have investments and properties and keep them away from their better half.

The actress made this know via her Instagram page on Monday, April 16, 2018, where she said when such decisions are made, they end up enriching lawyers and banks outside their marriages when they die and no one is away of these properties.

"You're married . The rule is two becomes one . As a husband or wife , you have investments , houses built in different places , you have money stashed in various banks . This your wife / husband doesn't know of the existence of all the above . You're happy right ? Gleefully you say to yourself : am so smart ! Now , consider this : if you were to drop dead right now , or so ill that you can't talk , who gets to inherit and take care of these things ?

"Banks get enriched. Strangers cum government inherit your properties. Wicked personal lawyers divert your assets because you gave them instructions: Don't let my wife/husband know that I have these things.Now, who's the fool? Truly the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness - 1 Corinthians 3: 18 - 20. Proverbs 13: 22. Is it not time, you realise that who you really have is your spouse? Beloved ones have an amazing week. Peace always in JESUS name," she said.

Guys, if you are married and feel this advice is directed towards you, maybe you should listen to Eucharia.

Eucharia finishes pastoral school despite son's death

Eucharia Anunobi says she was able to round up with school despite the death of her son, Raymond. The veteran actress took to her Instagram page on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, where she shared a number of photos for her fans as she graduates from RCCG's School of Disciples.

In one of her photos, she made reference to her ability to finish her exams despite being in the process of burying her son.
Eucharia reveals that her son was killed by the doctors

Eucharia Anunobi had revealed that her son, Raymond was mistakenly killed by doctors. The veteran actress revealed this while granting an interview with Saturday Beats and also talked about why she celebrated her son’s posthumous birthday.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/actress-comes-for-spouses-who-hide.html

Travel / Found Footage Reveals Wreckage Of 1906 San Francisco Quake by 1Ebisco: 7:10pm On Apr 15, 2018
The nine-minute silent film, much of it previously thought to be lost, shows the ruins left by the earthquake that ravaged San Francisco 112 years ago.

According to David Kiehn, a film historian who helped to identify and restore the footage, which he said was shot by the pioneering Miles Bros. film studio in San Francisco.

The rediscovered work is a fitting follow-up to the famous Miles Bros. production “A Trip Down Market Street Before the Fire,” which shows the bustling city just days before the earthquake, its inhabitants unaware of the disaster to come on April 18, 1906.

“It’s quite a bookend to the earlier film where you see the activity down Market Street, only in a different light because everything is devastated,” Kiehn said.

Less than a decade ago, his research revealed that the earlier Miles Bros. movie was filmed not in 1905, as was long believed, but just four days before the earthquake. The new footage, which he painstakingly digitized, was filmed just a few weeks later, he said.

For the first five or so minutes, the newly found film takes viewers on a trip similar to the one in the earlier Miles Bros. production, Kiehn said. Unlike that movie, the camera in the new one occasionally pans from side to side to reveal the rubble lining Market Street, San Francisco’s main artery.

Soon, the landmark Ferry Building comes into view, its scaffolding offering a clue to the date. A photograph marked April 22 shows no such support structure, while one dated May 3 shows more scaffolding than appears in the film, suggesting the film was made sometime in between, Kiehn said.

The movie then cuts to a different view of the Ferry Building site, panning back to Market Street, where wagons are lined up for passage across the bay.

“You can even see a military guard with a bayoneted rifle standing post to control the crowds, and there’s dozens and dozens of these wagons just waiting there,” Kiehn said. “You can see all the devastation in the background.”

The latter portion of the film shows buildings being demolished with explosives. In a final scene, a crowd gathered to watch one such blast with the occasional bystander turning to look at the camera, which was still a novelty in 1906.

That final stretch of the footage is tinted red, a kind of silent film special effect, Kiehn said.

“In the early days, they would tint the film to kind of give a little color to the image,” he said. “Traditionally, red would be fire and night scenes would be tinted blue and they would have other colors to indicate some kind of mood.”

The film’s recent journey from obscurity began about two years ago.

Around that time, David F. Silver, a Bay Area dealer of antique and vintage cameras, met a man selling the reel, which was in particularly good condition and featured scenes Silver didn’t recognize. After an inspection — and a brief panic when the seller held the highly flammable nitrate film perilously close to a light — Silver decided to buy it.

“It’s the kind of treasure that I look for,” he said.

But, distracted by other work, Silver ignored the film for about a year. After unspooling much of the film down a hallway at home for a more thorough look, he was still unable to identify it, so in early 2017 he shared a post about it with a Facebook group dedicated to California history.

One of the members of the group, Nick Wright, reached out to help and eventually connected Silver with his brother, Jason Wright, a dealer of antique photographs based in England, who agreed to buy the reel from Silver.

“I was kind of secretly hoping it was going to be this long-lost Miles Bros. film, so I took a chance on it,” Wright said.

If it was what he had hoped, he wanted to preserve the film, Wright said. So he contacted Kiehn, who was featured on a 2010 “60 Minutes” segment about the pre-earthquake film.

After matching the footage to descriptions in a Miles Bros. advertisement from June 1906, Kiehn set about digitizing it, a process that took about 20 hours in all. To do so, he used a home-built machine to advance the film and photograph each frame with a digital camera. In all, the reel contained 8,665 frames, 16 for every second of footage, he said.

The recovered film was to be shown publicly for the first time this weekend in three sold-out shows at the Edison Theater, a century-old venue restored by the Niles Essanay Silent Film Museum, where Kiehn is a film historian. The movie will be play again in early June at the 1,400-seat Castro Theater during the San Francisco Silent Film Festival.

Wright said he plans to post at least some of the video online and will keep an archival copy for himself and share another with the Library of Congress. He wasn’t sure what he’ll do with the reel itself, he said.

“It’s been digitized, it’s been put down on safety film,” he said. “So I feel good that it’s been done. It’s been saved now.”

This article originally appeared in The New York Times.

NIRAJ CHOKSHI © 2018 The New York Times

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/found-footage-reveals-wreckage-of-1906.html

Education / 53 Candidates Sit For Common Entrance Exam In Cotonou by 1Ebisco: 8:22am On Apr 15, 2018
The National Examination Council has said out of the 79,987 candidates that sat for the 2018 Common Entrance Examination on Saturday, April 14, 2018, 53 of them wrote the exam in Benin Republic.

A board member of the council, Mrs Augusta Igbokwe, made this known while speaking with Newsmen after the exam on Saturday.

The Common Entrance Exam is designed for the placement of candidates who have completed their primary school education into the 104 Unity Schools across the six geopolitical zones in the country.

necoAccording to the News Agency of Nigeria, a total of 79,987 candidates subscribed for the exam nationwide with not less than 26,000 writing across 116 centres in Lagos State including Cotonou in Benin Republic.

Speaking about the successful conduct of the exam, Igboke said NECO has progressively undertaken measures that will ensure a zero-tolerance for malpractice of any form.

“Now, I can tell you that so far, with what we have observed, it has been calm all the way as the supervisors and the invigilators have ensured that the candidates complied with the rules.

“If we should get things right at this level which is the foundation level, then you can be sure that we will all witness a better Nigeria with great future leaders.

“The mandate given to us as board members is to ensure that NECO is taken to another level as we are working hard to ensure that no illegality will be associated with council’s examinations''.

NECO does not withhold results

On how NECO releases exam results, Igboke said, the Council is he only exam body that does not withhold candidates' results.

“This is because as far as you registered for the examination and your data stored in the system, there must surely be a result. The computers and the facilities are world-class with very dedicated staff as well as full logistics in place.

“In addition to our commitment in ensuring that every Nigerian child is given an opportunity to sit for this exam, the council left its registration portal open until today, she said.

The Common Entrance Examination is a one-day exam for primary school pupils that are seeking admission into Federal Government-owned Unity Secondary Schools across the country.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/53-candidates-sit-for-common-entrance.html

1 Share

Celebrities / Omawumi Stuns In Photos To Mark Her New Age by 1Ebisco: 6:47pm On Apr 14, 2018
Omawumi Megbele, known by her stage name Omawumi, is a Nigerian singer-songwriter and actress of Itsekiri ethnicity She is a brand ambassador for Globacom, Konga, and Malta Guinness.

The Nigerian vocalist who was born on 13 April 1982 is a year older today; she marks her 36th birthday by flooding the internet with some stunning pictures.

Omawuni is married to Tosin Yussuf since 2014 and the marriage is blessed with a child named Emmanuella Kamillah Yussuf.

The beautiful young lady possesses a very strong and sweet voice that has captured the mind of many Nigerian. She is really grateful to God for adding another fruitful year to her existence on earth.

Omawumi rose to prominence as a contestant on Idols West Africa. Omawumi, with her strong voice and out-going personality, was voted the 1st runner-up of the competition when it ended in May 2007.

Since then, she has had numerous performances on the stage with musicians such as P-Square, 2face Idibia, D'Banj, Banky W, M.I, Sasha, 9ice, Chaka Demus and Pliers, Carl Thomas, Angie Stone and Donell Jones, Angelique Kidjo, among others.

Happy birthday to her.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/omawumi-stuns-in-photos-to-mark-her-new.html

Crime / Police Arrest Man With Roasted Human Parts In Taraba by 1Ebisco: 7:28am On Apr 14, 2018
Taraba State Police Command, yesterday, arrested a-60-year-old, Abubakar Abdulkadir, for allegedly being in possession of roasted human parts.

The State command’s Public Relations Officer, Mr. David Misal, who disclosed this in Jalingo, said the suspect was arrested at Alin-Gora village, Ardo-kola Council Area of the state with the body parts suspected to be that of his nephew, Ali Gimba, reportedly missing since April 27.

Misal said the man had roasted the body parts and stacked it in a sack when the police arrested him following a tip off.

“I can confirm to you that we arrested one Abubarka Abdulkadir, who was found in possession of body parts suspected to be that of a missing boy. He roasted part of the boy’s body and loaded it in a sack.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/police-arrest-man-with-roasted-human.html

Politics / Dino Melaye: Court Issues Bench Warrant Against Accused by 1Ebisco: 7:27pm On Apr 13, 2018
A Kogi High Court sitting in Lokoja on Friday issued a bench warrant against one Ade Obege, standing trial with four others over alleged assassination attempt on Sen. Dino Melaye in April, 2017.

The presiding judge, Justice Fola Ajayi, who issued the bench warrant, following the failure of the accused to appear for his trial, also ordered that summons be issued to his sureties.

NAN reports that when the case was called, the second accused was conspicuously absent and no cogent reason was given for his absence.

Apart from the failure of Obege to appear for his trial, the case could also not progress because of the absence of the police prosecuting counsel, Lough Simon, in court.

Samuel Ikutanwa Esq, who held the brief for Simon, told the court that the prosecutor could not attend the sitting because of the sudden death of his father.

Ikutanwa said the development had already been communicated to the parties to the suit, adding that he was not availed the details of the case.

Counsel to Obege, Mr Ayo Jonathan, told the court that his client was last seen on March 22, when he came to court for his trial.

According to Jonathan, the wife of the accused said she had not seen her husband since March 22, when he left Okene for Lokoja, adding that he wanted to conclude that Obege was missing.

Reacting to the submission of the counsel, Ikutanwa prayed the court to issue a bench warrant against the accused since there was no cogent reason for him not being in court.

Justice Ajayi, in his ruling, ordered that a bench warrant be issued against Obege, while his sureties be summoned.

He adjourned the case to May 14 and 15 for hearing.

The Administrator of Ijumu Local Government Council, Alhaji Taofiq Isa and four others, including Obege were arraigned before late Justice Aromeh Akogu by the Police over alleged involvement in the attempt to assassinate Melaye in April 2017.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/dino-melaye-court-issues-bench-warrant.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (of 6 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 249
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.