Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

1forall's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1forall's Profile / 1forall's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 88 pages)

Politics / Re: Masked Oyo Indigenes Give Fulani, Hausa 30days To Leave Yorubaland by 1forall: 11:17pm On Sep 27, 2021
Clowns
Career / Re: Choice by 1forall: 7:38pm On Sep 26, 2021
Final decision would really depend on you but here are a few things to conaider. Immigration is a federal civil service position, and the other is probably private sector(?). How secure is the trainee role? What prospects does the position/organization hold for the future?

The immigration role is secure, with regular pay and NHIS. Although promotion may not be based on merit only, and you will likely have to engage in side hustling as most civil servants do on the job.

Compare these with the benefits of the other in your decision making.

Good luck.

1 Like

Career / Re: Professional Course In International Relations by 1forall: 7:12pm On Sep 26, 2021
Use Google to do some research
Jokes Etc / Re: Most Used Memes On Nairaland by 1forall: 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2021
Jacob Zuma with his two index fingers together of course grin grin
Politics / Re: Reps Stranded In Kano Airport As Airline Reschedules Flight ‘four Times’ by 1forall: 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2021
Normal in this country so no big deal.
Politics / Re: Simon Harry Replaces Yemi Kale As Statistician-General Of The Federation by 1forall: 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2021
Yemi Kale has tried. He improved the output of the NBS and made them a more visible government agency. He ruffled a few feathers too.

Congratulations to Simon Harry - weird name though smiley
Sports / Re: I Am 100% Staying At Tottenham - Harry Kane by 1forall: 5:22pm On Aug 25, 2021
ValCon888:
He didn't say he's not going to leave. He only said he will be staying this summer. I'm sure the deal fell through because that money gobbler Daniel Levy wanted more money than Man City was willing to pay.

I think the deal fell through because his agent (his brother, Charlie Kane) is not experienced enough particularly in swinging big deals such as this was going to be at about £100m.

When he had the so called gentleman's agreement with Levy that he could leave this summer, it should have been included in his contract with a release clause and a specific figure. His agent should have advised him better.

I mean, where does Charlie Kane rank on the list of football agents? How many clients does he have? You don't do big football deals with small boys.

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: Lagos Sets Up Special Team To Stop Street Begging, Hawking by 1forall: 10:32pm On Aug 18, 2021
Fix the economic problems and beggars will virtually disappear
Career / Re: Is Data Analytics A Promising Career Path? by 1forall: 11:13pm On Aug 15, 2021
At 21 you should be thinking about your career and making plans towards your future so you appear to be on the right path. Though I know there's more to you than can be written in those few paragraphs up there, I got the feeling you're still undecided and impressionable, and though you've made poor sentimental decisions prior to now, it's not too late yet.

So if you've identified your passions for writing, hair styling and selling what are you doing thinking about data analytics?

I advise people like you who see themselves as entrepreneurs and business oriented; that experience in the corporate environment is necessary to equip you with the hard and soft skills you will need when you eventually decide to venture out on your own, so on that basis will recommend that you get a job in a structured work environment to start with. If you're looking at data science, are you comfortable with statistics, technical & logical thinking, computer applications (math & stat, programming, databases and presentation) and IT in general? Do you want to learn and grow in those fields? If yes, then that's great but if no, what other field do you fancy? You need to find that out.

Final advice: Focus on those areas of strength already identified (writing etc.) and continue to develop the required skills and experience for making a living from them now and in the future, while also planning for and plotting a career path in the corporate world, data science or not. That way, even when you get employed you'll always have something to do "on the side" which helps you build a personal focus outside of your employment. Such a plan stands to make you gain valuable corporate discipline & experience, expand your knowledge base and polish your CV until you feel prepared (mentally & financially) and confident enough to start something of your own. Finally, give yourself realistic timelines to achieve these things so you don't heap too much pressure on yourself.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Properties / Re: Cost Of Floor And Ceiling Finishes by 1forall: 4:01pm On Aug 03, 2021
Seen
Politics / Re: Why We Are Prioritizing Job Creation - Osinbajo by 1forall: 3:42pm On Aug 03, 2021
Job creation is not automatic - you don't just create jobs as if they're made from raw materials.

Where are the employers? The business and economic environment is hostile and not friendly to business so where would the employers come from?
Sports / Re: NPFL: LMC Dismisses Rivers United’s Protest by 1forall: 7:49pm On Jul 31, 2021
Cruisemasterl:
Every related to sports in Nigeria has lost its value
Fixed, thanks.
Education / Re: Hilarious Final Year Sign Out: Check Photos by 1forall: 4:40pm On Jul 26, 2021
A nation or society that does not value education will find it hard/impossible to develop. What a pity!
Travel / Re: A Visit To Kano 3-In-1 N4.5 Billion Dangi Underpass Bridge (Photos, Video) by 1forall: 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2021
Ishilove:

E shock you abi? grin

As in ehn..
Science/Technology / Re: South Korean Toilet Turns Faeces Into Power And Digital Currency (Photos) by 1forall: 12:24am On Jul 26, 2021
While in Nigeria we're still talking about cows and their "grazing routes"
Travel / Re: A Visit To Kano 3-In-1 N4.5 Billion Dangi Underpass Bridge (Photos, Video) by 1forall: 12:21am On Jul 26, 2021
"Underpass bridge"

N4.5billion?? shocked shocked shocked
Career / Re: Please I Need Advice On Which Career Path To Take by 1forall: 1:18pm On Jul 16, 2021
gbemishile:

I studied computer engineering. Tried the ccna like twice but didn't make it which kind of made me scared of it. I'm not working in an IT field but would like to venture into my area soon. I really love networking because of what I studied. Because I've tried the ccna twice, I was thinking of going through the CompTIA A, N, server and cloud route

With a background in computer engineering, ideally you shouldn't need the A+ cert as it covers fundamental topics you should know already. You may have flunked the CCNA twice but the knowledge gained from studying it should be useful for taking the Network+ or Security+ exams.

You've clearly declared a love for networking which defines where your interest is. However the networking field is quite wide with AD, Server, Unix/Linux, Cisco, Cloud, Security and other areas, and it's easy to get tempted to want to know/do everything and thereby not have a focus.

But determine your own focus and face it, and thereafter expand your skillset into other areas with time.

My advise is to take time to checkout the Internet resources out there (there are too many so take your time to filter out the useful ones) to help you define your IT career path. If you're able to do so then it'll become easy for you to determine what certifications you need and where to start from.
Career / Re: Please I Need Advice On Which Career Path To Take by 1forall: 9:19am On Jul 16, 2021
gbemishile:
Hello nairaland members.please I need serious advice from the core IT guys.
Please is the CompTIA series as relevant as the Cisco here in the Nigerian labor market? I was at Aptech and the prices of their training programs were very much higher than that of New Horizons.
Please I wish to know if anyone has tried both centers before and what the experience was like.
Please I need your advice on this

Someone said you should know first of all where your interest lies which I think is the best advice so far. So, what is your IT background like in terms of KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE?

No IT certification is entirely easy, because things get increasingly complex as you go deeper and it's your interest that will sustain your training as you go along, not just the desire to acquire a cert nor your intention to get a job/make money with it. So the first thing is to IDENTIFY WHERE YOUR INTEREST REALLY LIES.

So I should ask, why are you considering Cisco? My take on Cisco certs is apart from equipping you with skills to work on Cisco devices (which can be a advantage or disadvantage depending on where you find work), they also provide you with general knowledge applicable in network/internetwork/security infrastructure environments.

You did not mention which of the CompTIA certs you're considering, though CompTIA certs are not vendor specific but take a broader view of the field in question relative to proprietary certs like Cisco, Microsoft etc.

Overall there are significant overlaps in the knowledge and skills being tested by CompTIA and Cisco certs. Thus there is no one size fits all approach or solution, but YOUR INTEREST (based on your KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE) should help you to determine the study/career path that suits you.

Good luck!
Sports / Re: Amaju Pinnick Visits Watford, Meets Etebo, Troost-Ekong, Others (Photos) by 1forall: 11:32pm On Jul 11, 2021
My fellow Warri boy? He probably 'branched' on his way back from shopping tongue
Politics / Re: Bidemi Rufai In More Trouble For Deceiving US Court In Desperate Bid To Get Bail by 1forall: 11:27am On Jun 28, 2021
dfrost:
embarassed lipsrsealed undecided angry
So he doesn't think that they will tap his calls or what?
Not just his but of everyone known to be connected to him.
Career / Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by 1forall: 1:58pm On Jun 27, 2021
kenny714433:
Thanks for the response. I'll do just that. Please are you into cybersecurity?

Nope, but background's slightly related.

Check this out to start with: https://www.beyond20.com/blog/best-cyber-security-certification-path-for-a-great-career/
Career / Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by 1forall: 1:51pm On Jun 27, 2021
kenny714433:
I wish to study cybersecurity. I so much have passion for it. I need someone to mentor and guide me.

Start with Google if you haven't already
Career / Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by 1forall: 11:07am On Jun 18, 2021
Mutmainneen:

How so? Please, I'm Dm'ing you immediately.

It's a disclaimer. Just doing my mod job so you don't consider NL liable for whatever you experience.

However, when an anonymous person refers you to another anonymous person through a faceless forum, particularly for "spiritual assistance", you should be wary.
Career / Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by 1forall: 8:31pm On Jun 17, 2021
Mutmainneen:

Okay sir, I will reach out to him immediately. Thank you.

You do so at your own risk, please take note.
Career / Re: Fiverrs : A Menace Or A Way Out? by 1forall: 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2021
Fiverrs? If you're referring to the freelancing website Fiverr it's certainly not new, has been in existence for many years.

Google it to get more knowledge about it.

1 Like

Romance / Re: Dilemma Of A Friend by 1forall: 2:53pm On Jun 14, 2021
highyo:
Following the word of God
You can't divorce her, you must forgive and continue, but of your life will be under a treat living with her, then stay away, but not divorce.

All sins are equal before God because same judgement that awaits murderer, and fornicator, the same judgement await liars

So if telling lies can't bring divorce, adultery can't either except death

Looks like you don't know your bible well enough. Please check Matthew 5.32.
Career / Re: I Want To Learn Animation And UI / UX Designs by 1forall: 6:17pm On Jun 12, 2021
Google is a good resource for your enquiry. Also try the webmasters section here on Nairaland where you can link up with people already in your desired field.

(Posting your phone number on a public forum is not such a good idea)

Good luck.
Career / Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by 1forall: 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
Dukeolumidemans:
Bro I was once in ur shoes. But I noticed early that u don't need to wait for the future. U dream it exactly how u want it and create one for urself.
U need the following:
1. Self confidence.
2. Self motivation
3. A mentor
4. A target of what who u want to be in life
5. Have a plan and follow it
6. U need discipline, focus. zeal to succeed and never look back.
7. Focus on a few like-minded friends.
8. Leave women now and make money. They will come in numbers when u blow up.
9. Chase profitability (being ur own boss) and not salary (job).

Note: It's not about ur religion, sex, tribe or age, u can succeed legitemately just like me and so many others who came from the slum. Never give up!!!

This is good advise. Just follow your dream.
Career / Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by 1forall: 6:18pm On Jun 03, 2021
Ideally you should let the person know you don't appreciate their language towards you and that you want them to stop it, but in Nigeria, that move may end up working against you.

Is it a one-off or recurrent thing?

Ask co-employees about their experience with the person. Try and find out if you're the only target of the insults or others are also affected.

Overall let those you met there advise you on the matter.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by 1forall: 11:49am On May 31, 2021
Markswag101

Except you already know the full terms of the new job, I don't think you have enough information to make a decision yet.

Why not wait until you're made an offer so you have all the facts? Then and only then can you/readers make a informed decision.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 88 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.