Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,262 members, 7,853,300 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:58 PM

1Ebisco's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1Ebisco's Profile / 1Ebisco's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (of 6 pages)

Celebrities / Tonto Dikeh Remarries? Prays For A Baby Girl by 1Ebisco: 3:03pm On Feb 08, 2018
Nigerian Nollywood actress Tonto Wigo Charity Dikeh-Churchill widely referred to as Tonto Dikeh is also a philanthropist, she hails from the Ekwerre tribe in Rivers State.

The actress was formerly married to Olakunle Churchhill which they had a son together but currently the marriage had been dissolved.

Tonto took to social media last night when playing with her son Andre begging god to give her a baby girl.

She wrote; “kia my ovaries Lord give me a baby girl.”

Who will father the baby is the question now, as she is divorced or could she be remarried already in secret?

She has been banned from airing King Andre in her TV reality show any longer; this was issued by a magistrate court in Lagos as her ex-husband sees it as exposing the child for her own selfish gains

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/tonto-dikeh-remarries-prays-for-baby.html

Celebrities / #bbnaija: Housemates Are Dirty!!! Tboss Blasts Critics by 1Ebisco: 1:21pm On Feb 08, 2018
Nigerian big brother Naija 2017 housemate Tboss has some words for those that criticized over her statement about the housemates of the 2018 big brother Naija.

The 1st runner up in the last edition had said that the current housemates are dirty.

She had taken to instagram to share are disgust over the housemates and had advice big brother to bring them to order.

Well many didn’t like her opinion and have been criticizing her opinion; Tboss has come out to blast her critics.

She said that all those criticizing her observation are people that cannot walk up to her on a normal day that they are only using the N100 data they bought to talk to her.

According to Tboss, anybody who has a ‘bloody brain and bloody eyes’, will see what was happening in the house on Saturday Night.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/bbnaija-housemates-are-dirty-tboss.html

Celebrities / Meet The Luckiest Man That Marries Aliko Dangote’s Daughter by 1Ebisco: 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2018
Bill Gates to attend the wedding of Aliko Dangote's daughter, Fatima as she marries Jamil, son of former Police IG, MD Abubakar

A mega wedding, maybe even the mother of all weddings is coming up in March 2018 at the presitigious Eko Hotels and Suites, Lagos.

It's the union of Fatima Dangote and Jamil Abubakar.

The wedding of Fatima, the daughter of Africa’s richest billionaire, Aliko Dangote and Jamil, the pilot son of former Inspector General (IG) of Police, MD Abubakar will bring together the high and mighty in Nigeria and from around the world.

According to reports, about five presidents in the world and all the past presidents of Nigeria are billed to attend the weddding as well as world’s renowned billionaire philanthropist and Microsoft boss, Bill Gate, has confirmed his intent to attend the wedding.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/meet-luckiest-man-that-marries-aliko.html

Celebrities / This Fathia Balogun's Beautiful Pictures Will Charm You by 1Ebisco: 8:06pm On Feb 05, 2018
Fathia Balogun is 49 years old today and the United Kingdom returnee has upload beautiful pictures on Instagram to depict she is ageless.

The birthday photos of Nigerian actress, Fathia Balogun now Fathia Williams will charm you if you look too closely they say.

The film maker, producer and director took professional photos in a white shirt was she struck simple poses with heartwarming smiles. Her fans have stormed her social media pages to express their profound love to a great icon who has being relevant to the film industry for over a decade.

She was born in Ikeja in February 1969. Her ancestry is from Okpara, Delta State. She attended Maryland Primary School and Maryland Comprehensive Secondary School in Lagos state, where she obtained the West African School Certificate before she proceeded to Kwara State Polytechnic where she received a diploma certificate.

She has starred, produced and directed several Nigerian films over the years. In 2008, she won the Africa movie Academy Award for the Most Outstanding Actress Indigenous and her movie Iranse Aje won the best indigenous film of the year.

In April 2014, she won the Africa Movie Academy Award, having emerged as best actress of the year along with Odunlade Adekola who emerged as best actor of the year.

Faithia Balogun also won the Best Indigenous Language: Yoruba award for the work done in the film Iya Alalake at the 2015 Africa-Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards AMVCA

She was formerly married to the veteran nollywood actor, Saheed Balogun.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/this-fathia-baloguns-beautiful-pictures.html

Celebrities / Skiibii Finally Opens Up On Why He Left Five Star Music by 1Ebisco: 7:24am On Feb 05, 2018
Former Five Star Music artiste, Abbey Elias, aka Skiibii, has explained the factors behind his decision to quit his former record company.

In a chat with Sunday Scoop, he said,

“If you have a girlfriend, it is normal for both of you to fight once in a while. Blood brothers fight each other too. I didn’t leave Five Star because I wasn’t treated well. I just felt it was time for me to do things on my own. Now, I don’t need anyone’s confirmation before I put out new songs.

“I was not scared leaving Five Star as I had thought over the decision carefully. I have always wanted to run my own record company, even before I joined Kcee, but I needed to start from somewhere. Five Star Music was like a college for me; I went to school and I graduated. We still talk like we used to; the only difference is that I am now my own boss.”

Excited about his first single since exiting Five Star, Skibobo, he said,

“It is the first of many songs that I plan to release this year. It was produced by DTunes and it talks about going the extra mile for the person you love.”

Maintaining that he is satisfied with his growth in the industry, he said,

“I am better than a lot of artistes. I am ready to put out more music this year and I am not the Skiibii people used to know. I need to show the world what I am capable of. When I was under a label, I couldn’t do whatever I wanted but the story is different now. I may even decide to release my debut album this year as I am not short of songs.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/skiibii-finally-opens-up-on-why-he-left.html

Celebrities / Nollywood Actor Armstrong Loses Wife In Fatal Car Crash by 1Ebisco: 9:43pm On Feb 03, 2018
Nollywood Actor and S.A to the Akwa Ibom State governor on Agriculture, Moses Armstrong, has lost his wife, Rita, today in a fatal auto crash along the Benin-Ore road.

She was also a member of the Actors Guild of Nigeria.

Rita had escaped death in March 2012 after she was involved in a near fatal accident in Lagos along Ikorodu road when the driver of the cab she was in lost control and rammed into a fence with her sustaining serious injuries on the face.

She left two kids behind. May her soul rest in peace and may God grant her actor husband the fortitude to bear this irreplaceable loss.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/nollywood-actor-armstrong-loses-wife-in.html

Politics / Why Buhari’s Government Has Failed Nigerians – Jonathan’s Ex-aide, Jude Imagwe by 1Ebisco: 4:01pm On Feb 03, 2018
Comrade Jude Imagwe, former aide to Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on Youth and Students’ Affairs, yesterday revealed why the government of President Muhammadu Buhari has failed to meet the expectations of Nigerians.

According to him, the President’s inability to assemble credible ministers and aides had been the bane of his administration.
In an interview with Leadership newspaper, Imagwe said: “Obasanjo assembled ministers that were proactive and dedicated. The mere mention of FCT, what comes to mind is el’ Rufia, NAFDAC, you think of late Dora Akunyili and so many others.

“Jonathan also had ministers who are credible; sadly this that cannot be said with Buhari’s ministers and that is why the so-called change agenda still remain a mirage.

“Nigeria should be entrusted in the hands of the young generation and people who have succeeded in their chosen fields because they think better on how to move the country forward.

“Buhari must stand up now and change his cabinet because none of his minsters can be said to be outstanding 3 years into his administration.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/why-buharis-government-has-failed.html

Celebrities / Genevieve Nnaji’s Photo Set Instagram On Fire by 1Ebisco: 7:14am On Feb 03, 2018
Nigerian Nollywood actress and singer, Genevieve Nnaji hails from Mbiase in Imo state, she has set instagram on fire from the recent photos she shared.

The star took to twitter to upload a picture that many keep pondering on why she is this beautiful.

Many have asked for the secret to her beauty while some have been questioning her, like, when will you grow old and when will this beauty fade away.

In the photo she shared, she looked so adorable and it looks like it’s a painting or drawing of the star.

She does not only stand out in her beauty, she has attained a great height in her career.

She won the Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role in 2005, making her the first actress to win the award. In 2011, she was honored as a Member of the Order of the Federal Republic by the Nigerian government for her contribution in Nollywood.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/genevieve-nnajis-photo-set-instagram-on.html

Celebrities / Alarming!!! Apostle Suleman Goes Into Acting by 1Ebisco: 8:59pm On Feb 02, 2018
The founder of Omega Fire Ministry Apostle Suleman has discovered a new medium to spread the gospel.

The apostle has recently been knocked with some controversies about him involved in a s-x scandal, but the Man of God has put that aside as he goes into Nollywood to test his acting skills.

The OFM founder has just dropped his first movie titled Black Elijah. He plays the role of the 21st century Prophet Elijah in the movie. The movie according to him is based on his true life story and he wants to use this to encourage others that are going through what he went through.

He made this known in his church official page, as this is his maiden movie he is featured in. it is going to be shown on the 4th of February at light house cinemas in Warri.

“It’s almost here

Black Elijah movie premiere, Warri

A true story of Apostle Suleman

Date Sunday 4th February

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/alarming-apostle-suleman-goes-into.html

Celebrities / Rapper Xbusta Dump Five Star Music by 1Ebisco: 11:11am On Feb 02, 2018
Nigerian rapper Okafor Golden Chinedu, popularly known as Xbusta, has exited Five Star Music record label.

Xbusta who joined Five Star Music in 2015, has now joined former record label mates, Harrysong and Skiibii to leave the top record label company.

The rapper took to his Instagram page to share a photo of himself and the owners of the record label (KCee and E-Money) signing a document.

He wrote:

“It was an awesome experience and an amazing journey for me as a member of Five Star Music. I learned a lot and I will always be grateful.

“The reception was warm and the love was pure. I was taught to know the business, to have a good heart, to help others, to be prayerful, to be consistent and most importantly I was taught to be a man.

“Five Star was and is still a home for me but as a student graduates and moves into the labour market so I move ahead with the blessings from my teachers to go into the world, succeed and reproduce.

“I thank you for this wonderful opportunity; I am so excited and I promise to make the best out of it…”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/rapper-xbusta-dump-five-star-music.html

Celebrities / Omotola Ekeinde Releases Photos From Her 40th Birthday Shoot by 1Ebisco: 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2018
Stunning woman! The mum of four will be turning 40 on February 7th. She shared this photo from her birthday photo shoot with celebrity photographer, Kelechi Amadi-Obi.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/omo-sexy-nollywood-actress-omotola.html

Politics / 2018 Budget: Senate Insists On Rollover Projects For Nigerian Army by 1Ebisco: 4:25pm On Feb 01, 2018
The Senate on Thursday, has insisted that uncompleted projects of the Nigerian army must be rolled over to the new year for appropriation rather than abandoning those projects for new ones.

Senate Committee on Nigeria Army stated this while hosting Nigerian Army to its 2018 budget defence in Abuja.

Chief of Army staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai who appeared before the committee explained that the 2017 capital budget performance for the Nigerian Army was 57%, thereby, constituting a huge challenge for the Army to overcome some tasks.

According to Gen. Buratai who appeared alongside military chiefs in charge of army formations across the country, there was never an abandoned projects since he became the Chief of Army Staff.

“Distinguished Chairman, Senators, what we normally do is to work with what releases we have and since I became the Chief of Army Staff, we have never had abandoned projects”, he said.

He said, they would always work with realeses, though there were things that normally require immediate action depending on the security implications.

Member of the Committee, Senator James Manager commended the military for the risk they were taking to ensure safety of Nigerians.

Manager advocated for a first line charge budget for the military which would compel a 100% releases and on time, adding that Nigeria military was too sensitive to be subjected to budget politics.

“If the Army was not doing their jobs, nobody would be safe in Nigeria. We can not even sit to make laws for Nigeria in the National Assembly, so we must commend the military,” the lawmaker said.

Meanwhile, Committee Chairman, Senator George Akume said, the military was doing well in protecting Nigeria’s territorial integrity, saying, Senate would ensure adequate provision of 2018 budgets.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/2018-budget-senate-insists-on-rollover.html

Celebrities / If 1million Naira Was Mistakenly Transferred To Your Account, What Will You Do? by 1Ebisco: 9:34am On Feb 01, 2018
Hey Mc Ebisco Readers,

How are you doing today? I will you all a stress free day ahead.

I have a controversial question for you guys to test your level of integrity. Please be sincere with your answers to make it fun.

Basically, the current status of the country is bad and we all looking for a narrow escape to make ends meet.

You remember that miracle we all pray for on a daily basis to happen.

Now imagine you have zero account balance and you have urgent bills to settle.

And you mistakenly get a credit alert of 1million Naira, What Will You Do?

If 1Million Naira Was Mistakenly Transferred To Your Account, What Will You Do?

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/lets-talk-if-1million-naira-was.html

Crime / 5 Killed As Suicide Bombers Attack IDP Camp by 1Ebisco: 12:20am On Feb 01, 2018
At least five persons were reported dead and 39 others injured as two suicide bombers on Wednesday night attacked an Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camp in Maiduguri, Borno state.

Officials of the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) who confirmed the incident to journalists in Maiduguri said the attack occurred at about 8p.m.

The chairman of SEMA, Satomi Ahmed, said the two suicide bombers targeted Dalori IDP camp located at the outskirts of capital city near the University of Maiduguri.

“The attack was carried out by two teenage girls, one of them gained access to the camp and detonated herself killing herself and five others, while 39 others were injured in the blast,” said Mr Ahmed.

“The second one could not make it into the camp before his explosive went off, killing only himself.”

Dalori camp is one of the largest IDP camps in Maiduguri.

Neither the police nor the military has issued a statement in respect of the attack.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/5-killed-as-suicide-bombers-attack-idp.html

Celebrities / Meet Actress, Taiwo Aromokun, The Blonde Born Again Christian by 1Ebisco: 7:49pm On Jan 31, 2018
Nigerian actress and movie producer Taiwo Aromokun is rocking in her new look.

The university of Lagos graduate with a degree in banking and finance is said to be in England after her marriage had failed.

She was married to one Olayemi Abimbola aka ‘Ogun of Holland’ on December 26 2012.

Taiwo is a twin and she also gave birth to a set of twin in july 2013.

The England based star who had earlier declared she is born again recently shared photos of her on a blonde colour hair and she rocks as she looks stunning and gorgeous.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/01/meet-actress-taiwo-aromokun-blonde-born.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Fani-kayode Has Heart Disease by 1Ebisco: 6:05pm On Jan 31, 2018
The trial of a former Aviation minister, Femi Fani-kayode, stalled on Wednesday after the defendant’s lawyer told the judge his client could not attend proceedings due to heart-related ailments.

Norris Quakers, Mr. Fani-Kayode’s lawyer, said the ex-minister was complaining of a heart-related pain and had hospitalized for a heart disease. He said he would provide a medical report later today.

Mr. Fani-Kayode and Nenadi Usman, a former minister of state for finance, are facing a 17-count of money laundering amounting to N4.6 billion.

The adjournment prayer was not opposed by the prosecuting counsel for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mr. Rotimi Oyedepo.'

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/01/fani-kayode-has-heart-disease.html

Celebrities / Ahmed Musa Returns To CSKA Moscow by 1Ebisco: 9:23am On Jan 31, 2018
Nigerian winger Ahmed Musa has left Leicester city back to Russian side CSKA Moscow on loan till the end of the season.

The Russian league is currently on a winter break but he will be eligible to play in the Europa league match against Red Star Belgrade in Serbia.

Musa join Leicester city in 2016 for a fee of £16m from CSKA Moscow. He enjoined a first season in England where he 6 goals in 33 appearance for the former league winners.

He has made only one senior appearance this season with Gray, Albrighton above him in the pecking other at the club.

“I am very happy and proud to be back. This is really my home, champion team that fights for top awards and occupies higher places. I am back to red-blue family,” he wrote.

Cska Moscow sits in the number five position in the league.

The move is to help him play regular football so as to be among the squad to represent Nigeria in Russia.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/01/ahmed-musa-returns-to-cska-moscow.html

Celebrities / Why Jesus Didn’t Protect Me From A Lesbian In Church -actress Joju Muse Cries by 1Ebisco: 8:02pm On Jan 30, 2018
Nigerian actress April Joju Muse has share how she was s-xu-lly molested by a lesbian in church during Sunday school.

The perfect union cast said she encountered this at a very young age of six, she also said she couldn’t protect herself from the violent act and that even Jesus allowed this to happen to her.

She also labeled Jesus a “powerless deity” and when she was criticized for this word she has heap abusive words on all those that kick against this.

She said that many young girls have gone through this, many are going through this and many more will still go through this (s-xual harassment) and he Jesus will still not protect them from it.

The self-profess light bearer wrote; “Jesus didn’t protect me, the church couldn’t protect me. My Sunday school teacher didn’t even care. And I had to grow up and keep quiet until I had the courage to heal.”

Jesus may not have saved you that day but he is saving and keeping you till today, or do you think you merit all what you have achieved?

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/01/why-jesus-didnt-protect-me-from-lesbian.html

Politics / Buhari Urges Nigerian Varsities To Collaborate With Industrial Sector by 1Ebisco: 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2018
The federal government has urged Nigerian universities to continue to collaborate with the industrial sector to enhance socio-economic and technological transformation of the country.

President Muhammadu Buhari made the appeal on Sunday in Dutsin-ma, Katsina State, at the second and third combined convocation of the Federal University Dutsin-ma.

Mr. Buhari was represented by the Executive Secretary, Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC) Adamu Rasheed, a professor.

“I want to challenge all Nigerian universities to come out of their shell to build constructive linkages and collaboration with the industrial sector of the society.

“This remains the only way we can enhance the socio-economic and technological transformation of our country,’’ he said.

He said that universities were supposed to be strong drivers of society’s development initiatives and provide leadership role in coordinating activities for sustainable development.

“The universities are equipped with manpower for continuous research and dissemination of ideas that will guide policies, programmes and action plans for the public and private sectors,’’ he said.

Mr. Buhari urged the graduating students to contribute their knowledge to the development of the economy.

He urged the university to intensify efforts in research, to produce improved agricultural products needed to ensure food security.

“The university is also expected to be a forerunner in agricultural modernisation that will support the local farmers to enhance their productivity and economic viability,” he said.

He said that the university should, through researches, proffer solutions to overcome the challenges towards ensuring sustainable livestock sector development for the country.

Mr. Buhari said that government would continue to give maximum support to universities’ education in spite of dwindling resources.

The Acting Vice Chancellor of the university, Armayau Bichi, a professor, said that over 700 students were awarded with degrees.

He said that 42 graduated with first class degrees, and would be given automatic employment in the university.

Mr. Bichi said that 17 of the first class degree students would receive their employment letters while the remaining 23 would be employed after their service.

He said challenges confronting the university included inadequate water supply to the new site of the institution, road network, inadequate security arrangement in the new campus, insufficient staff quarters and students hotels.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/01/buhari-urges-nigerian-varsities-to.html

Crime / Governor Rescues Two Students From Being Stabbed To Death In Niger State (PHOTOS by 1Ebisco: 8:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
The timely intervention of Niger Governor Abubakar Sani-Bello saved the lives of two students of Army Day Secondary School Minna who were attacked by some hoodlums while returning home from school; from bleeding to death on Friday. The attack occurred in front of the Niger State College of Education, Minna.

The Governor who was on official assignment to Tungan Mallam in Paikoro Local Government area, ordered his convoy to stop at the sight of some students who were soaked in blood from injuries sustained from the attack by some hoodlums.

He then directed his personal physician, Dr Ahmad Shehu to stabilise the victims before the ambulance on his convoy rushed the injured students to IBB Specialist Hospital Minna for further treatment.

No sooner had the hoodlums, who were alleged to have come from the neighbouring Sango area of the state capital, seen the convoy, that they took to their heels to avoid being arrested by the security operatives in the governor’s convoy.

Governor Sani-Bello then urged the state Commissioner of Police Mr Paul Yakadi to effect the arrest of the hoodlums and ensure their prosecution.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/01/niger-state-governor-rescues-two.html

Politics / Wike Urges LEADERSHIP Newspapers Group To Continue Fight For Democracy by 1Ebisco: 5:27am On Jan 27, 2018
…dedicates award to God,

Rivers’ people Rivers State governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, has advised LEADERSHIP Newspapers Group to remain steadfast in the fight to save Nigeria’s democracy from collapsing. This is as he dedicated the Governor of the Year award, which will be conferred on him on March 29, 2018, to the Almighty God and the people of Rivers State, who he said gave him a mandate to contribute his quota to the development of the state.

Wike spoke yesterday when the management of LEADERSHIP Newspapers Group, led by the group managing director (GMD), Abdul Gombe, presented the award nomination letter to him at Government House, Port Harcourt. The governor said, “Let me use this opportunity to let you know that LEADERSHIP Newspaper has a lot of roles to play in the current dispensation.

We see what is going on in Nigeria and we believe that you have to come out and protect and save Nigeria’s democracy.” He noted that if democracy fails in Nigeria, the newspaper and others like it will find it difficult to operate. “You are operating today because there is democracy. If it is a military government, LEADERSHIP Newspaper may not have the opportunity to say some of the things it is saying. That is why everybody is praying for democracy because it provides freedom of speech.”

He described LEADERSHIP as one of the most critical newspapers in Nigeria, saying the Governor of the Year award will spur him to continue to provide good governance to the people of Rivers State. Wike said, “Let me, on behalf of the government and people of Rivers State, thank LEADERSHIP Newspapers for the award. The award is being dedicated to Almighty God and the entire people of Rivers State, who have given us the mandate to be able to contribute our quota as far as the development of the state is concerned.

“Leadership Newspaper, as we all know, is one of the most critical newspapers we have in Nigeria. When I was in Abuja as a minister and if you want to read things that happened in rural parts of Nigeria, especially in the North where other newspapers don’t get, Leadership Newspapers is doing quite well.” Speaking on his award, he pledged to continue doing what marked him out as the best governor for 2017 in the newspaper’s estimation.

“You know the reason, you know the criteria you used in nominating us; we want to say whatever you may have seen, we will not relent to see that we continue to contribute to our state. This award is going to spur us the more.” Presenting the letter of nomination and invitation to the governor, the GMD, LEADERSHIP Newspapers Group, Abdul Gombe, informed Wike that his nomination for the award was endorsed by two former Heads of State and a retired Supreme Court justice. Gombe said,

“The purpose of our visit is to present to you our notification of your nomination as Governor of the Year and your invitation to the newspaper’s annual award. “Your Excellency, our newspaper is called LEADERSHIP for a reason. We believe that the success or failure of any venture in public service or private entrepreneurship squarely rests on leadership and that is what we have been striving for in our newspaper. “One of the reasons for this award is our search for focused and determined leadership.

The process of nomination has been painstaking and thorough. A group of all our editors and correspondents sat down to do the nomination but even some of our staff do not know that your nomination was endorsed also by two former heads of state and a retired Justice of the Supreme Court. “Sir, success in leadership is not by chance and it is not by luck. If you see success in leadership it is because there is a careful and deliberate plan by whoever is leading.

You must have made a deliberate efforts and that is what we believe is happening in Rivers State. “Your Excellency, at the end of your election, some of us believed that you would be distracted by a lot of politics – for obvious reasons, but we were surprised that you hit the ground running and you remained focused and determined and this has led to even the acting president one time agreeing that you are an infrastructure governor. “So, coming from the other side of the divide, I think this is an endorsement that what you have been doing has been noticed and has been appreciated.

“We believe that this endeavour you have taken is a small step for Rivers State but it is going to be a giant leap for this country because we believe if you continue the way you are going, you are going to have a national platform and that is what we have been striving for.” Gombe further revealed that the newspaper even cross-checked its position with the governor’s opponents and still arrived at the same verdict.

“It will interest you, Your Excellency, to know that we double-checked with your opponents when we were doing this nomination and a lot of them agreed, in spite of the political differences, that you have changed the scenery of infrastructure in the state,” he said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/01/wike-urges-leadership-newspapers-group.html

Politics / We’re Determined To Reposition Education For Global Competition —akeredolu by 1Ebisco: 4:07am On Jan 27, 2018
Ondo State governor, Mr. Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, yesterday said his administration planned to reposition the state’s education sector for global competition.

He said the move became necessary to produce competent professionals who would be agents and drivers of societal development.

Akeredolu, who spoke when the four panels on the state-owned tertiary institutions presented their reports at the Cocoa Conference Hall of the Governor’s Office, assured the panels that their recommendations would be critically looked into.

It will be recalled that Governor Akeredolu in November last year inaugurated the four visitation panels to look at the plethora of problems bedevilling the four state-owned tertiary institutions as well as recommend solutions to them.

The tertiary institutions are Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko; Ondo State University of Science and Technology, Okitipupa; University of Medical Science, Ondo and Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo.

He said: “We are determined to efficiently use the limited resources available at this dire time to ensure optimal service delivery in all sectors of the economy with pride of place given to the education sub-sector.

“We are unwaveringly committed to the delivery of 21st Century compliant tertiary education. We are not interested in rhetorics but delivery of people-oriented service that will be a lasting legacy.

“As part of our efforts at revamping this critical sub-sector of our economy, we intend to improve on the funding of these schools as soon as our finances improve to enable them to improve on their infrastructure and payment of outstanding emoluments and staff entitlements.

“Different measures will be taken to ensure that the fortunes of these institutions are in tune with the visions and aspirations of our administration.

“Our passion is to reinvigorate the education system to make it vibrant, enviable and admirable globally.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/01/were-determined-to-reposition-education.html

Politics / Senate Issues NNPC 7-day Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria by 1Ebisco: 8:14pm On Jan 26, 2018
The Senate on Thursday called on the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to end the lingering scarcity of Premium Motor Spirit (petrol) and long queues in filling stations across the country within seven days.

This order was followed by a unanimous adoption of the report of the Committee on Petroleum Resources (Downstream) on the fuel crisis in the country at plenary.

The resolution followed the adoption of a report by the Senate and House of Representatives’ Joint Committee on Petroleum Resources following a closed-door meeting between the committee and the NNPC leadership on Wednesday.

In the report presented by its Chairman, Sen. Kabiru Marafa, the committee recommended that NNPC should be given seven days ultimatum to end long queues in fuel stations in the country.

It also recommended that the Department for Petroleum Resources should double efforts to enforce compliance with government’s regulated pump price of petroleum products.

“During our recess, the committee moved around some cities, including Abuja and Lagos, to ascertain the situation on ground.

“When we thought that we were making progress, we just realised that the queues were resurfacing in fuel stations.

“We also engaged with the NNPC and other stakeholders and we were informed that there were challenges of supply coupled with massive smuggling of petroleum products to neighbouring countries for higher prices.

“Also, there is the problem of marketers selling above approved pump price,’’ the report stated.

Reacting to this, President of the Senate, Dr Bukola Saraki, asked the NNPC to ensure compliance with the resolution and endeavour to end the queues within seven days.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/01/senate-issues-nnpc-7-day-ultimatum-to.html

Politics / Senior Special Assistant To Bauchi Governor Poses With Huge Cash, Nigerians Reac by 1Ebisco: 10:39am On Jan 26, 2018
An unrest has been caused online after a senior special assistant to the governor of Bauchi state, Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar, posed with huge cash along with a colleague. The purpose for displaying with the huge amount of money is what is yet to be understood by citizens.

Online users have decided to voice their minds after the picture was posted on Facebook. See below;

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/01/senior-special-assistant-to-bauchi.html

Celebrities / Nigerian Lady Goes Completely Unclad As Artist Colour Her Body With Paints by 1Ebisco: 9:01am On Jan 26, 2018
A lady went completely unclad, offering her body to be used as a canvas by a Nigerian makeup artist who then shared the photos online The woman had nothing on save for black yellow and red paint which partially hid her uncladness as the artist bent down to paint on her.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/01/nigerian-lady-goes-completely-unclad-as.html

Celebrities / Dencia Vs Keyshia Koir: Who Rocked This $3,980 Gucci Embroidered Dressed Better by 1Ebisco: 6:11pm On Jan 25, 2018
Both entertainers rocked the Gucci Crystal embroidered ribbed knit dress stylishly but in different ways. Dencia paired hers with a $10,000 YSL glitter boots while Keysha rocked hers wih a pair of Gucci Sandals to an event with husband, Gucci Mane.

Who rocked it better?

Please Kindly Visit Here: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/01/dencia-vs-keyshia-koir-who-rocked-this.html

Politics / JUST IN: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo Over Letter To Buhari by 1Ebisco: 9:01am On Jan 25, 2018
Minister of Information and Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress,APC, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has responded to Ex-president, Olusegun Obasanjo’s letter to Buhari.
In a statement obtained by PoliticsNGR, Lai Mohammed listed Buhari’s achievements and gave reasons for the government’s problems. The statement read;

“We have read the press statement by former President Olusegun Obasanjo on the State of the Nation.

For the record, Chief Obasanjo is a patriot, and he has proven this time and time again. We appreciate what he said concerning the Administration’s performance in two out of the three key issues that formed the plank of its campaign: Fighting corruption and tackling insurgency. Specifically, the former President said President Buhari must be given credit for his achievement so far in these two areas. We thank him for this.

Apparently, the former President believes that the Administration does not deserve a pass mark in the area of the economy, which is the third of our three-pronged campaign promises.

We have no doubt that in the face of massive challenges in this area, this Administration has availed itself creditably. We believe that Chief Obasanjo, because of his very busy schedule, may not have been fully availed of developments in the government’s efforts to revamp the economy, which was battered by the consequences of over-dependence on a commodity as well as unprecedented pillaging of the treasury.

Today, most of the indices by which an economy is measured are looking up. Permit me to say, however, that Nigeria would not have exited recession through a mere order or if the Administration had not made use of ”good Nigerians” who could help.

This Administration is making steady progress in its determined effort to revamp the economy, and the results are showing:

* Foreign Reserves have peaked at $40b, the highest level in about four years, and up from $24 billion just a year ago, even though when we came in, the price of oil had crashed woefully.

* According to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBC), headline inflation has fallen for 11 consecutive months, standing at 15.37% as at Dec. 2017. This is the lowest inflation rate since Jan 2017, and it has met and surpassed the target set for inflation in the Administration’s Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP).

* Our determined implementation of the Treasury Single Account (TSA) has stopped the hemorrhaging of the treasury. Some 108 billion Naira has been saved from removal of maintenance fees payable to banks, pre-TSA. The nation is being saved 24.7 billion Naira monthly with the full implementation of the TSA.

* The elimination of ghost workers has saved the nation 120 billion Naira

* At about 1.8 billion dollars, the capital inflows in the second quarter of 2017 were almost double the $908 million in the first quarter.

* In the wake of a stable Naira and increased investment inflows, Nigeria’s stock market emerged one of the best-performing in the world, delivering returns in excess of 40 percent.

* Nigeria rose 24 places on the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business ranking, and earned a place on the List of Top 10 Reformers in the world.

* According to Q3 2017 figures, agriculture export is up year-on-year by 25%, solid minerals exports are up year-on-year by 78%, raw materials exports are up 70% year-on-year and manufactured goods exports are up 22% year-on-year.

* Government agencies such as the Nigeria Customs Service are reporting highest-ever revenue collection, while JAMB, under the new management appointed by President Buhari in 2016, remitted N7.8 billion to the coffers of the federal government. The total amount remitted by JAMB between 2010 and 2016 was a paltry N51 million!

These positive indices may not have immediately impacted positively on Nigerians, but Nigerians will definitely get a new lease of life a short while from now. This is because the good news from the agricultural sector, which is recording a bumper harvest, will bring down the cost of foodstuffs, especially such staple as rice, and our massive Social Investment Programme will ease the pain of the most vulnerable in the society.

When we assumed office in 2015, some 6 million farmers were involved in rice production. Thanks to the Anchor Borrowers’ programme of this Administration, we have grown that number to over 12 million farmers. The result is that our rice import from Thailand alone has dropped from 644 metric tonnes to 22,000 MT in just two years. This is phenomenal.

Apart from rice, Nigeria is also doing well in other grains,

especially Millet, Sorghum and Maize. We are now the second largest producer of sorghum after the US, the third in millet after India and our breweries are now enjoying local sourcing of those commodities.

For maize, we are producing 10 million tons while we need about 13 million tons for both human and animal nutrition. Nigeria leads the world in the yam and cassava production. We account for 70% of the world’s yam production. In two years, we hope to be the world’s largest exporter of yam! Overall, our ambition is that agriculture should rise from 25% to 40% of GDP, so that we can banish poverty and overcome our economic anxiety.

Our Social Investment Programme is Nigeria’s most ambitious social welfare programme ever. Currently, 5.2 million primary school children in 28,249 schools in 19 states are being fed daily; 200,000 unemployed graduates have enlisted into the N-power Job Scheme, and a quarter of a million loans already distributed to artisans, traders, and farmers.

Finally, our investment in infrastructure is simply unprecedented. This is because infrastructure is key to faster economic growth and development.

Here is a synopsis of what we have done in this area:

* Power Generation at an all-time high of 7,000mw and all can be transmitted

* RAIL: Lagos-Kano Standard Gauge is on. Lagos-Ibadan sector ready 2019, Kano-Kaduna ready 2019; The entire stretch ready 2021; Negotiations on for Coastal Rail covering 15 cities from Lagos to Calabar.

* ROAD: 25 major highways being funded with the N100b Sukuk Bond, and all geo-political zones are benefitting equally

This Administration is not unaware of the enormity of the challenges facing the nation, but we are up to the task. We have taken the bull by the horns, and long-suffering Nigerians will begin to experience a new lease of life as our efforts yield fruits. We will not go into a state of funk for whatever reason.

On the Herders/Farmers’ clashes, this Administration is determined to end the crisis resulting from this once and for all, not minding the fact that the clashes predate us. we urge Nigerians to have faith in the Administration’s ability to resolve the crisis, and to watch out for concrete measures in this regard.

On whether or not President Muhammadu Buhari should run for another term, it is true that many Nigerians have been calling on the President to run again, while others are opposed to his return. However, we believe this issue is a distraction for the President at this time. This is because Mr. President spends every waking hour tackling the enormous challenges facing the nation, most of which were bequeathed to his Administration by successive past Administrations. He is committed to fulfilling the mandate given to him by Nigerians in 2015. And that’s where we are right now!

Finally, we have no reason to believe that former President Obasanjo has any motive beyond the well-being of the nation in issuing his Special Press Statement. We have also taken his admonition in good faith, and we thank him most sincerely for taking time off his busy schedule to pen such a long statement.

>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/01/just-in-lai-mohammed-replies-obasanjo.html

Politics / 2019 Elections: Atiku Meets With Fayose In Ekiti (photos) by 1Ebisco: 1:25pm On Jan 24, 2018
Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has arrived Akure, Ondo state from where he will proceed to Ekiti.

Governor Ayo Fayose among other dignitaries received him at the airport in Akure amidst cheers from his supporters that stormed the airport as early as 9:00am to give him a rousing welcome.
Below are Photos from the scene;

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/01/2019-elections-atiku-meets-with-fayose.html

Politics / Presidency Lists Interventions To Herdsmen Killings In Benue by 1Ebisco: 9:10am On Jan 24, 2018
The presidency has released a factsheet showing federal government’s effort in curbing attacks and killings by Fulani herdsmen in Benue and other parts of the country.

The government in a statement said the killings have been happening since 2013 with over 190 people killed therefore faulting assertions that the attacks were happening because Buhari is Fulani.

The ‘Factsheet’ posted on Aso Villa website http://statehouse.gov.ng/ ‎listed areas of Government’s intervention in bringing justice to perpetrators and restoring peace in Benue.

‎It read: “Insinuations and allegations that the attacks and killings are happening because President Buhari is Fulani are both unkind and incorrect. These attacks long predated the Buhari Government. In 2013 no fewer than nine cases of herdsmen attacks were recorded in Benue State alone, with more than 190 people killed. In 2014 there were no fewer than 16 recorded attacks, in Benue, which claimed more than 230 victims. Between January and May 2015, six attacks left more than 300 people dead, again in Benue State alone.

“This historical context is important for a proper understanding of the issue, and to avoid unnecessarily politicizing what should be regarded and dealt with as acts of criminality. These attacks have been a longstanding issue, and successive governments have struggled to contain the situation.

“The Buhari Administration is more than fully committed to bringing the cycle of violence to an end, prosecuting the attackers, and preventing further killings and attacks. President Buhari has condemned the killings in Benue and other parts of the country and stands by his earlier directives to security agencies that all those behind wanton killings in any part of the country must be brought to book. The security agencies also have standing instructions to arrest and prosecute any and all persons found with illegal arms.

Federal Interventions

The recent killings in Benue and Taraba States have elicited the following Federal responses:

1. President Buhari has met with the Governor of Benue State on the matter, to assure him of the Federal Government’s commitment to protecting farmers and communities.

2. President Buhari has directed the Inspector General of Police to relocate to Benue State.

3. On Monday January 8, 2018, the Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Dambazau, convened a security meeting on the issue, bringing together Federal and State government officials: Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Heads of security agencies, and the Governors of the most affected States: Adamawa, Benue, Kaduna, Nasarawa, and Taraba.

4. On Wednesday January 10, 2018, the IG held a Stakeholders engagement with the Benue State Government, elders, community, religious and traditional leaders etc

5. Since the first week of January, immediately following the January 1 attacks, the Inspector General of Police has deployed the following to the affected areas:

· Ten (10) Units of the Police Mobile Force
· Ten (10) Units of Police Special Forces (‘Tactical Operation Units’)
· Counter Terrorism Units
· Conventional Policemen.
· Police Explosive Ordinance Department (EOD)
· Special Police Joint Intelligence and Investigation Teams
· Police Aerial Surveillance Teams (Police Helicopters)

6. Five (5) Mobile Police Units deployed to protect IDPs in neighbouring Nasarawa State.

7. The Nigerian Army has deployed Special Forces to Benue, Taraba, and Nasarawa States.

8. In Benue State, eight (cool suspected herdsmen are in Police custody over the recent killings, and are currently being prosecuted.

9. The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development is working to establish cattle colonies across the country, in 2018. These colonies will provide grass and water for the cattle, and education and healthcare facilities for herders. They will also have Agro-Rangers deployed to secure the facilities.

10. On January 15, 2018, various past and present Benue state government officials, traditional elders and members of the House of Assembly gathered for a security meeting with the President on measures to curb violence in the state.

11. The Vice President has refuted claims that he had prior knowledge on attacks of alleged herdsmen in Logo and Guma LGAs of Benue state on Januray 1, 2018 without acting on it. Full press statement HERE.

12. On January 18, 2018, the National Economic Council, which is chaired by the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, has set up a committee to address the issues of conflict and violence between herdsmen and farmers in the country.

Please Read More: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/01/presidency-lists-interventions-to.html

Crime / SEE The Woman That Vomitted Padlock And Delivered A Turtle In Lagos [PICTURED] by 1Ebisco: 7:26pm On Jan 23, 2018
It sounds like tales by moonlight but it is indeed a verifiable fact that a woman was delivered of a live turtle and a padlock in the presence of thousands of worshippers during a church service in a Lagos church.

Time was 5am on Wednesday, December 2, 2015 during the Rhema water programme organised by the Elijah Faith Assembly Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos. The incident took many, including the church’s Overseer, Prophet Chinonso Favour Aniebo by sur­prise. Many took to their heels as a result of fear and the irritation of seeing a pool of blood that gushed out of the private part of the woman, Mrs Cassandra Amaka Obi, be­fore the turtle eventually came out.

After the incident, the 22-year-old Cas­sandra from Ihiala, in Anambra State, lay flat on the floor of the church, while deliverance prayers were going on to resuscitate her, af­ter some hours of going into coma. The story of Cassandra, who is nursing a six-month-old baby girl, who she took to the church that fateful day, will arouse fears and probably sympathy in any...

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2015/12/omg-see-woman-that-vomitted-padlock-and.html
Crime / Woman Pours Hot Water On A Lady For Having Sex With Husband by 1Ebisco: 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2018
It was double tragedy for a young lady who was lured by a married man, who had anal sex with her and was bathed with hot water by the man’s angry wife in Lagos.

The incident happened at Aunty Toyin Street, Kedeibo Estate in Ijegun area in the outskirts of Lagos.

The couple, Mr. Chigozie Ezeofor and his wife Isioma have been arrested and charged before a Lagos court for their alleged involvement in criminal offences against the victim.
The court ordered the suspects to be remanded in prison custody at Kirikiri town, Lagos.

Mc Ebisco reports that while Chigozie was charged for anal penetration of the victim, his wife was charged for causing serious harm by pouring hot water on the victim.

Mc Ebisco scooped that the victim and the suspects lived together, but unknown to the wife her husband had been sleeping with the victim until she eventually knew. The wife then became furious, boiled hot water and poured it on the victim which caused serious injury on her body.

The victim was taken to an undisclosed hospital where doctors were making effort to save her life.

However, Isioma realised at the police station where they were detained that it was her husband that actually forced the victim against her wish, but by then the damage has been done.

When they were arraigned before Ikeja Magistrates court, they pleaded not guilty.

The presiding Magistrate, Mrs. B.O.Osunsanmi granted them bail in the sum of N500,000 each with two sureties in like sum.
They were remanded in prison custody pending they will perfect their bail condition.
The matter has been adjourned till 1 February, 2018.

Please Read More Here: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/01/wife-pours-hot-water-on-lady-for-having.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (of 6 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.